MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

4 hours ago, lowlead said:

I'm here for a new UCS Lambda Shuttle.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Nah, MBS endor all the way!

Or what if they did both? (:

I would love that. My wallet sure wouldn’t.

6 hours ago, The Stud said:

Or what if they did both? (:

I would love that. My wallet sure wouldn’t.

Well they should!  Both are overdue - perhaps a big Lambda could replace the ISD in October '23...or something like that.

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How about neither :tongue: I prefer non-remakes

I mean, it's been over a decade since the Lambda UCS, and we've never had an MBS endor (Even then, it'll have been a decade since the last ewok village and 14 years since the last bunker). Feels like it's been enough time.

Not to mention: UCS Lambda was $260 upon release and the cheapest USED US one on brickset is $750. A remake would be pretty nice for those of us who haven't been collecting for over a decade. I'm not a fan of constant remakes, but you can't act like this is another landspeeder or snowspeeder.

51 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, it's been over a decade since the Lambda UCS, and we've never had an MBS endor (Even then, it'll have been a decade since the last ewok village and 14 years since the last bunker). Feels like it's been enough time.

Not to mention: UCS Lambda was $260 upon release and the cheapest USED US one on brickset is $750. A remake would be pretty nice for those of us who haven't been collecting for over a decade. I'm not a fan of constant remakes, but you can't act like this is another landspeeder or snowspeeder.

I agree. I would love to get another UCS Imperial Shuttle (dark ages on the last one) and that being a May set plus an Endor MBS feels right for ROTJ, even though I am kinda over the OT in a way...as far as sets are concerned. 

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'll take a good re-make all day long, provided it's a marked improvement upon the previous version.  The Lambda Shuttle, X-wing and SSD could really use a fresh UCS upgrade.  Having said that, there's still a hole in the OT stuff with a TIE Interceptor & Bomber.

*edit*
However, I'm probably veering off into the weeds here, so....

Edited by lowlead
target drift

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I agree, I get that there are a lot of needed OT remakes but we still have several unique OT/PT/ST vehicles that should take priority. An updated X-Wing or Lambda is cool but I'd rather have a Nebulon-B or Eta-2. 

9 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I agree. I would love to get another UCS Imperial Shuttle (dark ages on the last one) and that being a May set plus an Endor MBS feels right for ROTJ, even though I am kinda over the OT in a way...as far as sets are concerned. 

The Shuttle is one I would be happy to get finally as well, (along with a B-wing and Vader's Tie), I'm just afraid they will drop it at $450-$600 nowadays!

15 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

The Shuttle is one I would be happy to get finally as well, (along with a B-wing and Vader's Tie), I'm just afraid they will drop it at $450-$600 nowadays!

From inflation, the shuttle would be a little under $330 nowadays, so we'd probably see a new model selling for $350. Coincidentally, 260/350 is really close to 180/240 (the old vs new R2-D2 set prices, which is especially helpful considering the $240 price includes the new price increase). 

It does bring up an interesting thing, though. Neither that or an endor MBS would work well at the $200 price point of the May D2C, so the only way to get them both would be the rare triple UCS year.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

The original UCS shuttle 10212 only had a cockpit interior, a remake would need to have a full interior to live up to the expectations set by the recent AT-AT and Razor Crest. Taking the extra parts into account (and Lego's recent price hikes), a new shuttle with full interior and more detailed exterior would probably be $450+

Edited by 1340cc

On 10/15/2022 at 7:03 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

Nah, MBS endor all the way!

I can't help but think that the updated prints they have used on Wicket and the AT-ST Driver in the new 4+ set were unnecessary unless: A) You are trying to get adult collectors to buy the set purely for completionism, or B) a MBS Endor is on the way and they used this set to make newer prints for those figs that can go in the MBS without taking from it's budget and then that could hopefully be put to the rarer characters. Now it's probably just a case of A, but one can dream. :laugh:

Edited by BacktoBricks

I've got to say, Andor may be the best Star Wars Disney show yet. I love the Mandalorian. But Andor really ups the game when it comes to writing and world building. And to keep this comment on target :wink: I'll say I hope Lego makes more sets from the show.

30 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I've got to say, Andor may be the best Star Wars Disney show yet. I love the Mandalorian. But Andor really ups the game when it comes to writing and world building. And to keep this comment on target :wink: I'll say I hope Lego makes more sets from the show.

If I had to pick one or the other: I've enjoyed The Mandalorian more (coming from somebody who always thought Mandalorians were overrated).

• But these days franchises have to churn out content and if everything is The Skywalker Saga (or becomes part of the core through-line like The Mandalorian) then it dilutes the main storyline(s) and the franchise as a whole (e.g. Book of Boba Fett and Kenobi).
  • That in mind, Andor is definitely the kind of content I want to see supporting (a) and Disney's need for more content and (b) the in-universe world-building. The writing is better than Mando and it helps provide a better foundation to the galaxy & the fantastical elements. I just hope Disney sees it that way. If the viewership isn't there, like it seems to have been for Boba & Kenobi, yikes...

I also hope Lego makes more sets from the show. Without having seen this week's episode, though, I can't think of any great options (yet).

29 minutes ago, Pedilego said:

If the viewership isn't there, like it seems to have been for Boba & Kenobi, yikes...

Apparently, it isn‘t. From what I‘ve read, the viewership is ten times lower compared to the other shows, which isn‘t surprising in the slightest :tongue: 

Doesn‘t bode well for more sets, which for once doesn‘t bother me too much. The only characters in this show I want minifigs of appear elsewhere anyway

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Apparently, it isn‘t. From what I‘ve read, the viewership is ten times lower compared to the other shows, which isn‘t surprising in the slightest :tongue: 

Doesn‘t bode well for more sets, which for once doesn‘t bother me too much. The only characters in this show I want minifigs of appear elsewhere anyway

Yeah, if Lego is going back for sets based on Disney+ shows they’d be much more likely to do The Book of Boba Fett or Obi-Wan Kenobi sets than Andor. That’s because the show isn’t very visually appealing, and wouldn’t make good Lego sets. Plus Andor isn’t a show that children would watch, so that takes a large chunk of Lego’s market out right there.

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg

The only characters in this show I want minifigs of appear elsewhere anyway

Personally I would really like some new imperial officer designs, especially new ISB uniforms like major Partagaz or supervisor Meero. But also commandant Beehaz or colonel Petigar would make great additions (to my personal imperial army). I heard rumours the TIE bomber might include a Rae Sloane minifig, so that's something I look forward to. And something like a battle pack featuring Imperial army troopers as seen in Solo and Andor would make me really happy. 

12 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

...I'll say I hope Lego makes more sets from the show.

11 hours ago, Pedilego said:

...Without having seen this week's episode, though, I can't think of any great options (yet).

I would say Luthen Rael's modified Fondor Haulcraft would be a great choice.  Apparently it does a trick we haven't seen yet...

Promobricks will reveal new intel about the Mando sets later today :excited: Those are my most anticipated SW sets in 1HY, so I hope those two will deliver!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I'm surprised that we'll be getting details about those May sets so early. I suppose it tracks though, we already know details about some of the Indiana Jones sets. (Though that probably is partially due to the film's delay.)

Promobricks will reveal new intel about the Mando sets later today :excited: Those are my most anticipated SW sets in 1HY, so I hope those two will deliver!

Promobricks does seem to intercept a lot of intel, don’t they?

1 hour ago, jdubbs said:

Promobricks does seem to intercept a lot of intel, don’t they?

Don't know why but I thought you mean with intercept the upcoming UCS-Set 😁

I find it interesting that both sets include starfighters. I think besides Mandos "cars" we never had one from the series.

Edited by TheScaryDoor

Non location sets but they sound good enough. well the 2pack sounds interesting but I know not what to think of the Pirate Snubfighter.

So if the intel is right we are getting the two most needed remakes of ot starships in my opinion which is nice. I hope the bomber and interceptor are a good scale to the solo tie