MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

31 minutes ago, itsjustajoe said:

Malak is in a set you very much don’t want, hence him being an add-on.

@Mandalorianknight Just Malak coming for now. My mistake, it’s not Revan. I misinterpreted what Renown said.

Just fell to my knees and cried out. No Revan is disappointing cause he's a white whale fig for me but Malak is sick too. Also, it being in a set we don't want tells me it's the $100 Artoo as @Mandalorianknight suggested though IMO the midi-scale is really overpriced and so I also don't want those. Either way, they got me these cool anniversary figs cause I will end up wanting all of em.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I dunno. Given the two/three we know about are fan-favorites and visually dynamic characters, I can't see them putting "basic human woman in tan shirt and pants" in a set. I think you're 100% on the money on the figs being for the 25th anniversary of LSW though.

I kinda assumed this was the fives qoute since he said he'd delayed it, but the controversial aspect he hints at isn't really present there. Almost everybody wants Fives.

I definitely get what you're saying but in my head, the Podrace diorma set feels like the perfect combo with a Shmi anniversary fig since she is inw that part of the movie and is wanted in Lego.

To me, the Fives quote can't possibly mean anyone other than Fives cause the other major characters (Rex, Anakin, Tup) all have reasons to not be made as anniversary figs with Malak.

Rex: Just made for the new Venator, rerelease for the LSW anniversary seems a little toooo lazy. 

Anakin: So many better quotes for the @Renown and leakers to use to hint at Anakin. 

Tup: If TLG makes Tup before Fives that will be the most bonehead move ever.

Also with Malak confirmed I think it car more likely TLG will take the chance to make popular but niche characters and that is exactly who Fives is. 

49 minutes ago, itsjustajoe said:

Just Malak coming for now. My mistake, it’s not Revan. I misinterpreted what Renown said.

Is there no confirmation on Revan coming or do you know for certain that he isn't?

23 minutes ago, Unknown Jedi Master said:

Is there no confirmation on Revan coming or do you know for certain that he isn't?

No confirmation, for now

Love the news, always been a fan of KOTOR and Fives is one of my favorite clones, if not n°1 at least in the top 3, and if this escamotage opens the doors to legends characters I can start dreaming for an official Kyle Katarn.
The only thing I'm afraid about now is for TLG to pull the rug under our feet and make the figures golden as with HP and Ninjago's anniversaries. I can take a "25" backprint as with the 2019 ones, but please let them be with regular prints.

4 minutes ago, Per_SW said:

I'm afraid about now is for TLG to pull the rug under our feet and make the figures golden as with HP and Ninjago's anniversaries. I can take a "25" backprint as with the 2019 ones, but please let them be with regular prints.

Yeah can any of the leakers confirm the look of the minifigures? I don’t think they’d be golden but do they have the 25 years printed on their backs? 

2 minutes ago, Grabdatgem said:

Yeah can any of the leakers confirm the look of the minifigures? I don’t think they’d be golden but do they have the 25 years printed on their backs? 

They’re normal figs, Malak also has a new mold.

7 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Does fives have a printed kamma like Rex? 

9 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

They’re normal figs

Thank goodness for that, I can rest without worry now :D

Antilles in the hallway just made that set so much more appealing. And a midi scale Invisible Hand is great to see. Midi scale ships aren't my thing, but so glad there's some PT representation in the midi scale lineup. :classic:

It almost seems too good at that pricepoint and with Fives!

Oh wow the Tantive comes with SEVEN minifigures! For around 55 dollars! That’s going to be an insanely popular set for AFOLs I imagine.

Is it possible all the anniversary figures known about so far only come in the March sets? So no special minifigures in the Clone battlepack or Firehawk set. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Just want to hop in here- "literally 1984" is a meme. Most people who say it haven't read the book and a lot of em even use it to denigrate the book's warnings. God forbid these kids find Atlas Shrugged.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize it had become part of meme culture. Too bad as the book is excellent and has a powerful lesson that can't be summoned up in a meme.

57 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

No offence, are you credible? 

Time will tell. But we have someone vouching for his authenticity as a reddit contributor. 

What is actually going on lol, these sound great. Saying that though, I’m more into System scaled sets so I shall eagerly await tidings of what’s in the summer wave.

The midi-scale Invisible Hand having a hangar for Jedi Starfighters sounds interesting. The UCS Venator can barely include a tiny Gunship after all, and that gives waaaaay more leeway with scale given the set’s size.

Edited by Kaijumeister

8 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Oh wow the Tantive comes with SEVEN minifigures! For around 55 dollars! That’s going to be an insanely popular set for AFOLs I imagine.

Is it possible all the anniversary figures known about so far only come in the March sets? So no special minifigures in the Clone battlepack or Firehawk set. 

R2-D2 is scheduled for a May release so it's not just March sets.

Tantive boarding sounds insane. I remember think we were guessing Vader and either 2 stories and a rebel fleet trooper or 2 fleet troopers and a stormie. But Captain Antilles, 2 of each and Fives!? 

Can't wait to hair what anniversary figs are in the other sets ( presumably more in the summer may some more in the other known sets but I'm guessing not). Hopefully Malak and Fives will get thier partners (Revan and Echo ( but not BB Echo, though Fives could also be paired with Tup or Krell or 99) but if not then I'm still hoping for crazy unexpected figs like Fives and Malak. Talzin would be my pick honestly or Rebel Kallus )

Edited by Agent Kallus

4 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

What is actually going on lol, these sound great. Saying that though, I’m more into System scaled sets so I shall eagerly await tidings of what’s in the summer wave.

The midi-scale Invisible Hand having a hangar for Jedi Starfighters sounds interesting. The UCS Venator can barely include a tiny Gunship after all, and that gives waaaaay more leeway with scale given the set’s size.

It will be interesting to see the difference in scale between the Venator and the Invisible Hand. It’s cool that we’re getting more capital ships now, though. Hopefully Home One isn’t far behind. 

I agree about the system scale sets. I really hope these two are not the only ones to included these anniversary minifigures, but even if they are, it’s great to finally be getting them. 

LEGO Star Wars 75377 Midi Scale Invisible Hand

@Lifebricks

18 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize it had become part of meme culture. Too bad as the book is excellent and has a powerful lesson that can't be summoned up in a meme.

Time will tell. But we have someone vouching for his authenticity as a reddit contributor. 

Appreciate the response, cheers!

Malak = R2 D2

49 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

No confirmation, for now

"As long as we fight don't have confirmation, hope survives."

Speaking of which, Survivor Cal, PLEASE. This is our best chance to get the characters we otherwise never would. Mara, Starkiller, Kyle Katarn, Bane, the Shans, etc

38 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Assumably for his jaw thing, good to know they're doing him right. 

17 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Worse than that, a lot of the memes with the "literally 1984" thing are mocking the book's warnings/lessons.

20 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I'm so excited. My wallet is crying but I'd sell my kidney for this wave.

9 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Rebel Kallus

Under my own "probably going to be super iconic/visually interesting characters" we won't get this but MAN i would kill for it. I've got a custom using Kallus's head on Lobot's body with some different hair, but an official fig would be excellent.

3 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Malak = R2 D2

About what I expected. It'll be a rough bricklink price for the fig, but I gotta do it.

45 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Good! I was worried that his jaw was going to just be a print. BTW, can you tell if the mould is unique, or a reuse of a new Ultron jaw part? 

A sample size of 2 doesn’t really say much but overall, it seems like each 25th Anniversary minifigure is from a popular / relevant piece of non-saga SW Media?

Fives = The Clone Wars

Malak = KotoR

If this trend also continues into the Summer lineup, I can see one minifigure appearing from Rebels, Fallen Order / Survivor, etc.

On top of that it seems like these would be minifigures that can’t be readily slotted in to their own sets, so to speak. 

Edited by Kaijumeister

5 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

About what I expected. It'll be a rough bricklink price for the fig, but I gotta do it.

Tbh, im all over that R2-D2. I reckon it’s going to look really solid. 

Just now, Kaijumeister said:

On top of that it seems like these would be minifigures that can’t be readily slotted in to their own sets, so to speak. 

I’m pretty sure we will see OT, PT, ST

2 hours ago, itsjustajoe said:

Malak is in a set you very much don’t want, hence him being an add-on.

@Mandalorianknight Just Malak coming for now. My mistake, it’s not Revan. I misinterpreted what Renown said.

Pain. This wouldn’t be nearly as bad if I didn’t already have the buildable R2-D2 from a couple years ago, making this set pretty much as uninteresting as it gets. Ugh, looks like I’m probably going to be way overpaying for a single minifig one way or another.

26 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@itsjustajoe is a secondary source, so his information is dependent upon the reliability of his source(s). I did confirm via Discord that this member actually is him and not an imposter, however. 

2 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Good! I was worried that his jaw was going to just be a print. BTW, can you tell if the mould is unique, or a reuse of a new Ultron jaw part? 

If they went to the trouble of a new mold, my guess is it's specific to him. People used the 

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

Tbh, im all over that R2-D2. I reckon it’s going to look really solid. 

I'm not generally into the statues (though I do have BD-1), but if it looks nice I'll definately consider it. $100 is just a lot with everything that's coming. (Not even just from this theme, LOTR has TWO $500 ish sets now...)

1 minute ago, Kaijumeister said:

A sample size of 2 doesn’t really say much but overall, it seems like each 25th Anniversary minifigure is from a popular / relevant piece of non-saga SW Media?

Fives = The Clone Wars

Malak = KotoR

If this trend also continues into the Summer lineup, I can see one minifigure appearing from Rebels, Fallen Order / Survivor, etc.

I think we have a real shot at Cal, Mara, etc.

@NoOneOfImportance, you can change your signature again. Shame it was only a few days.

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I’m pretty sure we will see OT, PT, ST

Finally our chance to get Constable Zuvio!!

In all seriousness, going by ST characters that look cool and wouldn’t really fit into a regular set, I would love Sidon Ithano or Ochi of Bestoon! 

24 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

But Captain Antilles, 2 of each and Fives!? 

And Vader! This set went from not interesting me at all to a must-have! I just hope that Vader has the proper torso print. 

24 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Talzin would be my pick honestly

Talzin would be amazing! 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman