MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

One of the r/Legoleak mods seems to think the other vehicle in the dogfight set is a downsized X-Wing, though I’m hoping for an E-Wing given the latest trailer.

Hmm if it is an X-wing, I'll probably pass on the set unless it looks really good...I got the last downsized X-Wing and don't really want another one...that and The Ghost, T-6, and Gunship way more already.

A downsized X-wing doesn't make sense, they're already selling a perfectly good downsized X-wing.

Just now, icm said:

A downsized X-wing doesn't make sense, they're already selling a perfectly good downsized X-wing.

They're selling a giant Gunship....yet another one is coming out but with different colours.

If it is the E-wing in the third Ahsoka set, hopefully the astromech is the Kenner one. 

2 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

f it is the E-wing in the third Ahsoka set, hopefully the astromech is the Kenner one. 

This is reddit so grain of salt, but....Ive heard it'll be its own set in 2024.

The E-wing and X-wing have some similarities, perhaps the person on reddit has just got it wrong...

One can hope that they have.  An E-wing would be great, better if they were from Rogue Squadron or Wraith Squadron as a further nod to the EU.

You know a downsized x wing could be quite cool, especially if it’s in scale with the ghost - I kind of want to create a small rebel base with the ghost at its centre 

Also the E Wing and Shins ship are both grey so hopefully if an x wing is included it will be more colourful - Red and white or white and blue 

I don't like the looks of Shin's ship, so I would be irritated if the E-wing would only be available with that one.

3 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

I don't like the looks of Shin's ship, so I would be irritated if the E-wing would only be available with that one.

Agreed. Also a white and blue E-Wing would be awesome.

3 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Conversely a lot of us have X-wings already and so might be irritated if shins ship would only be available with an X-wing rather than some thing much more rare and interesting, like say, an E-wing.

I'm still gonna assume it's a daul pack of Shin's ship and a E-wing, because the Reddit mods have not earned the trusted source label.

I don‘t really care whatever -Wing is in that set, as long as we get an E-Wing at some point :laugh: And if it ends up being an X-Wing, at least give it an interesting colour scheme, TLG :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

11 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Conversely a lot of us have X-wings already and so might be irritated if shins ship would only be available with an X-wing rather than some thing much more rare and interesting, like say, an E-wing.

As a treat, those of you that don't want an X-wing will get one in a neat and different color scheme

4 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Is this legit? Also, Sabine color scheme? 

Oh wait no no no, it was a joke! Man I'm gonna feel stupid when I'll see that floating around as a rumour in a few days :tongue:

On 7/12/2023 at 3:42 PM, icm said:

Pretty sure the 2021 X-Wing is retiring this year.

Personally, I’m 50/50 on if it will be a New Republic X-Wing or A-Wing but I do really want that E-Wing as a set. I also want that helmet Sabine’s wearing on the bike in that part of the trailer as a minifig part too, so maybe we could just get a separate set based on that scene?

Edited by The Stud

2 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Oh wait no no no, it was a joke! Man I'm gonna feel stupid when I'll see that floating around as a rumour in a few days :tongue:

Wow I am dumb. All good, I see the joke now. Quite a good one too!

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

Yeah I'm really hoping it's an E-wing with Shin's ship. Both are cool and new. I'm beyond sick to death of X-Wings. 

On 7/12/2023 at 2:17 PM, Mr Ogel said:

in Germany the magazine also uses sometimes tape - don't know on what it is depending  (probably still not interesting to most of you)

The issue I got glued was itself sealed in a bag, I've since gotten a copy of the German edition of the Ninjago magazine which was taped, so perhaps it's the outer bag that determines whether it's glued or taped?

2 hours ago, Old Master said:

so quiet as of late, was thinking that Ahsoka trailer would unearth some more content.

I’m betting we’ll get official reveals in the next week or so, but agree it would’ve been nice to see some pictures by now. I was expecting a deluge after last week’s Ghost reveal.

Hilarious how the August wave releases in 2 weeks but hardly anyone is excited for that. 

Is the Gunship coming out in September? If so why? Surely it would Make more sense for it to be released in August along with the summer wave. I always thought the September wave was the Ashoka wave. We were going to get 4 sets on the expensive side in September surely it would have made business sense to bring the gunship in the August wave.

The only reason I can think of is the very small chance that the gunship could link to the series as well (didn’t they case a younger actress to play her in a possible flashback maybe it links to that) ? 

2 hours ago, Llewop said:

Is the Gunship coming out in September? If so why?

It is. No idea why, but it's not the first time a random, completely unrelated set gets released alongside a wave dedicated to a new film or show. Remember the ANH Death Star set that was inexplicably released alongside the first TROS wave in 2019? :laugh:

2 hours ago, Llewop said:

Is the Gunship coming out in September? If so why? Surely it would Make more sense for it to be released in August along with the summer wave. I always thought the September wave was the Ashoka wave. We were going to get 4 sets on the expensive side in September surely it would have made business sense to bring the gunship in the August wave.

The only reason I can think of is the very small chance that the gunship could link to the series as well (didn’t they case a younger actress to play her in a possible flashback maybe it links to that) ? 

I can't be the only one noticing Lego tends to spread out quite a lot of the licensed releases/reveals these days?  Probably to keep the hype train going all year round? (And hoping our wallets can swallow it more easily :p)

1 minute ago, betaplayer said:

I can't be the only one noticing Lego tends to spread out quite a lot of the licensed releases/reveals these days?  Probably to keep the hype train going all year round? (And hoping our wallets can swallow it more easily :p)

Just don’t make sense releasing 4 expensive sets at the same time. I get the 3 for Ahsoka but cost of living atm I’m deciding on which one to buy and waiting for a sale on the others. Gunship was the big summer set along with Yavin I might be able to afford them