MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

3 hours ago, Renown said:

Seems like you've picked up some info somewhere. Is this a FoggyFate burner account?

Nah I’m done with the leaks lol.

2 minutes ago, Bricky Dee Williams said:

If there’s a battle pack, I just hope both sides have fun!

The real battle pack was the friends we made along the way, am I right? 

29 minutes ago, Bricky Dee Williams said:

If there’s a battle pack, I just hope both sides have fun!

This should be lego's new battle pack slogan. I want this plastered on every box.

32 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Nah I’m done with the leaks lol.

Massive, incredible respect for you coming out and saying this instead of using your track record to make random stuff up like other leakers (coughs in marvel studios)

7 hours ago, SketchBrick said:

[…] and the Mos Espa race is indeed pretty iconic as far as Star Wars scenes go. I wonder what the quote would be?

„Poodoo“ :laugh_hard: 

A podrace diorama sounds great! I generally prefer minifig-scale dioramas, but this has potential nonetheless. Hope it includes more than just Anakin‘s and Sebulba‘s podracers

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

We got follow up sets for Mando Seasons 1 and 2, and we need Thrawn and Ezra! 

Oh wow you’re completely right, don’t know what I was thinking!

In that case yes, we need M O R E.

Hopefully we get the Gunship revealed by the end of this week. Frustrating to stagger the reveal of sets that release on the same day.

Most of them are on the NZ website now except for the Yoda starfighter. Most of them have been available at local retailers for a few days, only one I haven't seen is the Mando S3 spider tank.

14 hours ago, samspagoot said:

Like the fact that a Podracer Diorama is on the horizon?

Its kind of Lego Star Wars 25 anniversary set? so are we expecting the anniversary wave ?

51 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

They are for me, or at least the 332nd one is: https://www.lego.com/en-au/product/332nd-ahsoka-s-clone-trooper-battle-pack-75359

Edit: mechs are too.

Oh yeah, the mechs were put on there a while ago, and there's the spider tank too of course. Didn't know the BP was there, so maybe it's just Yoda's starfighter and Yavin IV missing now?

Edit: The BP, starfighter, and Yavin were all put up sometime between my original post and the time you stumbled across this one, lmao. They're all there now.

Edit 2: They don't seem to have a release date tied to them, perhaps they're delayed for some bizarre reason? That would be weird as other stores here already have them. Glob knows what's going through their heads :laugh_hard:

Edited by AD_Bricks

Saw some August sets on the shelves at Walmart today. $20 CAD for the mechs is just a ridiculous price. Yoda’s starfighter is cool, and I’m going to get it at some point, but I’ll probably wait until it’s on clearance or buy it when I need it to meet a GWP threshold.

57 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

Its kind of Lego Star Wars 25 anniversary set? so are we expecting the anniversary wave ?

They celebrated the 20th anniversary, so I see no reason to skip the 25th :laugh: I don‘t want them to release remakes of older sets though, they already did than in 2019 (and technically they‘re doing it every year) :tongue:

Ideally, they go the Potter route and release normal sets, but with golden minifigs as a gimmick. Pearl gold versions of Vader, Chewy, Stormies and more would be pretty dope!

1 hour ago, Duke27 said:

I don't think so, I'm pretty sure they only celebrate anniversaries with dates that end with '0'.

Promobricks have more information! https://www.promobricks.de/lego-star-wars-2024-erste-infos/174690/

• No more helmets it seems
  • Tantive IV and MF midi-scale sets
  • Tantive IV diorama
  • Buildable R2 (smaller than the last one)
  • Buildable Droideka
  • Grogu Escape set from Mando S3
  • No regular BP
  • The $140 set is allegedly based on Skeleton Crew

Sounds decent, apart from the lack of Imperial Commandos and Ahsoka sets. Then again, the list is not complete yet

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Does this news warrant the creation of the 2024 thread?

23 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Podracer and Clone BP sound very exciting, if true. I am not sure where we are at with all of these. Something about a YJA ship as well? Not sure if any of this has weight to it. 

it's promo, so i'd lean toward this being incredibly strong information

Also, RIP helmets (for now hopefully) such a fun run :pir-bawling:

Delighted by the return of midi-scale, but the demise of helmets is a bummer. Still, I can see why the two wouldn't exist on shelves at the same time in case they cannibalise each other's sales.

Grogu's Escape from the Jedi Temple sounds interesting and for 29,99€ it's not too expensive. I'm also interested to see how the podrace diorama turns out :thumbup:

They also write the "super battle pack" for 29,99€ has 215 parts and up to 10 figures, amongst them super battle droids. The clone legion is unknown for now.

The only interesting sounding sets for me are the droideka and the pod race....but I have no idea whether that'll be a minifigure scale one or a more modular one. Where on earth are the gunship photos?!?!

Oh boy, midi scale Tantive IV and Millennium Falcon? Sounds great! That big Skeleton Crew set better be amazing, but I'm confident they'll do a good job based on how good the new Ghost is.

14 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I just hope the pod race is not micro scale!

It's a $70 Podrace... It'll definitely have to be midi-scale if it's in diorama format (see Trench Run). 

9 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

It's a $70 Podrace... It'll definitely have to be midi-scale if it's in diorama format (see Trench Run). 

Then i am not gonna buy it :laugh: