Discovering the Battle of Hoth on screen is one of those childhood moments I'll always remember. So my first ever walker MOC had to be the AT-AT from Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. And for such an iconic scene, making a diorama-style build was mandatory.

At only 19cm (7,4") high, this Midi-Scale AT-AT consists of 924 pieces (1,317 in total with the diorama base & T-47), and is accurately Nanofig-scaled. It features a movable head and fully articulated legs, allowing many different poses.

Working at such a compact scale, capturing fine surface detail and smooth, gapless angles for the body required a great deal of unique techniques. My main goal was to make the model feel deceivingly heavy and massive despite its small size, and of course achieve that prop / toy vibe I'm so fond of.

The most challenging parts of the AT-AT were definitely the head and legs: the head for its subtle angles and challenging shape, and the legs for proportions, joints, feet, and very slight width differences as you go towards the bottom.

Nanofigs (or trophy figs) scale perfectly to both the AT-AT and T-47, which also scale accurately to each other.

The diorama base allows the AT-AT feet to be connected in various positions, and can accommodate two flying T-47s. This 358-piece base is optional and comes in a separate parts list, for builders who prefer displaying the model solely (picture 7 in the Flickr album).

Parts list also include a string piece that can be easily added to reproduce the harpoon scene (picture 5 in the Flickr album).

► Instructions for the AT-AT are available at BrickVault.

More pictures on my Flickr page.

53383898089_19fb7f8904_z.jpg

53383898134_072c756ffa_z.jpg

53382664442_f60e95fdfd_z.jpg

53383762223_9a245c71d9_z.jpg

53382664427_009fc068a3_z.jpg

53383898054_4468ee93fb_z.jpg

Oh nice, somebody posted another large scale AT-A.......wait a second. I still have to pick out individual pieces to remind me just how small this thing is! Amazing work!

10 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

Oh nice, somebody posted another large scale AT-A.......wait a second. I still have to pick out individual pieces to remind me just how small this thing is! Amazing work!

Thank you! Glad to see people appreciating the small size :)

The AT-AT is excellent and a great example of how to perfectly use parts, but what really gets me is the snowspeeder. Even smaller- only two orange parts!- and yet you've captured the shaping of the vehicle better than the majority of lego's own mainline sets of it!

Easily the best AT-AT model in this not-so-popular scale. The head is particularly impressive. Bravo!

On 12/8/2023 at 1:36 PM, Max_Lego said:

This is beautiful! I like it a lot 

20 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Gorgeous, man.

What a render. You achieved such clever details despite of an unusual size.

Hats off

19 hours ago, Shiva said:

I agree with all the above posters.

23 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

This is phenomenal! The scale is very deceptive. Great use of parts with small features to get that tiny greenling!

Thanks a lot guys!

On 12/9/2023 at 1:10 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

The AT-AT is excellent and a great example of how to perfectly use parts, but what really gets me is the snowspeeder. Even smaller- only two orange parts!- and yet you've captured the shaping of the vehicle better than the majority of lego's own mainline sets of it!

Thank you! The snowspeeder was a bit hard to get right at this scale, but I was really surprised to see how well it scaled to the AT-AT too! 

On 12/9/2023 at 11:55 AM, dmaclego said:

Easily the best AT-AT model in this not-so-popular scale. The head is particularly impressive. Bravo!

Appreciate it! The head was quite challenging. And I'm happy to say it's pretty darn sturdy and swooshable depsite the intricacy!