Or it is possible that we NEVER ever get more space sets :/

We have now 1 TIME opportunity to show for TLG - let's buy all of them from everywhere. We might get even own "space" -subtheme... which appears in different main themes.

Here's a different perspective and presentation about the 3 new Space sets, focusing mostly on the features and the new parts:

Yes there is at least 3 YouTubers which have all a bit different videos. After every video I just want to see those sets LIVE! I hope there is a way make cockpit for 2 minifigures, 2 seats. 

Space Technic... not bad, but too childish sets and functions, including the mimic sound of Space shuttle 😄😄😄definitely NOT FOR ME, i will wait for the Final Wave to come, don't disappoint me Lego Technic Designer! 

4 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Space Technic... not bad, but too childish sets and functions, including the mimic sound of Space shuttle 😄😄😄definitely NOT FOR ME, i will wait for the Final Wave to come, don't disappoint me Lego Technic Designer! 

the suspension on the big crew ship isnt so simple. as for too childish functions, perhaps, but we grow old because we stop playing, not the other way round :)

If you say those sets are childish then you haven't heard designers at all. NASA rover was developed with NASA and TLG together. Those 2 models represent "near" future. AND this time many of us lego fans try to connect "normal" lego and lego minifigures with these sets. Amazing stuff!

11 hours ago, Jockos said:

I bet we'll get 1 or 2 more compatible sets for summer to go along with these.

I sure hope so!

6 hours ago, Dylan M said:

Space Technic... not bad, but too childish sets and functions, including the mimic sound of Space shuttle 😄😄😄

I would say the exact opposite - finally we have some childish playsets in the Technic theme that have more than 300 pieces, and not just licensed vehicles with basic functionality. And swooshing sounds are obligatory while you play with them ;)  

19 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I would say the exact opposite - finally we have some childish playsets in the Technic theme that have more than 300 pieces, and not just licensed vehicles with basic functionality. And swooshing sounds are obligatory while you play with them ;)  

I could not agree more :thumbup:

Those interviews are cool, good to have some insights into the design process!

I'm curious about the new short beam mentioned in the long interview. Any clues? I don't think there are that many possibilities for a new short beam. I'm holding my fingers crossed for a 4L beam or a short flip-flop one :D

"Compatible" brands (not sure if it's CaDa) have beams with longitudinally-placed pins on their tips, but I don't think LEGO will make that kind of stuff. I'd bet (and hope) more on shorter lengths of flip-flop beams.

Operating all functions with a single hand... while swooshing!!! at full speed. That's my piece of cake. The space series can only get better now. Looking forward to seeing motorized sets [although I doubt that, it's a nice opportunity

1 hour ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

I'm actually hoping for licensed Mars sets! I'd love a Volvo drilling vehicle or suchlike.

Great that you mention Volvo! We should get one in summer as we usually in every 2 years. So it's quite possible after the Zeux.

7 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Great that you mention Volvo! We should get one in summer as we usually in every 2 years. So it's quite possible after the Zeux.

But there was unfortunately no Volvo in 2022 to complete this. 2014, 2016, 2018 and the last one 2020

These space sets are first half sets, where my tolerance for childishness and lack of realism is somewhat higher. If they were second half sets I'd be more disappointed. But actually liking something and merely tolerating it are two different things. I know why I like the orrery, but I'm not sure why I like the other Technic space sets. I just kinda do!

6 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

42167 is technically a Volvo set, seeing as Mack is a Volvo brand.

But in 2018 we had both Mack (Anthem) and Volvo (Zeux)

6 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

42167 is technically a Volvo set, seeing as Mack is a Volvo brand.

Okay, but I don't think many people know it (me neither up until now). And seeing the brand's logo they might not think (or even care) about what the parent company is.

32 minutes ago, 1gor said:

But in 2018 we had both Mack (Anthem) and Volvo (Zeux)

Yes. Both technically Volvo sets.

24 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Okay, but I don't think many people know it (me neither up until now). And seeing the brand's logo they might not think (or even care) about what the parent company is.

Well, knowing is half the battle.

I can’t wait for the day I have to decide do I swoosh my Ornithopter or my VTOL … and I’m not joking.

Im a big space fan in general (not just Lego) so to get such an influx of space stuff is great for me. I also like that these are all original models and not licenced sets. Sets in my pre-dark ages weren’t licenced so I’m glad for this. Good to see some creativity 

Those new space sets are soooo refreshing!

Hope they will resurrect technic figures to match seats used.

11 minutes ago, Mikdun said:

Those new space sets are soooo refreshing!

Hope they will resurrect technic figures to match seats used.

These sets seem minifig scale though.