Sign in to follow this  
maydayartist

[MOC] german water castle Raesfeld - minifigscale 1:50

Posted (edited)

Hey there,

it´s a veery long time since my last visit here at EB. :pir-cry_sad:

The last 9 years (:pir-oh:) were full of children, construct a house and after all, design a new Lego room with shelfs wooden boxes and a long period of time to sort all my unsorted pieces a long time ago. And here we are! :pir-triumph:
I returned building in september 2022 and finished my newest build last week. Now I have done some pictures to show and compare it with the original located in my home village.

The start for this castle was in 2015 but only for few month. After this the tower including the first step of the roof was waiting seven years for continuing.

So overall the building time was 1,5 years.

The measurments are: LxBxH 1,6 x 1,4 x 1,25 m

and the amount of parts are round about 70.000

Like always (my old threads speak the same language :pir-sweet:) I have made a lot of pictures. Sorry for that, but there is a lot to show and discover.

01.jpg

02.jpg

02_5.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

The following pictures are good to compare

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

And here are some additional pictures for details and overwiew.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

This three pictures show how the roofs are made.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

The last two ones are made with a normal light chain inside.

25.jpg

26.jpg

thanks for viewing

Phil

Edited by maydayartist

I was in Raesfeld in 2021 and visited the castle, which is beautiful irl (the images you chose for the post show this very good).

And oh howdy, this Castle you created ist stunning, unbelievable! Great work!

Very nice. I used to do a lot of building with 1x2 plates instead of bricks but it gets very expensive very quickly.

Incredible recreation of the Schloss at minifig scale. Your attention to detail goes down to replicating the differences in the fading of the brickwork. Brick ON!

Wow, no words for this! It's mind-boggling! The recreation you've built is so meticulous, it's almost like an exact copy. The pictures (and obviously the build itself) are amazing!

How did you plan this build, or what was the process like? Did you find schematics or drawings online or did you just base yourself on pictures you've made (or found online)? Did you recreate in in Studio first, or did you immediately start building with real bricks?

This deserves a frontpage feature for sure!

On 1/6/2024 at 2:54 PM, Khorne said:

....How did you plan this build, or what was the process like? Did you find schematics or drawings online or did you just base yourself on pictures you've made (or found online)? Did you recreate in in Studio first, or did you immediately start building with real bricks?....

The first question is a really good one for this build. This castle is located in my home town and my sister works in there as a registrar. After I´ve finished my revenge shy ask me to moc the castle. It starts with a simple question: what is the most important part and is it possible to manage it within in minifig scale.

And guess it or not, this are the blinds with two different sizes. After I have found a solution I start planing and building the tower without any plans and only with a bunch of pictures.

The first building step ends 8 years ago after I finished the masonry and the first of three roof parts of the tall tower. I restart in 2022 and visit the castle to get all measurments I need to recreate the castle in an size down scale. After round about 2 of 3 from the whole build is done I get drawings from the mayor of the village. Theese where nice to have but not really necessary at this moment. Good to see was, that all work done so far fits the drawings.

I never use any digital program to create my mocs. All is done with bricks and I start with doing some essential tests and a complete layout to see that all scales will fit. With this large selection of parts and colours we have at this moment all requirements are possible but it has to be difficult to make it interesting for me.

wow, very impressive build. congratulations. Also amazing to see the like for like views you made. Amazing to see

Amazing work!
Incredible similarity with the reference! The textures of the building were well chosen and implemented!