MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

9 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

The leaked Jabba in the cancelled throne room from last year looked the same as the 2012/2013 Jabba.

I wonder if they pushed that set to this year or cancelled it altogether. The Palace itself would make for an amazing MBS set. 

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

The leaked Jabba in the cancelled throne room from last year looked the same as the 2012/2013 Jabba.

I don't think we ever got image leaks, and if it really was exactly the same, I'd say that's proof whatever you saw was fake- they'd 100% have changed the printing at least.

Also, if it got to that point in production, I am 100% confident Jabba would/will be in the barge. New molds are expensive, it'd be nuts for them to make one (again- the physical mold is the main part of the cost. Reviving a mold that was physically destroyed is about as much money as creating a wholly new one) and then just never using it for a character as famous as Jabba.

4 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Just out of interest, isn’t the Tantive hallway playset supposed to be modular? If so could it mean that a Home one briefing room and bridge could release next year and connect with the hallway?

It's possible it'll be able to connect to itself, but going from that to "home one briefing room and bridge next year" is a wild leap. They aren't even the same ship! 

The death star being modular is a much more plausible idea, though I assume any potential future sets would be more areas of the death star specifically. Cell block, trash compactor, etc.

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

I wonder if they pushed that set to this year or cancelled it altogether. The Palace itself would make for an amazing MBS set. 

Unfortunately, unless the barge really does have like 2 figs, they won't do the palace anytime soon after. Too much overlap. 

Not sure if it's still coming this year or not, given the strikes and other delays...But 'The Acolyte' is definitely my most anticipated upcoming star wars project,I hope it gets an Ahsoka sized launch wave. And I definitely hope it doesn't get snubbed by Lego like 'Tales of the Jedi'

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not sure if it's still coming this year or not, given the strikes and other delays...But 'The Acolyte' is definitely my most anticipated upcoming star wars project,I hope it gets an Ahsoka sized launch wave. And I definitely hope it doesn't get snubbed by Lego like 'Tales of the Jedi'

Given the fact that filming wrapped last June, there’s no way it doesn’t come out this year. 

I really, really want lots of Acolyte sets, but I’m not getting my hopes up too high considering the amount that Andor and the Book of Boba Fett got. 

I'm very excited for The Acolyte as well.
I actually know very little regarding plot at characters and such (which I'd like to keep that way for now), but I believe there will be references/flashbacks to Sith from older time, say Old Republic era, and I do know it's about the Sith (or perhaps Dark Jedi) during the High Republic era (if I'm not mistaken), so it'll definitely be a great source for generic Sith/Dark Jedi minifigures and vehicles.
As said, hopefully LEGO does something with it :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

New 25th anniversary set announced from FalconFan/Brickmerge 40755 October First with 383 pieces. 

The UCS Sailbarge is 3,942 pieces.

1 minute ago, Legofan2001 said:

New 25th anniversary set announced from FalconFan/Brickmerge 40755 October First with 383 pieces. 

GWP for the sail barge? Hoping its $400 or less, but lets be real here :wacko:

"40755 Star Wars 25th Anniversary Celebration"

383 pcs, October release 

From 1414falconfan

Edited by Minishark2000

1 minute ago, ForgedInLego said:

GWP for the sail barge? Hoping its $400 or less, but lets be real here :wacko:

Yeah set 40730 with 145 pieces and 18+ is the Promo for the Sail Barge.

The Sail Barge Piece Count is not very encouraging tbh………….

So we can expect the Sail Barge to be around 500 USD with that piece count? I am curious what the 10+ may 4th promo is, being 262 pieces, although I would have preferred to see "4pcs" if you know what I mean :pir-bawling:

33 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

The Sail Barge Piece Count is not very encouraging tbh………….

Why that ? Looks like a promising MBS.

35 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Why that ? Looks like a promising MBS.

Because apparently it includes only two minifigures, and the interior is basically non-existent.

Imagine getting Jabba's Sail Barge without... Jabba? We don't know the details, but it doesn't sound particularly optimistic.

If Lego’s going to start doing larger vehicles as minifigure scale UCS sets. Who else wants a UCS Imperial Gozanti class cruiser for the 15th anniversary of Rebels?

Or a republic frigate. Preferably based on Clone Wars but a TPM diplomatic variant could be cool as well.

2 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

If Lego’s going to start doing larger vehicles as minifigure scale UCS sets. Who else wants a UCS Imperial Gozanti class cruiser for the 15th anniversary of Rebels?

Or a republic frigate. Preferably based on Clone Wars but a TPM diplomatic variant could be cool as well.

if we're gonna get a UCS set from rebels it should be the Ghost

9 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

LEGO has been doing larger vehicles as fig-scale UCS since the 2007 Millennium Falcon. Since then we have had the Crest, the Imperial Shuttle, the 2017 Falcon, the AT-AT, and the Slave 1, to name a few. This certainly isn't new for the theme, but it is nice to see another hopefully fig-scale set added to the lineup. 

8 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

if we're gonna get a UCS set from rebels it should be the Ghost

Agreed on this, but the Ghost is much larger than the Falcon, so having a UCS would certainly be closer to $1k if not more for a fig-scale one with any semblance of interior. 

Regarding the sail barge.  I think it should come with more than two mini figures and be more like the AT-AT with 9.  Would make the piece count/rumored price feel better, although weight and looks of the model are important.

On another UCS minfigure discussion.  It would be sweet to get Soontir Fel with the UCS interceptor instead of a generic tie pilot.  Plus since it will likely have arm printing they could do the red stripes (and modding the tie with the red stripe would be cool).  I do not have the interceptor on my purchase list for this year, but having soontir Fel as the pilot would change my mind.  Not sure how many named Imperial pilots we will get.

On 1/13/2024 at 8:14 PM, Flawless Cowboy said:

Is it possible there is one more diorama remaining that will be a store exclusive? And that’s why we don’t know it yet? 

That was my assumption for the longest time since we started hearing 2024 rumors, but it's looking more and more unlikely. Seems like a bizarre choice to only do one diorama next year, a microscale podrace at that. Kind of a bummer if Lego's slowly ending that subtheme. The prices for a lot of the diorama sets were absurd and a lot of them really took away from what should've been small and/or affordable sets, like the Trash Compactor or the Endor Speeder Chase, but I still liked the concept and felt the line had promise. 

On 1/13/2024 at 11:45 PM, Pedilego said:

I may end up buying a lot of this latest BP even though I prefer no helmet holes. Commonly with Lego, even though I'm not satisfied with the end-product, I often still buy it because it's just good enough. To me, the fact that I often do spend so much gives me even more reason to be dissatisfied with the sub-par product (relative to what TLG is capable of).

Personally, I do think the 2014 Clones are the best they've done. They're even better when you combo the helmets + torsos with the newer heads + legs. It baffles me that some parts got better while others got worse, which seems to be the trend with Clones. A lot of people say the same about Stormtroopers (e.g. Family Guy helmets) so it's not just Clones but they're the ones I'm most personally disappointed about. I can go back and get old 212th, old Stormtroopers, etc. I can't go back and get 2014 variant helmets + torsos of the 501st, 332nd, Fox, Fives, etc.

I should clarify that I think Lego Star Wars, and the brand in general, has been doing a lot right. For that matter, I agree with a great deal of the things that are said on this forum - I just happen to post/respond to/about things that I dislike/disagree with most of the time.

My TLG fandom is like rooting for an underperforming sports team that you know can do better. I'm passionate about them, I want the best for them, I see opportunity for improvement, and I focus on that. But I can do a better job of being more balanced and voicing praises more often.

This is a very good and nuanced outlook on the theme, and similar to my feelings. I feel that there have been steps backward in some regards (Lego's current ambivalence towards cloth accessories for instance) but generally speaking, I think the theme is doing a generally good job at the moment. 

I've been too busy to share my thoughts on here but these recent rumors were not even close to what I was kind of expecting for next summer. Some sets seem kinda safe/dull, some seem really cool and some seem just straight up bizarre. 

• The Sith Infiltrator would probably fall into the dull category, though it is a set I'll most likely get since I don't have any of the previous versions. Definitely not my first choice for a set I'd like to see for TPM's 25th anniversary but oh well. Kinda cool that it has the same character selection as the 2011 version, with our first Panaka and Qui-Gon figures in a while. The fact that Qui-Gon and Maul both come in this set really pokes holes in my retail exclusive Duel of the Fates diorama theory though.
  • The X-Wing and TIE Fighter set sorta falls into the dull category as well, but even the fact we're getting another dual starfighter set and the wing switch feature in this set makes it stand out for me. That gimmick really reminds me of old school Lego Star Wars sets where they'd encourage you to do wacky things with the pieces, plus the concept of switching the ship parts around does exist in the lore. The scale and look of these iterations of the X-Wing and TIE will be the ultimate decider on whether I get this set or simply Bricklink the desirable figures from it at some point.
  • Whatever the creature build set is will probably fall into the dull category for me, but I'll probably Bricklink the young Leia figure on Bricklink, especially if she comes with LOLA.
  • The buildable C-3PO is kinda sandwiched in between the dull and cool categories for me. I'm surprised it's taken Lego so long to do a buildable Threepio honestly. The fact that it'll probably look and scale better with this new buildable R2 than the UCS version(s) means that I'll probably skip on this set unless it really blows me away. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes with some sort of anniversary figure as well since the R2 set is. 
  • Despite the high price, the Desert Skiff and Sarlacc set would probably fall into the cool category for me. I have the 2017 version, so getting some of the same figures here (Han, Chewie, Boba) isn't super exciting, but I am curious to see how the piece count has risen so drastically. I saw someone throw out the idea of the set including the Sarlacc Pit and both of the Desert Skiffs which is certainly possible. I'd probably prefer to see that piece count going towards improving the Sarlacc Pit build, especially since I already have one Skiff and there's only two in the scene as I recall, but I wouldn't be mad getting an additional one here. I'll probably wind up getting this set regardless but my excitement will greatly depend on how they handle the Sail Barge. 
  • As someone who liked the Ahsoka show, or season rather, the Peridia set is very exciting to me for the figures alone. I would have preferred getting the Chimera with these particular figures but seeing as how this set will be significantly cheaper, I'm not complaining. I guess we will probably have to wait for the Filoni movie to get that particular ISD after all. I'm just curious what the build here will be exactly? The piece count and figure selection rules out the Imperial Dropship or one of the Noti pods, so I worry it'll be similar to the Obi-Wan vs. Vader set where it's just a super bland location build you're just buying for the figures. Still, I'm excited to get all of the figures in this set as they're including basically every major character/variation still missing from Season One. I imagine we'll still get the Night Troopers and Great Mothers with Season 2 or something down the line.
  • The Death Star playset sounds like it could be very cool but like the Peridia set, I wonder what they're even going to be able to do for the build. I was thinking maybe something similar to one of the old Kenner playsets, but the lack of hero figures besides Luke and Han possibly being in their Stormtrooper disguises here is a bit of a headscratcher. It's also going to be very cool to get an official Cal Kestis FINALLY, though I already bought custom printed figures of both his Fallen Order and Survivor appearances this last summer. Hopefully he has his poncho here to differentiate him from those other figures I have.
  • The Jedi Bob Starfighter falls into the straight up bizarre category for me. Getting him as an anniversary figure would have already been a neat surprise, but getting a whole set dedicated to him is glorious. The $40 price tag is a bit steep, and I wonder how well this set will do with more casual fans of Lego Star Wars, but I know I'll be grabbing one.
  • Lastly, the evil Millennium Falcon is probably one of the most bizarre sets I've ever heard of. On one hand, I would normally be annoyed that this is taking up a slot that could be going to, I don't know, a Fondor or something, but I can't even be mad at the sheer weirdness of this set. I know I won't be buying this set but some of those figures will be really neat ones to order on Bricklink.

All in all, this sounds like it should be a very interesting year for the theme and largely a step up from some of my problems with it in 2023. Lots of variety all around, and Lego definitely isn't skimping on minifigures this year. Plus I'm sure we're going to get at least one Acolyte set this year as well, perhaps later on in the fall, which just adds to the variety.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Because apparently it includes only two minifigures, and the interior is basically non-existent.

Imagine getting Jabba's Sail Barge without... Jabba? We don't know the details, but it doesn't sound particularly optimistic.

This is not confirmed 

2 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

That piece count makes me more optimistic that we’ll be getting a more MBS-style set with an interior and figures. The original 6,000 piece count from the survey sounded absurd. ~4,000 pieces sounds ideal to make a large, but not overwhelmingly large minifig-scaled Khetanna with enough hollow space inside to reenact scenes. I also don’t believe Lego would be putting out complementary play sets like the skiff/sarlacc pit to sit alongside an empty hunk of brown. 

3 hours ago, Legofan2001 said:

I'm a little optimistic here- this doesn't seem to be like the giant sets we've been getting with few/no figs. It's not exactly compelling evidence, especially considering foggy believes it might just have the two, but it's SOMETHING to fuel the copium.

I just still can't believe lego legitimately believes they'd make money on a UCS Sail barge with just two non-jabba figs.

3 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

"40755 Star Wars 25th Anniversary Celebration"

383 pcs, October release 

From 1414falconfan

This sounds fun. I hope we get either gold figs or main characters in some sort of anniversary celebration suit. Really impossible to tell what the build could be- the star wars logo could be cool, but that's 100% just a guess.

Death Star play set has 50% more pieces than Yavin?  1555 and no confirmed price? I am definitely guessing it will have a midi ship to compete with Yavin.  

27 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

Death Star play set has 50% more pieces than Yavin?  1555 and no confirmed price? I am definitely guessing it will have a midi ship to compete with Yavin.  

Based on this new information, yeah this set is definitely intended to be a dark side equivalent to Yavin IV. I'm also going to go out on a limb and say the rumored minifigure selection is fake - when Yavin had 12 minifigures, there's no way LEGO would only include 6 (5 if you discount Cal) and omit so many major characters.

Also yeah this almost certainly does mean a midi ship is included which probably will be a TIE Advanced unfortunately, though I would much prefer a standard TIE at this scale to mix things up (or, ideally, just don't include one at all what with how many TIEs are currently on the market).

Okay maybe I’m just inhaling tons of hopium BUT what if this Buildable creature isn’t just one but Three???? Perhaps it’s the 3 Creatures of The Arena?! 100 dollars with 1,200 pieces is a lot for one set ESPECIALLY if it’s just one creature. Like sure it could be a Wampa or Ewok but that just seems weird and I feel like if it were one of those we’d know what it is already. 

Just to confirm for everyone. Over on insta last hour or so: 

75389 Dark Millenium Falcon, 1578 pieces, $169.99

75392 Potential Creature Build, 1186 pieces, $99.99 

75394 Death Star playset, 1555 pieces 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm a little optimistic here- this doesn't seem to be like the giant sets we've been getting with few/no figs. It's not exactly compelling evidence, especially considering foggy believes it might just have the two, but it's SOMETHING to fuel the copium.

I just still can't believe lego legitimately believes they'd make money on a UCS Sail barge with just two non-jabba figs.

Agreed. The vehicle is commonly referred to as “Jabba’s Sail Barge,” as it has been called in the past two LEGO sets. You can’t call it that with no Jabba. Plus, if the rumors about the Jabba’s throne room  diorama last year were true, then why would LEGO be fully ready to include Jabba with his throne but not with his sail barge, especially if they had gotten so far into production as to bring the mold back? We don’t know if they did actually get that far, but if they were willing to, why wouldn’t they do it now? Maybe it’s just optimism, but I’m hoping that Jabba is included. We’ll just have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Just to confirm for everyone. Over on insta last hour or so: 

75389 Dark Millenium Falcon, 1578 pieces, $169.99

75392 Potential Creature Build, 1186 pieces, $99.99 

75394 Death Star playset, 1555 pieces 

Whoah, so death star isn't gonna be $80. I'm fully on the midi scale TIE train, as well as the kenner playset style train. I think the figure list might be different than what we're hearing, too, if it's that large/expensive.

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

Okay maybe I’m just inhaling tons of hopium BUT what if this Buildable creature isn’t just one but Three???? Perhaps it’s the 3 Creatures of The Arena?! 100 dollars with 1,200 pieces is a lot for one set ESPECIALLY if it’s just one creature. Like sure it could be a Wampa or Ewok but that just seems weird and I feel like if it were one of those we’d know what it is already. 

I think the arena creatures is certainly a viable guess here, especially if that multiple eyes hint is true.