Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

35 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

I managed to slide my vault section onto a shelf with a height clearance of roughly 34 cm or a tiny bit over 13 1/4”. I had to take off the corner brackets from the top, but that’s ridiculously easy and there’s even a little bit of clearance after that. 

Width and depth are a bit trickier since it can vary wildly based on how you orient the module, but it ultimately doesn’t extend too far past the 10” square base plate of the upper section in any one direction - although obviously that doesn’t accommodate the gwp vault. 

That’s 1cm too high! Thank you for sharing your findings.

Sorry if this was answered already, but for those who have built Gringotts, what color are the mine cart track pieces?

6 hours ago, Brick Wiz said:

Sorry if this was answered already, but for those who have built Gringotts, what color are the mine cart track pieces?

Gun metal grey / pearl dark grey :classic:

You guys: my Gringotts was delivered a day early! I am the worst though: I am only going to build the exterior for now. I do not have room for the vaults. 

Quick question: I recall in a review the underside of the base has these indents in the corner. Mine is free of them. Did anyone else’s come without those indents? Unfortunately, I cannot find the review which had the triangle indents.

49 minutes ago, joeee said:

You guys: my Gringotts was delivered a day early! 

Well you're lucky! Mine spent all day saying "out for delivery" only for them to decide at 4:30pm they weren't going to bother! People complain here about Australia Post, but it's the bloody courier companies i can't stand!

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Gun metal grey / pearl dark grey :classic:

Thanks! Was thinking about modding the end of the track with a 90 degree turn so that the GWP vault fell more under the footprint of the baseplate, but the closest color is light bluish grey

LEGO 76424 Flying Ford Anglia – the set will consist of 165 elements. The set includes Harry and Ron minifigures, plus a Hedwig and a rat figure. LEGO 76425 Jadwiga Visiting ul. Privet Drive 4 – the set will consist of 337 elements. It will include, among other things: a plaque (address sticker) on which Hedwig will sit to be built. LEGO 76426 Hogwarts House on the Water - set of 350 pieces. We will receive four minifigures (Harry, one of the professors and two students). Plus a house and two small boats. The set is supposed to be a Hogwarts module. LEGO 76428 Hagrid's Hut: An Unexpected Visit - 896 pieces. The set includes 4 minifigures - Hagrid, Harry, Hermione and Ron. Additionally, figures of Fang the dog and Norbert the dragon. The cottage itself has a small annex and is open ("half"), and inside, among others, sofa, armchair, table and lots of gadgets related to the HP series. LEGO 76429 Talking Sorting Hat – 561 pieces. Collector's set 18+. The tiara is supposed to have movable mouth, eyes and "eyebrows". Plus a sound brick. Its diameter is approximately 30 cm. LEGO 76430 Hogwarts Owlery – 364 pieces. Owlery in the form of a tower. Includes 3 minifigures - Harry, caretaker Argus Filch and Cho Chang. LEGO 76432 Forbidden Forest: Magical Creatures – 172 pieces. Includes two Ron and Hermione minifigures.

Interesting. The Ford Anglia and Privet Drive together are less parts than the 2020 set, I think. They're probably skippable. That's the biggest Hagrid's Hut ever, so that should be good.

hoping that piece count for the hagrid hut means its fully enclosed! its basically double the last one so I could see that being the case. interested in seeing that and if its good enough will def pick it up, especially for fang

also interested in the forbidden forrest set and owlery

House on the Water has to be the Boat House right? And with that lineup I’d assume it would be Snape, DH Hermoine, DH Ron. Also FANG!!!!!!

Edited by RODDY

If this is true, then the Owlery, Boathouse, Forbidden Forest and Hagrid's Hut sound amazing and what I'd have loved to see in the summer wave. So is Privet Drive not the house but a third buildable Hedwig sitting on the sign? Interesting. Are sound bricks new? Have Lego ever done them before?

Edited by NostalgicBricks

26 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Are sound bricks new? Have Lego ever done them before?

Not new. They have done it in Creator Hill Side House, set 5771. It has a doorbell and barking dog sound in that. I stumbled across it a couple of weeks ago with cleaning.

Hedwig will be something similar to Dobby. The forbidden forest will have a hippogriff and a few other animals. In Hagrids cottage will be also Draco. 

Edited by Yaxley

Yeah, I’m not believing any of this until an actual known leaker confirms. Just sounds a little too good to be true when the reliable folks have been pretty apathetic about the March wave previously. 

Thank you @Yaxley. Apologies for taking any info with a large pile of salt until further confirmation, but the set descriptions do seem to match up with the prices and piece counts we have already been told e.g. 76432 only having 172 pieces but being $29.99 meaning a large moulded animal would make sense, whilst 76425 supposedly has 337 pieces but will only coat $19.99 suggesting a bunch of smaller pieces like in the Dobby statue.

I'd like this to be true, its certainly got a more fun vibe to it like previous spring/summer waves have before. All sounds a bit too good to be true though, so as others have said no offence but a pinch of salt taken here. 

That Forbidden Forest set sounds interesting. It would be great if the Hippogriff was not Buckbeak and could be a more varied colour. 

Doesn‘t sound terrible, but the apparent lack of new characters or significant variants is disappointing. Fang and Norbert(a) would be excellent though! Taking the list with a grain of salt before we get confirmation from the established leakers :classic:

2 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Yaxleyczy jest szansa, że to Lucjusz Malfoy w zestawie Chata Hagrida, a Draco zamiast tego jest w Zakazanym Lesie?

@NostalgicBricks & @Kozioł sarny, dzięki za pocieszające słowa. Doskonała uwaga dotycząca wpływu dat premiery na całkowitą sprzedaż.@Agent Kallus, wstyd! Być może chciałeś, aby ten kapelusz powstał. :pir_laugh2:

I don't know everything possible

3 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Yaxley, any chance that's Lucius Malfoy in the Hagrid's Hut set and Draco is in the Forbidden Forest set instead?

But Draco would make sense as he's in the scene (in the movie, not the book) where the trio sees Norbert in Hagrid's Hut. He's sneaking a peak through the window. :)

5 hours ago, Yaxley said:

Hedwig will be something similar to Dobby. The forbidden forest will have a hippogriff and a few other animals. In Hagrids cottage will be also Draco. 

Wow, it's crazy that here will be a third brick-built Hedwig so soon! There is a birthday card of Hedwig sitting on Privet Drive's sign (despite it just being a random owl in the movie) so I can sort of picture it. 

It will be great to get a variant of the uniform with just the white shirt and tie for Ron in the Care of Magical Creatures class. In that scene, Hermione's time-turner is quite visible so I'd love to see a print for that, too. I wonder what other animals we could see?  A purple Pygmy Puff? The return of the niffler? 

I quite like Cho's winter outfit in the owlery scene. It would be fun to get Yule Ball Filch as he doesn't actually appear in that scene.

I can't see them putting Snape in the Boat House. Could it be a PS set? 

I would love to get Hagrid without his coat, but I think that might require a new mould, and it appears we're already getting two in that set.

On 9/3/2023 at 1:13 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Good luck with completing your thesis (and your defense, if you have one)! :thumbup: 

I guarantee you the set‘s well worth the wait :sweet:

Thank you! My set came today and I'm tempted to built it. But know I shouldn't hehe. I did built the GWP that arrived yesterday and gave me a nice little taster of Gringotts (finally). :) 

Edited by NostalgicBricks

4 hours ago, krimimimi said:

@Yaxley, any chance that's Lucius Malfoy in the Hagrid's Hut set and Draco is in the Forbidden Forest set instead?

@NostalgicBricks & @Roebuck@Agent Kallus, for shame! You may have willed that hat into being. :pir_laugh2:

Well would you look at what @Falconfan1414 has just posted on Instagram :laugh:, set of year 2024 material here we come!!!

34 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Well would you look at what @Falconfan1414 has just posted on Instagram :laugh:, set of year 2024 material here we come!!!

Oh yeah! Owlery, boathouse, and magical creatures - let’s go!!! 

After multiple leakers hinting at a lackluster March wave I wasn’t expecting to get so much fun stuff. I get that Hedwig, Hagrid’s Hut, and the Ford Anglia are all technically remakes, but those last two especially have some nice potential for the designers to give us something fun. This will be the first time the Weasley’s flying car is sold on its own instead of as a side build for a much bigger set, so I’m excited to see how it looks with a Speed Champions treatment. And a new Norbert(a) mold and the long awaited Fang in the same set? Hardly a ‘lackluster’ remake if you ask me. 

Very much excited for the boathouse and owlery sets. We’ve never gotten an actual minifig compatible boathouse before (and for all the complaints about no new characters, it sounds like this one is might be fleshing out our student roster a bit), and previous representations of the owlery were just a few owls stuffed in the top of a tower in a large castle build, so getting the movie accurate structure should be fun. And we’re totally getting the new small owl mold included in this set, calling it now. (As an aside, Filch is an interesting inclusion, since he doesn’t feature in the GoF movie scene. But in the OotP book there is a scene with Harry, Cho, and Filch in the owlery, so they might have chosen him based on that.)

Not sure what to think of the buildable Sorting Hat - I think I’ll wait to see what it looks like moving and listen to the feedback on the quality of this ‘sound brick’ before I make any decisions. The magical creatures set is a must have for me though. I wonder if it will take inspiration from the game versions of the class and give us things like custard color puffskiens or bring the niffler piece out of retirement. 

All in all a pretty promising start for next year. 

It's an interesting lineup, an updated Hagrid's Hut sounds nice, but unless it's a night and day improvement over the old one I think I'll probably just Bricklink the new parts and add them to the old set.

The Magical Creatures set sounds exciting, I'm always happy to add more magical creatures to my collection (soon I shall have a herd of Hippogriff). Hopefully rather than recycling the same old Hogwarts robes they actually give us some new prints for Ron and Hermione. They weren't wearing their robes/sweaters, so they could get white shirts instead of the same old torsos. This would also be a great opportunity for them to do some mid leg skirt printing for Hermione, after all they've introduced a skirt for 1st/2nd years, so some printing for the 3rd/4th years would be welcome.

The boathouse is potentially exciting, but I'm not sure how it's going to turn out if it's part of the current modular building style. I also wonder if any of the minifigures in the set will be new (this just feels like one of those places that they'll use recycled minifigures for).

The Flying Ford Anglia has some real potential. If the front seat can fit two minifigures that would be a great improvement over all previous versions.

The Owlery doesn't excite me much. It's great to get a new location, but unfortunately it's a location that bores me quite a bit. Still, the potential to get a new Cho and some interesting Owl prints is nice.