TheBrickPal

Animal Crossing 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, strangely said:

I'm guessing Isabelle's House Visit might be the player house since Isabelle doesn't traditionally have a house (I could be wrong, been a couple of years since I've played).

"Visit" does imply that it's not her own home, but it could also be her dropping in at an animal villager's house.

I'm really hoping that they capture the customization element of the games. It would be great if the set that introduces the player character could have a selection of parts to make your own basic villager to start off with (like the part selections in the Hogwarts and Quidditch trunk sets) and then other sets could increase the range of customization options. I'd love to also see expansion sets to upgrade your house, maybe a cmf with furniture sets, costumes, etc.

I'm super stoked that they're building everything on baseplates so you can make your own island.

Huh... With Tom Nook and Isabelle in their New Horizons outfits, I was sure that the "big set" would have been Town Hall. I guess Tom Nook wanted to get back to shopkeeping, and Isabelle needed to get out and stretch her legs! I'm also hopeful that the brick built island pieces can even play into the playability aspect, like X-printed tiles that can be lifted or pressed open to find fossils.

My thought, set my set:

• 77050 - Nook's Cranny & Rosie's House: I hope that both the house and the store will be sufficiently large, given that the piece count is only 535 pieces. I could see this set being jam packed with different brick built furniture, though. Based on Nookpedia, Rosie's house seems to have a lot of pink furniture, so hopefully the store will have some different colors?
  • 77049 - Isabelle's House Visit: I initially thought that this might be either Marshall's or Fauna's house, but the more I think about it, the more I think that this set could be the player's house. If I remember correctly, I think Isabelle even ran by the player's house a few times in New Leaf?
  • 77048 - Kapp'n's Island Boat Tour: Haha, I was right in this guess at least! Maybe a part of this set's cost will be going towards some new fish molds? At least give us some printed fish tiles, please!
  • 77047 - Bunnie's Outdoor Activities: This one could really go anywhere, but I imagine it will have a lot of foliage, bugs/fish, and maybe even a small river section or a bridge. Maybe even a slingshot and a balloon present?
  • 77046 - Julian's Birthday Party: If he's throwing a birthday party, he's going to need guests, so I imagine either Marshall or Fauna will be here (I'm leaning towards Marshall, just to break up the spread of the ungulates). So, I'm going to guess that Fauna is in one of the "middle" three sets - though I'll lean towards the Kapp'n set.

Seeing how this wave really only visits one major location (Nook's), I think it's a safe bet that there will be a lot more sets down the pipeline. Hopefully that also means we get even more villagers, NPC's (Rover please!), and locations. I also really like how this series has the potential to appeal to a wide variety of Lego fans. Even if you don't care about the minifigs, I imagine that most of the other builds will be able to integrate into other sets/builds pretty easily - and, even then, most of the minifigure parts aren't super specialized and can be used in lots of scenarios. I think this will be a major hit for everyone!

2 hours ago, strangely said:

It would be great if the set that introduces the player character could have a selection of parts to make your own basic villager to start off with (like the part selections in the Hogwarts and Quidditch trunk sets)

Maybe we can get a set like this for Able Sister's, with a lot of clothing items?

We know who the first wave of animal crossings sets are going to be. In a next wave there will be much likely new molds for new animals but also recolors of the molds they use now. Which characters do you want to see as a recolor? 
my choice: 

rabbits: snake, gaston and cole

squirrels: agent s, poppy

cats: kid cat, mitzi

deer (i don’t know if they can pull off the horns on them): erik, bam and zell

and what species do you like to see next? I’d like to see sheep, alligators hamster, bird, gorilla and octopi

Edited by Borex

Those set names are intriguing! I hope we get more villagers than just those in the teaser! Then again, this won‘t be a one-wave theme, that‘s for sure ^^

Also looking forward to tools and items we might get! Bells and fossils printed on 1x1 round tiles, nets, shovels, axes, etc :classic:

My biggest thoughts are just there's a lack of minifigures in these sets. No one comes to Julian's birthday party unless you own other sets in this wave, and Timmy and Tommy aren't there to run their own store. 

5 hours ago, Borex said:

deer (i don’t know if they can pull off the horns on them): erik, bam and zell

They all have holes on top of their head so they can probably add them that way as a new piece.

Either way, the sets are very cute, although the lack of figures is a bit disappointing. Then again it's way more than Sonic got initially, let alone Mario (yikes). Speaking of which, I think it's interesting there's a heavy focus on those Mario base plates. They really want you to customise your town. Hopefully this theme will stay long enough to reach its full potential. The K.K. Slider easter egg is also very cute, hopefully he'll become more than a reference soon.

21 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The K.K. Slider easter egg is also very cute, hopefully he'll become more than a reference soon.

It would be funny if each set came with a piece of him - and by collecting all the sets you get a 5 Star Island for a fully built KK to come and do his concert at 😂

9 minutes ago, Undi3sss said:

It would be funny if each set came with a piece of him - and by collecting all the sets you get a 5 Star Island for a fully built KK to come and do his concert at 😂

Or make him a digi minifig with some musictiles to sing in real lego life! Bapadapeeptweeep badabeeeebeedepeee

49 minutes ago, Undi3sss said:

Timmy and Tommy aren't there to run their own store.

My thought is that you can't have Animal Crossing without Tom Nook, but including Timmy and Tommy would require an additional mold for their smaller heads. So Tom is back to being the shopkeep. What I find slightly more puzzling is the lack of any indication that a human villager player character minifig will show up anywhere. Unless the idea is that the person handling the LEGO is projecting themselves into the setting by playing with the pieces, and a minifig would be redundant?

Love all the new prints, the bell bag, the accessories, and of course the minifigs! Pretty low number I have to say, but it‘s not that surprising considering the sheer number of new head parts :shrug_oh_well: Also surprising to already have a reveal for sets releasing in March when we don‘t even have pictures for a set scheduled for November! 

Wait... We already know the entire wave? This has got to be one of the quickest leak-to-reveal Lego has done with a line as far away as it is from releasing.

The sets maybe feel slightly disorganized, but I think that it helps add to the overall charm, in some way. All of the prints are also nice, especially the KK album covers and the Bell coin. I maybe would have preferred if the fossil was a 2x2, but since it's smaller, it will come with a spare, so I'll give it a pass.

Nintendolife has links to all of the sets on Lego's website, if anyone needs it. https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/10/lego-animal-crossing-launches-march-2024-five-sets-announced

I've never played it or even watched any gameplay of the game, but the sets look great to me.  Even the prices seem reasonable for what you get.  Julian's Birthday Party seems really great for only 15, if I were to buy a set it would have been definitely that one.  I don't really know about the other sets, they definitely look nice, but I'd rather save my money for other themes.  The only thing that feels weak to me is that the sets have a low number of minifigures.

I have mixed feelings about these. I like the buildings and the overall modularity, and there are some great new molds and printed pieces. But the simple, low-detail builds for things like furniture items mean that there's fewer directly recognizable furniture items from the games than I was hoping for. I'm also slightly disappointed that they're just using the classic shovel piece, when a new spade-tipped shovel would've been more accurate and would be useful across other themes as well.

Still, it's a good start. And the figs/printed pieces should be great for MOCists who want to come up with more detailed and accurate scenes from the games.

I'm going to be honest, fam, I'm not vibing with those, they look too uncanny.

Turned out very well imo.

I actually do like that LEGO has chosen to keep it smaller (and somewhat cheaper) instead of full AFOL thousands of pieces sets.

It's not quite 4+ (walls still do use individual bricks for example) , but still open back so I can understand it not fitting with Icons/IDEAS/UCS type of collector sets but I think this will fit very well with City, Creator, Friends scale.

I'm not one to collect licensed normally (only played animal crossing DS long time ago), but this is very charming and the houses/forest builds etc will still fit perfectly with regular minifigs/dolls as well, but even then, I do like the minifig designs here too.

These are overall pretty good! Definitely room for improvement in the next wave, but there are also definitely some great builds here!

My only major gripe is that the $80 set has only two figs. Yikes.

Either way, I’m super excited to see the layouts everyone is gonna build!

I like the stumpy fabulandic trees. But not the palm trees. They don’t really work for me. Too bad they didn’t include a hercules beetle on a palm tree, a praying mantis on flower and a blue morpho as a nod to the ideas insect set

Why would they reveal these so early? 

Anyway, if these sell well, I can see them releasing a Halloween or Christmas "event" set

The Mario plates? What? Why? Ugh. I mean, fair, but I hate that doing it this way means there are going to be lots of gaps if you put them all together!

Oh well, I guess that’s what baseplates are for. I’m also kind of disappointed that the minifigures are so scattered and in such short supply. I was hoping that we’d get a duplicate of Isabelle somewhere at least (one for regular village life, one for her moonlighting as a Smash Brother). 

Still, the sets look gorgeous, if a little pricey, sheesh. And a March release date? I was expecting January. Definitely going to get the two big ones to add to my city, probably the smaller once as well even though I don’t expect to keep them together.

56 minutes ago, Khargeust said:

Can all these pieces be printed ?

Definitely seems like every decorated element is printed! A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Overall, the sets look great! Really wish there were more to 77050 for its price, though. And a villager somewhere would have been nice, too. Otherwise, awesome. So excited to get all of these in March!

Edited by TheBrickPal

7 hours ago, Karalora said:

My thought is that you can't have Animal Crossing without Tom Nook, but including Timmy and Tommy would require an additional mold for their smaller heads

I really doubt they'd give them a new mould. I can totally see Lego reusing the same head here.

1 hour ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

The Mario plates? What? Why? Ugh. I mean, fair, but I hate that doing it this way means there are going to be lots of gaps if you put them all together!

I get it sort of helps giving the ilusion of a small hill, but it makes everything so uneven once you try to put everything together

I know I'm sounding very negative, but I do like the prints, I think they're extremely nice. Just wish I liked the sets themselves a bit more!