Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Not super jazzed that Jiminy will end up in the same scale as Pinocchio. But I LOVE to see Ernesto and Miguel listed. Hoping to see a nice big chonky Baymax similar to some of the "costume" characters that Lego has been doing in the CMF line.

17 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

This also seems to confirm that one of the Disney Classic Animation sets will be Alice in Wonderland themed because of the Mad Hatter hat we saw earlier. Hopefully this means that set will include some other Alice characters like the March Hare, Dormouse, or White Rabbit.

I hope we get a set for Alice, but the top hat in the teaser could be for Jiminy Cricket or Facilier.

My thoughts on all of these:

• Oswald: makes perfect sense as an anniversary figure, and after his upcoming debut as a BrickHead it was kind of inevitable :laugh: 
  • Pinocchio & Jiminy: some of the most iconic characters of the golden era, goes without saying. Love the inclusion of the goldfish!
  • Sorcerer’s Apprentice: no surprise, but still a welcome one! This one was on everyone’s lists for good reason
  • Tiana & Facilier: So stoked for these two!! Facilier is easily one of my favourite Disney villains with a great song to boot
  • Queen of Hearts: Excellent companion to the Wonderland figures in Series 1
  • Aurora: Finally! So nice to see them finally include animal sidekicks
  • Mulan: Perfect choice, even though I would’ve preferred Mushu as the accessory
  • Ernesto & Miguel: Fantastic choice, as Coco is one of my absolute favourite Pixar movie :wub:
  • Pocahontas: Another good one! Would‘ve like Meeko though
  • Cruella: Another one everybody expected :laugh: Glad they include a dalmatian, wonder which one it is
  • Robin & John: Classic movie, and it‘s nice to see more anthropomorphic animal representation (outside of the mice and ducks I mean)
  • Stitch: Would‘ve preferred Lilo, but I like the idea very much!
  • Baymax: YES
  • Evil Queen: Perfect choice! Makes you wonder where Snow White is… :oh:

If this list turns out to be fake, this will be the start of my villain origin story. My fury will be unleashed, and the evildoers will not escape my wrath. Be prepaaaaaared

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 minutes ago, strangely said:

I hope we get a set for Alice, but the top hat in the teaser could be for Jiminy Cricket or Facilier.

That's true. Although Facilier's hat has a skull symbol on the front. The silver hat in the leaked image has a small logo or buckle on the side which is missing on Jiminy's hat as well. Only the Mad Hatter has a card logo on one side of his hat.

8 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

That's true. Although Facilier's hat has a skull symbol on the front. The silver hat in the leaked image has a small logo or buckle on the side which is missing on Jiminy's hat as well. Only the Mad Hatter has a card logo on one side of his hat.

That‘s because it‘s an existing part, originally introduced for The Penguin in the TLBM sets. I wouldn‘t read too deeply into that.

Also, the catalogue was officially released, it wasn’t a leak :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

7 minutes ago, JeanGreyForever said:

It's a buckle, it's part of that mold.

2 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That‘s because it‘s an existing part, originally introduced for The Penguin in the TLBM sets. I wouldn‘t read too deeply into that.

Also, the catalogue was officially released, it wasn’t a leak :laugh:

2 minutes ago, strangely said:

It's a buckle, it's part of that mold.

Oh ok. Then yeah, it doesn't necessarily correspond to the Mad Hatter then.

52 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Cruella: Another one everybody expected :laugh: Glad they include a dalmatian, wonder which one it is

Well if they go for an adult dog it has to be Pongo or Perdita. But if they decided on a puppy (possible considering they finally made that leap with the Police Dog Training set) there are several more options (my vote would be for Lucky but I’m horribly biased). Either way we’re probably looking at a new dog mold, which is exciting it itself. 

Oh wow, this list sounds exactly like everything we wanted and even better. Oswald is definitely going to be my favourite, sorcerer Mickey was about time, it was a very long wait xD. And so many villains. Now pretty much all that's missing for House of Villains is Pete. Did not expect to see Robin Hood, which is a very nice surprise. Also very happy with Cruella, so glad she comes with a Dalmatian, wouldn't feel complete without it. Funny to see how we are getting minifigure pocahontas before minidoll. Another Stitch is a weird inclusion, especially since we still don't have Lilo, but I'm not complaining, I guess he has become such a big icon at this point that he simply had to be included. I wonder if he's in his orange suit or naked again.

I do hope this list is real. Fantastic to get 6 new villains on the roster, a slew of new movies covered, and only two revisited characters!

2 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Has Baymax ever had a hoverboard? Or do they mean he'll have his red suit?

It could just be that something got mixed up in translation, like calling Oswald the “funny rabbit” instead of “Lucky Rabbit”. I’m guessing they’re referring to his wings?

Anyway, I’m very excited to have this list. I’ve loved collecting the previous Disney series (crazy to think that the first one is now seven years old) so I’m glad to finally have another one. I’m pleasantly surprised that they went back to 18 figures a series for this one.

Here are my thoughts:

• Oswald: One of my favorite Disney Animation characters. I’m glad to see the guy get some time in the spotlight this year. I’ve been clamoring for an Oswald minifig for several years now, so I’m so excited to finally be getting one.
  • Pinocchio and Jiminy: I finally got around to watching the full movie for the first time last month, so I’m glad to get these. I wonder if they’ll try to do something like what they did for the Series 23 Snowman so that they can get Pinocchio’s growing nose. It’s a bit odd to me that Jiminy will be the same size, if not a little taller due to most likely having a molded head. Maybe a baby or micro fig would have been better.
  • Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey: I’ve been calling this for a while, glad to see I was right! Very excited to get this iconic version of the character.
  • Tiana and Facilier: I really like Princess and the Frog, so I’m happy to be getting these two. Kinda wish we were able to get at least Naveen, and preferably also Ray and Louie, represented here somehow.
  • Queen of Hearts: An interesting choice I suppose. Kinda odd that she got included over some other characters but she’ll make for a good figure I’m sure.
  • Aurora: Good to get another minifigure princess here! 
  • Mulan: One of my favorite Disney protagonists, I’m very excited to get her in minifig form. We should have gotten Mushu with her though, maybe they could have saved Cri-Kee to go with a Li Shang figure.
  • Miguel and Ernesto: A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!
  • Pocahontas: Glad to get another Disney princess represented in minifig form. To my understanding, Pocahontas has never been represented in Lego form at all.
  • Cruella: A nice iconic villain inclusion, and the dalmation will be nice to get. I guess people will have to buy a hundred more copies of this CMF to get the full cast.
  • Robin Hood and Prince John: Robin Hood’s an interesting inclusion, but Prince John? There’s so many other characters they could’ve chosen instead of him, as he’s relatively obscure these days.
  • Stitch: I might prefer this version of Stitch even over the standard “naked” one, so I’m excited to get him. I wonder how the yellow ray guns will look, and I assume he’ll use the underused Rio Durant arms. (Which will hopefully also be used for a Greez Dritus figure this year…)
  • Baymax: I think doing him as a normal minifigure might be a bit too undersized, but I’m very excited to see the character in Lego form nonetheless.
  • Evil Queen: An odd choice, and a bit redundant with the Queen of Hearts also included here.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with the series despite some odd inclusions and omissions. I think it’s weird that they chose to include some relatively obscure characters over more recognizable ones like Lilo or Hiro Hamada here. Still no Cinderella figure after the entire duration of the Disney Castle set has come and gone is somewhat amusing to me. I’m guessing the Snow White omission is because we’re getting a full-on Snow White and the Seven Dwarves set, which would also explain the Ideas set rejection. I’m surprised we didn’t see Encanto included here.

I can’t wait to go hunting for all of these. Gotta make the most of the last series with the bags. ):

Edited by The Stud

I'm bummed we still won't have a Lilo to go with Stitch.  Hopefully since it's the 4 arm version with his ray guns he'll be wearing his orange space suit & have a green frog too.  I was really hoping for a Lilo with her satchel & Scump.  I have no interest in Baymax.  I'll have to see the actual Coco figures to see if there are any parts I want.  The rest seem like pretty solid choices.  Sorcerer Mickey will be my second favorite followed by Oswald.  I wish they had included Merida.  So we still minifigure versions for Tangled, Brave, Beauty & The Beast, Cinderella, Snow White as well as at least a Lilo.

Whoa, pleasantly surprised after hearing this is the lineup. I get there are always going to be characters left out but to:

1. Get 18 again

2. NO fab five repeats (besides the long overdue sorcerer mickey)

3. Multiple princesses

4. Truly a wide range of movies

what is there really to be too upset about?

My unrealistic wish was that we would have gotten a large brick built puppet style Pinocchio, which would make a minifigure Jiminy even more perfect but so excited to be getting both.

I also agree with others that a Snow White/7D set is all but a guarantee at this point with the inclusion of the evil Queen but no Snow White.

Overall, this may end up being the best of the 3 series’ character lineup (IMO). Now let’s see how they execute the designs 

20 minutes ago, karrit said:

I'm bummed we still won't have a Lilo to go with Stitch.  Hopefully since it's the 4 arm version with his ray guns he'll be wearing his orange space suit & have a green frog too.  I was really hoping for a Lilo with her satchel & Scump. 

There's a Lilo & Stitch set up for review with Lego Ideas. If it gets approved, we would be able to get a Lilo minifigure that way. She's been long overdue but Disney never makes any merchandise of her anymore. It's all about Stitch.

I kinda hope that now that we get Cleo we will also get Figaro someday. A bit easier to get in regular sets as he also doubles as Minnie's cat. Also I hope we will get frog Tiana and frog Naveen in a minidoll set, as they're a bit easier to combine across styles than human characters.

Only 18 figures :cry2: ... there are still so many great Disney characters missing:

Tiger Lilly & lost children, the evil fox from Pinocchio, characters from Cinderella, from Dumbo, from Treasure Planet (the most daring adaptation of classic literature up to date in my opinion), Mowgli & Indian girl, Penny & Medusa to name a few... damn I just want them all !!!

Belle being absent from this CMF series is strange. I guess that means she will appear in one of the Disney Animation sets. I hope Gaston is included since we need more Disney Villains. 

This is certainly an interesting list. So glad we're back to eighteen minifigures.

So I guess it's basically another regular Disney series, but labeled as '100 Years of Wonder'. I really like most of the choices here.

• Oswald and Wiazard Mickey are both iconic, so their inclusion is fitting for '100 Years of Wonder' (the same goes for Pinocchio and Jiminy Cricket)

• it's good to see more Disney Princesses as minifigures, and the choices are great here (Tiana is a particularly good one)

• Queen of Hearts is random, I don't like that inclusion (although I guess she'll go along nicely with Series 1)

• Coco characters are a fantastic choice

• Cruella de Vil was an absolute must (I don't really have a big connection to the original movie, but the 2021 one is probably my favourite live-action Disney movie)

• don't care for Robin Hood, an understandable inclusion tho

• Stitch with all of his arms sounds absolutely incredible (huge Lilo & Stitch fan here), but no Lilo yet again? 

• Baymax is a fantastic choice, one of the most interesting ones they could've made

• Evil Queen feels random without Snow White, in the same vain as Maleficent in Series 1 (even though they're both really iconic, they'd go along nicely with the princesses)

Absolutely excellent selection, and I'm excited to see who we get in the classic animation sets. Baymax is genuinely so exciting :laugh: I wonder if he will be in his armour or not. 

I don't normally comment on something I've not read, but it's this forum, and Promobricks, so I figured it was OK. But now I've read it, and it's not Promobricks' list, but someone else's, which they think is believable, as they know some of the characters to be in production.

That tempers my enthusiasm for this a lot. The change to 18 figures is really cool, but will they do that? And Pocahontas suddenly appearing?

As they say, it's a very believable list, but I'm lowering my expectations until another source comes up with it, or we see photos. Which is a shame.

3 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Cruella must have her roadster! Now I just have to dig out my MOC one and build it IRL... 

I'd love to see it!

31 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

I don't normally comment on something I've not read, but it's this forum, and Promobricks, so I figured it was OK. But now I've read it, and it's not Promobricks' list, but someone else's, which they think is believable, as they know some of the characters to be in production.

That tempers my enthusiasm for this a lot. The change to 18 figures is really cool, but will they do that? And Pocahontas suddenly appearing?

As they say, it's a very believable list, but I'm lowering my expectations until another source comes up with it, or we see photos. Which is a shame.

I'd love to see it!

I've had some doubts about the veracity of the list as well because it comes across more like a fan's wishlist. 18 figures again seems a little too good to be true.

The biggest red flag for me is the fact that some of the minifigs have other characters as accessories. The previous two Disney waves never had separate characters as accessories. I remember there was a lot of discussion on this forum about how Sebastian should have come with Ariel or Maleficent with her raven but it seemed that the rules were you could only have 18 figures exactly which meant no "bonus" characters as accessories to technically increase the character count. In this wave we suddenly have Cleo with Pinocchio and a dalmatian with Cruella and that seems at odds with the previous waves.

The list feels strange to be honest... Pocahontas alone, Queen of hearts alone, evil Queen alone... there was already a Stich figure... Aurora is nice to get because I own Malificent. No new characters from Duckburg is a huge dissapointment :/ I also don't get the inclusion of Kiss the frog. The only two I look really forward to are Robin Hood and Prince John, but without Little John and Maid Marian it feels so incomplete... :/