MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would be ok with this so long as we stopped getting the constant clone battlepacks. We've had too many at this point.

Like, the 212th troopers are my favorite legion, and I don't have a single one of the new style 212th troopers, but I don't think I'd buy a 212th battle pack if it came out, say, august 2024. Not more than one, at least, unlike the large numbers of 501st packs I got. Generally speaking, at this point most people who wanted to army build clones, army built clones, and I think lego's going to start seeing diminishing returns.

(Not to mention, the constant clone packs mean we're losing out on rebel, imperial, first order, mandalorian, and scoundrel battle packs)

I just know I'm gonna end up getting these, warts and all, since I KNOW I'm gonna love the ahsoka show.

I definitely agree that there SHOULD be another battlepack this January but I would have it come out alongside the Clone battlepacks, not instead of. I genuinely think 2014 was the pinnacle of Star Wars sets - there were 4 small sets that all counted as battlepacks :wub_drool:. Ah, to be young again...

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Like, the 212th troopers are my favorite legion, and I don't have a single one of the new style 212th troopers, but I don't think I'd buy a 212th battle pack if it came out, say, august 2024. Not more than one, at least, unlike the large numbers of 501st packs I got. Generally speaking, at this point most people who wanted to army build clones, army built clones, and I think lego's going to start seeing diminishing returns.

As much as we talk about army building in this and other threads, it does seem like it's a dying art. The sets to do so are fewer and further between, and they're generally more expensive. It can't be easy for kids to build their own armies of several of the same soldier, or at least it's harder now than it was 5-10 years ago.

7 hours ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I genuinely think 2014 was the pinnacle of Star Wars sets - there were 4 small sets that all counted as battlepacks :wub_drool:. Ah, to be young again...

2014 only saw the release of 3 proper BPs though, while there were 4 in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 :tongue:

So after seeing solid brix review on the gunship it’s kind of made the gunship a bit worse for me.I still like how it looks display wise, looks pretty accurate but it’s so hollow on the inside with no features it just looks void and since it’s smaller accessing the inside definitely looks like a bit of a problem.Going to get 1 and probably save for the 2013 version it’s definitely a bit huge but the accessibility and how much it has to offer to do is more my alley.

Edited by Displayedaction

55 minutes ago, Displayedaction said:

So after seeing solid brix review on the gunship it’s kind of made the gunship a bit worse for me.I still like how it looks display wise, looks pretty accurate but it’s so hollow on the inside with no features it just looks void and since it’s smaller accessing the inside definitely looks like a bit of a problem.Going to get 1 and probably save for the 2013 version it’s definitely a bit huge but the accessibility and how much it has to offer to do is more my alley.

Interesting review. Putting this side-by-side with the previous iteration, it is really noticeably smaller.

Personally I don't mind that (I always prefer the smaller end of "minifigure" scale), but the dodgy access to the main bay is a shame. I'm looking forward to seeing how people mod it to add the second door, I suspect he's right that that would improve accessibility somewhat.

After watching a gunship review, I wish for the wing stud shooters, they had placed them on the bottom and had the top be a more representative design (with a bubble and dish laser emitter thing underneath). 

Also, that front compartment could have been filled with at least SOMETHING. Maybe I can fit the clone command station in there. 

75388 and 75389 confirmed to be store exclusives dropping in March 2024. Perhaps a Rex’s Y-Wing and Jabba’s Palace Diorama?

4 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

75388 and 75389 confirmed to be store exclusives dropping in March 2024. Perhaps a Rex’s Y-Wing and Jabba’s Palace Diorama?

Store exclusives as in "Exclusive to Target" or "Exclusive to Walmart" or do you mean Lego Exclusives? also, source?

5 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Source? 

7 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Perhaps a Rex’s Y-Wing and Jabba’s Palace Diorama?

More likely spoiler Ahsoka sets, or maybe a TBB set. 

4 minutes ago, Hhalcyon said:

Store exclusives as in "Exclusive to Target" or "Exclusive to Walmart" or do you mean Lego Exclusives? also, source?

Source for the numbers and theme are brickmerge (I just checked); not sure where the release date and exclusivity are coming from. 

2 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

Falconfan and BrickMerge are the sources.

20 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

They don't mention those sets as exclusives.

FalconFan said “Looks like some exclusive Star Wars Sets!”

10 hours ago, Displayedaction said:

He went in hard on that review, he is not wrong though.

Amazing how they give you what you want in terms of sets yet miss the mark in execution.

Shrunken set here, no back printing on Ahsoka's T-6, poor minifig execution (2 clone commanders that aren't accurate at all, no kamas while other sets have them),  I hate to say it but TLG need to seriously reset their department/team heads here.  Also their mining print person, clearly not enough research being done here.

There’s a review of the Ghost & Phantom II on brickset :sweet: Looks like an excellent set and a pretty substantial improvement over the 2014 version, but I wonder what’s up with the inaccurate exhaust colour. No biggie, but it is quite noticeable

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

There’s a review of the Ghost & Phantom II on brickset :sweet: Looks like an excellent set and a pretty substantial improvement over the 2014 version, but I wonder what’s up with the inaccurate exhaust colour. No biggie, but it is quite noticeable

Same issue on the UCS Slave 1. I don't get it, but it's an easy fix.

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I wonder what’s up with the inaccurate exhaust colour. No biggie, but it is quite noticeable

In addition, I reckon it looks super cool like that, especially in the opalescent colour (I don't think opal orange would have looked as good), so I don't think I'll bother fixing it when I get my hands on the set.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Brilliant, cheers.

Also noticed that we are missing a few others: 

40675 - likely a multi-pack (or a better word, currently can’t think of it!)  

Both May 2024 releases. 

From Brickmerge and BrickClicker and reported by FalconFan. 

According to Falconfan's Instagram these are brickheadz. I got excited thinking they were bringing back the figure packs like The Clone Command station because those were also in the 40-XYZ line.

A reminder since Ahsoka is dropping tonight, please avoid spoilers for 1 week after each episode is released. And for all our Americans, please be especially sensitive. Ahsoka will release Tue night for you, but super early Wed morning for everyone in Europe. So if you're in the US you could be ready to talk about the episode right after watching it when most everyone in Europe won't have had a chance to watch it yet.

41 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Has anyone had any luck finding sets early? If so, what stores?

I've seen quite a few people online find them at standard retailers like Target and Walmart. It's generally up to whether or not you can break the street-dating, which is pretty much up to the employee at the checkout desk. I know some people have found them on shelves but been made to put them back when they get to checkout.

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

A reminder since Ahsoka is dropping tonight, please avoid spoilers for 1 week after each episode is released. And for all our Americans, please be especially sensitive. Ahsoka will release Tue night for you, but super early Wed morning for everyone in Europe. So if you're in the US you could be ready to talk about the episode right after watching it when most everyone in Europe won't have had a chance to watch it yet.

At the risk of getting off topic I love seeing all the complaints from europeans about it coming out early in the morning, because that's what us Americans had from launch to now. :tongue:

For those who have found the Ghost already, does the Phantom 2 fit a normal-sized minifig? I'd be pretty annoyed if Hera can't be put inside.

9 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I had forgotten, thank you for the reminder! Super excited for the show. I'm hoping my interest for the sets related to the show will increase once I see them on-screen.

12 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

At the risk of getting off topic I love seeing all the complaints from europeans about it coming out early in the morning, because that's what us Americans had from launch to now. :devil_laugh:

Why'd they ruin a good thing :cry_sad:

25 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

For those who have found the Ghost already, does the Phantom 2 fit a normal-sized minifig? I'd be pretty annoyed if Hera can't be put inside.

Hera fits inside the cockpit. She does look overly large in there but she fits, and Choppers head can be attached on the side too.