Huigberts Builds

Disney Properties 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Disney Properties 2023 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all LEGO related Disney and Pixar's in-house films (i.e. not the many other licensed Disney owns). That includes Disney Animation and Pixar films, Disney Princess products, and the like.

Enjoy!

Rumoured products for 2023:

Disney Classic Animation

43212 Disney Birthday Train | $34.99 | 200 pieces | 4+ (April 1st release)
43215 | $149.99 | 1016 pieces | 7+ (June release)
43217 | Up: Carl's House | 598 pieces | $59.99 (April 1st release)
43220 Peter Pan & Wendy Fairy Tale Book | $19.99 | 111 pieces (March 1st release)
43221 | $59.99 | 1022 pieces | 6+ (June release)

Disney 100 years CMF
Oswald the rabbit
Pinocchio
Jiminy Cricket
Sorcerer Mickey
Princess Tiana
Dr Facilier
Queen of Hearts
Princess Aurora
Mulan
Ernesto de la Cruz
Miguel
Pocahontas
Cruella de Vil
Robin Hood
Prince John
Stitch
Baymax
Evil Queen (Snow White)

There's an image on instagram from what I assume is the catalogue, where they're teasing the 100th anniversary. It has a lot of accessoires in a silverish colour.

Interesting teaser, they could be hinting at who's in the CMF.

From what I can see: Woody's Hat, Mad Hatter Hat, Genie's Lamp, Donald Ducks Hat, Minnie Mouse's Bow.

Then we have; a Wrench, a bone, a flower, a teapot.

Teapot could be referencing Alice in Wonderland or Beauty and the Beast (Mrs. Potts). Dog Bone could be a reference to Pluto. The flower could be a reference to a lot of different things, Beast's rose comes to mind first for me. No clue on the wrench.

10 minutes ago, strangely said:

No clue on the wrench.

Honestly the only one I can think of is Pete, who is sometimes portrayed as some kind of mechanic. One of his stock images even has a wrench. But it might be a little bit farfetched. The bone could also be connected to the Dalmatians, and with that Cruella.

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Honestly the only one I can think of is Pete, who is sometimes portrayed as some kind of mechanic. One of his stock images even has a wrench. But it might be a little bit farfetched. The bone could also be connected to the Dalmatians, and with that Cruella.

Doing some additional digging it seems possible the wench is referencing Oswald. In California Adventure there's Oswald's Service Station and there's even a pin for this with him holding a wrench.

I could see the bone being a connection to Cruella.

If Woody is in this series I wonder if it's because Avatar brought the long arms and legs back? It probably means another Jessie too, though I'd prefer TS1-2 Bo Peep.

22 minutes ago, strangely said:

Doing some additional digging it seems possible the wench is referencing Oswald. In California Adventure there's Oswald's Service Station and there's even a pin for this with him holding a wrench.

I could see the bone being a connection to Cruella.

I was thinking of Pete's garage in Toontown, which also has a pin with wrench, but on second thought, I believe that's been gone for a while now. So yeah, that's a pretty good possibility as well, although I always imagined Oswald would get his remote control if we ever got him.

Also, on a sidenote, I wonder what's up with the genie lamp, as we've pretty much gotten all the main characters by now. The only one I can imagine coming with the lamp would be prince Ali or some other variant, still kind of odd if they go with Aladin again when there are so many popular movies left without any representation. But same with Donald again, if they indeed do the 100th anniversary variants for Mickey and Friends, like Robert8 speculated some time ago, that would be a lot of slots wasted on variants.

I think it’s worth being cautious about reading into the specific pieces included in the platinum parts splash image. It’s clearly celebrating the anniversary so we could very easily be looking at renderings that were developed to cover promos and packaging for all the anniversary merchandise, and not anything specifically for the cmf. 

The flower might be for Daisy since there's a bow for Minnie. I think the bone is more likely for Pluto. Maybe a proper minifigure for him like Chip and Dale, even if they're not supposed to be that size or standing upright. Bones aren't used often to represent the 101 Dalmatians, let alone Cruella De Vil. The wrench is definitely for Oswald because they released a new Oswald short for the first time to celebrate 100 years of Disney.

For the Genie's lamp, I'm guessing we'll be getting the Prince Ali version of Aladdin. That's a very popular look for him and in several Disney games they always make sure to include that as an alternate look for him, sometimes even when no other character has a variant. It could also work for Jafar as a Genie or Genie in one of his many transformations. For that matter, Jasmine has several outfits as well which could be portrayed.

6 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

How many minifigures do you think it will feature? 12, 16, 18 or 20?

100. It's the only way to do the anniversary justice. :P

Probably not referencing the CMF series directly, but rather just a generic image for the 100 year celebration sets that are coming. 

At only 12 minifigs, it is going to be hard to really do justice to the anniversary theme and include all the iconic characters! Some characters, I feel cannot stand alone - Beauty has to be with Beast - and that will take up two slots! Is it even possible for Lego to go back and do 18 instead of the usual 12?

I really feel Sorcerer Mickey and Oswald should be included.

Oswald, Snow White, and Cruella are perhaps more likely than others because as one Youtuber pointed out, they have not been done before and are now getting their Brickheadz versions. Perhaps also Merida?

I really think Snow White was a big missed opportunity when they decided not to move forward with the Ideas submission. I think if she does appear in the CMF, she will be by herself and not with any dwarf because of that controversy. Or perhaps Lego will reconsider the Snow White house in 2024 when the film releases? (But how about the dwarves?)

I think some of the other classic and Iconic story lines that are begging to be featured are:

Pocahontas (perhaps will never be featured???)

Pinocchio

Jungle Book

Snow White

Cinderella

Sleeping Beauty

Lion King (how do they do a CMF of any of these animals???)

Bambi (same as above)

Rapunzel

Mulan???

13 minutes ago, hikouki said:

At only 12 minifigs, it is going to be hard to really do justice to the anniversary theme and include all the iconic characters! Some characters, I feel cannot stand alone - Beauty has to be with Beast - and that will take up two slots! Is it even possible for Lego to go back and do 18 instead of the usual 12?

Oswald, Snow White, and Cruella are perhaps more likely than others because as one Youtuber pointed out, they have not been done before and are now getting their Brickheadz versions. Perhaps also Merida?

I really think Snow White was a big missed opportunity when they decided not to move forward with the Ideas submission. I think if she does appear in the CMF, she will be by herself and not with any dwarf because of that controversy. Or perhaps Lego will reconsider the Snow White house in 2024 when the film releases? (But how about the dwarves?)

I think some of the other classic and Iconic story lines that are begging to be featured are:

Pocahontas (perhaps will never be featured???)

Pinocchio

Jungle Book

Snow White

Cinderella

Sleeping Beauty

Lion King (how do they do a CMF of any of these animals???)

Bambi (same as above)

The last Disney series may have had 18 characters but 6 of them weren't even from the movies but from Mickey and Friends with Steamboat Mickey and Minnie (both of whom appeared in the Steamboat Willie set anyway) along with Scrooge McDuck and Donald's nephews. Only 12 slots were actually from the movies. I'll be more annoyed if we get more variants of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc. wasting precious slots when they have their own line now. I still think Sorcerer Mickey will likely show up in a D2C set.

I'd like to believe we could get some of the BrickHeadz characters in the new series but there were Beauty and the Beast BrickHeadz years back and we still don't have either of them in minifigure form, so I don't think there'll necessarily be any correlation now.

It'll be really shocking if they celebrate 100 years of Disney without anything Snow White related. I'd still like to hope the reason they axed the cottage set is because they already had it planned for the 100 years celebration but considering it seems that Disney vetoed the set and not Lego, that seems doubtful. Very annoying that the dwarfs are being "cancelled" when they're literally the foundation of the animation studio. Lego hasn't made any sets for any of the other live-action remakes so I doubt they're waiting to make one for Snow White. These remakes have no longevity anyway when it comes to merchandise. 

Lion King would be a good choice for its own set featuring Disney-style molds for the animal characters maybe with a Pride Rock structure. Bambi could be a smaller set in the same vein. 

I'd love to see Pocahontas along with the other characters/movies you mentioned. I'd add The Hunchback of Notre Dame as well.

1 hour ago, hikouki said:

Oswald, Snow White, and Cruella are being featured as brickheadz (and make excellent candidates for an anniversary series) because the represent specific milestones for Disney Animation – the first shorts, the first feature length animation, and the introduction of a technology that revolutionized how Disney did animation. 

Interestingly, while Sorcerer Mickey is iconic enough to claim top slot all on his own, Fantasia can also claim the debut of audio technology that was the precursor to surround sound, another notable step forward. 

Taking into account significant milestones, previously done characters, popularity, and Lego’s previous preference for pairs of characters, I could see the anniversary series looking like this:

1. Sorcerer Mickey 

2. Oswald the Lucky Rabbit 

3. Snow White 

4. Evil Queen 

5. Cruella DeVille

6. Belle

7. The Beast 

8. Sully* 

9. Rapunzel 

10. Merida Dunbroch 

11. Mirabel Madrigal

12. Bruno Madrigal 

(I put Sully in to represent early Pixar, since Toy Story characters have largely been covered already and Disney wants us to forget about Bug’s Life. However, with both the wide skirt piece and extra long legs recently being pulled out of storage I won’t discount the possibility of getting classic Bo Peep and Woody, although I think the latter would need a custom head. If we got that pair I’d expect Sully and Merida or Rapunzel to get bumped off this list). 

Encanto doesn’t really represent a specific milestone for Disney Animation beyond being its most recent (and critically acclaimed) movie at the time the cmf would have been planned, so I see it being included because of that. 

EDIT: I could also easily see Rapunzel being replaced by Baymax as a representation of the 2010s, since he recently debuted is own Disney+ series. 

Edited by Accio Lego

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The last Disney series may have had 18 characters but 6 of them weren't even from the movies but from Mickey and Friends with Steamboat Mickey and Minnie (both of whom appeared in the Steamboat Willie set anyway) along with Scrooge McDuck and Donald's nephews. Only 12 slots were actually from the movies.

Well, 10. Chip and Dale weren't from the movies either.

2 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

You're right, I completely forget about them. That's 8 characters who came from shorts rather than movies, almost half the series.

14 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

They are now thanks to their movie in 2022. Might make it more likely we'd get them in their Rescue Rangers attire at some point, though Chip would need a new head mould so probably not.

20 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

The last Disney series may have had 18 characters but 6 of them weren't even from the movies but from Mickey and Friends with Steamboat Mickey and Minnie (both of whom appeared in the Steamboat Willie set anyway) along with Scrooge McDuck and Donald's nephews. Only 12 slots were actually from the movies. I'll be more annoyed if we get more variants of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc. wasting precious slots when they have their own line now. I still think Sorcerer Mickey will likely show up in a D2C set.

I'd like to believe we could get some of the BrickHeadz characters in the new series but there were Beauty and the Beast BrickHeadz years back and we still don't have either of them in minifigure form, so I don't think there'll necessarily be any correlation now.

It'll be really shocking if they celebrate 100 years of Disney without anything Snow White related. I'd still like to hope the reason they axed the cottage set is because they already had it planned for the 100 years celebration but considering it seems that Disney vetoed the set and not Lego, that seems doubtful. Very annoying that the dwarfs are being "cancelled" when they're literally the foundation of the animation studio. Lego hasn't made any sets for any of the other live-action remakes so I doubt they're waiting to make one for Snow White. These remakes have no longevity anyway when it comes to merchandise. 

Lion King would be a good choice for its own set featuring Disney-style molds for the animal characters maybe with a Pride Rock structure. Bambi could be a smaller set in the same vein. 

I'd love to see Pocahontas along with the other characters/movies you mentioned. I'd add The Hunchback of Notre Dame as well.

It would be really awesome if Disney would make a set out of Sorcerer Mickey. Brick Clicker is saying there will be 4 possible 4+ sets this coming year and they are possibly in the "Mickey and Friends" line. I am really happy that as much as those are for 'younger kids', the characters are in minifigure form.

Pocahontas is really long overdue. I don't know why she has never been made even as a minidoll. 

6 hours ago, hikouki said:

Brick Clicker is saying there will be 4 possible 4+ sets this coming year and they are possibly in the "Mickey and Friends" line.

Maybe. If so, I wonder why other leakers thought it was a „new license“ :shrug_oh_well:

There's a page for the complete series of 71038 on a Dutch page. It contains an image of a sample pack with a silhouettes of some minifigures. Behind them, we can see an image from second Disney series, so maybe the silhouettes are also just taken from another series but maybe not. I can recognise Donald and Jasmine, there. What do you think about it?

LEGO 71038 - Minifiguren Complete serie (opengeknipte zakjes) - Unieke Bricks - Passie voor LEGO®

I wouldn't think much of it honestly. I can't be the actual bag because it would have the Disney 100 logo

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I wouldn't think much of it honestly. I can't be the actual bag because it would have the Disney 100 logo

I mean the logo could technically be in the blacked out part like with Disney series 2, although what I think is more suspicious is how there's the sombrero hole, which hasn't been used since like series 19, rather than the more rectangular one that has been used since. Oh speaking of series 2, on second thought, I can now see that it's an edited images of the Series 2 bag, the Mickey heads under the sombrero hole have been edited out, but there are odd shapes behind the silhouettes, that now that I take a closer look at it appear to be the series 2 figures as they appeared on the bag, specifically the part with Anna and Elsa are visible.

4 hours ago, Pop Star c o said:

There's a page for the complete series of 71038 on a Dutch page. It contains an image of a sample pack with a silhouettes of some minifigures. Behind them, we can see an image from second Disney series, so maybe the silhouettes are also just taken from another series but maybe not. I can recognise Donald and Jasmine, there. What do you think about it?

LEGO 71038 - Minifiguren Complete serie (opengeknipte zakjes) - Unieke Bricks - Passie voor LEGO®

The only thing that might be somewhat useful, if even true, is the description and price, which indicates there are again, as suspected, 12 figures.

The description is very odd though, as part of it translates to "...with one or more accessoires for even more action, among of which a few never before seen accessoires for certain characters, ..." Which is an odd thing to put the attention on. They almost make it sound like the characters aren't new, but only some of their accessoires are. I might be reading into it too much though.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

2 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The description is very odd though, as part of it translates to "...with one or more accessoires for even more action, among of which a few never before seen accessoires for certain characters, ..." Which is an odd thing to put the attention on. They almost make it sound like the characters aren't new, but only some of their accessoires are. I might be reading into it too much though.

That would make sense if Mickey, Minnie, Donald, etc. are popping up again in this new series. And if the leaked image does correlate with the CMF series after all, then that could see the return of characters like Aladdin, Genie, Alice, Woody, etc. who either appeared in the previous series or in sets.

I really wish that the Moana set included Maui, we are way too overdue for the best character from that movie 

for the person who was just about to say this all I can say is

YOURE WELCOME