And ordered :laugh: 

I skipped the queue. I still had the site open from an hour ago :grin: 

Same! I had the tab open, yet still threw me in the queue.

But i only believe i got a book when i hold it in my hands! :D Actually wanna see what it looks like inside

Edited by Polarlicht

Just now, Polarlicht said:

Same!

But i only believe i got a book when i hold it in my hands! :D

Agreed!

Ian...

Yep, Book already sold out... what a surprise :ugh:

This took like what, 20 mins?

Edited by Polarlicht

I think Im gonna wait till it gets to retailers before I seal the deal on this one. As much as I want it, its not my favourite car and the $660 price tag down under is ridiculous for what you get. We also dont get the book here either. 
Big discounts at Big W for me so we'll see....

3 hours ago, OnyyX said:

I think Im gonna wait till it gets to retailers before I seal the deal on this one. As much as I want it, its not my favourite car and the $660 price tag down under is ridiculous for what you get. We also dont get the book here either. 
Big discounts at Big W for me so we'll see....

100% agree. I remember when the Sian was released it was sold out by the time I got to work, I’m on my lunch break atm and the SP3 is still in stock. Whether LEGO had more available this time around or less people are interested who knows... 

Amazon also has really good sales down here, I get most of my sets from there. 

This looks better than any of the previous cars IMO, due to the larger wheels. The wheels always looked too small on the older cars, but here they look nicely proportioned.

I actually really like these cars and think they are a worthy addition to Technic. However, they are just too similar to each other in terms of mechanics. I have the Chiron and love it, but don't see myself getting more of them unless they add substantial new functions. Something like working brakes would be a great addition.

I don't see the point of the new gears though. They add nothing over the existing double bevel gears, and don't even look as strong as those.

Edited by CP5670

Book ordered. Didn’t worry about the car yet. 

The US store will let you buy two cars which are still available right now. 
And the book is still available (?) too ?…

Update: Book order in the US already states “waiting for new stock”…. I guess I know what that means… 😞 

Edited by Wimmer
Addition.

Won't someone just make a digital version of the book though (in time)?

Then again some people just like paper..

3 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Won't someone just make a digital version of the book though (in time)?

Then again some people just like paper..

Yup. I’m old(er), I like my books to be from paper,… and something you hold in both hands… 😊 

But I don’t think I got to it on time ?…

Edited by Wimmer

I’m skipping the book for now as I hope it is released in a non-limited quantity in the future. I like shopping in-person so I’m going to the local LEGO store early to get the set. I hope there’s stock left once I get through the line!

well for me the book says its in backorder and they are waiting for new stock:sceptic:

set itself is in warehouse

Edited by Polarlicht

I still find it hilarious that the errors in the instructions carried all the way to the official promotional images, as seen in TLG:s webshop, with the photographed model missing the two small panels at the rear bottom.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

I still find it hilarious that the errors in the instructions carried all the way to the official promotional images, as seen in TLG:s webshop, with the photographed model missing the two small panels at the rear bottom.

I hope we'll be seeing at least an update to the paper manual in the near future. That seems to be an easy fix. When the building instructions come online, I'd be disappointed if it doesn't already contain the fix....

Edit: Wait, the instructions are already online. Didn't expect to see them so soon. And to my disappointment, they're missing the black #21/22 panels....

49 minutes ago, astyanax said:

I hope we'll be seeing at least an update to the paper manual in the near future. That seems to be an easy fix. When the building instructions come online, I'd be disappointed if it doesn't already contain the fix....

Edit: Wait, the instructions are already online. Didn't expect to see them so soon. And to my disappointment, they're missing the black #21/22 panels....

Yeah, I also hope they fix at least the digital instructions as soon as possible, as that's an easy and virtually costless fix. I don't expect to see fixed paper instructions to be fixed anytime soon (if ever), as they'd need to make another production run for that.

43 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Yeah, I also hope they fix at least the digital instructions as soon as possible, as that's an easy and virtually costless fix. I don't expect to see fixed paper instructions to be fixed anytime soon (if ever), as they'd need to make another production run for that.

Paper instructions follow the digital updates with some delay due to the production, but those are also updated. The Defender for example comes now with corrected paper instructions, so I'd expect the Ferrari to get an updated version as well. 

I guess the update of the digital version takes some time as well as it has to go through some quality checks after being changed (hehe), the current version still has the incorrect gearbox config and lacks the 2 panels. 

8 hours ago, langko said:

100% agree. I remember when the Sian was released it was sold out by the time I got to work, I’m on my lunch break atm and the SP3 is still in stock. Whether LEGO had more available this time around or less people are interested who knows... 

Amazon also has really good sales down here, I get most of my sets from there. 

Let me know when they do. I'm yet to see a good deal on Amazon in Australia for anything that i've wanted

Order confirmed for the book !  Yay !

That makes me happy. It took them about 45 minutes after I ordered it, but I guess I was on time anyways. 
😃 

Casually browsing through the instructions reveals even more mistakes... Look at this unhelpful 1:1 hint...

800x600.png

C'mon Lego, where the QC?!

Nah, wouldn't call this unhelpfull.

Maybe some people don't look as carefully and choose the wrong part. Thats why we have that colorfull inside after all.

11 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Maybe some people don't look as carefully and choose the wrong part. Thats why we have that colorfull inside after all.

Then look again... It actually tells you to pick the wrong part!!

14 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Call me too old or stupid, but it´s indeed confusing. I see a green hook next to the wrong part. 

Having some experience with creating instructions myself (not CAD work), I know how hard it is to eliminate all errors if not double or tripple checking by somebody else. But here we are dealing with an army of coworkers and highly paid experts from the premium brand. Considering errors of this type happen to occur frequently, think again about the gear sequence which even couldn´t be copy pasted from the last model correctly.

Whatever, I have ordered mine and can´t wait for the new wheels and panels to play with. 

Edited by brunojj1