MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

Only issue with that thinking is that @Falconfan1414and Max Bautde aren’t fake grifters and both have said the figure is real although it’s odd that Falconfan has refused to confirm or deny the guesses made when on streamed he said he would confirm it if someone guessed it right.

I want to be careful here because I know falconfan's a forum member and I don't want to be badmouthing or accusatory, but this is what I believe happened and is relevant to the discussion.

There's a scenario here that makes a lot more sense to me than "Falconfan knows the figure and is refusing to confirm it for no reason, despite being the one to hint in the first place"

I think what happened is falconfan gave deliberately vague hints on the stream without intending to actually reveal who it was, either because he can't reveal the figure without exposing himself to lego, or because he doesn't actually know the fig in the first place. Now I don't think he was intentionally grifting, given he's generally pretty reliable- maybe he felt pressure from the streamers to give some info and didn't have anything on-hand, maybe he just got swept up in the moment-  but the fact that he's doubled down on this and given the reason he's not revealing the figure as he "didn't want it to become a game on eurobricks" or whatever does annoy me a fair bit, especially given how much this has dominated the discussion over the past few days.

Regardless, I think the best move is to just stop speculating and wait until we get some more concrete leaks about the next wave, and just see if the anniversary figs- if there are any- have one that lines up with falconfan's hints.

I would also say I believe that this is a good lesson in not giving attention to livestreams making a big drawn out event out of a leak. 99% of leakers do so through websites or just posting on an account. If someone makes a big event and stretches a single minfig's worth of info into a significant chunk of time, without even revealing anything at the end, I personally at least gain a much lower opinion of the account whether or not the leak turns out to be real.

2 hours ago, Gavino said:

Overall this has been pretty confusing. Hopefully the figure gets leaked today

Unfortunately, it pretty much won't be no matter what. If falconfan knows, he's already said he doesn't feel inclined to reveal it, and if he doesn't, he literally can't tell us.

47 minutes ago, Renown said:

There is something to be said for this. 

I think you're right on the money here. A lot being said without anything being said. And like I mentioned earlier, I don't think we've had anyone even confirm there ARE august anniversary figs.

Again it wasn’t meant to turn into a guessing game here on eurobricks with pages and pages of stuff. If you had watched a few episodes of a couple of brickheadz in the past, the hosts love to ask me for random little pieces info often and we often love to joke with each other. It wasn’t meant to turn into a whole big thing just a little fun thing on a podcast 

1 hour ago, Renown said:

There is something to be said for this. 

To be fair to Falcon he probably meant if someone guessed during the stream in the chat he would confirm but none did correctly during the stream. Then the guessing game moved here, even though he's a member here going through every guess just cause he said he'd confirm during a stream is a bit of an ask. Plus confirming on here wouldn't make sense for him since he would probably post on his Instagram if he was going to release info. 

Edited by kidtheboss611

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Again it wasn’t meant to turn into a guessing game here on eurobricks with pages and pages of stuff. If you had watched a few episodes of a couple of brickheadz in the past, the hosts love to ask me for random little pieces info often and we often love to joke with each other. It wasn’t meant to turn into a whole big thing just a little fun thing on a podcast 

Okay but what’s the figure? You said you’d confirm it once someone got it right and well literally every character with an “O and white on outfit” has been guessed. 

Reminder not to turn ugly against a good natured and genuine person here.

If Falcon had wanted to reveal the figure he would. Stop needling him now.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think what happened is falconfan gave deliberately vague hints on the stream without intending to actually reveal who it was, either because he can't reveal the figure without exposing himself to lego, or because he doesn't actually know the fig in the first place. Now I don't think he was intentionally grifting, given he's generally pretty reliable- maybe he felt pressure from the streamers to give some info and didn't have anything on-hand, maybe he just got swept up in the moment-  but the fact that he's doubled down on this and given the reason he's not revealing the figure as he "didn't want it to become a game on eurobricks" or whatever does annoy me a fair bit, especially given how much this has dominated the discussion over the past few days.

The reason the single figure guessing game dominated the discussion is simple. It was the choice of every member who threw out a guess and then debated said guesses.

3 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Can we move on from talking about a singular damn minifigure, as if the whole Lego brand hinges on it? How boring a topic this is 

As the Star Wars Moderator I allowed the guessing to continue since we didn't have a lot of news. It's a forum, so even though I've been applying the brakes on the discussion it takes a few pages for it to officially die down. The alternative is to lock the thread and force the discussion to stop but nobody wants that, myself included. Be patient with each other. Be patient with Falconfan. Show some grace and go open a Lego set you've been saving for your kids but actually want for yourself.

The topic of the mystery figure is closed. We'll see it when we see it.

Back on topic, my kids are so excited for a Nubbs figure. And I love the printed parts on the Crimson Firehawk. But I know if I get them the set they'll want the ship. And I don't want to buy two of that expensive parts pack! What to do, what to do...

Am I the only one who isn‘t really vibing with the battlepack? It‘s nice to have some new P2 shinies after so many years, but they‘re hardly exciting, the new Super BDs are so similar to the old ones I didn‘t even notice any differences at first, and the builds are whatever :tongue: It‘s not a bad set at all, but I‘ve kinda had it with Clone BPs.

The Crimson Firehawk on the other hand is surprisingly good for a 4+ set! Cool new minifigs and even the ship looks pretty decent. I think this might be my favourite 4+ set thus far! Then again, it hardly has any competition :snicker:

If the best set of the wave is a 4+ one, you know you‘re in trouble :laugh_hard:

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Crimson Firehawk on the other hand is surprisingly good for a 4+ set! Cool new minifigs and even the ship looks pretty decent. I think this might be my favourite 4+ set thus far! Then again, it hardly has any competition :snicker:

That's what i am thinking too! The Crimson Firehawk looks great for a 4+ set. The market stall is a nice sidebuild. The minifigs are good. The price of the set though.... should be 20€ :laugh:

29 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Am I the only one who isn‘t really vibing with the battlepack? It‘s nice to have some new P2 shinies after so many years, but they‘re hardly exciting, the new Super BDs are so similar to the old ones I didn‘t even notice any differences at first, and the builds are whatever :tongue: It‘s not a bad set at all, but I‘ve kinda had it with Clone BPs

Fair criticism, but its a battle pack. If the figs don't get you excited, the builds definitely won't. The mold of the B2 doesn't look much different, but the plastic formulation does. Looking at side by side comparisons, they have a different sheen to them, hoping this is the same sort of pearl dark grey that the new stud shooters are made of. The stud shooters are designed to have extended fatigue lives which bodes well for B2 durability, even with repeated clipping and unclipping. 

The Mexico factory is gonna dedicate half its production capacity to this battle pack, and still grey baseplate youtubers will be struggling to get more :tongue:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Am I the only one who isn‘t really vibing with the battlepack? It‘s nice to have some new P2 shinies after so many years, but they‘re hardly exciting, the new Super BDs are so similar to the old ones I didn‘t even notice any differences at first, and the builds are whatever :tongue: It‘s not a bad set at all, but I‘ve kinda had it with Clone BPs.

If the best set of the wave is a 4+ one, you know you‘re in trouble :laugh_hard:

Upon close inspection, the supers are significantly sharper than their older counterparts, and also have the chest dimple. I’d say the upgrade is well worth it if indeed they crack less.

As for the builds, really? These are imo the best looking side builds we’ve ever seen in a battlepack. The octa droid is well detailed and scaled correctly to the smaller in-universe variant, and the STAP is the best we’ve ever gotten as well. The clone side builds are very poor, but I can’t remember the last time we got two high-quality side builds that weren’t destined for the parts bin

17 minutes ago, ninjagofan28 said:

Since Falcon and renown won’t tell you.. it’s just young leia (from the obi wan show)

Man I really sincerely hope not. Would definitely fit a number of the criteria (though it is a "main character" no matter how you look at it, and you have to stretch a bit for some of the others, not to mention the fact that this was like a page one guess), but such a waste of a slot.

9 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Upon close inspection, the supers are significantly sharper than their older counterparts, and also have the chest dimple. I’d say the upgrade is well worth it if indeed they crack less.

As for the builds, really? These are imo the best looking side builds we’ve ever seen in a battlepack. The octa droid is well detailed and scaled correctly to the smaller in-universe variant, and the STAP is the best we’ve ever gotten as well. The clone side builds are very poor, but I can’t remember the last time we got two high-quality side builds that weren’t destined for the parts bin

Totally agree. The main thing with the supers is if they're still made of glass. If they aren't, it's an upgrade, even if the mold was 100% visually identical to the 2015 one.

Generally agree. I'm sure there are SOME better ones, though not many that spring to mind immediately- but 3 of the 4 builds are incredibly solid, and while the speeder isn't exactly design genius, it's a fun reference to the 2007 battle pack and the clones have pretty much nothing else they could have made with that few parts. I'll probably use the speeder parts to up the bunker's size, but like you say, the seppie side builds gain the rare battle pack ability to be spared the parts bin.

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While I agree this should be the last clone battlepack we have for a bit (If we're determined to do yearly clone packs, can we at least increase the number of packs/year in general, so we still get SOME other factions?), I think it was a near-perfect way to finish it off.

As for the shinies not being exciting- that's kind of the point. They're the most generic clones, and as such literally the ideal republic figure for a battle pack. Plus, with it being a decade since we last got them, I'd say it's VERY exciting. 

As for the B2s, there are differences, but yeah, at a glance they look the same. That was never the reason we needed new ones, though- it's the brittleness of the old ones. I assume their return is due to lego fixing that issue, but I'll turn right back around and side with you if they're still the equivalent of lime green bionicle joints.

I really don't agree with the notion that the 4+ set is the best of the wave. Aside from the price, it's a perfectly servicable 4+ set, but that ship looks terrible to me if you're not viewing it from the lens of "this is for 4 year olds". And the extremely inflated price of it contrasts pretty heavily with the suspiciously good value of the clone set. (Also- and this is a complete side note- cool minifigs, pluarl? Nubs is unique at least, but the other one is just a human kid.)

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hear hear. It’s nice to get some shinies and the set is a great massable troop builder, but I really do hope this is it. It’s a high note to end on for clone-centric sets. I do think it’s rather crappy not to include an accessory pack for the helmets though.

My only contention is that the clone builds objectively should’ve been better, the figures are obviously the selling point but throwing in a few more pieces to make a downscaled BARC speeder or something surely wouldn’t have Death Star’d the set’s assigned budget.

Also, I’m quite surprised at how different the B2 mould actually is compared to the old version after watching the set reviews on YouTube! Neat.

If that Young Leia rumour is true…eh. I really loved her in the Kenobi show but if these anniversary figures are utilising new moulds like Malak is, I’m surprised we aren’t getting a battle damaged Vader with a cracked helmet. That would make for such a cool minifigure, although a small duel set with him and a Jabiim Kenobi variant would also be welcome.

Edited by Kaijumeister

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Plus, with it being a decade since we last got them, I'd say it's VERY exciting. 

I’m not excited by something I already have in my collection :tongue:

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

(Also- and this is a complete side note- cool minifigs, pluarl? Nubs is unique at least, but the other one is just a human kid.)

She is, but it’s a new character with unique face and torso prints plus a brand new hairpiece. Always a good thing in my book! :laugh:

6 hours ago, ninjagofan28 said:

Since Falcon and renown won’t tell you.. it’s just young leia (from the obi wan show)

Seriously? I mean she fits a lot of the criteria, but not all of them, as has been pointed out. I do like her inclusion since we likely aren’t ever getting more Obi-Wan sets, but still not the most exciting option. Definitely would’ve preferred a Purgetrooper to represent the show tho, or the Fourth Sister. The object she’s connected to must be Lola then? :shrug_oh_well:

17 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Am I the only one who isn‘t really vibing with the battlepack? It‘s nice to have some new P2 shinies after so many years, but they‘re hardly exciting, the new Super BDs are so similar to the old ones I didn‘t even notice any differences at first, and the builds are whatever :tongue:

I'm not too thrilled with it, either :innocent2: 
It's a great pack indeed, but minifigure-wise I'm only interested in the Shock Troopers, since I already own about 8 plain P2 clones, which is plenty for me.

So this set is an easy skip :classic: 

Regards,
Mitch

The figure selection is objectively great in the BP for consumers now. Not only has the P2 shiny not appeared for ten years, but it also only ever came in two sets, and the turbo tank set was a bad deal for the figure when battle packs at the time gave you four figures for around the same price.

Now we get three, plus the new version of the shock, plus five droid figures - very good by today's standards!

I'll submit that the speeder is pretty bad and the set should have had an accessory pack thrown in (and I'd like to have seen a complete overhaul of the B2), but still on face value it's fantastic to get the figures in a very massable set that exists to give people what they want.

23 hours ago, ForgedInLego said:

The mold of the B2 doesn't look much different, but the plastic formulation does. Looking at side by side comparisons, they have a different sheen to them, hoping this is the same sort of pearl dark grey that the new stud shooters are made of. 

As far as I'm aware the plastic colour was never the issue with the old B2s- it was the mould itself. 

Other droids with the same legs in different colours (e.g. Magnaguards and the Tactical Droid) are known for having exactly the same durability problems, as did the 3 different colours of B2s (blue, 2007-2010 gunmetal and 2011-2015 gunmetal). Pretty sure the new ones are actually in the same gunmetal plastic as the 2011-2015 ones. 

The issue was in the thickness of the clips which meant they were not very flexible, like how part 2555 would almost always break until they changed to part 15712 with a thinner, more flexible clip. 

Edited by CallumPears

I just hid a dozen posts about the rumored mystery figure. We don't know who it is. Guessing is no longer allowed in this topic. If you'd like to create a new topic to continuing guessing that's fine. But until we have something more concrete do not post any more guesses or posts about guesses.

I can't say I'm too impressed by that speeder bike in the super battle pack, should have been bigger to hit that nostalgia factor for the very first battle packs. Still as others have said, the set as a whole represents some great value for that price.

As for the SBDs, ever since mine from an advent calendar broke and I learned about the general issues with them, I haven't been able to muster the courage to touch the others I have. So if these are more durable I'm more than happy.

I gotta say the new BP is looking pretty good, nice figures and the Tri-droid isn't looking too shabby either. The Firehawk however, that price mark-up is mindblowing even with the somewhat chunky pieces, £46 for a ~130 pieces *huh*

Edited by Ringwraith

8 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

about 8 plain P2 clones, which is plenty for me.

HOW? The helmet alone is $10 in the US right now, and even at the time (A decade ago, mind you)  the best ratio you could get was 1 p2 clone for every $10 microfighter. 

8 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I’m not excited by something I already have in my collection :tongue:

Sure, that's fair, but recognize that a figure in 1.5 sets in 2014 isn't something most people have in their collection, especially not in the numbers they'd want for a generic troop.

7 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

The figure selection is objectively great in the BP for consumers now. Not only has the P2 shiny not appeared for ten years, but it also only ever came in two sets, and the turbo tank set was a bad deal for the figure when battle packs at the time gave you four figures for around the same price.

Now we get three, plus the new version of the shock, plus five droid figures - very good by today's standards!

I'll submit that the speeder is pretty bad and the set should have had an accessory pack thrown in (and I'd like to have seen a complete overhaul of the B2), but still on face value it's fantastic to get the figures in a very massable set that exists to give people what they want.

Exactly! 4 figs and 5 droids for $30 is NUTS for modern lego, and that's without even taking into account who those figs/droids are (with the b1s being the only figs recently available in cheap to mid-range sets)

I do think the speeder could have been designed better as a smaller BARC, but given that this is one of the few recent star wars sets that actually feels like good value, I'm not really complaining much about this or the accessory pack.

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

I gotta say the new BP is looking pretty good, nice figures and the Tri-droid isn't looking too shabby either. The Firehawk however, that price mark-up is mindblowing even with the somewhat chunky pieces, £46 for a ~130 pieces *huh*

Finally someone else mentions the firehawk's price! It feels like everyone's complaining about one of the few recent SW sets that's actually good value, and many of the same people are praising the firehawk, which is near Hoopty levels of overpriced.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

HOW? The helmet alone is $10 in the US right now, and even at the time (A decade ago, mind you)  the best ratio you could get was 1 p2 clone for every $10 microfighter. 

To be honest, I can't remember exactly, aside from ordering them on BL. 
I guess they just weren't that expensive at the time (probably around or not long after the turbotank micro was available), as I always set a limit for myself of how much I want to spend on a minifigure.

Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Finally someone else mentions the firehawk's price! It feels like everyone's complaining about one of the few recent SW sets that's actually good value, and many of the same people are praising the firehawk, which is near Hoopty levels of overpriced.

I definitely feel that Lego gets away with it as prequel fans are too busy shredding helmet holes and a lack of accessories (a valid moan in fairness) while the firehawk is just gonna be bought for kids  and not diehard lego fans who analyse price/part ratios and who harken back to something a decade and a half ago lol