The new hyper car is going to be old school - the Pontiac Aztec.

I'll leave now....

23 minutes ago, Lego Tom said:

the Pontiac Aztec

Ah dang it, I was rooting for a Fiat Multipla!

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

No, that one's too classy. I meant the modern one, the most beautiful car ever known to humanity and beyond.

I see; @Maaboo the Witch sarcasm is spreading. That is good thing.

6 hours ago, AVCampos said:

No, that one's too classy. I meant the modern one, the most beautiful car ever known to humanity and beyond.

Those curves should at least be relatively easy to replicate with technic.

6 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Also known as the terrifying six-eyed spider car... It's so cool I wanna buy it just for its headlights!

Honestly, I think the senna or the F1 are more iconic cars. I'd prefer to see a senna in the right colors to some new car. But a purple artura would be cool purely for the purple panels.

If the Volvo FMX in 42175 is a flatbed truck, then I reckon the front of the box is gonna show it and the EC230 separately, with the excavator loaded onto the truck on the back of the box.

It's also possible that it's the front that shows the excavator loaded onto the truck, according to the precedent set by 8872.

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

It's also possible that it's the front that shows the excavator loaded onto the truck, according to the precedent set by 8872.

True. But I'd think it'd make more sense to show off both vehicles fully up front, then a rear shot of the truck would display the whole "transporter" thing better.

But who knows at this point.

5 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

True. But I'd think it'd make more sense to show off both vehicles fully up front, then a rear shot of the truck would display the whole "transporter" thing better.

But who knows at this point.

Or they could do what they did with the 8480 box, and show it from above and behind....for some reason! 

So according to Brick Clicker 42177 will be a Mercedes G500 4x4. Piece count and price remains the same.

Posted (edited)

So, this.

165393269462950296952eb_img-6297-large.j

But, wait! Let's get Victor Meldrew's take.

bxkCM4VU_400x400.jpg

"Absolutely bloody hideous!"

Edited by Maaboo the Witch

If it is a G wagon be first time a Technic model will be curvier than the real thing :grin:

If its a G wagon then it will save me AUD700. So ugly, so pointless, so driven by people with more money than sense.

I'd be surprised, its quite the pivot from four super/hyper-cars in a row to that Chelsea tractor.

1 hour ago, derekthetree said:

If its a G wagon then it will save me AUD700. So ugly, so pointless, so driven by people with more money than sense.

I'd be surprised, its quite the pivot from four super/hyper-cars in a row to that Chelsea tractor.

The supercar is a different set that will also be released this year, (it's a McLaren), this is a secondary set and its quite bit too! :)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

So according to Brick Clicker 42177 will be a Mercedes G500 4x4.

2 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

So, this.

If it would be this, done properly on the inside, that could be fantastic, because that seems like the G500 4x4 Squared, lifted on two portal live axles, has 3 locking differentials and a mean stance. I would definitely dig that technically. I could even say I like how this version looks, even though I don't like G-wagons in general.

Mercedes-Benz-G500-4x4-Squared-wheel-det

But no, let's be realistic, we are not getting that. It's not really about pursuing realistic functions nowadays, it's all about the looks.. Okay, we got new gearbox parts, so those may end up in this as well.

So I guess we'll get a standard version. Standard independent front suspension, simple live axle rear. If we are lucky we get a proper 4-link in the back, not just a fake one with the ball joint, including maybe a locking differential, maybe both rear and center (that's what the standard version has). Looking something like this:

2024_mercedes-benz_g-class_4dr-suv_amg-g

Now on the looks, I wonder how much effort they make for the wheel arches and the wheels. My first guess would be that they just recolor the Defender's fenders (which are overly wide and ruined the whole looks of the Defender), or just brick build it from connectors (would not look that good, but the Zetros had it too). But getting such blocky fender pieces would be great. Also, I hope they'd use thinner wheels. The Audi wheel width would look better on this than the Defender's. But that can't go with the bigger deep rims, nor can any other slimmer tire (those rims are too wide for that). Maybe we get new rims, but I would not be surprised if they just reused the Defender's wide wheels.

Let's see..

Edited by gyenesvi

Should be an interesting set! Hopefully there's some drivetrain/suspension complexity in there.

I really liked the idea of the Defender, so if this manages to be an improved version of that, I'd be into that! Especially since it's got a solid rear axle, which would be more interesting to see than the Defender's independent rear. A 4x4 Squared one (Or even one of their 6x6 models?) would be cool, but yeah, that's less likely.

It's not my favorite car out there--street-styled ones just seem so pointless, but it shouldn't be too hard to mod one to look more like one of the older, more honest, and actually utilitarian variants, like this one:

795px-Mercedes_G-Klasse_Edition_Pur_2009

Now I see. 42180 mars crew rover bring portal axle hub after 3 years.(last release is 2021 in tumbler) But 42180's hub is empty so I'm curious why TLG use it on there but now I know they will use it on benz G wagen.

Unlike the hopeless supercar sets, the G-Wagon at least stands a chance to look fine in a Lego form thanks to its boxy shape, like the Defender. Not that I'm interested to getting that one either, just saying.

I don't know if the G Wagon is such a great addition tbh. Remember, you can just rebuild the Zetros into a remote controlled one (cudos to @grohl) and save on cash. I suspect, it will be just a static version like the Defender and pretty much the same size, but with a hefty +70€ price increase. If it was RC, then we'd start at min. 300€.

From Jay Ong's Brick:

LEGO’S 2023 FINANCIAL RESULTS DEMONSTRATE SLOWING GROWTH AS SALES STAGNATE, AND PROFITS DECLINE TO PRE-PANDEMIC LEVELS

This might explain the lack of yuge 500$ C+ flagship for this year. And I hope TLG get rid of that kind of flagship altogether. Give me the 250$ ones like the Volvo. Occasional 300$ flagships is okay, but only occasional.

13 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

So, this.

Goddamn, personally, this thing is gorgeous. I hope Lego will go with this lime-ish yellow color (if it doesn't exist already):

undefined