"The event received a decidedly mixed reception last year, particularly because there were few product announcements. The schedule for this year confirms there will be many more, although room remaims for surprises.

Suffice to say, I think it will be worth keeping an eye on Brickset on Saturday, as there should be something for everyone!"

:excited:

4 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Suffice to say, I think it will be worth keeping an eye on Brickset on Saturday, as there should be something for everyone!"

:excited:

Definitely looking forward to discussing what I hope is the Castle reveal in a couple of days!

7 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

Definitely looking forward to discussing what I hope is the Castle reveal in a couple of days!

yes, hoping to wake up sunday to a whole lot of pictures and analysis

14 hours ago, Black Feather said:

Just guessing but I think the way it works is they have this policy, but the system is automated.  So if you make one order and get the GWP then days later make a separate order that ships separately they don’t go back and search the records to make sure you didn’t already get it and just toss it in according to the order.  Maybe the ones that get cancelled were people who made separate orders the same time and LEGO  saw two orders open same house and decide to consolidate those and send together.  Then they would not toss two into the same box.  They would invoke the policy and send one.  Personally, I have received the same GWP multiple times and never had one cancelled, but I have never targeted a GWP.  Just happened to make another order while it was still open.  So just making a guess because others have said they get cancelled sometimes.

I've placed more than one order in a day quire a few times before and never have they been combined.

I've received multiple GWPs before. But then I've also had them removed on two occasions.  When that happens, I just returned the order at LEGO's expense as they didn't supply what was in the shopping cart, order confirmation, order email and dispatch note.

28 minutes ago, MAB said:

I've received multiple GWPs before. But then I've also had them removed on two occasions.  When that happens, I just returned the order at LEGO's expense as they didn't supply what was in the shopping cart, order confirmation, order email and dispatch note.

If they want to enforce that rule it should be possible to make a limit of 1 GWP per account so it never shows up in the shopping cart at all the second order. That would also work in brand stores when a person uses the VIP card linked to that account (could still get one extra if the VIP card is not used I guess).
Now it seem more random like you say 2 times they removed it, but not the other times :def_shrug: Are there a pattern that the approved ones have been in previous year, but the 2 removed ones was this year or is it random?

47 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

If they want to enforce that rule it should be possible to make a limit of 1 GWP per account so it never shows up in the shopping cart at all the second order. That would also work in brand stores when a person uses the VIP card linked to that account (could still get one extra if the VIP card is not used I guess).
Now it seem more random like you say 2 times they removed it, but not the other times :def_shrug: Are there a pattern that the approved ones have been in previous year, but the 2 removed ones was this year or is it random?

I imagine it is just like their customer service - totally random depending on who deals with it.

And yes, if they wanted to enforce it, their online system should be able to block further promotions from appearing. But their online system is quite poor, they also cancel orders if you break purchase limits but they cannot tell you how many you have purchased in the past as that information is stored elsewhere. I've had orders cancelled in the past where I have bought a set in the past then that set goes on sale a year later and I've ordered five (purchase limit), they cancel the whole order. Cancelling orders of a set they are having difficulty selling and need to discount seems ridiculous but they do it. But they only do it 15-20 minutes after you have ordered, when their online system has communicated with their order system.

If tomorrow truly will bring us the Lion Queen's Castle reveal (and Sanctum Sanctorum, AT-TE, etc.), I am amazed at how well LEGO has done in preventing images from leaking. I'm going to do my best to stay off certain sites that have a tendency to leak said images. Only about 24 hours now...

Oh the excitement!

5 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

I'm going to do my best to stay off certain sites that have a tendency to leak said images.

And what sites would that be?

7 hours ago, mirkwoodspiders said:

If tomorrow truly will bring us the Lion Queen's Castle reveal (and Sanctum Sanctorum, AT-TE, etc.), I am amazed at how well LEGO has done in preventing images from leaking. I'm going to do my best to stay off certain sites that have a tendency to leak said images. Only about 24 hours now...

I'm impressed by the info lock-down they've managed on this too. Except I will be actively scouring any place that might leak info. The sooner I see this castle, the better. :)

Instagram is usually the best place to start, but we'll see.

What an exciting day!

If the castle would be announced today, I wonder if we really would have to wait for August for the release. A sooner release or early VIP-acces seems likely, since announcements and releases follow closely nowadays.

I'm looking forward to the classic CMF knight too, even if he comes with a hobby horse!

Now I'll get building my Forest Hideout!

Big day for us castle fans!  We’ll have to bear through some cringy spectacle before we get to it, but should be worth it!

14 minutes ago, aabdguy87 said:

Less than 2 hours to the event and not a single leaked picture. I can't believe it.

Looks like the leak hunters they hired last year(?) are doing there job :wink:

4 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like the leak hunters they hired last year(?) are doing there job :wink:

Or that is not going to be revealed until August. :look:

Or it's not a real set at all and the rumors have been wrong! :cry2:

Or you're in a fever dream and it's actually March, not June!! :devil:

5 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Or that is not going to be revealed until August. :look:

Possible, but no other sets have leaked either except the Avatar one i think :shrug_oh_well:

6 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Or it's not a real set at all and the rumors have been wrong! :cry2:

To mutch smoke for there to be no fire :tongue:

7 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Or you're in a fever dream and it's actually March, not June!! :devil:

No fever just hyped :poke:

Ooh. Here go!

Fabulous! It looks cool when closed up.

But I wish they'd stop using this terrible 'dot cam'. It's such poor quality.

1 minute ago, RichardGoring said:

But I wish they'd stop using this terrible 'dot cam'. It's such poor quality.

That thing is just lame lol

This is great. I just built the 3x 3-in-1 MOC and this should compliment it nicely.

The interior looks great too. Well, it might do, once we actually get a decent view of it, and not a blurry, distorted, shaky camera! The working water wheel is nice. Definitely some good play things in there.

I like the nod to the hidden outpost - one of my favourite sets.

I knew it folded!

So awesome! It’s better than I could have hoped!

High resolution pics are hitting Instagram already. Can’t wait to pour over the details.