MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Just now, Old Master said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ok so Lego sold on Jacen's hair. Was most definitely green.

Spoiler

Lego is 2 for 2 on screwing up a characters hair color in a Ghost playset!

24 minutes ago, Old Master said:
  Hide contents

Ok so Lego sold on Jacen's hair. Was most definitely green.

Spoiler

That set really annoys me on a "lego clearly isn't giving them enough" perspective, because they clearly based it off this episode. I guarantee you the officer and pilot are gonna have a few lines next episode when Hera escapes and then we're not seeing them again. 

But as for the hair, there's no excuse unless disney CGI'd in green hair, which I REALLY doubt. Adding to that, the skin tone's off and his hair isn't even the right shape!

17 hours ago, Archer said:

Not necessarily related only to Star Wars, but how do ya'll deal with sets from the bad years of brown and dark red pieces?? I'm feel like I can't enjoy my Gunship/ Most republic ships, Sail Barge, MTT, Sandcrawler etc.. due to pieces breaking constantly. I have been extremely lucky so far that no stickered pieces have broken in the UCS Sandcrawler for example, but many of the other parts have broken, especially plates. Not a SW set, butI pulled out my Mines of Moria set to build again and a whole 4x10 brown plate has just snapped in half while in storage with exactly no weight on top of it, the roof of my Palace Cinema is best described as shards of plastic.

Many of the 2012-17 SW sets are highly sought after collectors things now so replacing some of the parts is ridiculous. Does anybody have any advice regarding this situation? Replacing the sticked parts seems nearly impossible.

It's just bad. I have minifigure parts break all the time right now. My Embo legs just shattered. For parts still in production you can ask Lego to replace them and they will. But for minifigures and stickers you're out of luck.

After seeing the first 2 episodes of Ahsoka I'm now okay with their choice to make Huyang with regular minifigure parts similar to C-3PO. His legs and arms are more spindly than a protocol droid, but beefier than a battle droid. I think they made the right choice to make him a full blown fig.

Well, 3 episodes in and Ahsoka is officially one of my favourite Star Wars shows right alongside Andor. It’s just ticking a lot of boxes for me.

On topic, I am so, so glad that not only have Lego dedicated three large sets towards the show, but also that the builds and minifigures are fantastic also. If any show deserved a wave like this chock full of cool ship designs and new minifigure parts, it’s this. Getting some HK Droids would have been icing on the cake.

Can’t help but lament how awesome a T6 Shuttle would have been at the price point of the Justifier or TRoS Millennium Falcon though. I’m really not a fan of great ships like this and the Havoc Marauder being severely compromised by being assigned (relatively) lower price points or having pieces dedicated towards side builds. At the very least, being able to accommodate three figures within the ship should have been the bare minimum. 

I really hope Lego covers more of this show next summer, there’s so much goodness in it and this is barely scratching the surface.

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Can’t help but lament how awesome a T6 Shuttle would have been at the price point of the Justifier or TRoS Millennium Falcon though. I’m really not a fan of great ships like this and the Havoc Marauder being severely compromised by being assigned (relatively) lower price points or having pieces dedicated towards side builds. At the very least, being able to accommodate three figures within the ship should have been the bare minimum. 

I think the inaccuracies with the Ahsoka sets are not unique to the series when translated in Lego, but it’s certainly more prominent. It really puts me off getting excited for new Star Wars content because I am not paying for stuff that’s just wrong, even if the mistakes are not Lego’s fault. 

In relation to the T6, though, it’s just a wrong decision, similar to the size and scale of the new Gunship. I’d have much rather Lego released the E-Wing and Hati’s Fighter separately and used that slot for the T6. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I think the inaccuracies with the Ahsoka sets are not unique to the series when translated in Lego, but it’s certainly more prominent. It really puts me off getting excited for new Star Wars content because I am not paying for stuff that’s just wrong, even if the mistakes are not Lego’s fault. 

In relation to the T6, though, it’s just a wrong decision, similar to the size and scale of the new Gunship. I’d have much rather Lego released the E-Wing and Hati’s Fighter separately and used that slot for the T6. 

Same. I would have preferred we had a layout like this for wave one:

Shin Hati's starfighter ($49.99): Shin Hati, Marrok, Ahsoka Tano, Sabine Wren (armor)

Baylan Skoll's shuttle ($89.99): Shin and Baylan's shuttle (Single-seater cockpit with room for 2 others in the main hold) with Shin Hati, Baylan Skoll, Morgan Elsbeth, NR officer, and 2x NR trooper.

Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Shuttle ($139.99): Larger shuttle with interior training room, 2-seater cockpit, and tailgun. Comes with Ahsoka Tano, Sabine Wren (no armor), Huyang, Hera Syndulla, Chopper, and 2x HK droid.

The existing one isn't bad and I still want all the sets, but this would have them at the top of my priority list. As-is, I'm mostly interested in the figs, as while I love Ahsoka's shuttle, it's absurd to me that it only fits 1 fig.

6 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

Well, 3 episodes in and Ahsoka is officially one of my favourite Star Wars shows right alongside Andor. It’s just ticking a lot of boxes for me.

Same here. The way I've been describing it to people is that if Andor's been the Breaking Bad of star wars (In terms of being just an excellent, grounded, deep show), Ahsoka is the Star Wars of Star Wars. It might not be quite as good on a character development or thematic level, but it's the most Star-Warsy the franchise has felt since Mando S1, maybe even the 80s. It's certainly the most continually excited I've been for a star wars project since I was a kid.

40 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Same here. The way I've been describing it to people is that if Andor's been the Breaking Bad of star wars (In terms of being just an excellent, grounded, deep show), Ahsoka is the Star Wars of Star Wars. It might not be quite as good on a character development or thematic level, but it's the most Star-Warsy the franchise has felt since Mando S1, maybe even the 80s. It's certainly the most continually excited I've been for a star wars project since I was a kid.

Still think The Ghost should be there. I’m expecting to see the ship in full action soon. 

I am enjoying the show. After all, it’s Filoni. I trust his version of Star Wars. He gets it.

What I actually hate is Disney+ shows. In this day and age it’s frankly impossible to avoid spoilers, but I would much prefer watching it all at once. I get why they don’t, but it does really limit the show. I recently watched Book of Boba again completely in the space of a few days, and it works way better. 

Separately, the AAT Polybag is interesting. I am currently writing a rather statically-heavy article on future Lego Star Wars Prequel sets. Of course, it seems Lego is celebrating Lego Star Wars from 1999 and by that token TPM. But, I wasn’t expecting this. Certainly, this is not me starting a rumour or anything like that. There is a strong correlation of Polybags and new releases quite recently though, isn’t there? 

Edited by ArrowBricks

10 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Separately, the AAT Polybag is interesting. I am currently writing a rather statically-heavy article on future Lego Star Wars Prequel sets. Of course, it seems Lego is celebrating Lego Star Wars from 1999 and by that token TPM. But, I wasn’t expecting this. Certainly, this is not me starting a rumour or anything like that. There is a strong correlation of Polybags and new releases quite recently though, isn’t there? 

You might be on to something. The last time the yearly polybag didn't correlate to a set releasing that same year was 2019 with the Naboo fighter (even then, we also got the 20th snowspeeder and podracer polybags corresponding to their respective sets) 2020 had Poe's X-wing, 2021 had the Lambda, 2022 had the hoth AT-ST, and 2023 had the X-wing.

27 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You might be on to something. The last time the yearly polybag didn't correlate to a set releasing that same year was 2019 with the Naboo fighter (even then, we also got the 20th snowspeeder and podracer polybags corresponding to their respective sets) 2020 had Poe's X-wing, 2021 had the Lambda, 2022 had the hoth AT-ST, and 2023 had the X-wing.

Great work. Plausible, then. Likely. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Baylan Skoll's shuttle ($89.99): Shin and Baylan's shuttle (Single-seater cockpit with room for 2 others in the main hold) with Shin Hati, Baylan Skoll, Morgan Elsbeth, NR officer, and 2x NR trooper.

We could still get this next year, as it seems like an obvious choice for a set! Maybe it could include some HK droids and the humanoid soldiers that the villains are using (first seen in Manod S2). 

Just as an aside, I like that both Shin and Marrok are using the same type of fighter, since it means that we can get two of 75364 and have no extras aside from the Minifigs. 

6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Of course, it seems Lego is celebrating Lego Star Wars from 1999 and by that token TPM.

This seems to be the case from what we can so far tell. It has been the better part of a decade since they've released much of anything for Episode I, and since it lines up with the anniversary of the first Lego Star Wars sets (many of which were for TPM), it would make a lot of sense for a mini-wave to celebrate.

So far we have (theoretically) the Podrace diorama and the buildable Droideka, plus the AAT polybag. Could be indicating a playscale AAT (Naboo style), and potentially more?

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Just as an aside, I like that both Shin and Marrok are using the same type of fighter, since it means that we can get two of 75364 and have no extras aside from the Minifigs.

Hey, shush! That's a little spoilery... haven't found the time to watch the episode yet.

Found Emperor's Throne Room at a 40% discount. Been hunting for it since it's released, since the official price is definitely too high.

Fantastic set, always wanted to have one based on that scene (since it's my favourite one in all of the Star Wars movies), but wasn't a huge fan of the previous set and its re-released copy.

Really impressively built, the window is incredible. Lots of unconventional techniques used, which resulted in an awesome building experience. The throne itself is so good too.

Really hope they continue with dioramas for years to come. The fact that we might be getting only one (and possibly microscale at that) next year is worrying.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Found Emperor's Throne Room at a 40% discount. Been hunting for it since it's released, since the official price is definitely too high.

Great deal, but you don’t need me to tell you that. 

One of the best sets I’ve seen in recent years, and I can’t wait to find a discount myself. 

I am looking forward to more diorama’s too, especially Prequel Trilogy. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

19 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Shin Hati's starfighter ($49.99): Shin Hati, Marrok, Ahsoka Tano, Sabine Wren (armor)

Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Shuttle ($139.99): Larger shuttle with interior training room, 2-seater cockpit, and tailgun. Comes with Ahsoka Tano, Sabine Wren (no armor), Huyang, Hera Syndulla, Chopper, and 2x HK droid. 

The existing one isn't bad and I still want all the sets, but this would have them at the top of my priority list. As-is, I'm mostly interested in the figs, as while I love Ahsoka's shuttle, it's absurd to me that it only fits 1 fig.

Great take, I also feel this way about the show and it's relation to andor, I remember that in the early days of andor everyone was dog-piling the hate train to try and pull apart those early episodes, AK-47 blasters and boring pacing or  "not star wars", but then after "one way out" and luthen's speech nobodies complaints held water and the show has cemented itself as high-quality TV. I think ahsoka is on a similar trajectory, it's low hanging fruit to nitpick early stuff because it's starting slow and establishing a new direction and folding in animated series lore. But the trajectory is set to build to incredible heights and it's already kicking into gear with Ep3. This is my favorite star wars outside of Andor, it really feels like Star Wars "The Next Generation"  for me haha.

I also think this is one of the better LEGO waves, but I 100% agree with your disappointment. Ahsoka's shuttle was the biggest misstep, it could have been scaled up to fit with the falcon cockpit and have a full interior which could have been accessed in the same way the current one is with those roof panels flipping up, it also had the potential to have one of the most sensible boarding ramps/side hatch play features. Now I am left hoping we get a UCS of the ship, but that seems so far fetched considering the ghost is probably first in line for that treatment, but I would rather have a UCS T-6 after how well we are getting to know the ship in this show. I will still get the T-6 and Ghost, they will go great together on my shelf. But I will wait to see if Baylan and Shin get better releases next year.

I do still think there is a chance we get the Jedi Shuttle, maybe as a CW era set or as Baylan Skoll's shuttle, I really want LEGO to take another pass at Baylan and Shin minifigs. Next summer feels like the last chance to fill out Ahsoka sets.

Got the Coruscant Gunship and the T-6 today. Built the gunship first and it’s a play scale gunship alright. It surprised me just how compact it is relative to the 2013 one, but I think they got the scale closer to what it should be than past iterations. The colour scheme is gorgeous and I still appreciate that they went with a totally different iteration to what we’re used to. The main issue is just the lack of accessories, such as something to go in the front compartments. The lack of split doors is also not great. The figures range from great to good, with Fox falling into the latter. He’s flawed but ultimately I do like the figure and there are easy improvements that can be made. Padme, Palpy and the shocks are all wonderful however. 

Overall I don’t think it’s a downgrade over the last one so to speak, but it’s not an upgrade either and that’s the issue as it’s been a decade since the 2013 set. It’s not last year’s AT-TE but I’m still glad I own it, and I say this as somebody who has the last version.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:26 AM, Kaijumeister said:

On topic, I am so, so glad that not only have Lego dedicated three large sets towards the show, but also that the builds and minifigures are fantastic also. If any show deserved a wave like this chock full of cool ship designs and new minifigure parts, it’s this. Getting some HK Droids would have been icing on the cake.

I really hope Lego covers more of this show next summer, there’s so much goodness in it and this is barely scratching the surface.

Im with you on the T-6, but will get it for the figures, and the hope I can use a chunk of it for a better MOC down the road, not the size of the other one on here recently, but something a smidge bigger and better detailed.

Does anyone know if Barnes and Noble is getting these sets tomorrow? Nothing on their site.

Their 10% member discount is the only way I justify some of these sets lol

19 minutes ago, Old Master said:

Does anyone know if Barnes and Noble is getting these sets tomorrow? Nothing on their site.

Their 10% member discount is the only way I justify some of these sets lol

I have had decent luck in the past getting ahold of the sets on release day at B&N - specifically with the Rogue One line.
However, I have had to ask employees to check the back.

Honestly, I would call your local store and ask if they will have them available, referencing the UPC numbers which are available on the product detail pages for each set at Brickset.
They should already have them or know if/when they will have them in stock.

I don't if I've ever bought a set day one before but I plan on going to the Lego shop tomorrow and getting some these September 1st releases ( maybe all bar Chewie) as well as some of the new marvel CMF.

Hopefully by the time of the 'Space' Cmf ( which I still don't think is gonna be star wars but it's a possibility) we'll've perfected the art of knowing whose in a box to a fine art :laugh:

29 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I don't if I've ever bought a set day one before but I plan on going to the Lego shop tomorrow and getting some these September 1st releases ( maybe all bar Chewie) as well as some of the new marvel CMF.

Hopefully by the time of the 'Space' Cmf ( which I still don't think is gonna be star wars but it's a possibility) we'll've perfected the art of knowing whose in a box to a fine art :laugh:

My daughter really wanted 3 of the new Marvel Series Two CMFs. So, I went with her to our local Target with a milligram scale and Jay's Brick Blog's weight guide.

We ended up getting 2 of the 3 figures she wanted right away, as their weights were different enough.
But because several of the others had weights that were so close, we ended up buying 5 unique characters in total - including the 3 she wanted.

I suppose that's a success because you can never have too many LEGO minifigures, right?

5 hours ago, lomis said:

Honestly, I would call your local store and ask if they will have them available, referencing the UPC numbers which are available on the product detail pages for each set at Brickset.
They should already have them or know if/when they will have them in stock.

Solid advice, I'm all set for tomorrow! 

T-6 is a must for me solely based on minifigures. Build is not as horrendous as some feel, though not amazing.

Heavily debating the Shin's fighter vs E-Wing set. Morgan, Baylan, and Shin are must have figs, but I don't really want either ships or the NR figs. B+N discount knocks it down to $100, but just don't know if I need all the extra.

Ghost was pre-ordered a whilleeeee ago : )

The holiday set has been revealed! My favourite element is definitely the Jedi textbook. Too bad they didn’t bring back the yellow 4L bar though :sad: The trans-bright green one doesn’t work.