42154 2022 Ford GT 1466 119,99€ 01.03.2023  
  42155 The Batman Batcycle 641 54,99€ 01.03.2023  
  42156 Peugeot 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar 1775 199,99€ 01.05.2023  
  42157 Skidder John Deere 948L-II 1492   01.08.2023  
  42158 NASA Perseverance Mars Rover 1132   01.08.2023  
  42159 18+ IP Vehicle 1475   01.08.2023  
  42160 Audi RS Q e-tron 914   01.08.2023  
  42161 Lamborghini Huracan 806   01.08.2023

To be honest, 42157 - Skidder John Deere 948L-II is the only set, which interest me from the 2023 Technic lineup. Of course, TLG did not produced the longer pneumatic cylinders in gray colour only for the 42144 Material Handler, they have to incorporate it in a larger set soon, e.g. in the 2023 John Deere, which in real life has dark gray hydraulic cylinders. I hope this set is packed with a lot of motorized and manual functions, utilizes the Claas tires and has motorized compressor & pneumatic system out of the box. And finally this skidder is an interesting machine, that TLG has never done before in Technic.

Edited by Interceptor

8 minutes ago, Interceptor said:

big machine in green colour, that TLG has never done before in Technic

There was 42008 in 2013, but even though it's the same green for some reasons that truck looks dreadful.

I like the dark blue parts in the Ford GT. But nothing is really saying "buy me" so far. I am intrigued by the ford GT though, as mentioned the front wheels don't look to be attached using a 3 pin hub, but instead by a centre axle. Is there something different going on with the front suspension there?

As for the leaked list, I consider promobricks to be very reliable so maybe this list is true? That would mean there are at least 6 cars this year, likely 7 with the IP vehicle. I get that cars sell but man that's excessive! What could the cars have to differentiate between them besides scale?

42160 and 42161 have parts counts that indicate a similar scale to the Bolide, but they also have the highest set numbers which (if we exclude 42146) has always been reserved for the most expensive flagship set of the year. So either they have some single piece body shells or they are 49.99 euro sets (possibly pullbacks to differentiate them from the Bolide and Nascar Chevy) that would really belong to the 2023 or 2024 first half but were released in the 2023 summer wave instead. I suspect the latter! 

The price and piece count of 42156 is hard to fit together. Price seems too high for a non PU set but too low for a PU set, so maybe there's a small amount of PU, 1 hub and 2 motors? Or instead of that, maybe there is some significant investment in new parts that would account for the price? I'm hoping for the new parts theory but I really don't know. It could be that Peugeot just charge too much for their licence! The real car has an electric motor driving the front axle and a V6 engine coupled to a 7 speed transmission driving the rear axle. 

As for the Skidder John Deere 948L-II, I'm thinking this could be similar to 42080 with 2 or 3 pneumatic functions powered by simple battery box and L motor powered compressor. The dark bley cylinders would look great on the front arm and yellow cylinders would work for the front grapple. If true then it's an obvious insta-buy!

The Nasa rover presents a few possibilities the more I think about it. It has a higher set number than the Skidder John Deere 948L-II (higher price) but a lower piece count. So is PU involved here? The real rover has small motors inside each wheel to drive them, and small motor on top of each of the 4 corner wheels to steer them. IIIFFFFFF PU is included then a new very small motor with lots of internal gear reduction would be welcome here.

18+ IP vehicle. Could be anything, not much to go on here but I'm thinking something like 42110 perhaps?

Edited by allanp

So the only true Technic sets to me in 2023 are only 7 sets: 42146, 42147, 42148, 42152, 42155, 42157, and 42158. And by "true Technic", I mean "not a car".

And among these 7 sets, 1 is a leftover from last year, and 4 sets have less than 1000 pieces. Where are the usual 1k8-2k5 piece middle-sized sets that are not cars and have some proper Technic functions :sad: Even the middle-sized truck series with 49.3 tyres appears to be discontinued.

Remember when Technic sets was cool and got functions and got AFOLs excited? :sad:

7 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

And by "true Technic", I mean "not a car".

Set #  853 called and wants your lunch money. 

Getting the Ferd because of the dark blue stuff, triple curved panels are yummy, glad they're still making cars that fit the car transporter. 

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Remember when Technic sets was cool and got functions and got AFOLs excited? :sad:

Yes, I remember the 1990s. :tongue: But kidding aside, Technic has had good times and bad times, and right now we're going through a bad time - unless you're a car guy. But there is always hope that it will change sometime.

42 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Heads up, the 948L-II is a beast.

i assume it will be based on Zetros tires

3 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Large, rectengular surfaces and other simple geometries can be build with a few parts. My first thought was, that this could be bigger, than the part count indicates.

I had some hopes for the fireplane as all the other non-tiny sets are cars of some sort (Batcycle counts as a car here) but looks like easy times for my wallet in the first half of this year at least, as even the fireplane is really ugly and doesn't seem to do much in the way of interesting functions.

3 hours ago, 1gor said:

I'd like it to have the Zetros tires, too. But e.g. the 42030 had bigger tires and 1636 pieces, so nearly the same amout... could be both IMHO

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

I had some hopes for the fireplane as all the other non-tiny sets are cars of some sort (Batcycle counts as a car here) but looks like easy times for my wallet in the first half of this year at least, as even the fireplane is really ugly and doesn't seem to do much in the way of interesting functions.

Same here. 10€ sets are a must, the rest only with biggg discounts.

Edited by Jundis

4 hours ago, Gimmick said:

Large, rectengular surfaces and other simple geometries can be build with a few parts. My first thought was, that this could be bigger, than the part count indicates.

Same here. I really hope the John Deere set is big and utilizes the Claas tires. I think it is doable with this piece count if it uses a lot of pneumatic solutions.

Edited by Interceptor

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

I'd like it to have the Zetros tires, too. But e.g. the 42030 had bigger tires and 1636 pieces, so nearly the same amout... could be both IMHO

I’d also prefer Zetros tires and scale. It does not need to be too big, rather packed with functions, and less than 1500 parts is not that big. Also, it’s probably not Control+ next tothe Liebherr, rather pneumatic. The green color is great, and luckily many sets with it recently :)

I really hope that it’s not the Peugeot that would be the motorized car but the Audi. That has more potential to be interesting mechanically.

9 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So the only true Technic sets to me in 2023 are only 7 sets: 42146, 42147, 42148, 42152, 42155, 42157, and 42158. And by "true Technic", I mean "not a car".

And among these 7 sets, 1 is a leftover from last year, and 4 sets have less than 1000 pieces. Where are the usual 1k8-2k5 piece middle-sized sets that are not cars and have some proper Technic functions :sad: Even the middle-sized truck series with 49.3 tyres appears to be discontinued.

I'm right there with you. They have hugely bloated the lineup (16 sets in a year? Seriously?), so they are skimping on functions and B models. In the past we got 7-8 sets per year at most but they were properly designed, with solid build quality,  B models and motor upgradability. Nothing of these is true for most current sets, with lazy, bending builds and lacking playability. And ffs I'm so bored of the licensed cars. Not much to differentiate and they look like crap, like the Mitsubishi Eclipse looking Ford GT. When you're trying to recreate a real life car design with lego technic parts, it's just going to look like it's been hit with an axe. It's only the plucky little 10 dollar sets that still keep the Technic spirit alive. Both the dump truck and the snow groomer look brilliant.

Unless Lego get their act together I'm done with modern Technic. It has been in a downturn at least since 2016 or so, and especially 2019 when they started ditching B models. But if they keep doing it, it must be working for them, so my rant possibly is worthless anyway.

15 hours ago, Gimmick said:

I hope they use slopes on roof like on Volvo and not sticker like on small Deere from last year :wacko:

Edited by 1gor

9 hours ago, johnnytifosi said:

In the past we got 7-8 sets per year at most but they were properly designed, with solid build quality

Last time we only had 8 sets was 2008, that year the 8295 came out and was wobbly as hell. Since then, the number had gone up rather consistently. This of course is also in correlation with the number of sets sold in whole Lego lineup.

Don't get me wrong, I'd also rather have more real technic machinery and less cars, but see it in this way: Now that half the line-up is cars, we again have 8 "real" technic sets like in the "old days" :-D

BTW: In 2016 we had 12 models, 5 of them were cars ;-)

If the list is true, the Skidder is a larger scale with big Xerion tires. My Skidder on RB has only 505 parts and fits Zetros tires.

It has definitely Xerion tires with yellow rims. The 42157 Skidder is also candidate for Pneumatics.

n_img9.jpg

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

Last time we only had 8 sets was 2008, that year the 8295 came out and was wobbly as hell. Since then, the number had gone up rather consistently. This of course is also in correlation with the number of sets sold in whole Lego lineup.

Don't get me wrong, I'd also rather have more real technic machinery and less cars, but see it in this way: Now that half the line-up is cars, we again have 8 "real" technic sets like in the "old days" :-D

BTW: In 2016 we had 12 models, 5 of them were cars ;-)

I was more thinking of the 90s when talking about 8 sets per year but you get my point.

And even if we got lots of cars in 2016, we still got some bangers like the Xerion, the  Volvo handler or the bucket wheel excavator, with B models and power functions.

Btw this is the first year without a Control+ Set in the first half and no mentioning about release date of Liebherr Crane and no mentioning about another Control+ flagship summer set. Maybe there are problems with Control+, the App itself or components. 

11 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

If the list is true, the Skidder is a larger scale with big Xerion tires. My Skidder on RB has only 505 parts and fits Zetros tires.

It has definitely Xerion tires with yellow rims. The 42157 Skidder is also candidate for Pneumatics.

If only TLC would make compromise between our suggestions and make new 90-95mm tractor tires. I was thinking about snaller scale with Zetros tires and more details (more parts like Mack Anthem)

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

If only TLC would make compromise between our suggestions and make new 90-95mm tractor tires. I was thinking about snaller scale with Zetros tires and more details (more parts like Mack Anthem)

I think what any of us want or suggest is irrelevant. TLG releases what TLG releases and if we don't like it then so what.

I'm starting to wonder if the 42146 Liebherr is going to be the 2H 2023 flagship, and they have pushed this years back to become a 2024 flagship.  It's not realistic they are going to have 2 large flagship sets at circa £400/$450 fighting for the same customers/market space.

Edited by paul_delahaye

41 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

I'm starting to wonder if the 42146 Liebherr is going to be the 2H 2023 flagship, and they have pushed this years back to become a 2024 flagship.  It's not realistic they are going to have 2 large flagship sets at circa £400/$450 fighting for the same customers/market space.

Also Lego Icons: Hold my Eiffel tower and Lion knight's castle

Lego Marvel: Hold my Hulkbuster and black panther bust

All in all, it's just a matter of time Technic enters the era where more than one ~400 $/£/€ set gets released in a year.

Edited by Jockos

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

and if we don't like it then so what.

usually TLC thinks like that, but i think competition will make them rethink their behavior sooner than they think :wink: