Sign in to follow this  
kahir88

CDC1 Tower: A Very Light-House

Near the borders of the continent, where the Mystic Isles starts. There is a floating rock. Thanks to the strange nature of this place, it is a very common sight. The lighthouse, erected on the rock, serves as a guide, for those, who lost in the dense mist. Or more likely as a warning, to turn back...

51212185206_ea15781378.jpg

51212404433_f6fb64aa06.jpg

51213251530_22e4d141ba.jpg

Edited by kahir88

Cool to see the fantasy part of Avalonia receive some love! I like how you achieved the open dome and the fire that lights up! The upside down rock is good, though mixing new and old grey is not my cup of tea. The eagle with his catch is a nice dynamic touch :thumbup: 

I love the concept here.  The idea that magic is a little haywire in parts of the isles is great, and the floating island concept is fantastic.  The open arched fire for the lighthouse looks grand, and the details of the anchor and supplies going off the side of the floating island is superb.  The eagle with the fish is awesome!  The birch tree on the far side looks a little out of place with all the other greens to me, but it's pretty far back there and not easily noticed.  Overall, great job!

I always love floating rocks, really neat job on the arches over the top of the tower, and the eagle is a great addition!

Awesome entry, Sire Kahir! I love the floating rock concept. I've been wanting to try it out for some time, now. 
Your tower is classic, yet with a very cool unique twist. I specially like the arched solutions you found for the top, and to have a lit-up fire is a great touch. The idea of a pirate island is a great addition to the Guilds too! I only wish to know more about the mystic isles and the magic behind them floating in the world. Are they travelling? Hiding treasure and precious stones? Perhaps a portal to a world unknown? 
Skol, sire Kahir!

Thanks all.

I'm glad, all of you liked it. I was planing the floating rock concept for a while, and maybe this was a perfect time. Also, I was able to try out the lights too. :D Sorry for the dull story, but not really had time, and also the story is not important, only the build, in the end. :D I tried to make a more interesting story for the other category, but it looks like no one is interested. :D

Nice build.  I like the light tower.  Just enough vegetation.  Nice rock work underneath.  

Floating rocks are always fun - it is interesting what you have hanging off, from the man-made net and anchor to the roots growing out the sides.

Floating islands! We should see more of that in GoH for sure. I remember there was a series some years back that a few people made. Maybe some other GoHers will remember what I mean.

I'm really impressed by what looks like a tripod of clear bar pieces holding the whole thing up. How sturdy is it? Are there other techniques you used for this that are harder to see?