snaillad

MOC: The Metropolitan club

Hello fellow EB members, its been a while but I finally started building again and have put this together in the last couple of months:

The Metropolitan club - A 30's inspired bar and nightspot with elements from Art-Deco, streamline and some decopunk fantasy too. A few images to share;

52938799670_b95a768400_c.jpg

52938557554_d981f0cc99_c.jpg

52937811652_dee4afee12_c.jpg

They are also hosted on my flickr below;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

I'll try to answer as best any comments on building techniques or any feedback!

Regards

Andrew

The van is really interesting. Can you provide a picture with the van in the focus?

That is really amazing, looks fantastic! The building is stunning, but I must agree that the van is the real masterpiece here. It's so smooth!

On 5/30/2023 at 9:48 PM, HDHell said:

The van is really interesting. Can you provide a picture with the van in the focus?

Thanks, hopefully this may help somewhat;

52943943588_786214a308_c.jpg

On 5/31/2023 at 8:59 AM, Crazy bricks said:

That is really amazing, looks fantastic! The building is stunning, but I must agree that the van is the real masterpiece here. It's so smooth!

Thank you, it'd be even better if I had the windshield piece to fill the gap! :D It's on order!

5 hours ago, jalemac34 said:

Nice work. I guess that the cocktail is quite expensive here ;)

It's prohibition era so its just tap water in fancy bottles! :D

On 6/1/2023 at 9:49 PM, snaillad said:

It's prohibition era so its just tap water in fancy bottles! :D

Yeah, this club is too grand, dazzling and conspicious to be a Speakeasy anyway.

Fantastic build!!!

Hope you can put up the instructions one day... would be great to build and house all those retro minifigs!

Wonderful MOC! It's sooo 1920's :wub: !

Brilliant color scheme for this era as well and an extraordinary curtain/wall deco, too! I like it all the way. Well deserved frontpage! :thumbup:

As always, an amazing model. Love all those little details, truly a fine Art Deco (I think :grin:) example. Outstanding job! :pir-thumb:

Absolutely impressive! :excited:
The external facade has a beautiful 60s architecture! :wub:
Even the interior adheres to the style of the time, the use of the gate as decoration of the bar is perfect! :pir-huzzah2:

This is fab, with some real neat touches to create the 30s Vibe.  I assume it’s not modular compatible as the base appears 100% SNOT.  Makes for a nice clean finish though.  

Congrats on the home page link too.  well deserved.

Wow that is a stunning build, so many great details. Van is also splendid!

On 6/3/2023 at 6:36 PM, hikouki said:

Fantastic build!!!

Hope you can put up the instructions one day... would be great to build and house all those retro minifigs!

Thank you, sadly no instructions as I don't design using them. Nothing finishes how I intended when I start a project :D

23 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Wonderful MOC! It's sooo 1920's :wub: !

Brilliant color scheme for this era as well and an extraordinary curtain/wall deco, too! I like it all the way. Well deserved frontpage! :thumbup:

21 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

As always, an amazing model. Love all those little details, truly a fine Art Deco (I think :grin:) example. Outstanding job! :pir-thumb:

14 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Wow, this has really got style. The future has been re-invented! *oh2*

Thank you, Art-Deco is my favorite style to replicate!

14 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Absolutely impressive! :excited:
The external facade has a beautiful 60s architecture! :wub:
Even the interior adheres to the style of the time, the use of the gate as decoration of the bar is perfect! :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks! the gates I had intended to use all along. They kind of look like bird wings which is commonplace from the 1920's and 1930's - especially motifs and jewellery.

10 hours ago, jus1973 said:

This is fab, with some real neat touches to create the 30s Vibe.  I assume it’s not modular compatible as the base appears 100% SNOT.  Makes for a nice clean finish though.  

Congrats on the home page link too.  well deserved.

Yeah sadly not one for modulars, its a wedge design, the exterior shape fits around the interior snugly so the sidewalk/pavement wouldn't like up right. Could probably be modified for a square corner design. Glad you like it!

1 hour ago, JopieK said:

Wow that is a stunning build, so many great details. Van is also splendid!

Thanks, I originally intended to made a sedan style vehicle but got fed up of failed attempts. The van was merely an easier cop out!

22 hours ago, LordsofMedieval said:

Does the interior slide into the exterior, or are they totally separate builds?

The color scheme is very interesting.

The exterior fits around the interior, The are not permanently attached but can be with a few tiles.

Some top work as usual @snaillad! Often wonder what you are planning in the time between you sharing your creations with us and always look forward to seeing what you’ve been building. I’d like to visit this bar!

Edited by lifeinplastic

Hello, I love so much the association of colour, this is truly one of the best model of a building I have seen so far. The shapes combined with the choices of colours are really captivating, great architecture artwork (whatever the technics employed).

Nice, all that looks luxurious/retro/gorgeous

We can feel the atmosphere of that era