MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

37 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I had no expectations for R2, but the build looks great. Cute even :laugh: I like how they designed the legs. The top, with all the visible grey studs, looks a bit rough though.

It’s the Kind of set I will wait for a big sale on I think. It’s good but when you throw in what else is coming out this year not only in SW but other themes got to prioritise 

The Tantive IV set looks great, definitely will be getting it at some point. Maybe this is a bit sad but I'm honestly really excited by how many minifigures come in it, I'm so used to $100+ sets with 3-4 minifigures :wall:

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

I mean two eyes is multiple eyes, yes more than two was implied but it could be trolling. So I don't think we should be too quick to discount two eyed creatures, especially because people are calling into question the validity of the source.

I believe I heard here that the original quote was something along the lines of more than two eyes. 

5 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

The Taintive IV hallway scene looks excellent. A little pricey in my opinion but it makes for such an excellent display piece with some decent figures and of course Fives puts it over the top. I really like this style of hallway fight scene. It'll look great displayed next to the Luke vs Dark Trooper scene. If only we could get something like this for Marvel featuring Daredevil. Sadly, LEGO would consider that too violent.

This isn't going to be even close to being on-topic, but a daredevil hallway scene set would be AWESOME. One of my favorite things about the show were those massive, no-cut hallway fights with practical effects. I watched his scenes from she-hulk, and the fact that they set him up for a hallway scene but then don't do it to make a joke is pretty emblematic of the show's treatment of Matt as a whole.

To try to be a little on topic, the obvious next hallway scene is Maul, right? Lego loves spamming clones, and that scene's got 3 different types. If they wanted to add desirability for fig collectors they could even throw in Jesse, even if it's not accurate- make it a much more direct parallel to this hallway set.

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Wonder what function the technic knobs on the side have. Also it really looks designed to have two connected together! This is a $110 set

You place the figures on the 1x2 jumper tiles, and turning the knobs move small levers to knock them off. It's a cute little battle scene thing.

11 minutes ago, Meaf said:

The Tantive IV set looks great, definitely will be getting it at some point. Maybe this is a bit sad but I'm honestly really excited by how many minifigures come in it, I'm so used to $100+ sets with 3-4 minifigures :wall:

I always try to pick up the sets that have reasonable prices/figure counts ASAP, while waiting for discounts or just not buying more overpriced ones.

Tantive IV set is near-perfect. Figs are great, fig count is great, set looks really nice, etc. I will be modifying it to remove the technic knobs- they're a great play feature, they just stick out a bit- but this is a Day 1 buy.

R2 is better than it could be, but I still think it's too soon- 3 years for a set with a UCS plaque to rerelease is nuts. It's a fine set, seems alright for the price, but I just don't see why we need another UCS R2 after 3 years. I do hope Malak isn't going to be as expensive on BL as I think he will.

Shame about Vader having an inaccurate torso but it's hardly a surprise since the current Vader technically isn't accurate to any of his appearances anyway (it's close to RotS but even then it has the red switch in the wrong place). I guess they have the same philosophy with Vader as they do with the Clones- combining multiple designs which leaves the end result being not accurate to anything. 

May be controversial, but I think this R2D2 is better than the UCS version

To be honest I thought we were going to get the midi scale ship images along with these image releases, kind of bummed...

30 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

To be honest I thought we were going to get the midi scale ship images along with these image releases, kind of bummed...

Same. They can’t be too far off though 

34 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

Hopefully we get them in the next week or so, they are supposed to be releasing in March so they have to be pretty soon.

75387, looks nice. I was not sure if to get it, but now, it will be on the list..

Vader's inaccurate torso is a massive L, considering that this (as well as the rumoured ANH Death Star set) was our best chance to get a proper R1/ANH one. I also wish that we had gotten a new Rebel Fleet Trooper head (it seems to be the same piece, but reversed), maybe even female or in a different colour (inaccurate to the scene, but better for army-building). 
I also agree that there are too many stickers, mainly because the eight (two sets of four) repeated ones could have been prints. 🫤

12 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Vader's inaccurate torso is a massive L, considering that this (as well as the rumoured ANH Death Star set) was our best chance to get a proper R1/ANH one. I also wish that we had gotten a new Rebel Fleet Trooper head (it seems to be the same piece, but reversed), maybe even female or in a different colour (inaccurate to the scene, but better for army-building). 
I also agree that there are too many stickers, mainly because the eight (two sets of four) repeated ones could have been prints. 🫤

I too was hoping for slightly different face prints on the troopers. Am I right in thinking they are new prints not the same from Yavin? 

3 minutes ago, Llewop said:

I too was hoping for slightly different face prints on the troopers. Am I right in thinking they are new prints not the same from Yavin? 

It is difficult to tell, but it appears to be a new head (though I still think that the same part is used for both Troopers). 

3 hours ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

Oh, good idea! I don't think having multiple of this set connected would look that great (it's not a perfect rectangle, and it looks like you can only connect them front to back) but an escape pod bay or the black corridor where Leia recorded her message would be great additions.

Maybe a small Tantive IV expansion with one of those areas to connect to this set could be the May the 4th promo, like how the recent Harry Potter vault promo was designed to connect to Gringotts?

I’d love something like that. Especially since the scene/image where Leia gives the plans to R2 is pretty iconic.

9 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

It is difficult to tell, but it appears to be a new head (though I still think that the same part is used for both Troopers). 

Nevermind. I just looked at the pics on Amazon, and it looks like the Yavin head for both. Ugh. 😕

2 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I’d love something like that. Especially since the scene/image where Leia gives the plans to R2 is pretty iconic.

An extension with Leia, R2-D2, C-3PO, and 1-2 Stormtroopers to recreate the plans, "Set for stun!", and droid escape scenes would be excellent! 

I know it’s speculation at this point about whether the Tantive could join another set in the future, but do I remember correctly that the Mando sets the bunker battle and bp were rumoured to be linked or suggested they could? Maybe it something Lego is looking to do to keep things fresh with some sets 

I think Boarding on Tantive should have been a diorama and the Endor speeder chase should have been a set. They could have made it look really premium and now it just looks like a beefier Dark Trooper set with some big cons like 10 stickers, non accurate Vader torso, still using family guy stormtrooper helmets and Endor speeder chase feels lacking in backdrop, has a lame quote, bad leg prints which would have been acceptable in a non premium diorama set.
Those 3 rebels look cool though and packaging looks really cool.

I feel like if you don't care about Fives and get this on some kind of sale for $40-$45 and then sell Fives you recoup $8-$12 more and this set then doesn't sound as bad for $30.

This whole anniversary figure concept is really weird to me. Shouldn't they be giving us extra free things as a thank you for being their customers for 25 years and not just throw in random figures that don't belong there and then increasing the set prices because of it. Everything else I ever collected would give me these beautiful coins or special cards, additional figures or extra toys and here I feel like I am being scammed.  

16 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

This whole anniversary figure concept is really weird to me. Shouldn't they be giving us extra free things as a thank you for being their customers for 25 years and not just throw in random figures that don't belong there and then increasing the set prices because of it. Everything else I ever collected would give me these beautiful coins or special cards, additional figures or extra toys and here I feel like I am being scammed.  

There’s different ways to do it and look it at it. Did you like the 20th anniversary wave and figures? I didn’t like them because they were common figures that I already had. I didn’t like Harry Potter anniversary figures either because they were gold. I feel like doing something different with random characters is a good way of doing it. It does also say to me we’ll never get a cal kestis set now. These figures weren’t ever going to be in a set for those who want them then it’s great. 

but what do you do for an anniversary? Do you remake the classics like they did before or do You try something new? 

it’s never perfect but I’m just glad that they haven’t done a landspeeder or snow speeder they are trying diffeeent things. 

next year normal service will resume until we get to 30 years in 2029

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

maybe even female or in a different colour (inaccurate to the scene, but better for army-building). 

Eh, we just got the new chinstrap head in the Yavin set- I'm fine with the fig's faces representing the soldiers on the Tantive.

2 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

and then sell Fives you recoup $8-$12 more and this set then doesn't sound as bad for $30.

I'm interested to see how much Fives goes for on bricklink. Malak will likely be $20-30 minimum, since he's in a more expensive set not a lot of people are excited for, and is the only minifig in that set besides the $1 R2.

Fives is a weird case though- he's a highly desirable figure in a set not related to him, but the set itself is relatively cheap, contains one of the best cost/fig ratios in a non-battle pack SW set, and is based on one of the most iconic opening scenes in film history. I'm sure he'll be something like $20 at first, but I could honestly see him selling for under $10 after a few months.

1 minute ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Eh, we just got the new chinstrap head in the Yavin set- I'm fine with the fig's faces representing the soldiers on the Tantive.

I am OK with one of the Fleet Troopers being a reuse from Yavin, but not both of them (especially since we did not get a new Vader torso!). 😕

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Fives is a weird case though- he's a highly desirable figure in a set not related to him, but the set itself is relatively cheap, contains one of the best cost/fig ratios in a non-battle pack SW set, and is based on one of the most iconic opening scenes in film history. I'm sure he'll be something like $20 at first, but I could honestly see him selling for under $10 after a few months.

Plus the fact that some people will want 2+ copies of the set in order to make the hallway wider and/or longer, which could lead to even more Fives floating around Bricklink. As someone who just wants Fives and doesn't want to buy the whole set, that's a welcome scenario that I could see happen. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That head wasn't new, it's the same one they used in 2019 for the Rebel Trooper in the Tantive IV and 4+ TIE Fighter.

Anyway, I might swap one of the Rebels' heads out for the Hoth AT-ST Driver face - the chinstrap is a little different, but at least then the two Rebels won't be clones.

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I also wish that we had gotten a new Rebel Fleet Trooper head (it seems to be the same piece, but reversed), maybe even female or in a different colour (inaccurate to the scene, but better for army-building). 

I totally agree. I find it especially weird since they introduced a brand new female head in a different color for the rebel crew member in the Yavin IV set, and yet they didn’t reuse it here. The chin strap is even the same! Technically, what they did is more screen accurate, but it would have been nice. 

Edited by Rwbricks

Just now, TheUnusualBuilder said:

That head wasn't new, it's the same one they used in 2019 for the Rebel Trooper in the Tantive IV and 4+ TIE Fighter.

Anyway, I might swap one of the Rebels' heads out for the Hoth AT-ST Driver face - the chinstrap is a little different, but at least then the two Rebels won't be clones.

While that head was also used in the yavin set, they did make a new chinstrap head for it- this one.

41 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Plus the fact that some people will want 2+ copies of the set in order to make the hallway wider and/or longer, which could lead to even more Fives floating around Bricklink. As someone who just wants Fives and doesn't want to buy the whole set, that's a welcome scenario that I could see happen. 

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am OK with one of the Fleet Troopers being a reuse from Yavin, but not both of them (especially since we did not get a new Vader torso!). 😕

While it would of course have been better if they had more new prints, this feels the same as all the complaints about the clone trooper vs droids battle pack in that it's nitpicks on one of an increasingly small proportion of SW sets that are actually solid value in terms of number of figs and parts for the price.

21 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

While that head was also used in the yavin set, they did make a new chinstrap head for it- this one.

Exactly.

While it would of course have been better if they had more new prints, this feels the same as all the complaints about the clone trooper vs droids battle pack in that it's nitpicks on one of an increasingly small proportion of SW sets that are actually solid value in terms of number of figs and parts for the price.

I mean, I do think there's a bit of a difference between "this toy for children has playability for children" versus "two characters in this set have the exact same face". Aside from Fives it seems there are only two new prints in the entire set (Antilles's face and torso), so I don't think wanting a different Rebel face is crazy unrealistic.