MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Watched Jangs reviews of the midi scale ships; originally I was planning on just getting the Tantive but after seeing the Falcon from various angles it's really grabbed me. It looks great with excellent detailing and greebling, especially at that scale. The Tantive is fine and I don't mind the front cone size - seeing the midi build next to the UCS style one from several years ago makes the cones on the larger ship look enormous - but the Falcon is on another level and I'll probably end up getting that set instead of the Tantive.

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Watched Jangs reviews of the midi scale ships; originally I was planning on just getting the Tantive but after seeing the Falcon from various angles it's really grabbed me. It looks great with excellent detailing and greebling, especially at that scale. The Tantive is fine and I don't mind the front cone size - seeing the midi build next to the UCS style one from several years ago makes the cones on the larger ship look enormous - but the Falcon is on another level and I'll probably end up getting that set instead of the Tantive.

I agree the Falcon is probably the best designed one in addition to having the least stickers/new printed elements. It's a shame the quality falls off for the Tantive and even more so for the Invisible Hand as the price lowers.

Also just saw there is set number 30685 poised for May 1. Seems as if it's a polybag, do we know what of?

On 3/12/2024 at 6:14 PM, joebiwankenobi said:

I've also noticed the injection molding problem with parts although I would argue that it's been since around 2017 was when I first noticed. Ever since I've been bringing it up and most people have dismissed it completely so I'm glad to notice that there's someone else who's been in LEGO for longer than 20 years that has confirmed I'm not off my rocker on seeing it. It's not like it's just a few parts out of each newly manufactured set either. Literally every part has marks that remind me of sprue marks from low grade model kits and it's incredibly disappointing IMO. I also have compared new parts to new old stock parts from MISB sets prior to 2010 and I've noticed that the older parts have a more satisfying connection and click than their newer made counterparts. 

Yeah, once you see the bad sprue marks you can't un-see them!

Man 60 day backorder for the Boarding on Tantive IV, so by the time May the 4th events happen will it be 100?

1 hour ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

Man 60 day backorder for the Boarding on Tantive IV, so by the time May the 4th events happen will it be 100?

Dagnabbit, I've been waiting 'til May 1st to buy it along with the May sets to make sure I hit the threshold! Hopefully they account for people wanting to do this and get some stock ready.

Allegedly, the podracing diorama and droideka figure will soon be revealed at a Walmart collector event! :thumbup:

While this is much appreciated, I kinda hoped they’d reveal the Grogu set and especially the Sith Infiltrator as well while they’re at it, but alas…

15 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

FalconFan is still MIA. Should we be concerned? Do we need to build the search and rescue helicopter?

No.

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 3:56 PM, MKJoshA said:

Yeah, once you see the bad sprue marks you can't un-see them!

It’s gotten to the point where during builds I am consciously rotating pieces to try to hide the marks. I look back at my early sets and they don’t exist like that. It’s especially noticeable on smooth tiles because they are usually finishing parts on top but the marks tend to be on the sides and very noticeable. (Except I noticed in tiling the Rivendell roof that all those little 1x1s some have it on the side and some have it underneath, which makes me think they’re in the process of changing the process?) 

in any case, I’ve been building Lego since the mid 90s, SW since the beginning, and 2024 is the first year I’ve ever had to order a new part because one that came in my set was so out of tolerance that it wouldn’t fit flush together as it should. Quality is definitely not as good as it once was. 

Edited by OOM-9

5 hours ago, OOM-9 said:

t’s gotten to the point where during builds I am consciously rotating pieces to try to hide the marks. I look back at my early sets and they don’t exist like that. It’s especially noticeable on smooth tiles because they are usually finishing parts on top but the marks tend to be on the sides and very noticeable.

Yes, same here. Looking at my older sets, the marks were always on the underside rather than on one of the shorter ends of the 1xsomething tiles like every one of them are now. Why on earth would they change that?

On 3/15/2024 at 5:37 PM, CloneCommando99 said:

FalconFan is still MIA. Should we be concerned? Do we need to build the search and rescue helicopter?

People are allowed to bask in their own obsolescence. 

I’m quite impressed that the May wave hasn’t leaked yet apart from the Maul and Kelleren figs. Was hoping to see some pics and hear some more about the May promos 

9 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I’m quite impressed that the May wave hasn’t leaked yet apart from the Maul and Kelleren figs. Was hoping to see some pics and hear some more about the May promos 

It doesn’t leak until just before April usually. And I’m pretty sure we know all the promos.

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

It doesn’t leak until just before April usually. And I’m pretty sure we know all the promos.

We only know it could be a droid carrier. Don’t know what figures, how much the threshold is to get one if there are any other promos with it. 

It’s the only reason I haven’t bought any of the March sets yet as it want to see if it’s worth saving up for May the forth of just get the sets now

Has anyone seen a copy of the instructions for the C-3PO/Oscar statue that is free with the LSW 25 fan film submission?

(I'd post a pic for attention but I'm only allowed to attach 20 kB... it's 2024...)

Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts. 

2 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

Qui Gon? 

Yeah does any other character say it? Because we know Qui-gon is coming in a sith infiltrator. Perhaps the quote is alluding to the reveal for the Podrace diorama, the scene in which Qui Gon said it and/ or the sith infiltrator being very soon.

On 1/29/2024 at 10:37 PM, Graupensuppe said:

IMO the Invisible Hand seems rather short, which gives it a bit of a chibi look.

...and to prove it, here's a comparison with the CG model:

0ZruIGa.png

1 hour ago, ginja said:

Maybe the podrace diorama quote?

Seems rather long though… Maybe just the „feel, don‘t think“ part? :shrug_oh_well:

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Renown said:

Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts. 

*proceeds to gamble a child's freedom on space nascar*

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Seems rather long though… Maybe just the „feel, don‘t think“ part? :shrug_oh_well:

I feel like the podracer qoute HAS to be "Now, THIS is podracing!", right?

Renown normally communicates hints via qoutes (which is why I'm not sure he's talking about the TPM diorama qoute), and his information is normally stuff that hasn't been leaked by others yet. Given how slow it's been recently, it's possible he's just hinting at upcoming dates or the qoute, but I also think it's possible there's another TPM set coming.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

20 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like the podracer qoute HAS to be "Now, THIS is podracing!", right?

Personally I'd go for "I don't care which planet you're from. THAT's gotta hurt!" :innocent:

Concering the mentioned quote, I believe it's Qui-Gon as well. If I recall correctly, in one of the first scenes aboard the Lucrehulk.

Regards,
Mitch

The Acolyte trailer tomorrow. 

Really curious to see if we get sets for this series, as we haven't heard anything yet.

55 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

Personally I'd go for "I don't care which planet you're from. THAT's gotta hurt!" :innocent:

Concering the mentioned quote, I believe it's Qui-Gon as well. If I recall correctly, in one of the first scenes aboard the Lucrehulk.

Regards,
Mitch

I’d love if they did a corridor scene from the Lucrehulk. Good chance for some droidekas