Sign in to follow this  
LordDan

GoH 10 A: Visiting Cedrica

Dan takes a trip to Cedrica for the first time, and spends some time exploring the glorious capital of Historica ( and enjoying the food and beer too!)

52787015263_78717f07a5_h.jpg

52786795669_d230c92606_h.jpg

52786563951_c3e4f0ce7c_h.jpg

Throughout this section of the city are several buildings and shops, such as a herbalist, a shop that sells glassware/cups, a dwarf from Mitgardia serving the finest ales, a food merchant, and a outpost of the city watch.

52786790334_4008966d74_h.jpg

Here is the interior of the glassware shop:

52786555076_a04ecf075f_h.jpg

There is also a small interior in the guardhouse with some spears and supplies and such, but I forgot to take a picture of it :laugh:

I also spent alot of time incorporating lights into this build and running wires throughout, and I'm pretty happy with the result!

52786557806_f684487674_h.jpg

52786557801_5c7f57e782_h.jpg

Wow what a build! I love your texture for the buildings and they are so well composed as a unit. Nice colors and also some really neat details such as the vine for the blue building and spots of green in the water! And then, let there be lights! Great stuff

Edited by T-86(swe)

Very nice district with different buildings. I like the half-timbered house very much. Really great to see the residents at work.

Whoa, you have some really bold color choices here!  I'm impressed how well they all work together, but they do.  The color blocking is pretty dramatic, but draws some great distinctions between buildings.  Love the staircase with the SNOT rail!  I think the bard is playing his violin backwards.... :laugh:  The vine looks good, and that blue and tan building is really spectacular.  The glass store looks good, neat and orderly as you'd expect from a place with fragile merchandise, and the olive leafed tree looks very natural.  The dwarven beer seller is great (EclipseGrafx beers?) and the canoe with the gold trim looks sharp.  I like the mushroom seller too. The bright green under the water is an interesting choice, but definitely makes it look like some organic matter is just below the surface.  Great job, and I am enjoying seeing all your builds!

The tan with the light blue really pops along with the purple roof on the other building.  Some really nice detailing on the exterior of the buildings especially on the grey tower.  The tree looks great.  All the figs look great, and the canoe/gondola is a neat design. 

I really like the tan/blue combo with all the details :thumbup:
Good job adding lighting in some places too!

On 4/2/2023 at 1:12 AM, T-86(swe) said:

Wow what a build! I love your texture for the buildings and they are so well composed as a unit. Nice colors and also some really neat details such as the vine for the blue building and spots of green in the water! And then, let there be lights! Great stuff

On 4/2/2023 at 9:43 AM, NOD said:

Very nice district with different buildings. I like the half-timbered house very much. Really great to see the residents at work.

Thanks guys!

On 4/2/2023 at 12:03 PM, Grover said:

Whoa, you have some really bold color choices here!  I'm impressed how well they all work together, but they do.  The color blocking is pretty dramatic, but draws some great distinctions between buildings.  Love the staircase with the SNOT rail!  I think the bard is playing his violin backwards.... :laugh:  The vine looks good, and that blue and tan building is really spectacular.  The glass store looks good, neat and orderly as you'd expect from a place with fragile merchandise, and the olive leafed tree looks very natural.  The dwarven beer seller is great (EclipseGrafx beers?) and the canoe with the gold trim looks sharp.  I like the mushroom seller too. The bright green under the water is an interesting choice, but definitely makes it look like some organic matter is just below the surface.  Great job, and I am enjoying seeing all your builds!

Thanks Grover! I've been building up my supply of cool colored pieces every chance I get to build stuff like this. And I guess that's a major Oops on the bard, I didn't realize violins were played the opposite way :laugh: . Yea the beers are from EclipseGrafx, I saw them at Brickfair at just had to get a few.

19 hours ago, zoth33 said:

The tan with the light blue really pops along with the purple roof on the other building.  Some really nice detailing on the exterior of the buildings especially on the grey tower.  The tree looks great.  All the figs look great, and the canoe/gondola is a neat design. 

Thanks Zoth!

8 hours ago, Gideon said:

I really like the tan/blue combo with all the details :thumbup:
Good job adding lighting in some places too!

Thanks Gideon! I was really happy with the blue and tan building, I was almost considering taking it out of this build and making it into it's own larger building.

Beautiful, you really nailed the medieval fantasy style! The blue building is my favorite, love the use of those curved parts! Also dig the way you converted the canoe into a gondola. 

Edited by W Navarre

The purple roof here is great--all the colors are really, and I love the tudor section, smooth job on the angles!  The touch of gold to turn the canoe into a gondola is clever too!

Super cool technique for the stone corner detailing on the tallest tower :thumbup:
Very neat timber framing on the house, with the three beams under the roof-line being my favorite section :wub:
Nifty little vine using the brown whip and olive stems too.

Great MOC!  I really like the water and stonework at the base level.  The bright blue and tan building stands out - great use of color and the plants around it work well too.  The tavern looks great, especially the second story.  Great wattle and daub techniques!

Awesome, so colorful as well and it flows together perfectly. Plenty of details as well. I like the use of cloth, nicely placed. The upgrade of that canoe is amazing as well, never thought of doing that! And that shot with the lights is just magical!

Lovely build, Dan! Impressive stone technique indeed, and (correct me if I'm wrong) impressive how you emulated the Cedrican style from Ecc's builds, for the tower and quays. The quarter circle tile decoration is a great return motif throughout. I like the double awning a lot, also matches really well with the soldiers and red and white flag! Furthermore, awesome tudor house, it's got good depth of architectural features thanks to SNOT and half-stud insets, and nice shading in the wall, cozy windows with plants, and beautiful lighting! The little pier is a neat touch. Not 100% if I like the Kali building in this context, but I like it by itself (concave slopes, nice!). Lastly, I dig the figs! Especially the red orc/demon girl with the drumstick, and the white-haired mage. :wink: 

Cheers man! :thumbup::thumbup:

The grey tower has some interesting texture/stonework techniques that I really want to see on a larger scale MOC!  Love the half-timber building here as well and your embellishments to the basic canoe piece to make it something special are awesome.

The blue and tan building is sort of jarring to me as it's such a departure in style and color from the rest of the build, but it also falls in line with the "Ninjago City but Castle" prompt so it makes sense.

Lighting is awesome as others have stated too.  I need to get some for MOCs!