bricks and pieces and pick a brick have been merged into ONE single website. In europe, pab is shipped from Poland and BAP still from Denmark, one is called bestseller and the other somethung different, xD. Both have a minimum purchase threshold, otherwise you pay extra for each. And both count towards gwp's.

And yes, unfortunately black falcon torsos haven't been available for quite some time now, iirc they vanished around the time the BAM website crushed. I hope lion knights will be made available via PAB or whatever its called or some battle packs.

6 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

So the question then becomes: how do we acquire more lion knight minifigs?

Except for buying multiple 10305 sets, I'd say wait until next year to see wat BAM and PAB brings.

18 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

We need to lay a Forestmen + Wolfpack siege to the Lego fortress... eeh factory!

13 minutes ago, GeoBrick said:

Except for buying multiple 10305 sets, I'd say wait until next year to see wat BAM and PAB brings.

Not to mention the potential for the Lion Knights to be reused in other themes like Creator like the Black Falcons were.

41 minutes ago, brimbolet said:

We need to lay a Forestmen + Wolfpack siege to the Lego fortress... eeh factory!

Fortress!!? - CASTLE!!! :knight:

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

Go to the popular Bricks and pieces availability on this forum, they will keep you updated on what new parts and pieces available each month.   

Before the change earlier this year LEGO was doing good on adding bricks from non licensed sets but they have reduced what you can buy and it's mostly 2022 bricks and pieces that haven't been available, we are hoping it's a delay because in the past we could buy same unique bricks introduced in the same sets that month so we will see. I know LEGO was building a factory on the east coast just to help with BAP.  Me personally checking the topic I mentioned earlier was helpful in knowing when black falcon pieces came in, i'm not going to lie I have a colossal black falcon army right now and i'm hoping i can do the same with the lion knights but it's on Lego on when we can purchase the pieces, there usually not stingy since i have splurged a ton of money on castle and pirate accessories and minifigures lololol.  

PS: after playing the Minifigure Factory the pants, hair and hat, face and accessories are bare bones, it focuses too much on torsos, I found like 6 castle torsos from the 2013 release. They plan to include more from what they say but I do need a few dragon knights torsos 

Edited by eldiano

43 minutes ago, eldiano said:

Go to the popular Bricks and pieces availability on this forum, they will keep you updated on what new parts and pieces available each month.   

Before the change earlier this year LEGO was doing good on adding bricks from non licensed sets but they have reduced what you can buy and it's mostly 2022 bricks and pieces that haven't been available, we are hoping it's a delay because in the past we could buy same unique bricks introduced in the same sets that month so we will see. I know LEGO was building a factory on the east coast just to help with BAP.  Me personally checking the topic I mentioned earlier was helpful in knowing when black falcon pieces came in, i'm not going to lie I have a colossal black falcon army right now and i'm hoping i can do the same with the lion knights but it's on Lego on when we can purchase the pieces, there usually not stingy since i have splurged a ton of money on castle and pirate accessories and minifigures lololol.  

PS: after playing the Minifigure Factory the pants, hair and hat, face and accessories are bare bones, it focuses too much on torsos, I found like 6 castle torsos from the 2013 release. They plan to include more from what they say but I do need a few dragon knights torsos 

Yeah, that’s kind of what I figured. I find that situation… unsatisfactory. 

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Not to mention the potential for the Lion Knights to be reused in other themes like Creator like the Black Falcons were.

Yeah, that’s nice, but a slow and expensive way to army build. 

On 7/22/2022 at 6:38 AM, MAB said:

They could not have enough and have to produce more. But that is not really what I meant.

I meant if someone presented that as a MOC, it looks like they ran out of the right colours. I know that is not what happened, and it was a design feature in many of the castles of the time, putting in black bricks around those big panels. To me it is not random (the regular placing of four black splotches around each window as below) so doesn't look like stone decay or variation in colour, but an intended decoration. But I guess it was the only way they could try to add interest at the time. To me using dark grey would at least have tied it into the decoration printed on the panels although a mixture of dark and light would have looked better still. That said, the red bricks used in Knight's Castle looks even worse.

6081-1.jpg

Honestly, I tend to interpret these sorts of regularly placed black bricks in older Castle sets as the exposed ends of wooden ceiling joists. There are a lot of medieval castle ruins in real life that still have regularly placed holes in their exterior walls from where these sorts of wooden ceiling joists would've originally been placed.

On 7/22/2022 at 7:44 AM, rebelpilot said:

Wow! Thank you.

That's more than I could have hope for, comprehensive was my first thought. I'm getting far off topic but I can probably fill in quite a lot of the empty AU set names if you'd like, based on my Australian Catalogues?

That would be great! If you want to put together a list and send them to me in a message I can go ahead and plug those in!

Edited by Aanchir

You guys may think I am crazy, but the one part I am most hyped for with this new $400 castle set is.... The Black Plume included in the set. Hopefully they provide a spare, as they typically do for plumes. The black plume was only ever offered once in a set more than 10 years ago. The set came with 3 black plumes, one was extra.

Edited by Something_Awesome

3 minutes ago, Something_Awesome said:

You guys may think I am crazy, but the one part I am most hyped for with this new $400 castle set is.... The Black Plume included in the set. Hopefully they provide a spare, as they typically do for plumes. The black plume was only ever offered once in a set. 

That’s cool, I hadn’t considered the scarcity of that one. Which set did it come in?

Edit: found it

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=64647&colorID=11&in=A

Edited by SirBlake

4 minutes ago, SirBlake said:

That’s cool, I hadn’t considered the scarcity of that one. Which set did it come in?

Edit: found it

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=64647&colorID=11&in=A

It is important to note that that set did include 1 extra plume (for a total of 3). I would love for them to throw in two spares. I don't need like a hundred plumes. 12 plumes tops. It was the first thing I noticed when they revealed the set, and when I saw it, I flipped! LOL

Edited by Something_Awesome

9 hours ago, eldiano said:

It absolutely sucks at this point.  Not possible to create anything remotely worth the price with the parts they have available.  Yes, there are some castle torso prints.  But since they only seem to allow a white torso to put the prints on…still sucks.  If I could pick a green torso and print the old forestmen patterns that would be interesting.  But at this point probably the only people who are going to pay for it are those who want to customize written text and maybe a picture on a shirt.  Outside of that, much better deal to build a figure on PAB.

1 hour ago, Something_Awesome said:

You guys may think I am crazy, but the one part I am most hyped for with this new $400 castle set is.... The Black Plume included in the set. Hopefully they provide a spare, as they typically do for plumes. The black plume was only ever offered once in a set more than 10 years ago. The set came with 3 black plumes, one was extra.

There are lots of parts like that in 10305.  It’s an absolute jackpot.  So many things I would like to buy ridiculous amounts of, but that LEGO apparently doesn’t want to sell me anytime soon.

13 hours ago, Something_Awesome said:

When I first read your comment, I thought you were talking about the small plume, which was exclusive to a forestman minifigure. I would have been over the moon to get one of those here. I was sure I would have known about it if that piece was included in this set because that would be a big deal.

@Black Feather i have three of these and i know i didn't buy any of those sets. There was some collections i acquired through CL from 09-12 so maybe they had bought the black pearl, but i dont have any other parts.

20 hours ago, jodawill said:

When I first read your comment, I thought you were talking about the small plume, which was exclusive to a forestman minifigure. I would have been over the moon to get one of those here. I was sure I would have known about it if that piece was included in this set because that would be a big deal.

That would had been cool to get it back in black. :pir-wink:

But the small black plume wasn't exclusive to the forestman only. It was found in sets 6035 "Castle guard" and 6073 also. But nevertheless it is a really rare part.

Edited by Mencot

1 hour ago, Mencot said:

That would had been cool to get it back in black. :pir-wink:

But the small black plume wasn't exclusive to the forestman only. It was found in sets 6035 "Castle guard" and 6073 also. But nevertheless it is a really rare part.

Yeah, I'd forgotten it was included on the sprue back then. You know, I even had one of those sprues as a kid from Black Monarch's Ghost, and I had completely forgotten that it included that piece. I wonder if I lost that one early on. I was only four years old when I got that set. Still, that piece is $30 on Bricklink! It's absolutely insane. I don't know why they won't rerelease it. I wonder if Lego tries to avoid devaluing old parts. I don't know why they would, but it does seem as if they avoid re-releasing valuable items.

52 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Yeah, I'd forgotten it was included on the sprue back then. You know, I even had one of those sprues as a kid from Black Monarch's Ghost, and I had completely forgotten that it included that piece. I wonder if I lost that one early on. I was only four years old when I got that set. Still, that piece is $30 on Bricklink! It's absolutely insane. I don't know why they won't rerelease it. I wonder if Lego tries to avoid devaluing old parts. I don't know why they would, but it does seem as if they avoid re-releasing valuable items. 

I figure some of their color choices for the small plume have probably just been prioritizing the ones they see the most need for at any given time. White in particular seems to be their go-to choice for quill pens.

That said, LEGO introduced a new part number for the small plume as of this year (presumably corresponding to a new mold), so hopefully that signifies a commitment to including it in more sets going forward! Fingers crossed, at any rate. After all, the previous mold and part number were the ones originally created for the Vintage Minifigure Collections and Collectible Minifigures. That may have limited their production capacity for that part somewhat compared to other parts like the large plume (64647/28661) which have been included in far more sets per year.

On another note, the large black plume has also appeared in this Harry Potter set from this year, so the Lion Knights' Castle is not the only recent source for it. Hopefully it, too, will continue appearing in more sets in the years to come. Even beyond hat feathers and quills, plume pieces like these also make great detail elements for various sorts of plant and animal life, as well as great decoration for buildings, furniture, etc.

Edited by Aanchir

12 hours ago, Aanchir said:

That said, LEGO introduced a new part number for the small plume as of this year (presumably corresponding to a new mold), so hopefully that signifies a commitment to including it in more sets going forward! Fingers crossed, at any rate. After all, the previous mold and part number were the ones originally created for the Vintage Minifigure Collections and Collectible Minifigures. That may have limited their production capacity for that part somewhat compared to other parts like the large plume (64647/28661) which have been included in far more sets per year.

They also lowered the price quite a bit when they changed the part number too down to 7 cents a piece.  Forget what it was but somewhere between 50 cents and a dollar.  So it’s another good sign this piece is going to used a lot.  Which is why it’s so annoying that yellow, blue, and black are 8, 18, 37 dollars on average on bricklinks.  They have the colors.  They have the mold.  It’s obviously really cheap to make.  Keep hoping they will throw in another color in another set along the way.  But the new number, lower price, and the new forest torso all give me hope that they are going finally stop teasing around the edges and give us a full forestmen set of some kind within a reasonable time period.  All they need is a brown hat, the cheap feathers in the other colors, and recolor the torsos from 10305 ( the red forest as well as a green version of the peasant).  Nothing completely new is needed really.

11 hours ago, Black Feather said:

They also lowered the price quite a bit when they changed the part number too down to 7 cents a piece.  Forget what it was but somewhere between 50 cents and a dollar.  So it’s another good sign this piece is going to used a lot.  Which is why it’s so annoying that yellow, blue, and black are 8, 18, 37 dollars on average on bricklinks.  They have the colors.  They have the mold.  It’s obviously really cheap to make.  Keep hoping they will throw in another color in another set along the way.  But the new number, lower price, and the new forest torso all give me hope that they are going finally stop teasing around the edges and give us a full forestmen set of some kind within a reasonable time period.  All they need is a brown hat, the cheap feathers in the other colors, and recolor the torsos from 10305 ( the red forest as well as a green version of the peasant).  Nothing completely new is needed really. 

Oh, nice to hear about the price change! That definitely gets me thinking that in the very least, the new mold likely produces more feathers with each molding cycle. I know Mark Stafford mentioned in this interview that stuff like that can often result in seemingly counterintuitive price differences between parts (such as how at that time, 5M and 6M Technic axles were cheaper than 4M ones).

As much as a sucker as I am for color-coded characters (after all, some of my all-time favorite themes are Bionicle, Ninjago, and Elves!), I kind of get the impression that these days LEGO might prefer to try and maintain a more unified green+brown+red color palette for the forest people faction. As I've mentioned previously, many old-school knight minifigures used parts in colors outside of their faction's usual color scheme (e.g. capes, feathers, etc) in compensate for the lack of individualized facial features. I think the same likely applies to the color-coded collars/sleeves of the old-school forestmen minifigs.

Naturally, I'm with you in hoping that future forest people sets will include more hat colors, feather colors, and torso decorations than just the one used in this year's sets! A faction that'd all dressed in identical uniforms would get pretty boring, and also would feel much more out-of-place for an outlaw faction like this than it would for uniformed knights/soldiers. But I also feel like if/when LEGO does introduce more variety in forest people minifigures, they may end up varying the torso designs in different ways than the old "palette swap" approach — such as different sorts of belts, vests, gambesons, and other accoutrements that still adhere to a similar color palette.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part, based mostly on the trends we've seen with other Castle minifigures from Fantasy Era onward compared to Castle minifigures of the 80s. So probably best not to read much into any of this — it's just stuff I've been thinking about lately.

Any further/new information about the GWP Forest(wo)men set?  Is it going to be available with the 90th anniversary castle?

7 minutes ago, DaleDVM said:

Any further/new information about the GWP Forest(wo)men set?  Is it going to be available with the 90th anniversary castle?

Supposed to be, someone posted this in the forest hideout set thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/legodeal/comments/w711e3/most_regions_legolegocom_august_promos_00/

I'm currently debating with myself if it's worth waiting an extra day for that pirate pack or not.

Edited by Sir Dano

12 minutes ago, Sir Dano said:

Supposed to be, someone posted this in the forest hideout set thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/legodeal/comments/w711e3/most_regions_legolegocom_august_promos_00/

I'm currently debating with myself if it's worth waiting an extra day for that pirate pack or not.

Same here. If I wait one day I can get the castle, forest hideout, and the pirate pack. What if we all make a pact to wait one day to buy the castle, that will work right?

Thanks for the link.  It looks like I will purchase a couple of castles on the first day to support my local LEGO store, plus the forestmen set, and perhaps a third castle online on the 4th to get the pirate pack plus the forestmen set.  Getting those highly desired GWP sets brings the cost down for the castle a bit...

Question.  I do not order online very frequently...  If I was to order another castle online on the 5th could I get two more GWP sets?  Or does the online store limit your GWP to a one time deal?

12 hours ago, Aanchir said:

As much as a sucker as I am for color-coded characters (after all, some of my all-time favorite themes are Bionicle, Ninjago, and Elves!), I kind of get the impression that these days LEGO might prefer to try and maintain a more unified green+brown+red color palette for the forest people faction. As I've mentioned previously, many old-school knight minifigures used parts in colors outside of their faction's usual color scheme (e.g. capes, feathers, etc) in compensate for the lack of individualized facial features. I think the same likely applies to the color-coded collars/sleeves of the old-school forestmen minifigs.

Naturally, I'm with you in hoping that future forest people sets will include more hat colors, feather colors, and torso decorations than just the one used in this year's sets! A faction that'd all dressed in identical uniforms would get pretty boring, and also would feel much more out-of-place for an outlaw faction like this than it would for uniformed knights/soldiers. But I also feel like if/when LEGO does introduce more variety in forest people minifigures, they may end up varying the torso designs in different ways than the old "palette swap" approach — such as different sorts of belts, vests, gambesons, and other accoutrements that still adhere to a similar color palette.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part, based mostly on the trends we've seen with other Castle minifigures from Fantasy Era onward compared to Castle minifigures of the 80s. So probably best not to read much into any of this — it's just stuff I've been thinking about lately.

I am sure the only reason the 5 forestmen figs this year are identical is because of budget, they just ran out of budget (just look at the wizard in the set). Imagine they made the castle, but this time all the new prints introduced in the set was available to them from previous Castle sets. I am sure the set would look rather different at least the details. A lot of the minifigs would have more unique printed parts, more weapons would be added (so you do not need to rob the castle to arm the minifigs), some more animals would probably be included and likely some more bricks as well (could be used to expand the "marked" part maybe)..

7 hours ago, Sir Dano said:

Pirate pack?
Is it the one from the Ideas competition?