MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I must be the only one not interested in a gunship and/or AT-TE at all  :laugh_hard:

I hope you guys get them though. 

2 hours ago, Willsy said:

Also I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'm actually rather surprised that Lego have never used this piece for the Darksaber:

BrickLink - Part 37341c : LEGO Minifigure, Weapon Sword Blade with Bar, Square Crossguard [Minifigure, Weapon] - BrickLink Reference Catalog

Sadly it's not been produced in black, because trying a silver version on a gunmetal grey hilt, it's a pretty good representation on the Darksaber barring the inaccurate colour. Surely Gideon's cruiser would have been a good time to use it, let alone Mando's N-1. 

I just kept telling myself that they weren’t using a dual moulded Ninjago katana because it couldn’t retract like other lightsabers and didn’t want to make a new mould just like this one, but apparently, they ALREADY HAVE THE PIECE! Ok, now I’m on the side of the argument that LEGO is stupid for not making a new Darksaber. 

26 minutes ago, AD_Bricks said:

I just kept telling myself that they weren’t using a dual moulded Ninjago katana because it couldn’t retract like other lightsabers and didn’t want to make a new mould just like this one, but apparently, they ALREADY HAVE THE PIECE! Ok, now I’m on the side of the argument that LEGO is stupid for not making a new Darksaber. 

They did the parts pack in gun metal grey though.

To me a black Katana is still the best looking Darksaber. Easy to come by as well. But yeah if the retraction feature is the killer they'd have their darksaber piece already with the parts pack ;)

They could just recolour it in trans black or something as well..

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they're intentionally not using different pieces for the Darksaber because the current lightsaber build is too "iconic", since that's the reason they gave for not using the longer hilt piece from Monkie Kid for the double-bladed ones.

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

They did the parts pack in gun metal grey though.

This. The fact is that this part is only within a parts pack, and it isn't made on it's own. While it's a perfect piece for the darksaber, LEGO would have to include the full set of roughly 9 pieces just to use one for the saber, and I think that's one of the big reasons why LEGO isn't going to be as quick to use this. It doesn't make sense to put full sets of weapons into a set to just use one piece (they've put tools in sets without using all of them, yes, but they usually still use more than just a single part from the tool wheel).

5 hours ago, TBD said:

I must be the only one not interested in a gunship and/or AT-TE at all  :laugh_hard:

As someone who just sold their 2013 sets over this past year, I'm looking forward to seeing what they release, and a really good AT-TE may convince me, but I'm not particularly egging for them.

Anyone knows what the UCS Landspeeder scale will be? Any chance it will fit constructible characters or will it be another random scale based on limiting the parts count?

15 minutes ago, Nobricksleft said:

Anyone knows what the UCS Landspeeder scale will be? Any chance it will fit constructible characters or will it be another random scale based on limiting the parts count?

I would say without a doubt it'll be a large, display scale piece.  Probably somewhere around the size of the UCS A-Wing is what I'm envisioning, likely a bit longer?  I believe it's $200, so somewhere in that range seems likely.

If it's close to 50 cm long then it will be canonically (ANH) scaled to constructible characters (roughly 7:1). Something to get excited about! I will mod it regardless because I doubt Lego designed it for "action figures" that have been discontinued.

Edited by Nobricksleft

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is gonna be my last post on the subject for awhile as this is getting pretty annoying to try and spell out, but I'm going to try one last time to get the point across. These patterns DO NOT MEAN ANYTHING to lego. As @Brickroll said, it's not even really a pattern, since the first releases of each ship weren't even in the same year. And as @Kdapt-Preacher concretely proves, anniversary patterns are completely non-existent. Promobricks says they have evidence that an AT-TE may be coming this wave, but there is NO evidence for a gunship whatsoever. Could it happen? Maybe, but there is NO evidence for it, it could just as easily be an MTT, or a Falcon, or a shuttle of some sort, or any of a myriad of sets that could fill out that price point. 

Since you really don't like my analogy, I'll try a different one. You say there's evidence for the fighter tank because when the AT-TE and gunship released in 2008, so did the fighter tank, and they are all republic vehicles. Ok. So this would mean sets that have the same odds as the fighter tank as releasing include:

anakin's delta-7, AT-AP, v-19 torrent, a mini juggarnaut, and the twilight, all of which, I would argue, are more or at least as well-known as the tx-130, since unlike that vehicle, they were all present in films or animated shows.

Furthermore, a prequel-era AT-TE also released in 2003 (no other republic vehicles that year though) and 2013. In 2013, there was a clone command center, which also appeared in 2022. Other republic vehicles in 2013 included: 

501st AT-RT, Z-95 headhunter, BARC speeder with sidecar, and mini republic frigate. Again, all of these are as or more well-known as the tx-130, having appeared in films or animated shows.

Do you get my point? There's no evidence for a gunship, but sure, it could happen. The TX-130, on the other hand, is nothing more than wishlisting.

Ok where did I say a gunship was confirmed in the first place? If your pount is that there's no evidence but it could happen then THAT'S LITERALLY WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING ALL THIS TIME. A gunship could happen and i gave some possibilities to how it could happen but time and time again I've conceeded that it's not likely nor is a republic fighter tank. But the republic fighter tank was rumored and hasn't been completely refuted yet it my point so idk why you're so sure it's wish listing when i have atleast some basis to say it but at no point have i ever said either vehicle is confirmed or likely ONLY THAT IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE. So calm down on being mad over some speculation, in the end we're all just lego fans hoping for some good sets and everythings gonna get revealed soon enough whether you and i are right or wrong anyways. All I'm saying is it's not completely out of the realm of possibility to see these 2 sets based on some info we have whether credible or not is that alright with you sir?

Edited by blujay563

8 hours ago, TBD said:

It’s funny, I was wanting an AT-TE and play-scale Republic Gunship for the longest time, and now that we’re finally getting the former and MAYBE getting the latter, I’m not as excited as I would have been a few years ago. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll definitely get them if they come into fruition, I’m just more interested in sets based off newer content right now.

1 hour ago, Nobricksleft said:

If it's close to 50 cm long then it will be canonically (ANH) scaled to constructible characters (roughly 7:1). Something to get excited about! I will mod it regardless because I doubt Lego designed it for "action figures" that have been discontinued.

Ah, I thought you meant minifigures, I see what you were talking about now.  Yeah, I'm not too sure then.  I guess we'll see in a couple of months!

For everyone not reading every comment. Stonewars Promobricks confirmed that an AT-TE is currently in development by TLG. They speculate that it will come out this year. It may not. The Gunship has no founded rumors behind it. It's just wish-listing since it would look nice with an AT-TE.

Those are the facts. Let's drop the Gunship discussion for now since it's only leading to unnecessary arguments.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

For everyone not reading every comment. Stonewars confirmed that an AT-TE is currently in development by TLG. They speculate that it will come out this year. It may not. The Gunship has no founded rumors behind it. It's just wish-listing since it would look nice with an AT-TE.

Those are the facts. Let's drop the Gunship discussion for now since it's only leading to unnecessary arguments.

Wasn't Promobricks the source?

23 minutes ago, TheScaryDoor said:

We know an AT-TE is in development from them, that is all. Not that it is coming in the summer wave. The gunship is pure speculation by the community (including promobricks). 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

1 hour ago, TheScaryDoor said:

Yes, sorry. Not Stonewars. I'll fix that. Reading from too many sources!

14 hours ago, The Stud said:

It’s funny, I was wanting an AT-TE and play-scale Republic Gunship for the longest time, and now that we’re finally getting the former and MAYBE getting the latter, I’m not as excited as I would have been a few years ago. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll definitely get them if they come into fruition, I’m just more interested in sets based off newer content right now.

Disney+ has absolutely been knocking it out of the park on the star wars shows lately. I'm happy we're getting cad banes ship soon hopefully with omeeega. I wouldn't mind a set based on the opening to bad batch either but kenobi sets are gonna be really good if the rumors about who's appearing come true. Hopefully some good rebel vehicles from Andor too. 

Edited by blujay563

Well, my backordered Clone Trooper Command Station just got delayed another 2 weeks... hopefully supply issues will be sorted out by the time the AT-TE comes out

Did Promobricks actively confirm the AT TE as based off of AotC, or was that just speculation? Cause there’s still a possibility of it being Bad Batch if it’s not, correct?

7 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Did Promobricks actively confirm the AT TE as based off of AotC, or was that just speculation? Cause there’s still a possibility of it being Bad Batch if it’s not, correct?

1. We don't know for sure the AT-TE is coming in the summer, just that it is in development

2. Yes, it could be off different media. Although it was stated to include a small spider droid, which points to AOTC, not Bad Batch. 

Edited by McMurder_them_softly

7 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

The Gunship has no founded rumors behind it. It's just wish-listing since it would look nice with an AT-TE.

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

All they've said is that one is in development. I guess it's possible, but AOTC is still what it's best-known from.

Just a week or so out from the dark troopers set, right? Can't wait to get it.

It'll be interesting to see how Obi-Wan's starfighter compares with the one released in 2017. I always wanted to get it, but with the added cost of the hyperdrive I couldn't justify the price at the time. They haven't done a Jedi straighter since Anakin's in 2018, so I'm excited to see if they use a same/similar design (which I like), or do something new (which hopefully I'll like). 

It'll be interesting to see if the Kaminoan minidoll is real or not, but regardless I'm still gonna get the set. I've wanted a LEGO Kaminoan figure ever since I played the original LSW Video Game back in 2008. 

1 hour ago, Phoenix__Phyre said:

It'll be interesting to see how Obi-Wan's starfighter compares with the one released in 2017. I always wanted to get it, but with the added cost of the hyperdrive I couldn't justify the price at the time. They haven't done a Jedi straighter since Anakin's in 2018, so I'm excited to see if they use a same/similar design (which I like), or do something new (which hopefully I'll like). 

It'll be interesting to see if the Kaminoan minidoll is real or not, but regardless I'm still gonna get the set. I've wanted a LEGO Kaminoan figure ever since I played the original LSW Video Game back in 2008. 

I've always liked the delta-7, but it's never been something I think warrants being $30. Looking at anakin's, it was $20 for 239 pcs instead of 282, so it's possible there'll be a side build, but I think it'll end up just being a bit larger. 

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've always liked the delta-7, but it's never been something I think warrants being $30. Looking at anakin's, it was $20 for 239 pcs instead of 282, so it's possible there'll be a side build, but I think it'll end up just being a bit larger. 

If we are getting Taun We in the set i wouldn't mind getting a small build of the entrance to the facility for her to chill on

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean Anakin’s Eta-2 Interceptor was $30 USD in 2020, and it only had one more piece than our most recent Delta-7 Starfighter (Anakin’s) from 2018. (248 vs. 247 pieces) And both of those sets only came with 2 minifigures (Anakin and R2). 

Also the $20 price point in 2018 seems to be a bit of an outlier, since Plo Koon’s Starfighter (2010, 175 pieces) was $25 and Saesee Tiin’s Starfighter (2012, 244 pieces) was $30. 

Edited by QuiggoldsPegLeg
Autocorrect

32 minutes ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Also the $20 price point in 2018 seems to be a bit of an outlier, since Plo Koon’s Starfighter (2010, 175 pieces) was $25 and Saesee Tiin’s Starfighter (2012, 244 pieces) was $30. 

And also, that $25 in 2010 is equivalent to $32 today, and $30 in 2012 is now almost $37. Inflation's a bitch. People tend not to think about how much of a difference that makes even over relatively short time periods.

Edited by Kdapt-Preacher