MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I would honestly not mind a remake of the Droid Escape Pod set. If lego played their cards right it would be a great way for people to get R2 with back printing and 3PO with arm printing in an affordable set, possibly even with a Sandtrooper

7 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Brickmerge listed the set as 8+, and as such, it can’t be one of the diorama collection sets. 

Could it be a typo? 8 instead of 18? 

Tbh I hope it isn't a diorama with how overpriced they always feel . Getting rid of the black base gives more pieces for the actual build. 

12 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Brickmerge listed the set as 8+, and as such, it can’t be one of the diorama collection sets. 

It could still have diorama in the name of the set, but it won’t be part of the black base series. 

Thanks for answering so quickly! Good to know, is there a link to this? 

6 minutes ago, Batman1 said:

Thanks for answering so quickly! Good to know, is there a link to this? 

https://www.brickmerge.de/75387-1_lego-star-wars-lego

11 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

Could it be a typo? 8 instead of 18? 

Tbh I hope it isn't a diorama with how overpriced they always feel . Getting rid of the black base gives more pieces for the actual build. 

I don't think so.

Anyway, if it was a diorama it would release in May. 

41 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Oh. Welp, all that means is that the build won‘t be quite as nice. The minifigs would have been utterly boring either way. Definitely the least interesting set of the entire 1HY to me (apart from the downscaled R2)

Really? I'm actually quite surprised we've never got it as a LEGO set.

After all, it's the first Star Wars scene / sequence ever. I think that definitely makes it interesting imo.

2 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Oh dear....the T-6 is missing red bricks on the other side of the ship so it looks asymmetrical....how on earth did Lego miss that...thats bad.

That's what turned me off of the model. Such a shame!

3 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Oh dear....the T-6 is missing red bricks on the other side of the ship so it looks asymmetrical....how on earth did Lego miss that...thats bad.

that is a bummer, I love everything else about this set, IMO it's still ok since the wings can be rotated to feature the good side from any display angle and I sort of prefer the more horizontal wing positions than the vertical ones where this issue might be more glaring.

35 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I would honestly not mind a remake of the Droid Escape Pod set. If lego played their cards right it would be a great way for people to get R2 with back printing and 3PO with arm printing in an affordable set, possibly even with a Sandtrooper

After seeing the quality of the Marvel CMF that is coming out, I have had it with Star Wars figure prints getting skimped and dual molded locked behind and exclusive to UCS sets when it's in a $5 foil pack. Once they print something (ie. R2 with back printing and the UCS 3P0) that should become the standard. 

37 minutes ago, Old Master said:

After seeing the quality of the Marvel CMF that is coming out, I have had it with Star Wars figure prints getting skimped and dual molded locked behind and exclusive to UCS sets when it's in a $5 foil pack. Once they print something (ie. R2 with back printing and the UCS 3P0) that should become the standard. 

I mean it’s a completely different budget. For a CMF the entire budget goes towards the figures. We definitely can’t make the claim that all Star Wars figures should get CMF quality, it’s just not realistic. Marvel figures in sets get way less treatment than the CMFs. In fact, they get very few new molds, unlike Star Wars figures

Hearing that the Tantive IV Boarding may not be a diorama actually makes a lot of sense. The price point is really low for an 18+ set (especially one with minifigs) given what they've been putting out the past few years. This could present a much better value as a simplified play/display set like the Dark Trooper Attack, and leave space for extra minifigs to fill it out.

While I love the diorama sets and wouldn't complain about having more of them, a part of me is glad that there is one less to get this next year. There has just been so much for 18+ Star Wars that I collect, and next year seems like a little bit of a lighter year for that so far. 

1 hour ago, Alex_South said:

that is a bummer, I love everything else about this set, IMO it's still ok since the wings can be rotated to feature the good side from any display angle and I sort of prefer the more horizontal wing positions than the vertical ones where this issue might be more glaring.

Same, and yeah, fair point.

5 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Ouch... that is rough. It's not a dealbreaker for me, as I'm only going to have it displayed with one side visible, but for kids, or anyone who does like swooshing them... ouch.

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

My guess is if it’s not an official diorama, it’s probably something similar to the Luke vs Dark Troopers set

I'd prefer a diorama, but I'd also love this. A good way to get a large number of Fleet Troopers, something we haven't had a reliable method of massing since 2008. For the standard rebel soldier, they should be MUCH easier to obtain than one every half-decade or so.

Now that we believe we’re only getting one Diorama I have to admit I’m disappointed because there are so many good TPM Diorama’s we could get (Duel of the Fate,Gungan City with Boss Nass,lucrehulk (like TPM start screen on Skywalker Saga),Theed Palace Throne,Victory Celebration with new Palpatine,Padme,Anakin variants and Boss Nass.) 

2 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Is this just wishlisting, or was a Droid Escape remake rumoured somewhere? 

55 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Is this just wishlisting, or was a Droid Escape remake rumoured somewhere? 

Not a rumor, not really a wishlist either (although granted it is phrased like that but that’s not how I intended it), just a thought process on something that could work based on the discussion around the Tantive IV “diorama” and the recent talk about the 3PO and R2 with extra printing

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

Also according to brickmerge, the Droideka is 65 euro instead of 60 as reported by promobricks https://www.brickmerge.de/75381-1_lego-star-wars-lego.

Edit: seem more sets are more expensive:
the Tantive IV is 80 instead of 70. Piececount is 654.
The Falcon is 85 euro for 921 parts 
Boonta Eve Podrace Diorama is 80 euro instead of 70, 718 parts.

Edited by betaplayer

1 hour ago, Legofan2001 said:

Now that we believe we’re only getting one Diorama

Maybe one of the unknown sets could prove to be a diorama that's currently under wraps? I guess time will tell.

Update to something i said a few days ago.

LEGO Star Wars Spider Tank 75361 IS In-fact exclusive to The Entertainer here in the UK (and the lego store) I really didn't think they were a big enough retailer to get an exclusive, much less a Mandalorian Season 3 exclusive. So if you're in the UK and looking for that set, other than Lego themselves, your only option is The Entertainer.

Edit: You can also get most "exclusives" from shopdisney.co.uk but certainly don't expect any discounts from them either.

Edited by Hhalcyon

£130 ($165) for the gunship is a definite oof. That's a £100 set at most. I like it but its smaller and less part than the last gunship for more money. I hope it goes on sasa lele if you know what I mean. ( Well actually I still hope so even if you don't have a clue what I mean).

Also 5 minifigures at that price. ERP :hmpf_bad:

Also I still love the design but the doors not opening in two sections is another gripe that I hadn't noticed at first.

Hope the shock trooper comes to the magazine soon.

2 hours ago, Hhalcyon said:

LeGO Star Wars Spider Tank 75361 IS In-fact exclusive to The Entertainer here in the UK (and the lego store) 

That's another oof.

Edited by Agent Kallus

41 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

£130 ($165) for the gunship is a definite oof. That's a £100 set at most. I like it but its smaller and less part than the last gunship for more money. I hope it goes on sasa lele if you know what I mean. ( Well actually I still hope so even if you don't have a clue what I mean).

Also 5 minifigures at that price. ERP :hmpf_bad:

Also I still love the design but the doors not opening in two sections is another gripe that I hadn't noticed at first.

Hope the shock trooper comes to the magazine soon.

That's another oof.

People tend to complain about lack of detail on Star Wars figures lately. Personally I don’t think it’s an issue. The real issue is exactly what you just said. Big sets do not come with nearly enough figures! It’s really common to see a $100+ set with three or four figures. That’s honestly unacceptable. Even a $50 set like the spider tank that only comes with two minifigures (plus tiny little Grogu) is not ok.

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

People tend to complain about lack of detail on Star Wars figures lately.

They do? Star Wars figures are more detailed than ever. They almost always have leg prints and now arm prints are becoming more common in regular sets in Star Wars as well.

What people complain about is incorrect details. The only actual lack I've seen people complain about lately is the lack of kamas, and the poor way they're represented in print instead.

2 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

They do? Star Wars figures are more detailed than ever. They almost always have leg prints and now arm prints are becoming more common in regular sets in Star Wars as well.

What people complain about is incorrect details. The only actual lack I've seen people complain about lately is the lack of kamas, and the poor way they're represented in print instead.

I agree, but I have seen a lot of people saying lego has been skimping out on detail for Star Wars figures and being lazy and blah blah blah. They can be inconsistent sometimes, but I do think overall Star Wars figures have been getting really good lately, especially compared with something like Marvel figures that seem to be consistently under detailed (CMFs obviously don’t count here). Plus thankfully star wars hasn’t started using the awful single-hole capes yet

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

50 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree, but I have seen a lot of people saying lego has been skimping out on detail for Star Wars figures and being lazy and blah blah blah. They can be inconsistent sometimes, but I do think overall Star Wars figures have been getting really good lately, especially compared with something like Marvel figures that seem to be consistently under detailed (CMFs obviously don’t count here). Plus thankfully star wars hasn’t started using the awful single-hole capes yet

Honestly I think figures peaked in 2012-2014. Like that Queen Amidala from 2012 and 2013 Padme are peak. Heck not to mention how incredible the 2013 Dooku,ROTS 2014 Clones,all the 2012-2013 Jabba Figures are.