Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

On 1/14/2023 at 11:23 AM, T Lego said:

Finally I can reveal my next collaboration with cada:

'Viva Hypercar', inspired by the magnificent Ferrari LaFerrari. The model will be hit the market after the Chinese new year in ferbruari. The first leaks started appearing on social media so I decided it was finally rime to reveal the car. Fore details will follow. 

box%20front.jpg

box%20rear.jpg

I presented my Lego built model in a new topic, but please discuss CaDa related matters in this topic. Thanks and have a good weekend!

Looks absolutely magnificant! I am tempted. Wish it had the 5-spoke center-lock wheels, though!

I already have your blue Supercar... which, to be honest, i still have nitemares of! Not because of your MOC itself, but rather than the not so great quality and meh clutch power of CADA technic pieces, in combination with your complex bulding.

It did not felt great to put together. Building experience would have felt way better with Lego pieces... Yes, i could have just downloaded the instructions and bought Lego pieces, but it also would be higher price, so fair enough.

Hope CADA got their technic parts quality right nowadays!?

I don't see any people really talking about this, so i guess it's better?

13 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

It was discussed somewhere, maybe in different topic. There was a significant leap in quality after the Centenario, about the time when Claas Scorpion and Ferrari Pista were released. Still not Lego quality but it is pretty good.

22 hours ago, andrzejl said:

It was discussed somewhere, maybe in different topic. There was a significant leap in quality after the Centenario, about the time when Claas Scorpion and Ferrari Pista were released. Still not Lego quality but it is pretty good.

I have the Ferrari Pista (yellow version) and it's the same quality as the Centanario... might be an older batch?

Edited by Polarlicht

The Jesko I built last summer was okay. The pins are not that good but overall it’s good enough for one time build, some playing/testing the functions and then displaying.  

Apparently this LaFerrari is already being built with CaDA pieces by someone in China, and they claimed the quality has improved. 

I built the Cada Master Porsche 911 recently and part quality was maybe 90% of Lego. System pieces were indistinguishable to Lego, some Technic pieces were a bit lacking. Axles had a bit of a rough finish, and some axle connectors were a tight fit. And no yellow, blue or brown colour vomit whatsoever. Considering I paid 38 euros for a 1400 piece set that was vastly superior to the Lego equivalent, any minor shortcomings were acceptable.

Edited by johnnytifosi

On 1/16/2023 at 2:29 AM, Polarlicht said:

Looks absolutely magnificant! I am tempted. Wish it had the 5-spoke center-lock wheels, though!

I already have your blue Supercar... which, to be honest, i still have nitemares of! Not because of your MOC itself, but rather than the not so great quality and meh clutch power of CADA technic pieces, in combination with your complex bulding.

It did not felt great to put together. Building experience would have felt way better with Lego pieces... Yes, i could have just downloaded the instructions and bought Lego pieces, but it also would be higher price, so fair enough.

May you can look at this thread 

Looks like a Lotus Exige by Suhwan Ji (JWT) who also did the Apollo IE will be added as a CADA set:

It’s nice in some areas, but it’s also my least favorite of the Technic “master” series. The proportions seem off, especially the roof.
But then I also don’t like the real car that much :grin: 

This is a photo from the designer. Overall I think it looks decent (minus some of the stickers). IMO the proportions are a lot more accurate than the Jesko...

However I admitedly prefer the designers Apollo IE over this one.301151808-612705867030237-43450650631899

Oh man... and I know folks have their gripes about DBG for supercars but I love it.  More realistic I feel, than some colors for other supercars.  Any idea when this would be available? 

6 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Any idea when this would be available

I will ask at saturday in Nuremberg

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Niiiice. I guess the roof air intake and huge fin are specialized parts?

It looks like one big piece. Although it does look good, from a build perspective I don't know if I like it.

The official Mercedes AMG license is cool. I'm sure this allowed CaDA to make proper wheels. I have a feeling this will also have a premium price.

Just guessing here what the functions could be:

• Since it's said to be RC, RC drive and steering
  • Possibly a gearbox
  • Raising spoiler and flaps above the wheels
    • You can see the box photo has the spoiler up and the flaps up. In the built model both are down. 
    • In the real car this also raises/lowers the suspension. 
  • The usual, aka suspension and opening doors etc. 

Bad news for the LEGO purists, there is no way to build this without major modifications or third party pieces. The wheelarches are new/different (NOT the same as the new Daytona ones).
There's some trapezium shaped panels with the hole moved one stud to the middle. 
The roof scoop is probably impossible to replace with something that looks as good.

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

That looks phenomenal. 

Thanks! I hope it will live up to your expectations. More infos about the "Project" coming soon.

46 minutes ago, amorti said:

@brunojj1 the cat is out of the bag!

I hope you like it!

1 hour ago, nerdsforprez said:

Oh man... and I know folks have their gripes about DBG for supercars but I love it.  More realistic I feel, than some colors for other supercars.  Any idea when this would be available? 

It´s not exactly DBG, but LBG which might have a little darker intonation than the Lego color, IDK. We are filling some niche there, I suppose :wink:

1 hour ago, astyanax said:

Niiiice. I guess the roof air intake and huge fin are specialized parts?

Yes! It comes in 2 separate pieces. Fun fact: the versatile rotor blades I´ve had designed for that purpose, are being used in a bunch of other models ;-). The wheels & arches have been made after my drawings which I´m really proud of as well.

57 minutes ago, efferman said:

I will ask at saturday in Nuremberg

We will meet in Nürnberg, God willing :wink:

800x520.png

800x520.png

Edited by brunojj1

Wow this is amazing, so many great models in a short time! I wish Rebrickable would wake up and support CADA sets :( Also I hope CADA will soon start selling more of their parts.

1 hour ago, brunojj1 said:

Thanks! I hope it will live up to your expectations. More infos about the "Project" coming soon.

I hope you like it!

It´s not exactly DBG, but LBG which might have a little darker intonation than the Lego color, IDK. We are filling some niche there, I suppose :wink:

Yes! It comes in 2 separate pieces. Fun fact: the versatile rotor blades I´ve had designed for that purpose, are being used in a bunch of other models ;-). The wheels & arches have been made after my drawings which I´m really proud of as well.

We will meet in Nürnberg, God willing :wink:

800x520.png

800x520.png

My wife said go buy it now if available. 

Very nice, as always!
Someone stated that it was DBG. Is that correct? It looks more LBG to me.
Also, the image of the rear of the box looks like it's showing a pullback motor involved. I wonder what that'll be for! Presumably some kind of representation of energy storage to match the real car's hybrid system, but I'm still curious about how it would work.

1 hour ago, mla2 said:

Wow this is amazing, so many great models in a short time! I wish Rebrickable would wake up and support CADA sets :( Also I hope CADA will soon start selling more of their parts.

There is no need for it to be featured on rebrickable which is a Lego dedicated platform. You just can buy it soon from the stores. Cannot tell you when though!

1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

I don't need it....[heavy breathing] I uhhhhhm don't need it :drool:

You don´t need it :laugh:!

1 hour ago, amorti said:

@brunojj1 it looks amazing, and I am very keen to see all the new constructions you've dreamed up :pir-laugh:

Thanks! I hope you won´t be disappointed about the hardcore LBG/black piles to go through and again - many booklets to unfold... :pir-murder: 

59 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Someone stated that it was DBG. Is that correct? It looks more LBG to me.

You look right - it´s LBG! I have thought of you several times after the color was established. Unfortunately it couldn´t become my favourite color - a glossy silver or chrome shining bodywork.

1 hour ago, Ethan0080 said:

My wife said go buy it now if available. 

I´m sorry, you can´t buy it yet, no dates available to date :-/. Greetings to your wife - that´s very nice and honorable :-)!

In fact I don't mind the smaller instruction books. I find the big ones give the bindings a harder time and then they don't fold flat nicely after.