10 hours ago, Oh_Hi_Mao said:

42170 has only 643 (less than NASCAR Camaro) pieces but the price is 80 bucks. It can be a small pneumatic set

That would be really cool! Maybe reintroducing the medium cylinder with the V2 inlet? 47224c01.t1.png

11 hours ago, Oh_Hi_Mao said:

42170 has only 643 (less than NASCAR Camaro) pieces but the price is 80 bucks. It can be a small pneumatic set

I doubt it. The Nascar Camaro scale cars such as the Senna, Bolide and Huracan have a great price to part ratio because a significant number of them are small parts. The last pneumatic set they released only had 835 pieces and costs €120 or $150 (from LEGO). 

I think it’s a bike in Ducati scale. The price and part count are very similar.

15 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Again another 1:10 scale car with set 42171  - 1642 pcs for $219.99 ... It seems that this series is very popular. Every year a new model for higher price

Wouldn't mind a Toyota hypercar to go next to the Peugeot

Hopefully all this space Technic, and the 60th Anniversary of the fires Lego space set, foreshadows a new Technic Space Shuttle in August 2024.

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Something like this

Or have wheels from 42158 - NASA Mars Rover Perseverance?

4 hours ago, 1gor said:

Or have wheels from 42158 - NASA Mars Rover Perseverance?

I definitely think they will reuse those wheels in some of the space sets.

12 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I can't imagine what a Space Wheel Loader would look like. Google doesnt return any meaningful results.

It would be amazing if it was accidentally similar to a vehicle from Moon (2009 movie) or Prometheus. In fact, they’d have to try pretty hard to make something I’d hate

Sorry I'm late to the 2024 party. Names alone are hard to get a feel of how excited I should be. A space wheel loader would probably look similar to an Earth wheel loader in white I guess, with different proportions maybe. Maybe it could be autonomous and without a cab? Hmmmm. I doubt a real life one would be solar powered as it would work slower than wind erosion! But as real life ones don't exist yet I guess it'll be a futuristic design. The VTOL space cargo ship also sounds futuristic and also slightly humorous to me, I mean, is there such a thing as a space ship that isn't VTOL?! But with all these space sets I wonder if this is a whole new subtheme like the arctic sets. As much as a space shuttle could be really great, the existence of future concepts on this lineup kinda makes me doubt it a little bit, but who knows, maybe in Legos world of the future the space shuttle still flies! Oh, and one other thing, space sub theme? Technic minifigures?!

@ralphie Moon is a fantastic movie, if you haven't seen the film Sunshine I'd also check that out.

Edited by allanp

52 minutes ago, allanp said:

The VTOL space cargo ship also sounds futuristic and also slightly humorous to me, I mean, is there such a thing as a space ship that isn't VTOL?!

The space shuttle for example, which is VTOHL. But you are asking "IS", not "WAS", so strictly speaking are you right :laugh:

I like the inclusion of an orrery, but two things crossed my mind: will we get new gears with that, and how the gears will be colored? Will they use the black 16t from the Pac-Man set and recolor some to be monochrome or will it be a colorful gears of war?

While I won't be getting the space sets myself, it is good to see Lego branch out of their recent trend of vehicles.

My wallet will appreciate the lack of cars and bikes at the beginning of 2024

23 hours ago, allanp said:

is there such a thing as a space ship that isn't VTOL?!

Boeing X-37, Northrop Grumman Pegasus, Dream Chaser, maybe sometime in the future Skylon.

Very excited for the orrery!

1 hour ago, Davidz90 said:

Boeing X-37, Northrop Grumman Pegasus, Dream Chaser, maybe sometime in the future Skylon.

Very excited for the orrery!

I was thinking more manned vehicles to outer space but yes you are right, and thanks for sharing :thumbup:

10 hours ago, Jockos said:

I like the inclusion of an orrery, but two things crossed my mind: will we get new gears with that, and how the gears will be colored? Will they use the black 16t from the Pac-Man set and recolor some to be monochrome or will it be a colorful gears of war?

Good question. Would we prefer a colourful mess inside a sleek all black shell or would we prefer all black gears and so on, so we can see all the gear trains working whilst not being an ugly mess. I think I'd prefer the latter, perhaps the only time I'd advocate for actually all black, to match the black backdrop of space and even the invisible forces of gravity that hold the planets in orbit. Alternatively it could be a purposely decorative and ornate mechanism, but that sorta brings to mind creator rather than Technic.

Edited by allanp

Just did a sketch and I think the 42168 John Deere will have the medium (81 mm) and small (56 mm) tractor tire. Even though the steering wheels are smaller than the original, it will work and the 559 parts will be enough. My Volvo LM 841 has the same config and only 460 pieces, while having a longer wheelbase and is 2 studs wider.

Test-John-Deere.gif

@Jundis that wheel / tire combination is most plausible and there is also high enough variety of green technic parts for this size. 

14 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

All of this is assuming that the set list is real, of course.

True true. We have had inaccurate set lists in the past when they have been this early.

For a VTOL spaceship I’d think of something like the one in Prometheus. Where the engines rotate between vertical take off and forward flight. They could even add a mechanism to enable it to grab the loader to be like a “drop ship”

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

For a VTOL spaceship I’d think of something like the one in Prometheus. Where the engines rotate between vertical take off and forward flight. They could even add a mechanism to enable it to grab the loader to be like a “drop ship”

I'd love to have something which is in scale and compatable to one another! Lego did this earlier in some star wars sets I think...

5 hours ago, Jundis said:

I'd love to have something which is in scale and compatable to one another! Lego did this earlier in some star wars sets I think...

They did it with the arctic sets, maybe this is something similar?

Looks like The Lego Company is joining TC25 too, even though quite belatedly.

Because the Polybag for Technic 2024 is 30682 NASA Mars Rover Perseverance.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

55 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Looks like The Lego Company is joining TC25 too, even though quite belatedly.

Because the Polybag for Technic 2024 is 30682 NASA Mars Rover Perseverance.

I know even more space stuff!

a mini Perseverance would be good … definitely a miss from TC25