JunglePoster04png.png.b85b6813135c06a02a21cf373151fda5.png

Category A - Great Adventure: Build an adventure on a maximum 48x48 footprint. This can be an epic rebuild of an old set, a new location in a past adventure or a whole new challenge for Johnny Thunder and friends. Treasures, rivals, monsters and ruins; even after 25 years, the Adventurers are ready! While original figures or the obvious callback minifigs from more recent themes are not necessary, the figures at least have to be recognisable as Johnny Thunder and co. The prize up for grabs is 150 Euro to spend on LEGO sets on the LEGO online shop.

Rules Recap: 

No clone brands but custom figure parts/prints are acceptable.

Digital entries are only accepted for the Ride to Adventure category.

This must be a new MOC or otherwise significantly different to previously posted builds- For example, a nice statue build already shared can form an element of the new MOC, likewise a desk/bookshelf design. As long as it is not the main or largest part of the contest entry, recycling is allowed within reason. 

If a vehicle is present as part of the larger categories, it cannot be entered into the Ride to Adventure category.

The Great Adventure and From the Office of builds do not have to be assembled onto a baseplate, but must demonstrably be within the stipulated footprint. A scale shot has to be included extra to the entry photos that shows the footprint (ruler, plates, outline. Anything that can be used to prove the MOC sits within the required footprint for the category).

Reasonable overhang is limited to incidental points no more than 4 studs over the boundary. A tree branch, flagpole or other small features.

Hight limit can be defined if it must, but for now it simply has to be a stable build that does not topple.

Entries are to be posted in their own thread with up to three photos to showcase the MOC, not inclusive of the scale photo if required. Further photos can be shared in the MOC thread, indicated to be extra to the chosen entry pictures. A link for your Category A thread must then be shared here in order to be considered for the contest. 

Entries posted until 0:00 on 18/08/2023 will be eligible to enter. 

Discussion on the rules can take place Here.

Entries may be frontpaged or shared on social media to promote the contest.

Welcome to Camelback Manor, the assisted living facility where Johnny Thunder and Sam Sinister spice up their golden years with thrilling adventures!

On this particular day, the grand event was a high-stakes Monopoly game, with a scrumptious cake as the ultimate prize. As luck would have it, Johnny emerged as the victor, playing fair and square. But lo and behold, Sam Sinister, being his mischievous self, had a different opinion. He dramatically points his hook at Johnny, accusing him of cheating with a twinkle in his eye.

In a delightful twist, the whole retirement community bursts into laughter, knowing that Sam's accusations hold no weight. However, little does Sam know, Johnny's wheelchair has been secretly modified with turbo boosters, courtesy of their mischievous grandkids. As Sam puffs out his chest, ready to challenge Johnny, our wheeled hero zooms away at lightning speed, leaving Sam in his dust, grinning from ear to ear.

And so, the Monopoly game might have ended, but the race for retirement glory has just begun at Camelback Manor!

53006467630_066c9a87dd_c.jpg

No cake for Sam Sinister by Gregory Coquelz, on Flickr

53008170023_8482c76d88_c.jpg

Johnny Thunder (retired) by Gregory Coquelz, on Flickr

Link to the MOC thread: 

Edited by Yatkuu

Love this. Everything is perfect in execution. Love the easter eggs like the T-rex head and the Anubis wall sconce.

This is hilarious, haven't seen a set like this one before, super unique and on point at the same time :D

On 6/27/2023 at 7:38 PM, Yatkuu said:

Welcome to Camelback Manor, the assisted living facility where Johnny Thunder and Sam Sinister spice up their golden years with thrilling adventures!

You've not posted a link to your thread Yatkuu. Could you put one in so this entry can be considered for voting (before the contest closes!) 

A link for your Category A thread must then be shared here in order to be considered for the contest. 

Maybe check your other entry posts also have the right links too :wink:

Here is my submission for Category A of the contest! I'm unsure of which time zone the deadline was under but hopefully I'm not too late!

For my build, I decided to do a redux of one of my favorite sets as a kid; The Temple of Mount Everest! For the story, we find Johnny Thunder and his friend Sherpa racing Sam Sinister to the Temple of Mount Everest where a golden sword is rumored to be guarded. This build is a snap shot of action where Johnny and Sherpa have been separated by a bombing from Sinister's biplane. Will Johnny and Sherpa be able to help the temple guard in protecting the golden sword, or will Sam Sinister add a new relic to his collection? 

Let me know if there is any issue viewing the photos, this contest is my first time showing my work here!

Here is the photo collection on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/198968351@N03/

And here is a link to the thread:

Edited by Captain_Brick_Sparrow

Hello everybody,

here is my entry to the contest, a swamp temple. Please let me know whether there are any issues...

Good luck to all!