MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

12 hours ago, ARC2149Nova said:

I think you're both right about the color scheme, more of a Royal Blue color if anything. But I have hope for them, eventually.

As to the Yavin figures, I know the boots already exist, just would be nice if Lego was consistent in giving us dual-molded legs. (They're always in the minifig towers at Lego stores for crying out loud).

It would be nice, and I can't imagine it's that much more expensive to put them in sets. 

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

On a highway on Lothal, Sabine flies a painted 614-AvA speeder bike under an E-wing (!!!), so that may be the NR ship that we are getting! 

The E-wing is interesting, but it notably doesn't seem to have an astromech slot. That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't the set, as of course, we literally just saw a $100 ship 2-pack with a random astromech thrown in, but it would surprise me a little.

My hope would be for E wing and Y wing, though I wouldn’t be upset about an E wing plus “bad guy ship” pack

E-Wing?

I checked those out earlier today and it has an astromech slot, but that is inside the ship, just behind the pilot.

12 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I wonder will we get a Thrawn figure next year ?

Almost certainly. 

There will be a set Jan-May with him and probably the other missing characters so far such as Ezra. 

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

Almost certainly. 

There will be a set Jan-May with him and probably the other missing characters so far such as Ezra. 

Hopefully we will get Zeb too but I'm not sure if he appears in Ahsoka.

22 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Hopefully we will get Zeb too but I'm not sure if he appears in Ahsoka.

I’m sure if he appears we will get him. 

Anyone expecting a much more detailed interior for the Ghost? I think it’s definitely necessary as the last one was so poor on the interior side and given that this has 400/500 extra pieces then surely that makes it a possibility. 

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The E-wing is interesting, but it notably doesn't seem to have an astromech slot. That doesn't necessarily mean it isn't the set, as of course, we literally just saw a $100 ship 2-pack with a random astromech thrown in, but it would surprise me a little.

The Legends E-wing also has a third blaster cannon on the top of the ship, which the Ahsoka version clearly does not, so I can also see an external droid slot being added to the Canon design. There is space for it now, and there seems to be either a raised or a recessed (difficult to tell with the lighting) section directly behind the cockpit that could be an empty droid slot. 

4 hours ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Yeah Im wondering perhaps if the mystery Ahsoka set is an E-Wing vs Shin starfighter or whatever. That'd be super interesting 

This is what I am leaning towards, as well. 

4 hours ago, josebricks said:

My hope would be for E wing and Y wing, though I wouldn’t be upset about an E wing plus “bad guy ship” pack

I doubt it's a Y-Wing considering there's meant to be a small one coming with Yavin IV.

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I wonder will we get a Thrawn figure next year ?

I hope so. The Mandalorian didn’t get Gideon until the summer wave after season 2 and The Book of Boba Fett didn’t really get Cad Bane or the Pikes, but Kenobi and arguably Andor had the main villains in their sets, so hopefully LEGO is getting better at including them. Given the popularity of Thrawn and the fact that he will seemingly be a more prominent villain, especially as time goes by, I’m sure he’ll come eventually. I just hope they don’t pull a Rex. 

1 hour ago, Rwbricks said:

I hope so. The Mandalorian didn’t get Gideon until the summer wave after season 2 and The Book of Boba Fett didn’t really get Cad Bane or the Pikes, but Kenobi and arguably Andor had the main villains in their sets, so hopefully LEGO is getting better at including them. Given the popularity of Thrawn and the fact that he will seemingly be a more prominent villain, especially as time goes by, I’m sure he’ll come eventually. I just hope they don’t pull a Rex. 

I don't know if you can even say Andor had a main villain, but I don't think Syril is even if you argue it does have a main villain.

That said, I think Thrawn is a shoe-in for 2024 in some form.

3 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

Heck, I'm still holding out hope for a set based on the finale of Book of Boba Fett with Boba, his Rancor, Cad Bane, Krrsantan, a Scorponek Droid and a couple Pykes.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I don't know if you can even say Andor had a main villain, but I don't think Syril is even if you argue it does have a main villain.

The main villain of Andor is the Empire itself, but the most prominent antagonistic character is Dedra Meero (who we have not gotten). The set that we did get was good for the first three episodes (aside from needing 1-2 more corpos), though. 

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That said, I think Thrawn is a shoe-in for 2024 in some form.

I agree; he has been name-dropped in Mando S2 and shown in the trailer, so LEGO will have enough notice and material to be able to put him in a set for 1HY 2024. 

3 hours ago, Rwbricks said:

I hope so. The Mandalorian didn’t get Gideon until the summer wave after season 2 

That was probably due to a combination of LEGO being hesitant to make a large initial wave for The Mandalorian after doing so for Rebels (which did not sell well), and their not being allowed to make spoiler characters (Grogu). 

On 4/6/2023 at 6:48 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Minifig list and some details for the Yavin IV Temple have surfaced in IG (attributed to stonewars): 

Temple: Ceremony Hall, Hangar, Watchtower, Mini Y-Wing, one other room (my guess is either the control room or the briefing room, though I am am leaning towards the former, since the briefing screen can be incorporated into the hangar). 
Minifig: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, R2-D2, C-3PO, General Crix Madine (what???), 3x Rebels (not clear if they are Fleet Troopers, Honor Guard, or a combination of both), 3x Pilots, Ground Crew member, and an Astromech. 

BTW, I already contacted u/FluffySky6 to see if the pilots could have the dual-moulded legs from the UCS X-wing; I will update when I get a response. 

Any leaks on who the pilots will be/what helmets we're getting in the Yavin and NR starfighter sets? Hopefully we will get one or more of the missing Red Squadron helmets and another U-Wing variation but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

The main villain of Andor is the Empire itself, but the most prominent antagonistic character is Dedra Meero (who we have not gotten). The set that we did get was good for the first three episodes (aside from needing 1-2 more corpos), though. 

100% my thoughts.  And unfortunately, while it's the best SW series by far on a story/character/writing level, it's definately not the best on a lego set/appropriate for kids level. Still, a Haulcraft with the remainder of the main cast (You'd have to put Luthen and Cassian in it, but you could realistically throw in Dedra, Vel, B2EMO, some imps, etc into it too. Not worried about Mon Mothma since she's going to be in a lot soon) would be nice.

11 minutes ago, The Sarge said:

Any leaks on who the pilots will be/what helmets we're getting in the Yavin and NR starfighter sets? Hopefully we will get one or more of the missing Red Squadron helmets and another U-Wing variation but I'm not holding my breath.

Doubt we get a U-wing pilot. The only thing we can say for sure is that it won't be Luke, but my guess is it'll be one of the more well-known/repeated guys like Biggs or Wedge, Dutch or another Y-wing pilot, and then a new one like Red Leader.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I agree; he has been name-dropped in Mando S2 and shown in the trailer, so LEGO will have enough notice and material to be able to put him in a set for 1HY 2024. 

Yup. Ezra's a little more of an unknown, but I think Thrawn is almost certain. (I mean, they can pretty much drop him into any imperial set, anyway. Though now that I think about it, we've had the 3 main TIEs, the AT-AT, AT-ST, and the Lambda recently, so unless there's an ISD coming I suppose it is more likely if he does show up it'll be in an Ahsoka, or possibly-though unlikely-rebels set. I guess he's shown around Sentinal Class craft often enough, and lego likes those for some reason...)

2 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Heck, I'm still holding out hope for a set based on the finale of Book of Boba Fett with Boba, his Rancor, Cad Bane, Krrsantan, a Scorponek Droid and a couple Pykes.

Totally unrelated to this thread but I'm collecting suggestions for my annual community wishlist MOC wave in the "future star wars sets" thread, you want me to take a crack at this one? And if so, what piece count ballpark are you thinking?

38 minutes ago, The Sarge said:

No; all that we know is that Yavin will have three pilots, and the Ghost and Ahsoka ships sets will have one NR pilot (blue-and-white) each. 

29 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

100% my thoughts.  And unfortunately, while it's the best SW series by far on a story/character/writing level, it's definately not the best on a lego set/appropriate for kids level. Still, a Haulcraft with the remainder of the main cast (You'd have to put Luthen and Cassian in it, but you could realistically throw in Dedra, Vel, B2EMO, some imps, etc into it too. Not worried about Mon Mothma since she's going to be in a lot soon) would be nice.

The Fondor is likely for 2024, and I can see an Imperial Battle Pack or Imperial speeder with some Security Troopers as well. We might even get some of the Imperial officers in a Lambda shuttle at some point, since Dedra flies to Ferrix in one. 

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yup. Ezra's a little more of an unknown, but I think Thrawn is almost certain. (I mean, they can pretty much drop him into any imperial set, anyway. Though now that I think about it, we've had the 3 main TIEs, the AT-AT, AT-ST, and the Lambda recently, so unless there's an ISD coming I suppose it is more likely if he does show up it'll be in an Ahsoka, or possibly-though unlikely-rebels set. I guess he's shown around Sentinal Class craft often enough, and lego likes those for some reason...)

I agree, especially since Thrawn's design is unchanged from Rebels. We are overdue for a TIE Defender. . . 🤔
As for Ezra, I think that he is basically confirmed for 2024 as well, since it seems that he will be quite prominent in the series. 

I hope Lego will make Phase 2 Plain Clones because I'm tired of the 501st and 212th. A cool idea would be to include one in the rumored Yoda's Starfighter.

28 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I hope Lego will make Phase 2 Plain Clones because I'm tired of the 501st and 212th. A cool idea would be to include one in the rumored Yoda's Starfighter.

Do we have any details on the Yoda’s starfighter set? 

It sounds like we're getting a 212th trooper in the advent calendar this year, alongside the leaked holiday ewok (rumors on IG, plus seemingly confirmed by JJP).

I wonder what other figures it'll include? Probably the obligatory battle droid, maybe a scout trooper to oppose the Ewok? Holiday sweater Luke or Leia might make sense as well.

24 minutes ago, SketchBrick said:

It sounds like we're getting a 212th trooper in the advent calendar this year, alongside the leaked holiday ewok (rumors on IG, plus seemingly confirmed by JJP).

I wonder what other figures it'll include? Probably the obligatory battle droid, maybe a scout trooper to oppose the Ewok? Holiday sweater Luke or Leia might make sense as well.

Saxon pls!

Apparently Omega will also be included, according to the same IG source (unsure if it's credible). If that's true, and it's the same figure, the reseller market will crash lmao