Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

I think we're seeing the full extent of the new lead designer and team with this wave being essentially a reboot for new customers. The 2023 picks here feel to me like a huge contrast from the last two years which probably had a lot of ideas and models that had been planned for a completionist's dream under Bessa. A year 1 express, two buildable creatures identifiable to casual fans, trunk redo, a DH2 set with nothing super DH specific to the build, WWW as if Diagon Alley never happened or doesn't contain shops that still haven't been made into a set.. 

Even 2021 anniversary wave had excellent accessories and details. I was really expecting the patronus to wow and win me over instantly but the blurry leak looked better than this. The express has almost nothing worth picking up, and yhe build for the station is a huge letdown in expected quality imo. Amazing that I thought dobby and WWW were leading up to the good set reveals. I picked a great year to stop being a completionist, going to be a lot of saved money for a few bricklink pickups just like the lot of you it seems. 

I will be extremely surprised now if Gringotts follows the DA D2C design language and isn't just an impressive display piece not meant to mesh with the street.  Gray baseplates and round 1x1s aren't that hard to get. 

6 minutes ago, NostalgicBricks said:

The other boy officially is Lee Jordan - that hair does NOT suit him, but he was one of my most wanted figures.

Glad we finally get him, but that set’s minifig selection is still the weakest out of all larger HP sets so far. Can’t remember the last time we got a set with this many minifigs and such a low number of new parts.

The recoloured Hobbit hairpiece isn’t terrible, but not as good as that new dreadlock piece from Dreamzzz. I suppose the HP and Dreamzzz design teams didn’t share their plans with each other :tongue:

I have quite a dilemma, as the reveal of the sets made me even more torn on the matter — should I buy Room of Requirement or Battle of Hogwarts? 

The former is a better set imo, but while the latter is much weaker, it is pretty iconic.

Which set would you buy if you had to only choose one?

For the first time I’m more interested in the upcoming City and Friends wave, than the HP one :pir-cry_happy:

WWW seems to be 95€ on lego.com - I know its just 5€ more than expected, but its still annoying that Lego price increases are continuing for the second year in a row.

4 minutes ago, domen151 said:

For the first time I’m more interested in the upcoming City and Friends wave, than the HP one :pir-cry_happy:

Me too:laugh: Happy to see that City is not so stingy with animal moulds has HP has become:tongue:

44 minutes ago, domen151 said:

WWW seems to be 95€ on lego.com - I know its just 5€ more than expected, but its still annoying that Lego price increases are continuing for the second year in a row.

Most have gone up. Based on Brickset:

Expecto Patronum $64.99 -> $69.99

Battle of Hogwarts $84.99 -> $84.99

Quidditch Trunk $64.99 -> $69.99

and finally…

Dobby $39.99 -> $29.99(!?)

Looks like there’s no interior on BoH. I would basically call it a 2 in 1. Bridge build with rubble and many wand spell options. Thoughts? I’m really torn. I like it, but was expecting…more.

The addition of McGonagall, a statue, and some fire pieces perhaps, would have made it a bit more complete imo.

Oh wow seeing how the Hogwarts set can be dismantled does make it 10x cooler! Even the clock part has a damaged sticker - is it reversible? I still can't see what exactly is in the room - it could be a mini Great Hall with the table and the stickers for the wall lanterns. The bridge setup doesn't look great.

The new train interior is VERY cramped. There is a new print for a Galleon and a chocolate frog box on 1x1 circles. There is a toilet in the station hehe.

I think Draco and Hermione have new faces.

Edited by NostalgicBricks

23 hours ago, karrit said:

I think there's enough newness in the set to warrant purchasing it.  By the time I'd pick out the new parts I want off Bricklink and then pay postage fees it's worth it to me  just getting the complete set.  Hoping the local Costco's start getting in some new Lego soon.  Mine still just has the Space Box of bricks.  We haven't gotten anything new since the Holidays.  Was really hoping for the Up House that some have reported finding in their local stores.

Heh, that’s exactly what I told my buddy...I hope this shows up at Costco. :tongue: I want it, just not really at regular price since I have DA. 

He got the Up House there about three weeks ago, if you haven’t checked lately. 

30 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Where are you seeing the interiors, @NostalgicBricks?

If you google the set number you can find it pretty easily.

It is ridiculously cramped inside and the trolley piece inside looks really funny to me.

The lifestyle photos show a little bit more interior for BOH, there's a table with teacups visible and a stickered wall panel that looks like the great hall walls.

Edited by strangely

More rocky-base modules, finally! Also interesting how some pieces can serve duel uses as either courtyard walls or bridge pieces. 

So basically they are giving us new prints for harry, hermione and draco faces (hogwarts express); new head print for the umbridge toy (WWW) and new head+ torso for neville and leg printing for scabior; yet bellatrix and molly stil get that same innacurate face print from 2020? I know that i sound like a broken record, but seriously? Who the hell is in charge of this kind of decisions? They clearly had a budget for new prints, and instead of giving us two accurate characters that needed an upgrade, they give us small changes on characters who don’t need them?

On insta there is a photo of how they all connect together and the shaping is really good. 

On insta there is a photo of how they all connect together and the shaping is really good. 

One of the new BTS hairpieces looks to be in the Quidditch Trunk which is good, and I just noticed Ron's corned beef sandwiched in HE :laugh:

Hobbit hair in black is a major W!!! That said, the Express set has a terrible figure lineup, although the build is pretty decent. Patronus set is weird and I don’t like it but I need that Lupin. Battle of Hogwarts is a mixed bag. It needs about two more minifigs. I’ll give Bellatrix the CMF face for sure. Glad they fixed Neville’s sweater from the inaccurate Advent Calendar version with red all over it. I still hate the green roofs. That official layout for the 2021-2023 Hogwarts modules is actually pretty neat. I’m at least mildly impressed that they planned it out like that. But the green roofs cancel out anything good about it, and it’s still way too blocky. But the accurate layout overall is definitely cool. I don’t even know what to say about the Quidditch set. It’s ok. Not very interesting but those hoods are nice

4 hours ago, empiresperish said:

I think we're seeing the full extent of the new lead designer and team with this wave being essentially a reboot for new customers. The 2023 picks here feel to me like a huge contrast from the last two years which probably had a lot of ideas and models that had been planned for a completionist's dream under Bessa. A year 1 express, two buildable creatures identifiable to casual fans, trunk redo, a DH2 set with nothing super DH specific to the build, WWW as if Diagon Alley never happened or doesn't contain shops that still haven't been made into a set.. 

Even 2021 anniversary wave had excellent accessories and details. I was really expecting the patronus to wow and win me over instantly but the blurry leak looked better than this. The express has almost nothing worth picking up, and yhe build for the station is a huge letdown in expected quality imo. Amazing that I thought dobby and WWW were leading up to the good set reveals. I picked a great year to stop being a completionist, going to be a lot of saved money for a few bricklink pickups just like the lot of you it seems. 

I will be extremely surprised now if Gringotts follows the DA D2C design language and isn't just an impressive display piece not meant to mesh with the street.  Gray baseplates and round 1x1s aren't that hard to get. 

Seems like a continuation to me. The year 1 set is just because the old system scale HE is retired. They want one on the shelves at all times it seems. The patronus is experimental like the big figs a couple years ago, and hedwig/fawks/dragon. And WWW is a play set for kids that can’t afford the D2C. And BoH set is still a pretty good deathly hallows set; it’s the courtyard, the bridge, and it can be destroyed. Pretty specifically DHP2 to me.

Anyone else seriously peeved that they gave us Lee Jordan with recolored hobbit hair at the exact same time they introduced the perfect dreadlocks piece for him in the Dreamzzz line? I’m going to need to grab one as soon as it inevitably turns up in black because the official Lee just doesn’t cut it for me (he’s also getting medium legs as soon as I get my hands on him). 

50 minutes ago, Seaber said:

This is the first time I've seen an official configuration of the modular sets that actually has the silhouette of Hogwarts Castle! The new BOH set finally bring the whole thing together. 

Im impressed with that pic showing the sets connected to make Hogwarts

Looks amazing

6 hours ago, sammy_zammy said:

do think it looks a bit empty outside. I would have liked some rubble or broken walls or a side build of some sort

3 hours ago, NostalgicBricks said:

Oh wow seeing how the Hogwarts set can be dismantled does make it 10x cooler!

Omg this is so cool! I did wonder what those exposed SNOT pieces were for. Maybe the Lego Harry Potter gods heard me...

I'm a big fan of the option to use various wand red/green sparks things. That's a very unexpected addition.

Also, I quite like the bridge build. Just as I was thinking how I can cut back on Harry Potter spending, they're making it worth buying duplicates of the biggest set :laugh_hard:

Edited by sammy_zammy

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Su insta c'è una foto di come si connettono tutti insieme e la formazione è davvero buona

Wow It's nice! :-O

(I don't understand how they combined them)

Edited by Legocentrico

The connected sets look absolutely incredible. Seriously impressive.

And that's not even all of them. This is why I love the new Hogwarts style much more than the old one.