F1stzz

[OFFICIAL] LEGO 40597 Scary Pirate Island - Gift With Purchase - UPDATED October 4

On 9/18/2023 at 11:32 PM, thewatchman said:

Perfect time for a UCS pearl.

We'll have to keep dreaming... :pir-cry_sad:

2 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Why do they always have to be GWPs? This set looks rather good, hope to see official pictures soon. Thank ye for sharing! :pir-thumb:

To boost sales of their other stuff, I bought a Jurassic Park set I was on the fence about just because the playground Pirate set was a GWP lol and as it's been mentioned classic fans won't be able to resist picking up anything classic related.

9 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

Why do they always have to be GWPs?

I've never purchased from LEGO.com so all GWP I've acquired via eBay.

On 9/19/2023 at 3:14 AM, TalonCard said:

I like this set quite a bit--the ruined tower on a skullish island idea

I thought it looked more like a shark with jaws wide open...

I like the look of the set, but unless that torso print is new, it's not of much interest to me I'm afraid. 

It looks like it may be the one from the Creator Pirate Ship set though, will have to await more detailed photos. 

32 minutes ago, Seaber said:

I like the look of the set, but unless that torso print is new, it's not of much interest to me I'm afraid. 

It looks like it may be the one from the Creator Pirate Ship set though, will have to await more detailed photos. 

I’m pretty sure it is. 
 I’m curious to see what head it has, and how much more of the ship is on the back of the shark rock. 

3 hours ago, thewatchman said:

[...] how much more of the ship is on the back of the shark rock. 

I'm spotting multiple masonry bricks in there, so I'd say not much at all :pir-grin: 

2 minutes ago, F1stzz said:

I'm spotting multiple masonry bricks in there, so I'd say not much at all :pir-grin: 

I just wanted to write the same about the masonry bricks :thumbup:

On 9/20/2023 at 2:01 AM, _R_R_ said:

To boost sales of their other stuff, I bought a Jurassic Park set I was on the fence about just because the playground Pirate set was a GWP lol and as it's been mentioned classic fans won't be able to resist picking up anything classic related.

Aye, but that seems to be the case with quite a few of the new pirate sets. :pir-sceptic:

Nifty looking set! The raft, treasure cave, and minifigure somewhat remind me of 6248 Volcano Island from my childhood, although this cave opts for a shark motif instead of a skull motif, and doesn't appear to have any sort of erupting volcano function. Bit of a shame there, since the spring brick 77834 could potentially be a fitting replacement for the spring bricks used for the original function!

The red and black color scheme of the "fort" is a big departure from anything we'd seen in classic sets, but it does seem appropriately ominous for a pirate lair. And while the actual fort structure doesn't seem too impressive from this angle, I'm eager to get a better look at it once it's officially announced and/or when reviews start coming out. Certainly the footprint seems "deep" enough from front to back for there to be fun details that aren't visible from this angle, like maybe a dock for the raft or some supply barrels.

Naturally, there are some aspects of the Creator design language brick-built sail and pirate flag that won't fit in too well with sets like Barracuda Bay and Eldorado Fortress, but they are a small enough aspect of this set's appearance that they could easily be replaced or removed entirely if you wanted to use these models together in a shared layout.

Funny how they took arguably the worst Pirates sets of all time and remade it with a more decent structure. But as we all know, you can only polish a turd to a certain extent. Still, you have to admire their fervent dedication, and as such, I will definitely get it to see if they suceeded in their task. Digital images rarely do the set any justice and I prefer to judge it only by merits of having it standing there on my kitchen table.

9 hours ago, Akbalder said:

Is it supposed to look like a shark mouth?

Yeah, I guess so, kinda :pir-grin: 

On 10/1/2023 at 4:02 AM, thewatchman said:

i wonder when the offical image release is coming, I really wanna see the back of the set.

Not exactly the official ones, but here's an update on the box images provided on Insta by @brick_bae. The quality of those makes it somewhat possible to see the minifigure's faceprint + allows us to have a glimpse at what this set looks like from behind.

9 minutes ago, F1stzz said:

Not exactly the official ones, but here's an update on the box images provided on Insta by @brick_bae. The quality of those makes it somewhat possible to see the minifigure's faceprint + allows us to have a glimpse at what this set looks like from behind.

I just saw! 
 This set has actually grown on me a bit.

The tower build isn’t horrible and I quite like the face print, will try and get my hands on this!

21 minutes ago, thewatchman said:

I quite like the face print [...]

Yeah, it's great :pir-thumb:  I'm still not sure if it's a completely new one, but would be nice if it is.

23 minutes ago, thewatchman said:

[...] will try and get my hands on this!

@exabrickslegogo_ latest report on Insta (could be seen in their Stories) states that 40597 will come free with purchase over $100.

13 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

What's the color of the red? Dark red? I don't get it :pir_laugh2:

It definitely looks like a dark red, yup :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, F1stzz said:

Yeah, it's great :pir-thumb:  I'm still not sure if it's a completely new one, but would be nice if it is.

@exabrickslegogo_ latest report on Insta (could be seen in their Stories) states that 40597 will come free with purchase over $100.

It definitely looks like a dark red, yup :thumbup:

I think it is a new print, got some serious 1492 vibes from this set after seeing the back angle.

4 October, 2023

Click here for more details

The set has been officially named LEGO® 40597 Scary Pirate Island.

The new LEGO Creator set will be available from LEGO.com between October 13-22 with purchases (estimated) over US$100, although purchase thresholds and regional dates have not yet been officially confirmed.

This looks way better now that we have good pics. The shark rock is cool. The brick red & black tower seems like a color swap of Eldorado Fortress, swapping white for black to make it spooky or evil.

15 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Are that head and torso print new? I don't recognize them, and quite like them.

The torso seems to be the one from set 31109:

pi185.png

Trying to decide what to order to get this; there are plenty of sets I was going to get eventually, but none that I'm particularly excited about...