Dwarf King

Your first Castle theme set?

My first one was 6034: Black Monarch's Ghost.

6034-1.jpg

I loved that set, but unfortunately I've lost most of the pieces to it, all I can still find are the ghost and the shield. :cry_sad:

6085-1.jpg

6085 Black Monarch's Castle. Up until that time I was really into the Futuron line, but after this I got really into the Castle stuff (although I still bought a lot of Space Lego.)

Chris

I can't remember now, which EXACTLY was my first one, I must ask my father, hehe.

But probably these 2 are among the very first Castle sets I had (I still have them, of course):

6022-1.jpg

6073-1.jpg

As a child I've spent so many hours with LEGO, with the Castle sets! I had great fun!! :thumbup:

There has been a lot of comparing of the old sets to the new sets so I am interested in knowing what all of your First (meaning the one you got first) and oldest (meaning the set that was released the earliest in your colection) castle sets are.

6077 Knight Procession was both my first set and the earliest relesed in my colection. I got them when I was really young probaly too young as they sat in their box untill I was older. I am very surprised that it survived my childhood intacted as I was those 6 knights went through many quests and wars (of course I had a good basic set and the police station that built many castles and such for them to defend and attack) and weren't reinforced untill much latter when I got the multi-pack that had the smugglers hayride in it then the hook was set.

Call me a late comer to castle, but the first set for me (and my son) was ......

7037-1.jpg

7037 Tower Raid from two years ago (I did say late comer didn't I) :tongue:

Still a cool build indeed !

The yellow castle 375 was my first, a present from my grandparents. The set is from 1978 but I think I got it in the early 80s, soon after I started getting my first Lego sets (the very first of which were classic space however).

375-2-1168651691.jpg

The yellow castle of course, must have gotten it sometime around 1982.

375-2.jpg

Fourteen minifigs in three nicely defined fractions. That must be the greatest number of figs ever to be released in a single castle set, right?

Edited by NorthernKnight

Like Legoist, my first castle set was 375 yellow castle wich was followed by some classic space. However, it was not my first set - the first set ever was the coast guard station 369 http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/0369-1.jpg

Since it's minifigs didn't have neither movable arms, legs nor printed faces, I loved my castle and has continued to do so ever since :)

I'm sure 6021 Jousting Knights was my first castle set because I have a picture of myself posing next to a Lego castle built of basic bricks with these guys defending it. Ah, the memories...

6021-1.jpg

Easy to remember since it was my only castle set during my childhood.

The 6049 Viking Voyager:

250px-6049_Viking_Voyager.jpg

A spear paradise. :wink:

There has been a lot of comparing of the old sets to the new sets so I am interested in knowing what all of your First (meaning the one you got first) and oldest (meaning the set that was released the earliest in your colection) castle sets are.

6077 Knight Procession was both my first set and the earliest relesed in my colection. I got them when I was really young probaly too young as they sat in their box untill I was older. I am very surprised that it survived my childhood intacted as I was those 6 knights went through many quests and wars (of course I had a good basic set and the police station that built many castles and such for them to defend and attack) and weren't reinforced untill much latter when I got the multi-pack that had the smugglers hayride in it then the hook was set.

cdljal, with a little search in here, I have found this topic and now merged it with yours.

Please continue the discussion in here, and continue to share your very first Castle theme set. :classic:

WhiteFang

I got this:

6077-1.jpg

I wanted the yellow castle, but when I finally had the money it was gone for good.

(I later bought 2 of those on the internet).

6075-2-970093156.jpg

My first Castle set was 375/6075. Fourteen figures and a castle made entirely out of bricks. While the set may look exceedingly basic by today's standards, the fact that it was built out of bricks and plates appealed to me even as a child. When a friend was given 6080 for Christmas I was astonished by what I even as a child considered'juniorization'. The fact that the Castle was made of giant wall pieces and the Knights had visors that didn't move bothered me even in 1984. While the new colour (grey) was a major step forward, I couldn't get over the wall panels even as a kid.

I think my first castle set was 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress for the Dragon Masters.

6082-1.jpg

It was released in 1993.

And I must say I really like it especially because it has Majisto in it .

I quite like it and it is still complete with instructions, box and everything.

Edited by gormadoc

Fourteen figures and a castle made entirely out of bricks.

14 figs!? Yeah of course I knew that fact, but still... it must have been an amazing 'play set', even on its own. You're a true fan of Lego when those panels bothered you back then already... :wink::laugh:

Ahh~ the first set. Mine wasn't particularly impressive.

6103-1.jpg

It was a nice variety of figures. But, it had the pitchfork.

This also sealed my fate as a Castle fan FOREVER. :laugh:

I miss these figures. Oh how I wish I took better care of my toys when I was younger.

The castle minifig pack with the two forestmen, 2 black falcons, crusader and peasant. Then the next one would be the dwarven mine defender.

Hey ^^^ Almost the same time post and the same first set. Nice.

Edited by lego40k

I think my first castle set was 6082 Fire Breathing Fortress for the Dragon Masters.

It was released in 1993.

And I must say I really like it especially because it has Majisto in it .

I quite like it and it is still complete with instructions, box and everything.

It would be sweet if you could review that set. We still haven't got a review of it, and I would love to see it.

My parents got a HUGE barrel full of LEGO from one of my moms co-workers, for the price of... two bottles of red wine. They have all the LEGO so my daughter and her cousins can play with it whenever they visit my parents :)

anywho... among all the LEGO bricks, there was most of the Firebreathing Fortress, and I managed to build it only replacing a few bricks with different colours. Unfortunately the minifigs were either gone or of an extremely poor quality and the dragon was also gone, so a review of the set from me, would be lacking.

My first castle set was this one, I think:

250px-6062_Battering_Ram.jpg