MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This was mentioned in the PAB thread the other day, but I just saw it now and thought this thread would also probably want to know-

REX'S PAULDRON is supposedly coming to lego's online bricks and pieces service. That's incredible news in my opinion, as pauldrons are usually fairly rare and expensive secondhand for a single piece. I'll definitely be getting some- aside from my current Rex not having a pauldron, it'll be a cool thing to equip to the 501st officer figure, and can also help rank some stormtrooper lieutenants.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This was mentioned in the PAB thread the other day, but I just saw it now and thought this thread would also probably want to know-

REX'S PAULDRON is supposedly coming to lego's online bricks and pieces service. That's incredible news in my opinion, as pauldrons are usually fairly rare and expensive secondhand for a single piece. I'll definitely be getting some- aside from my current Rex not having a pauldron, it'll be a cool thing to equip to the 501st officer figure, and can also help rank some stormtrooper lieutenants.

I saw this I thought it was supposed to be out already but couldn’t see anything on PAB. Probably unrelated but I don’t get why they don’t put more SW figures on PAB they’d probably make more money for guys who want to do MOCs but I gets it probably a license thing but still it’s a shame 

14 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I saw this I thought it was supposed to be out already but couldn’t see anything on PAB. Probably unrelated but I don’t get why they don’t put more SW figures on PAB they’d probably make more money for guys who want to do MOCs but I gets it probably a license thing but still it’s a shame 

I think the general rule is that you can't get licensed prints or moulds from their PAB service. Tbh, I'm not sure why Rex's pauldron is an exception.

We've gotten random licensed parts from Star Wars, LOTR, and other lines on PAB before. But it's pretty random and never complete figures. The pauldron is 7.03 Euros on PAB. So you'd be better off just buying a 2nd microfighter and parting out the set.

9 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

YouTube video from Max Baut on the May / June Star Wars sets. If any German speakers here have the time, could anyone translate?

Do not link to photos or videos of leaks. You can tell people what to search for, but you can't use direct links. Traffic from EB to leaks risks our partnership with Lego.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

We've gotten random licensed parts from Star Wars, LOTR, and other lines on PAB before. But it's pretty random and never complete figures.

Hm. I wonder how they decide what's fine and what isn't. Maybe it's to do with which pieces are exclusive to one set? (Note that I haven't actually checked which pieces are available so I'm not sure).

46 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Do not link to photos or videos of leaks. You can tell people what to search for, but you can't use direct links. Traffic from EB to leaks risks our partnership with Lego.

Understood, apologies!

Is the micro fighter Rex said to come with the pauldron? Seeing how they did Boba Fett, granted for a mech, seems unlikely to me

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

Is the micro fighter Rex said to come with the pauldron? Seeing how they did Boba Fett, granted for a mech, seems unlikely to me

If they don't include it, there will outrage which is 100% justified.

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

I think for Boba Fett, it was the same excuse as the kama, the cloth piece got in the way of the mech chest piece closing. Vader has a more flexible cloth cape, so I guess that type is ok. The microfighter should have a plenty of room for it though, and there is precedent with the sandtrooper dewback microfighter (admittedly from 2019)

33 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Outrage over a cloth piece? Bit of an overdramatic reaction, no? Well, it’s the same group throwing hissy fits over helmet holes, so that tracks :tongue: 

Granted, I’d also prefer it to be included, but it’s hardly the end of the world if it isn’t. At least the figure is no longer exclusive to the Venator, which is great!

8 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

We've gotten random licensed parts from Star Wars, LOTR, and other lines on PAB before. But it's pretty random and never complete figures. The pauldron is 7.03 Euros on PAB. So you'd be better off just buying a 2nd microfighter and parting out the set.

I would guess Lego sees this as either a counter to or an opportunity because of all the factory Rex minifigs that didn’t/don’t include pauldrons.

I bet there’s a lot of people that bought the factory minifig & reported to Lego that “their Venator” was “missing” the pauldron. So it’s like, OK, well, let’s just make it available on PAB & charge a mark-up on it.

Regardless of my speculation, I do hope you’re right about the piece being included in the Y-Wing. It’d become a rather slimy move on their part to omit it & simultaneously have it on PAB for $7–effectively expect people to spend $20 to get the full figure. I mean, it’d be better than not being able the cloth at all, but it still wouldn’t be a great look.

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

....ouch, didn't realize that. What kind of an upcharge is that? There are larger molded animals that go for less than that on PAB, this is a small piece of cloth- printing aside. You'd think printed torsos would be more expensive than it to produce.

50 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

Regardless of my speculation, I do hope you’re right about the piece being included in the Y-Wing. It’d become a rather slimy move on their part to omit it & simultaneously have it on PAB for $7–effectively expect people to spend $20 to get the full figure. I mean, it’d be better than not being able the cloth at all, but it still wouldn’t be a great look.

Completely agree, especially since there's no real argument against including it- it's not going to interfere with the chest closing like the mech, it won't prevent the fig from sitting like kamas, etc. It'd purely be a cost saving move- since they apparently value that kama so much.

Honestly I'd prefer he loses the arm printing if it's just them wanting to keep the fig cheaper/different from the venator one. Without arm printing Rex still looks like a complete figure. Without the pauldron something's noticeably wrong.

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I mean Lego would be sort of justified if they advertise it as a BBS3 set.

Which there is a chance they will just to save cost.

Edited by CloneCommando99

IIRC the word was that the Rex figure in the microfighter would definitely be the same as the Venator one, and so would specifically include both arm printing and the pauldron.

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

One of the most in demand figures in the cheapest Lego Star Wars set on the market on release, there is no world where any kind of outrage is justified. When have Lego ever taken an exclusive figure from one of the most expensive sets ever made and chucked it in to one of the cheapest available? 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

....ouch, didn't realize that. What kind of an upcharge is that? There are larger molded animals that go for less than that on PAB, this is a small piece of cloth- printing aside.

If you look on PAB the cloth flags from the lion knights castle go for over £9 on there own all the capes are expensive think it is just one of those things. 

also it’s already out of stock in the UK swear it wasn’t on yesterday so must have gone today

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

IIRC the word was that the Rex figure in the microfighter would definitely be the same as the Venator one, and so would specifically include both arm printing and the pauldron.

You’d hope it would be the same for the Luke mech which is supposedly going to be the UCS figure from last year 

Edited by Llewop

1 hour ago, AD_Bricks said:

Wasn´t it, that it would be the same, but without the pauldron? I mean it has been a while, and I won´t try to search for that statement now, but IMO that is what was said back then.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

....ouch, didn't realize that. What kind of an upcharge is that? There are larger molded animals that go for less than that on PAB, this is a small piece of cloth- printing aside. You'd think printed torsos would be more expensive than it to produce.

Someone at Lego is getting savvy. They see the demand for certain pieces and are matching the prices. Castle torsos just jumped 50%. There are a lot of Castle army builders out there that have been cleaning PAB out every time the pieces come back in stock. It's bad for my wallet but smart of Lego to capitalize on that.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

Someone at Lego is getting savvy. They see the demand for certain pieces and are matching the prices. Castle torsos just jumped 50%. There are a lot of Castle army builders out there that have been cleaning PAB out every time the pieces come back in stock. It's bad for my wallet but smart of Lego to capitalize on that.

I respect the supply/demand notion, but at the same time, c'mon Lego! It's cloth! You don't charge more for in-demand items with your other products!

(That said, the PAB site is probably almost exclusively used by Afols, and let's face it, this is an expensive hobby. They probably know people who are buying specific parts directly from lego are able and willing to pay prices like this. But they did lose me... $7 is not worth it for a little piece of cloth)

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

Wasn´t it, that it would be the same, but without the pauldron? I mean it has been a while, and I won´t try to search for that statement now, but IMO that is what was said back then.

I'm pretty sure they said it was exactly the same as the Venator Rex, and the pauldron stuff is all speculation. It's what I remember, and I also feel like there would have been much more of an outcry if we'd known back then that there wasn't a pauldron, as opposed to right now, where it's just speculation. 

3 hours ago, Llewop said:

also it’s already out of stock in the UK swear it wasn’t on yesterday so must have gone today

It has been on since the start of last week but has been out of stock the entire time. Could be that they put up the listing for the part but it hasn't actually been in stock at all yet- that does sometimes happen when new parts are added. 

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

All torsos just jumped 50%, not just Castle torsos.

10 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I just double checked for us, and the screenshot I saved about this leak a while ago seems to just say "same exact figure as in the Venator", without anything about the pauldron, so I'm going to assume it's included, but I suppose we can't be too sure.

10 hours ago, Llewop said:

You’d hope it would be the same for the Luke mech which is supposedly going to be the UCS figure from last year 

Ah, so that's how they intend on selling this set to people who aren't interested in the mechs. Knew there had to be something.

Thanks to the review of 75387: Boarding the Tantive IV on Brickset, I've changed my mind about the set and pre-ordered it last night :innocent: 
The build itself looks fantastic -apart from the play functions, which I'll hardly use anyway- and the minifigure selection is amazing :wub: 
Besides, it might be nice to have Fives after all :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

Did the site show a picture of the pauldron? I have been looking for the last couple of days, but didn't seem tot find it. Might also be as I am in the Netherlands. But it would be weird to that in the UK and nowhere else right?

Been wondering why LEGO wouldn't sell kamas on their site. If they know the demand was there, you would think it was a no-brainer. Don't include them in sets, but if any collector would want them (and there are enough I guess) sell them separately.

Edited by Robi-wan

3 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

Thanks to the review of 75387: Boarding the Tantive IV on Brickset, I've changed my mind about the set and pre-ordered it last night :innocent: 
The build itself looks fantastic -apart from the play functions, which I'll hardly use anyway- and the minifigure selection is amazing :wub: 
Besides, it might be nice to have Fives after all :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

I’m probably being too harsh but I usually find ‘exploding’ or ‘toppling minifigure’ functions that are present in so many sets really boring, so couldn’t care less for that in this set. However that opening door function with the ‘burned’ edges around the doorway is something I’ll definitely be playing around with more times than I can count. Such an awesome set all round.