MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Alex_South said:

Yo, Ahsoka's lightsabers look frosted, much better than the clear renders, also these sets look amazing in person.

instagram post of SDCC pics: link

That's insanely good news. I like this a lot more than the regular clear bars.

Disappointed by the T6, for me the 2011 version is still better. E-Wing and Shin Fighter are very well done, and the scale of the former is closer to the EU renditions I remember. Great minifigs for both sets.

Chewie is the Lego equivalent of the SW Christmas Special: unnecessary and weird.

Edited by Nobricksleft

Of course Ahsoka‘s lightsabers are frosted, transparent 4L bars have been frosted since 2019  :tongue: For the clear one, no non-frosted version exists as far as I know

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Of course Ahsoka‘s lightsabers are frosted, transparent 4L bars have been frosted since 2019  :tongue: For the clear one, no non-frosted version exists as far as I know

Pretty sure the one I got from the monkey kid city of lanterns was trans clear 

9 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Pretty sure the one I got from the monkey kid city of lanterns was trans clear 

They‘re still classified as trans-clear, but the 4L bars produced after 2019 are a bit more opaque compared to other transparent parts :classic: All the ones I got were like that (Mario ?-block, Endor chase, Atari, Little Mermaid). Compare it to other trans-clear parts and you‘ll see the difference

21 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Shame the inquisitors didn't get a new trans orange 4L for their sabers, but oh well

Yeah, that‘s my only gripe with the Ahsoka sets. Good thing trans-neon-orange ones exist! I‘m a purist, so I‘ll keep mine as they are, but for those who want to replace them, at least there‘s that option :laugh:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, that‘s my only gripe with the Ahsoka sets. Good thing trans-neon-orange ones exist! I‘m a purist, so I‘ll keep mine as they are, but for those who want to replace them, at least there‘s that option :laugh:

I love "upgrading" my figs. Have to see how this show plays out to warrant if I actually want Baylin and Shin, but will certainly be getting some orange 4L's if I go through on them!

Does the third inquisitor "Marrok" have orange blades in the show?

5 minutes ago, Old Master said:

I love "upgrading" my figs. Have to see how this show plays out to warrant if I actually want Baylin and Shin, but will certainly be getting some orange 4L's if I go through on them!

Does the third inquisitor "Marrok" have orange blades in the show?

No, he doesn't. In fact, he's the only inquisitor in the show. The other two seem to be something different.

Spoiler

From what I've heard, they're ex-Jedi turned mercenaries. Probably hired by Thrawn if I were to guess.

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

My only gripe as well. I hope I'll be able to pick up the set with Shin and Baylon, but if I do they're both getting thin capes, Baylon's getting new hair and gunmetal praetorian guard armor, and they're both getting trans-neon-orange blades. (TBH, I agree with lego's decision about the blades themselves. They don't do trans neon orange any more IIRC, and trans-red is closer to the show's color than trans-orange)

1 hour ago, Safwanus said:

No, he doesn't. In fact, he's the only inquisitor in the show. The other two seem to be something different.

Reveal hidden contents

From what I've heard, they're ex-Jedi turned mercenaries. Probably hired by Thrawn if I were to guess.

It's been pretty well-established from interviews and the like that Shin and Baylon are Dark Jedi in the 90s Thrawn Trilogy sense of the word (which is perfect, I like canon more than legends as a whole but the 90s Thrawn trilogy in particular was my favorite interpretation of a lot of that stuff), Jedi that have turned evil but do not serve the dark side in the way the Sith do.

Given Baylon's line in the trailer about knowing Anakin, and his overall appearance, I almost wonder (I want to make clear, WONDER. I have not read any leaks regarding his role beyond "bad guy") if he's to play a C'baoth type role in the show.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

40 minutes ago, Old Master said:

A bit odd that we have yet to see official Gunship reveal. They know we all saw it, what's the delay? 

No clue tbh....

37 minutes ago, Old Master said:

A bit odd that we have yet to see official Gunship reveal. They know we all saw it, what's the delay? 

It's kinda just a guess but the september sets we've seen so far are available for pre-order. We tend to see the pre-orderable sets earlier than the non-pre order sets. For example we saw the spider tank and the N1 microfighter AGES ago but we didn't see the rest of the august wave until a couple weeks or so ago.

I imagine the Coruscant Gunship wasn't really considered "hype" enough to justify a pre-order and therefore, we'll see that revealed in august. Which would be fair because the T6, the Ghost and the E wing vs Shin Hati are all based on a hyped up coming soon TV show, same with the mandalorian sets that are on pre-order but The Gunship is just a clone wars set, probably not enough impulsive hype train nonsense surrounding it to make a pre-order set up worth the effort. I also imagine they wouldn't do a pre-order for some random OT set like the Yavin 4 base for similar reasons.

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

Just wait for another 501st battle pack 2 electric boogaloo situation where we have in hand reviews before the reveal :(

4 hours ago, Old Master said:

Lego does this all the time, though. We've got images of sets rumored for 2025 releases. The amount of people who will buy the gunship who saw the leak is statistically insignificant.

3 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

I imagine the Coruscant Gunship wasn't really considered "hype" enough to justify a pre-order and therefore, we'll see that revealed in august. Which would be fair because the T6, the Ghost and the E wing vs Shin Hati are all based on a hyped up coming soon TV show, same with the mandalorian sets that are on pre-order but The Gunship is just a clone wars set, probably not enough impulsive hype train nonsense surrounding it to make a pre-order set up worth the effort. I also imagine they wouldn't do a pre-order for some random OT set like the Yavin 4 base for similar reasons.

I could definately see this. I also wonder if it might be that they think they know how well the gunship will sell, but pre-orders help them gauge sets they either think will do really well, or are worried about the popularity of, for what they'll need to be producing more stock of.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Baylon's getting new hair

what hair are you upgrading him with? 

I’m really digging the E-wing & starfighter set, both ships look excellent. But the T-6 seems somewhat bland to me, in part because of the lack of interior with just a single person cockpit.

But figure wise I vastly prefer the T-6. UGH.

Re the Gunship is there not like a toy event or comic con coming soon that maybe they are waiting till that to do a big reveal maybe alongside the venator in the coming weeks seeing as they are the only things left to be revealed 

So is the Christmas special set a regular retail set? I had assumed it would be some sort of promotional set, like a GWP or something?

I hope that next year we get a new MBS SW set or as I call it a hybrid set like the AT-AT & Razor Crest.  It’s disappointing that they aren’t going to give us an interior for the Ventor, I think it’s a huge missed opportunity tbh. 

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

So is the Christmas special set a regular retail set? I had assumed it would be some sort of promotional set, like a GWP or something?

Rumour is it’s a regular set. 

Is anyone else absolutely in love with the New Republic pilot helmet? The colour scheme is perfection.

Apologies if this is slightly off topic, but the Hasbro reveals from SDCC for Ahsoka have been quite interesting. The new Black Series / Vintage Collection figures for Ahsoka, Sabine (who also includes Ezra’s lightsaber), and Hera are all based on the upcoming show - however interestingly Grand Admiral Thrawn is based on Rebels. Certainly helps to paint a picture of what sort of information Lucasfilm has given out to their license partners for Ahsoka thus far. We don’t usually get multiple waves of sets based on Disney+ content, but I hope this show breaks that tradition. There’s just so much cool stuff in it for anyone who has been following the grapevine

Also super pleased that unlike Mandalorian Season 3, Lucasfilm has been more forthcoming about what’s in Ahsoka to their license partners. The overall quality of the tie-in merchandise is just much better IMO. The resurgence of Rebels as a result is also lovely to see, next year marks 10 years of the show and it would be awesome to see the characters reintroduced into Lego form.

48 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

Also super pleased that unlike Mandalorian Season 3, Lucasfilm has been more forthcoming about what’s in Ahsoka to their license partners. The overall quality of the tie-in merchandise is just much better IMO. The resurgence of Rebels as a result is also lovely to see, next year marks 10 years of the show and it would be awesome to see the characters reintroduced into Lego form.

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that Mando 3 had a fair few production issues, so perhaps that fed into that slightly. I agree that the quality is far higher; as an opening salvo of tie-in sets to a show, it's pretty perfect.

As much as Rebels 10-year sets would be nice, I'm not sure what they could do for it. The Ghost would have been the perfect choice were it not made for Ahsoka, and we'll surely see Ezra and Thrawn in sets next year. So maybe a remake of the Wookiee Gunship with Zeb. :laugh:

In one of the rendered Chewbacca images there are brown model joints on his bandolier, I'm going assume that this is some sort of rendering error as it'd be weird to break the colour lock for something so unimportant and then to use the most notoriously brittle pigment.

1 hour ago, ArrowBricks said:

Rumour is it’s a regular set. 

Odd choice for a regular set, I guess we must be getting another D+ Christmas special for it to the in to. Does sound like a fun set though, I'm certainly intergued.