Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Wizard World 2024 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego related Harry Potter and general Wizarding World discussion throughout 2024--sets, rumors, thoughts, and general Lego Harry Potter and Wizarding World discussion. 

Enjoy!

I think it’s worth it do a recap to start off the thread:

March 1st wave:

- 76424: $14.99 (165 pcs) Flying Ford Angela – Harry, Ron, Hedwig, Scabbers

-76425: $19.99 (337 pcs) 4 Privet Drive Sign with Hedwig 

-76426: $37.99 (350 pcs) Boathouse/Arrival at Hogwarts – McGonagall, Harry, Hermione, Dean, Neville, Hedwig, Trevor, fish, crab, spider (1x collectible portrait)

-76428: $74.99 (896 pcs) Hagrid’s Hut: An Unexpected Visit – Hagrid, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Malfoy, *new* Norbert, *new* Fang (2x collectible portraits)

-76429: 18+ $99.99 (561 pcs) Sorting Hat - comes with unique Harry minifig and a ‘sound brick’ featuring ‘31 different sound combinations’

-76430: $44.99 (364 pcs) Hogwarts Owlery – Harry, Cho, Filch, 5 printed owls (2 new) and 1 unprinted, rat, spider (1x collectible portrait)

-76432: $29.99 (172 pcs) Forbidden Forest: Magical Creatures – Ron, Hermione, Hippogriff (Buckbeak), baby Thestral, pixie (new print), bat, glow in the dark spider

(all but the Sorting Hat are already on shop@home)

Summer wave:

-76427: $59.99 (723 Pieces)

-76231: $39.99 (397 Pieces)

-76433: $69.99 (579 Pieces) [potentially a buildable mandrake]

-76434: $19.99 (195 Pieces)

-76435: $199.99 (1732 Pieces)

-76439: $89.99 (744 Pieces)

-76440: $139.99 (1229 Pieces) 

Miscellaneous:

-30677: polybag (Unknown piece count)

-40677: Brickheadz: $49.99 (Unknown piece count) [probably a set of 4] rumored March release 

-This year’s sets introduce ‘collectible portraits’: printed tiles that represent Wizarding portraits. There are reportedly 12 to collect and they will appear randomly in certain sets just like the chocolate frog cards did. So far, the three sets they’re confirmed to appear in all feature outbuildings on the Hogwarts grounds.

So far no concrete information on a gift with purchase or large D2C. (although we have seen a image of an incomplete prospective D2C Burrow in a survey leaked last year) 

None of the current summer sets seem to fit the format of this year’s advent calendar either. 

Think that’s everything so far. 

Third! I'm looking forward to the new sets.

3 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

So far no concrete information on a gift with purchase or large D2C. (although we have seen a image of an incomplete prospective D2C Burrow in a survey leaked last year) 

The leakers have confirmed it, but no set number, price, or piece count at the moment :shrug_oh_well:

2018-2024... this is the 7th year from the relaunch of the theme in Harry Potter...

... being a long time fan of both, LEGO and Harry Potter, I'm really satisfied and can't wait to see what LEGO prepared for these years: I'm very curious to see it :moar:

For two times, LEGO followed a 3 years planning, will it be the same again? In three years from now there could be also the HP TV series... and LEGO could begin producing sets taken from the series and not from the movie. Will this one be one of the last occasion to see LEGO sets based on movies?

Untill now LEGO covered a lot of Harry Potter locations, characters and scenes, but there something missing yet... but mainly from outside the castle, I think.

As for the "most detailed LEGO brick-built Hogwarts Castle scene ever" promised by LEGO, well it push expectations high :laugh: 

By the way @Accio Lego Lego suggestion of a Halloween Great Hall with Philosopher Stone challenges in the underground section wouldn't be bad. And I think that we will see some classroom (Lupin's) with some remakes (Snape's?). And for the collectables portraits, I'm tempted by the thought that we could have a Grand Staircase Tower section with enough space to put every portraits.

Well, we'll see.

1 hour ago, BrickMatit said:

For two times, LEGO followed a 3 years planning, will it be the same again? In three years from now there could be also the HP TV series... and LEGO could begin producing sets taken from the series and not from the movie. Will this one be one of the last occasion to see LEGO sets based on movies?

To be fair, I think it's not just LEGO HP that's on a three year loop. LEGO City for instance also seems to be on a 3 year loop.

As for making sets based on the series or the movies depends on the success of the series and if WB wants LEGO to make sets based on the series. Case and point: Fantastic Beasts. There were only 2 sets and some CMFs. LEGO seems to be cautious when it comes to new IPs (or in this case a reboot). So the amount of sets depends on the success of said IP/reboot.

If they switch over to the cashgrab reboot, I’ll stop collecting the theme, easy as that :laugh_hard: Since it’ll still be a while before that, I hope they can manage to “complete” the theme by releasing sets featuring the most important still missing locations and characters!

I’m just very curious on what the $200 set is. Feel like the $140 set would be the flagship Great Hall and since it’s not The Burrow, I have the slightest clue what it could be. Could this be the Knight Bus that was rumored for last year? Has a similar piece and price point to the London Bus. 

Talking about following sets, how many scenes/location do we miss?

Trying to put down a list, there's enough to fill more than 3 years of sets (of course, without remakes and I know it's not realistic).

Feel free to correct this missing scenes list, cause probably I miss something too :iamded_lol: 

Privet Drive: Dumbledore bringing baby Harry (PS), good for a polybag :laugh:; inflating Marge (PA); Dementor's Attack (OotP)

London: Boa escaping from Zoo (PS), even if not a major scene :snicker:; Christmas at Grimmauld Place (OotP); Ministry Battle (OotP); Seven Potter Battle (DH);

Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley: Leaky Cauldron (PS and PoA); Borgin and Burkes (CoS and HPB);

Hogwarts Castle: Troll on the Loose and part of Philosopher Stone challenges (PS); Freeing Dobby (CoS); Lupin classroom (PoA); Umbridge's Office (OotP); Fred & George escaping from Hogwarts (OotP); Battle of Hogwarts, wooden bridge (DH)

Hogwarts Grounds: Hagrid's Hut with Fudge (CoS) or Slughorn (HBP); Durmstrang Ship (GoF); Third Challenge (GoF);

Forbidden Forest: Detention (PS); Harry vs Voldemort (DH);

Hogmeade: Hog's Head (OotP and DH)

Others: Death Eaters attack at Quidditch World Cup camp (GoF); Cave with Inferi (HPB); Bill & Fleur Wedding (DH); Godric's Hollow cemetery and battle with Nagini (DH); Tent and doe patronus (DH); Lovegood House (DH);

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

I’m just very curious on what the $200 set is. Feel like the $140 set would be the flagship Great Hall and since it’s not The Burrow, I have the slightest clue what it could be. Could this be the Knight Bus that was rumored for last year? Has a similar piece and price point to the London Bus. 

Hmm, but a bus in that size and for that price tag would seem more like the yearly big Set to me - which I actually don´t think is in the list yet - and which we expect to be the burrows. If they are doing the bus I would expect it to be a bit smaller than that. So my best guess for the 200€ one would still be either the great hall + something or the underground/rock section of Hogwarts.

Aside from that it should be something that is not part of the castle itself, my best guess would be Nocturn Alley in that case.

I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by this first wave.

The Ford Anglia is a good offering for those who don't have one but at this point I have a small fleet. The Hedwig in the Privet Drive sign set just looks odd to me. The Sorting Hat is well done but I prefer playsets to sculptural pieces. The Forbidden Forest is a good creature pack but has nothing new in it if I'm not mistaken, and the colour scheme for the trees throws me off.

Even the Boathouse, Owlery and Hagrid's Hut have just enough in terms of useful pieces and nice minifigures to get me to pick them up, but they're not must-have day one buys. 

I think the summer wave is bound to be more interesting and exciting. 

1 hour ago, Alyverse said:

The Forbidden Forest is a good creature pack but has nothing new in it if I'm not mistaken,

Both Buckbeak and the pixie feature new prints (Buckbeak has significantly more feathers on his face and the pixie is winking).

And while the glow in the dark spider isn’t new, it is pretty rare - having only appeared in a handful of sets during one year a while ago. 

But yes, no new molds. 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

That's a good point, but yikes, really not looking forward to that show. Although it's a good opportunity to get book exclusive characters like Peeves I guess. Other than that, I think I will slowly stop buying the sets by then, unless they're really, really cool. I do wonder how that will work though, as they will have only 1 season to base their sets on. It would probably be far more similar to how they handled the theme in 2001, so basically like all movie tie-in sets, basing it more on concept art and preliminary images, aka less accurate, but that does allow for more creativity.

Either way, that would mean that the following 3 years will be our final chance of completing this theme. I hope they really knock it out of the park with the new Hogwarts system. Luckily, we've gotten almost everything we wanted, most major things missing are from GoF and DH, especially some of the homes for the latter, Lovegood House, Shell Cottage, Malfoy Manor. I think 3 years is plenty to get it all, but it also highly depends on the amount of remakes we'll get. Either way, no matter how things turn out, I think it's pretty save to say that Harry Potter is probably the most complete licensed theme yet.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I would like to see the Burrow themed to to Bill and Fleur's wedding or at least a wedding tent and a CMF series with the characters in their wedding attire.

6 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I would like to see the Burrow themed to to Bill and Fleur's wedding or at least a wedding tent and a CMF series with the characters in their wedding attire.

The figures in the survey leak were clearly just placeholders, but I would still expect only the Weasley family to be included in the final product (and maybe Harry & Hermione). Sure, wedding-themed minifigs would be a lot cooler, but it’s not all that likely given what we know :shrug_oh_well: At least we’re getting Bill out of it either way! The only new character this year so far :tongue:

And I want a third series less than ever before. With only one licensed CMF series this year, I‘m hoping for something a bit more special :laugh:

8 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

That's a good point, but yikes, really not looking forward to that show. Although it's a good opportunity to get book exclusive characters like Peeves I guess. Other than that, I think I will slowly stop buying the sets by then, unless they're really, really cool. I do wonder how that will work though, as they will have only 1 season to base their sets on. It would probably be far more similar to how they handled the theme in 2001, so basically like all movie tie-in sets, basing it more on concept art and preliminary images, aka less accurate, but that does allow for more creativity.

I was actually thinking we wouldn´t get a new wave this year and rather continue with the old one, so they can acompany the series next year then - so with us getting a new wave now, it doesn´t look like they are planning to make sets for the series right now. And starting 2027 with it would be rather late.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:27 AM, Accio Lego said:

Miscellaneous:

[...] -40677: Brickheadz: $49.99 (Unknown piece count) [probably a set of 4] rumored March release 

Iirc, @Brick Clicker had said the BrickHeadz set was going to be a set of five, which would fit better with the price as well.

19 hours ago, BrickMatit said:

Talking about following sets, how many scenes/location do we miss?

Trying to put down a list, there's enough to fill more than 3 years of sets (of course, without remakes and I know it's not realistic).

Feel free to correct this missing scenes list, cause probably I miss something too :iamded_lol: 

Privet Drive: Dumbledore bringing baby Harry (PS), good for a polybag :laugh:; inflating Marge (PA); Dementor's Attack (OotP)

London: Boa escaping from Zoo (PS), even if not a major scene :snicker:; Christmas at Grimmauld Place (OotP); Ministry Battle (OotP); Seven Potter Battle (DH);

Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley: Leaky Cauldron (PS and PoA); Borgin and Burkes (CoS and HPB);

Hogwarts Castle: Troll on the Loose and part of Philosopher Stone challenges (PS); Freeing Dobby (CoS); Lupin classroom (PoA); Umbridge's Office (OotP); Fred & George escaping from Hogwarts (OotP); Battle of Hogwarts, wooden bridge (DH)

Hogwarts Grounds: Hagrid's Hut with Fudge (CoS) or Slughorn (HBP); Durmstrang Ship (GoF); Third Challenge (GoF);

Forbidden Forest: Detention (PS); Harry vs Voldemort (DH);

Hogmeade: Hog's Head (OotP and DH)

Others: Death Eaters attack at Quidditch World Cup camp (GoF); Cave with Inferi (HPB); Bill & Fleur Wedding (DH); Godric's Hollow cemetery and battle with Nagini (DH); Tent and doe patronus (DH); Lovegood House (DH);

I wouldn´t expect many of them to be done.

Lupins Classroom is likely. Lego could make some fun builds like the spider with roller blades or the jack in the box. Would be a really neat set.

The troll in the toilet would work well, too. They could basically remake the old one.

With a third reboot wave, they will 100% give us a Hagrid´s hut again, too. That could be those versions, but I doubt it. Buckbeack/ Norbert and Fang are important selling points and those versions don´t have animals, do they?

Personally the one thing I´d wish to get before they retire the theme again would be the black robes for all houses with printed medium legs. At best in 3 different versions for Slytherin and 2 different versions for Ravenclaw (so Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle/ Cho and Luna don´t look to similar.)... But to be honest I lost hope on that pretty much by now :/

2 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

I wouldn´t expect many of them to be done.

Yes, I've tried to put down a complete list of missing scenes/locations from movie, but I know much of them probably won't be produced  :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Gorilla94 said:

those versions don´t have animals, do they?

Both (CoS and HPB) Hagrid's Hut have Fang and the secondo one has Aragog, but dead :snicker:.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gorilla94 said:

With a third reboot wave, they will 100% give us a Hagrid´s hut again, too. That could be those versions, but I doubt it. Buckbeack/ Norbert and Fang are important selling points and those versions don´t have animals, do they?

I mean, the upcoming Hagrid’s Hut technically is the one for the third wave. They skipped a hut remake for the second wave. It'll be a long time before we see the next version as this one will be on the shelves for quite some time, I mean it hasn't even released yet. And if they'll do sets on the show, by the time we'll get a new one it will probably be based on that. But if not, other than dead hbp Aragog, they could also easily put Aragog in the CoS version if they combine it with the forbidden forest. The follow the spiders scene started there after all.

4 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I was actually thinking we wouldn´t get a new wave this year and rather continue with the old one, so they can acompany the series next year then - so with us getting a new wave now, it doesn´t look like they are planning to make sets for the series right now. And starting 2027 with it would be rather late.

I'm sorry, I should've clarified, I expected the show to release around late 2026 (christmas) or 2027. No way they're gonna be able to pull of the 2025 date. Shows like this require a lot of planning as it involves children. They can't age too much between seasons, so if they'll want to do 7 seasons relatively back to back, there's a lot of pre-production that needs to be done. So that 2027 date would totally align with that.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I'm sorry, I should've clarified, I expected the show to release around late 2026 (christmas) or 2027. No way they're gonna be able to pull of the 2025 date. Shows like this require a lot of planning as it involves children. They can't age too much between seasons, so if they'll want to do 7 seasons relatively back to back, there's a lot of pre-production that needs to be done. So that 2027 date would totally align with that.

Hmm, wasn´t it mentioned somewhere that it was supposed to release next year? I mean, they have the benefit that they can reuse stuff from the Harry Potter and even from the Fantastic Beasts Films, so they don´t have to do everything from scratch. Plus I am not following that series closely, but weren´t they already in casting? So if they are casting actors they should already be far with the series since it won´t make sense to cast them way before filming begins - especially with the child actors.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

Hmm, wasn´t it mentioned somewhere that it was supposed to release next year? I mean, they have the benefit that they can reuse stuff from the Harry Potter and even from the Fantastic Beasts Films, so they don´t have to do everything from scratch. Plus I am not following that series closely, but weren´t they already in casting? So if they are casting actors they should already be far with the series since it won´t make sense to cast them way before filming begins - especially with the child actors.

Just rumours, nothing official as far as I'm aware. I don't take that stuff too seriously. Same thing happened for the last airbender show in like 2019, and that won't release for another month. I mean it's possible, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

On 1/5/2024 at 3:49 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

The leakers have confirmed it, but no set number, price, or piece count at the moment :shrug_oh_well:

Wait, as in they have confirmed its existence, or confirmed its release in 2024?

6 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Wait, as in they have confirmed its existence, or confirmed its release in 2024?

Confirmed its release this year :classic: I forgot which leaker it was, but it was included in their 2HY list, just without any other information :wink: