MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

25 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Man, I'm torn between getting the new R2 or the 2021 model. I feel like the bigger one would look better next to BD-1, but the new one is surprisingly well detailed for being so much cheaper.

The important thing with the new one is that it's very likely he'll be (roughly) to scale with the rumored Buildable C-3PO, which if that looks good would make for a lovely pair imo

41 minutes ago, Llewop said:

So the May 4th promos if you have to say spend 100 is it just normally on SW or on anything off Lego?

part of me wants to hold off on anything in March until May to see what the promo is. 

also was it always known what set Saw was going to be with? As the usual place there are posts saying he is in the Sith infiltrator set and there are only 4 figures? 

I don’t know why Lego didn’t just do the Naboo ship instead still have Maul, Qui gon and a padme figure as well. But swap ships give us something unique 

In the past May 4th promos have always been only for Star Wars purchases, other themes won't count.

As for the ship, while I agree that the Naboo Royal Starship would've been way cooler, I also think that would have been massively more disappointing to only get 3 TPM minifigures with compared to the Sith Infiltrator.

13 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

The important thing with the new one is that it's very likely he'll be (roughly) to scale with the rumored Buildable C-3PO, which if that looks good would make for a lovely pair imo

In the past May 4th promos have always been only for Star Wars purchases, other themes won't count.

As for the ship, while I agree that the Naboo Royal Starship would've been way cooler, I also think that would have been massively more disappointing to only get 3 TPM minifigures with compared to the Sith Infiltrator.

Ok cool, hopefully we can find out what the promo is soon before I make a decision, was hoping when the icons Medeval village comes out it could go towards it but just have to wait.

im kind of disappointed in the infiltrator only having 4 figures (and one being young Anakin while makes sense I don’t like it) 

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The minifig doesn’t hold any weapons/accessories, which indicates it‘s a placeholder :laugh: Also, the placeholders for the exclusive book minifigs usually have specific hairpieces as well

Well I was wrong about Saw but right about the hair not being a placeholder.

2 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Let’s call it… war. 

Me, punting a six-year-old out of the way to grab the last Sith Infiltrator (I have no interest in the set itself).

Saw is welcome news and a great choice for an anniversary fig.

Looking at photos of the tantive hallway, I can’t see where one could “break” the set to add to another one and extend the hallway. I thought the wall with the door would be separable from the hallway, but that doesn’t seem to be the case as pieces from behind the hallway link it to the doorframe. Perhaps separate instructions will be included. 

I'm terrified imagining what the buildable C3PO will look like.

39 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Looking at photos of the tantive hallway, I can’t see where one could “break” the set to add to another one and extend the hallway. I thought the wall with the door would be separable from the hallway, but that doesn’t seem to be the case as pieces from behind the hallway link it to the doorframe. Perhaps separate instructions will be included. 

I mean, there is an option to have the door closed or have it opened and if you got another set to connect to it you could pretend that they opened the other door of the 2nd set, anyway at least they include the door even though it's connected to the opened feature.

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

According to a digital speed build made using the official instructions (by elfimous on Instagram) it seems as though the door section IS separable, though I'm not sure how the door mechanism would work with that in mind.

Gah, I wasn't going to get the Sith Infiltrator (the 2007 version, which I was so excited to get back in the day and is still in my collection, still holds up, I will maintain), but Saw is very exciting (and also doesn't bode well for Rogue One sets in the next few years...). 

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Jedi Bob set, the Dark Falcon is intriguing (I don't have versions of the Falcon at all though, so I'm unsure if I want that to be the one that I own, since I think I'll be less likely to buy an ANH or ESB version when those inevitably come in the next couple of years, even though I sort of want one as well), and I like the Tantive hallway as well, but I simply don't have the room for all of this stuff.  Decisions, decisions...

41 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

According to a digital speed build made using the official instructions (by elfimous on Instagram) it seems as though the door section IS separable, though I'm not sure how the door mechanism would work with that in mind.

Good catch. I think the door mechanism is all controlled with a handle that runs down the hallway from the back. 

Based on where it connects, two hallways would mean that two identical pillars would be right next to each other. 

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm terrified imagining what the buildable C3PO will look like.

Gosh. I wonder if the Chewy is going to be in scale with them. The horrors...

3 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Good catch. I think the door mechanism is all controlled with a handle that runs down the hallway from the back. 

Based on where it connects, two hallways would mean that two identical pillars would be right next to each other. 

I think tiago caterino had a youtube video with the new sets in person and it showed the mechanisms of the Tantive set including the door mechanism

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

Gosh. I wonder if the Chewy is going to be in scale with them. The horrors...

Chewie is 33% more expensive than C-3PO, which I guess makes sense for a bulkier, shaggier, taller figure with a weapon. So fortunately or unfortunately, C-3PO is in scale with the walking carpet.

11 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well I was wrong about Saw but right about the hair not being a placeholder.

Didn’t the rumours say it’s TROS Finn’s/young Lando’s/Nakia’s hairpiece, rather than the one used for TFA Finn? :classic:

I’m still over the moon we finally get our Saw minifig!! :excited: He was topping my wishlist for anniversary figures, so to actually have him confirmed is surreal.

The only way to make this even better would be including TROS Palpy as the book-exclusive character :laugh: Long shot, I know

My excitement for these figures just increased dramatically. Don't really want to buy a new Sith Infiltrator just for the fig though. Hopefully the aftermarket prices aren't as horrible as they always are :cry_happy:

(not to wishlist but..) Fingers crossed for Nien Nunb as #6!

New sets are on the Australian Lego site and ... it's weird. The Tantive midi is actually cheaper than it's US equivalent. The boarding set is in the ballpark of a typical conversion plus a bit extra. The kicker though is R2... $200 aud compared to $100 usd. I was hoping $160 which I think is what BD-1 went for, say $170 on the new price schedule, but two hundred *huh*... credits are not doing fine.

NZ prices are similar. After counting our 15% GST, R2 is overpriced by about $40NZD and the Tantive is underpriced by about $40NZD compared to their US prices.

44 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

After counting our 15% GST

And I thought the near 10% in my town was bad

45 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

NZ prices are similar. After counting our 15% GST, R2 is overpriced by about $40NZD and the Tantive is underpriced by about $40NZD compared to their US prices.

That's interesting to me. I certainly wouldn't be further increasing R2's price towards that of the current UCS set if I were lego- it seems fine for $100 over here in the states, but if it's 40NZD above the conversion rate, that's rough. The tantive is a lot more interesting though- it's got a significantly cheaper base price, so the altered price is of a lot more significance- you guys are getting a pretty good deal on that. 

Do you guys normally get pricing differences that big? I know I've heard people mention before that AUS will oftentimes increase the AUD price past the conversion rate of the US one, but I don't think I've heard of as large a percentage as R2's been marked up by, or ANYTHING being marked down nearly as much as the Tantive.

6 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

New sets are on the Australian Lego site and ... it's weird. The Tantive midi is actually cheaper than it's US equivalent. The boarding set is in the ballpark of a typical conversion plus a bit extra. The kicker though is R2... $200 aud compared to $100 usd. I was hoping $160 which I think is what BD-1 went for, say $170 on the new price schedule, but two hundred *huh*... credits are not doing fine.

Exactly! How did USD $50, $80, and $85 end up at AUD $80, $100, and $150 respectively??

On 1/31/2024 at 9:46 AM, Renown said:

Bor Gullet. 

YES!!! 

12 hours ago, SEmrys said:

(not to wishlist but..) Fingers crossed for Nien Nunb as #6!

Which set will Minifig #6 be in; Creature - Young Leia, Death Star - Cal, Scimitar - Saw, so the sixth would be in the Dark Falcon? In that case, I feel like Nien Nunb is unlikely, since most of the anniversary ‘figs (Cal notwithstanding) are completely unrelated to the sets in which they appear. 🫤

33 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

YES!!! 

Which set will Minifig #6 be in; Creature - Young Leia, Death Star - Cal, Scimitar - Saw, so the sixth would be in the Dark Falcon? In that case, I feel like Nien Nunb is unlikely, since most of the anniversary ‘figs (Cal notwithstanding) are completely unrelated to the sets in which they appear. 🫤

I feel like it's way more likely for the last Anniversary figure to come with either the X-Wing & TIE Fighter 2-pack or the Escape from the Sarlacc Pit. Not only because so far all four Anniversary figures with assigned sets are from sets based on the Saga films, but also because with how the Anniversary figures clearly have an impact on the minifigure budget for their sets (only two other new prints in Tantive, only three standard minifigs in Sith Infiltrator) I feel like the Dark Falcon's selection is already very ambitious and there being another high-quality figure on top of that seems unlikely to me.

I feel like the X-Wing & TIE Fighter said is the most likely place we'll see the last Anniversary figure, just because that would draw people in who otherwise would have no interest in yet another pairing of those two ships.

4 hours ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

I feel like the X-Wing & TIE Fighter said is the most likely place we'll see the last Anniversary figure, just because that would draw people in who otherwise would have no interest in yet another pairing of those two ships.

Good point about the Minifig budget, though are we sure that we are getting an X-wing vs. TIE set? I thought that was one of the fake leaks. 🫤
Regardless, I doubt that we would get Nien Nunb in an OT set, given the anniversary Minifig distribution. 

£50 for the Tantive set seems steep. I want to army build it at some point but, I'll have to wait for it to be discounted.

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Good point about the Minifig budget, though are we sure that we are getting an X-wing vs. TIE set? I thought that was one of the fake leaks. 🫤

There was indeed a fake leak, but the fraudster accidentally got that one right because the set actually exists :laugh:

Unlike the fake leak it‘s not just a repackaging of the two 2021 models, but rather two new versions with swappable wings to create your own uglies :laugh_hard:

Quick question while we wait for more news, what happened to promobricks with their leak coverage? They used to have really good articles and frequent updates to their upcoming yearly lists but they've been very quiet with their list not being updated often enough. It's more blog and nikki content related now, did they lose their sources or get hit with a warning from LEGO?

On topic, I feel like the last anniversay minifigure could potentially be a villian, we have 3 heroes (5s, baby leia and cal), an antihero(saw) and a villian (malak) so far so having something like a ventress variant or a character of a similar character arc as a potential figure lineup (though I would love something like an OG crosshair if lego wont make bad batch battlepacks and sets with desirable figures)

Also excited to see the droideka and remaining sets post summer. The wallet feels great pains with such an exciting year, especially considering the UCS ATAT + Razorcrest are retiring later this year :/

Edited by Nootella

8 hours ago, Nootella said:

On topic, I feel like the last anniversay minifigure could potentially be a villian, we have 3 heroes 

Agreed. That’s what makes me think that dark side Rey is the falcon’s anniversary figure as there is A) a lack of villains and B) a lack of female characters. However there are some characters I would prefer: Republic Crosshair, Mara Jade, Mon Mothma, Klaud, Dedra Meero, Rebels Hondo and Commander Pyre from Resistance.