Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

I'd have thought we'd start getting set names soon. We've got Star Wars summer names and granted they are May release, but we've also just got names for the Speed Champions June set numbers that leaked at the same time as the HP summer set numbers so fingers crossed. 

After this many years, I'd much rather speculate on set contents than what sets will be. :moar:

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'd have thought we'd start getting set names soon. We've got Star Wars summer names and granted they are May release, but we've also just got names for the Speed Champions June set numbers that leaked at the same time as the HP summer set numbers so fingers crossed. 

After this many years, I'd much rather speculate on set contents than what sets will be. :moar:

Looking at the 2023 thread, by this time last year the set names had already dropped, so we could realistically see them any time now. It’s just a matter of a leaker getting ahold of a the right list. 

Last year’s list dropped exceptionally early though, so I wouldn’t expect that to be repeated :grin: Late January or early February would be my guess

On 1/5/2024 at 6:06 PM, Accio Lego said:

Both Buckbeak and the pixie feature new prints (Buckbeak has significantly more feathers on his face and the pixie is winking).

And while the glow in the dark spider isn’t new, it is pretty rare - having only appeared in a handful of sets during one year a while ago. 

But yes, no new molds. 

Thanks for pointing those details out. Getting new variants does increase the sets' appeal. I missed the glow in the dark spider too, that's a neat touch.

2TToys has high res images of the HP march sets on their site including the overview of the 14 new collectable tiles:
LEGO76428Hagridshuisjeonverwachtbezoek_2

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

2TToys has high res images of the HP march sets on their site including the overview of the 14 new collectable tiles:
LEGO76428Hagridshuisjeonverwachtbezoek_2

Excellent! As expected, Slytherin has joined the other three founders originally seen in the first incomplete promo. Sir Cadogan was in the original promo too, but I still must say I’m rather pleased he’s included. The rest are fairly random - obviously they’re all based off of portraits seen in the background of various shots, and some are based off of real historical portraits, and some have been given proper names in supplemental material like the video games, but not anything truly special. 

Not sure I’ve commented on these so I’ve got to say, these are leagues better than the chocolate frog cards. The chocolate frog cards could really only go in a figure’s hands and that’s about it, and there’s only so many figures you want holding big purple tiles. These can actually be used in MOCs and can kind of get used get used in sets although they’ve mostly been awkward so far. I just hope theyre included a bit more often in future sets. 

8 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

[…] but not anything truly special. 

Not sure what else they could’ve done here, to be honest! They are accurate to the source material and feature relevant characters :shrug_oh_well: I’m already looking forward to collecting them!

Closer look at the owl battle pack:
LEGO76430KasteelZweinstein_Uilenvleugel_LEGO76430KasteelZweinstein_Uilenvleugel_

Maybe a hint at an upcoming Eeylops Owl Emporium shop extension to Diagon Alley?
LEGO76430KasteelZweinstein_Uilenvleugel_

Excited for what they have in store for us this year. Hogwarts aside, I keep wondering if the $200 set could be a full quidditch pitch. We haven't had one in a long time (the trunk doesn't count haha) and seen as they seem to be going back to the start, a full Quidditch pitch could definitely justify that $200 price tag if it's a full set.

I feel like Quidditch is needed. A larger set has never been done and would feel really refreshing. The tricky part would be what film to base it on. 

I am also really excited for the summer wave. New Hogwarts expansions and the especially the Diagon Alley series are incredibly exciting. 

Admittedly, they need some real bangers this summer. I do like the vibe of this winter but most of the sets feel a bit fringe…which is good but not all year round. 

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what else they could’ve done here, to be honest! They are accurate to the source material and feature relevant characters :shrug_oh_well: I’m already looking forward to collecting them!

Oh I agree. I actually love the portraits design wise and all of them look lovely. The ‘nothing special’ comment is in reference to the subjects, 9/14 of which most fans won’t be able to attach a name to. I’m eagerly looking forward to collecting them all though - some of the nameless ones are among my favorites actually. 

What’s really got my interest piqued is the possibility of a gwp this year. I know we don’t have a set number or anything concrete yet, but in 2021 when the chocolate frog cards were introduced the gwp was the Gryffindor dorm module with a 16x16 plate slide into the back wall that you could display all the tiles on. I can’t help but wonder if this year’s will do something similar with the portraits. Like a new version of the staircase gwp from ‘22 with blank spots for the collectible portraits - or perhaps just a hallway - we haven’t seen what the main castle sections look like in this new system do it’s hard so say what could fit in there. 

6 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I can’t help but wonder if this year’s will do something similar with the portraits. 

Not sure. The difference is that with the chocolate frog cards, you couldn’t do much with them in most sets, so providing a GWP with a way to display them all made sense. Here, they already provide display space for the portraits in the builds! 

Then again, some sets seem to include more than can be placed on the walls, so a GWP set may still make sense. I wouldn’t expect enough space for all of them though, maybe just enough to fit all the spares, assuming you buy one copy of each set :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

16 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Like a new version of the staircase gwp from ‘22 with blank spots for the collectible portraits

I think that maybe in the new Hogwarts there will be a proper Grand Staircase Tower with enough space to hang on portraits you'll find in the set with the Grand Staircase section and all the other portraits.

4 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Closer look at the owl battle pack:
LEGO76430KasteelZweinstein_Uilenvleugel_

I was curious about where the Owl Statue came from since I don't remember seeing it in the films or the video games, but then I found this piece of concept art featuring it. 

tumblr_mxwvj80qxU1rxdgtwo1_1280.jpg

I‘m a little lost, so the 200$ set is gonna be the D2C set for this year and most likely the Burrow, no?

Will this be the only D2C this year? Last year we got Gringotts and the Hogwarts Castle.

Just wondering cause a) i‘m surprised there is no super expensive set this year (don’t get it wrong, my wallet is relieved) and b) I would have expected two D2C again.

4 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

I‘m a little lost, so the 200$ set is gonna be the D2C set for this year and most likely the Burrow, no?

Will this be the only D2C this year? Last year we got Gringotts and the Hogwarts Castle.

Just wondering cause a) i‘m surprised there is no super expensive set this year (don’t get it wrong, my wallet is relieved) and b) I would have expected two D2C again.

$200 and 1732 pieces is definitely too small for the preliminary concept Burrow we saw leaked in the survey last year. 

It’s far more likely that 76435 is a decent sized 18+ set that’s not actually a D2C - similarly to the Hogwarts Castle and Grounds set from last year. 

The reason we don’t have any info on a larger D2C or gwp yet is because the leaks we’ve seen for the summer wave so far a filtering through secondary retailers, who need to know things like the number of sets for each theme, prices, and rough sizes, so they can decide how many units they want to stock in their store. D2Cs and GWPs don’t show up on such lists because they’re exclusive to Lego. 

13 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

I don´t think the 200€ Set will be the Burrows (one of the leakers stated it wouldn´t be too) as I don´t think that one is in the list. As it is Exclusive to Lego at least for some time Infos usually leak later than for other sets - however the Burrows is still the most likely option - but I would guess it will be at least 250€ then.

13 minutes ago, Axxe90 said:

The Castle isn´t D2C.

7 hours ago, Alas_Earwax said:

Excited for what they have in store for us this year. Hogwarts aside, I keep wondering if the $200 set could be a full quidditch pitch. We haven't had one in a long time (the trunk doesn't count haha) and seen as they seem to be going back to the start, a full Quidditch pitch could definitely justify that $200 price tag if it's a full set.

Quidditch is such a favourite with the young fans, that I can't see them making it so inaccessible. If they did something like that, and I agree there's a market for a larger pitch, I could only picture it in conjunction with some other inexpensive set with at least Harry and Malfoy. Then again, they gated the four House uniforms behind the trunk, so I may be completely off base here. 

I still can't believe we haven't seen an Accessory Pack with the Quidditch uniforms. 

Portraits - Has anyone identified the new sleeping / reading ginger?

News on the summer Star Wars sets says that a Cal Kestis minifigure is going to make an appearance – so consider this my open reminder to Lego that both Charlie Weasley and Professor Cuthbert Binns have official video game appearances, and as canonical book characters are much more accessible to the wider casual audience of their fandom than the player character of a pair of console games. Just saying you could give them to us at any time and be taking even less of a risk than with Cal…

6 hours ago, Yaxley said:

76439 - Madame Malkin and Olivander shops ;(    ;) 

Do you have a source for that? Sounds realistic, but still :tongue:

It'd also be neat if Hogwarts Legacy designs were used as reference for a Peeves minifigure, and perhaps the interior of an Azkaban set.

It would make sense for Ollivanders to get a scaled down release, as similar to Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, I imagine there are plenty of people who would want a representation of it without having to buy a $400+ D2C.  76439 would be the same price as the recent Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, though with less pieces.  I assume that Ollivanders would be a smaller build than WWW, and maybe Madam Malkin's could end up getting a more substantial build than the Owl Post Office.  Something similar to Hogsmeade in terms of build sizes could work. In terms of potential minifigures, at minimum I'd imagine we'd get Ollivander, Madam Malkin (maybe using the Magic Awakened design?), and a reused Harry.  Hagrid also seems likely, and maybe Draco as a reference to his first appearance in the books? I imagine Madam Malkin's could also have a couple mannequins too.

5 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

It'd also be neat if Hogwarts Legacy designs were used as reference for a Peeves minifigure, and perhaps the interior of an Azkaban set.

Oh yes, I forgot Peeves. I’m pretty sure he’s made an appearance in most of the various video games over the years - the one sticking point is that his appearance tends to vary so wildly that there’d be a serious question of which should be used. Personally, I favor the Hogwarts Mystery design because it’s fairly similar to the old Pottermore artwork and thus feels like some sort of continuity. I particularly like the long belled hat, since Peeves having a hat is one of the few concrete things we know about his appearance. Wizards Unite Peeves pushed that hat a little farther and has a full on jester’s hat while keeping the same color scheme. I’ve definitely got mixed feelings about Hogwarts Legacy Peeves, he mixes things up with the color scheme and having a top hat, but part of that change is giving him a more human skin tone - which works alright in a game where he’s flying around and such, but might confuse kids in a minifig lineup. The bluish tint he has in previous incarnations makes it more obvious he’s a supernatural entity to the casual observer. At the moment, I think Wizards Unite Peeves is the closest to what you could do with current molds (since Legacy Peeves features fluffy blue hair under his top hat that the current molds couldn’t accommodate), but at the end of the day I suspect any poor lego designer trying to finalize their minifigure would be at the mercy of whatever WB decided they want to push.