MKJoshA

Wishlist: Future Star Wars Sets and Minifigures

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

My theory is that these are the "new" battlepacks, and they'll phase out the boxed ones, but for now I think you're right that they'll have at least one named character.

I certainly hope not. Not only are the accessory packs a lot harder to get, they have a MUCH lower budget than BPs. They’re only allowed to include a handful of exclusive prints, an occasional recoloured part, and importantly, no new moulds. I’ll gladly pay the equivalent of $20 if the BPs continue with the same quality as before. Accessory packs could never serve as a proper replacement, even if they’re $5 cheaper :tongue: Something like the Sith Trooper BP or Mando BP just wouldn‘t be possible under these restrictions.

Besides, the accessory packs (at least thus far) are not supposed to be army builders in the first place, hence the abundance of named characters

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:
  • TBB: Hunter, Wrecker, Tech, Omega

I agree with the list except for one thing: I would replace Wrecker with a Republic Crosshair.

4 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

I agree with the list except for one thing: I would replace Wrecker with a Republic Crosshair.

Of course that’s also what I’d prefer, but four to five new prints plus a recoloured helmet is a lot to ask for in such a pack :grin:  They might surprise us with an increased budget for these compared to previous packs, but I‘m not counting on that

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Of course that’s also what I’d prefer, but four to five new prints plus a recoloured helmet is a lot to ask for in such a pack :grin:  They might surprise us with an increased budget for these compared to previous packs, but I‘m not counting on that

I know, but the title of this thread is wishlist :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Besides, the accessory packs (at least thus far) are not supposed to be army builders in the first place, hence the abundance of named characters

Lego hasn't been consistent with intending accessory packs to be army builders or not. There's been accessory packs with only named characters (spiderman etc), accessory packs with only generic army building figures (police, knights etc), and ones with two named characters and two army builder characters (marvel, ninjago etc). Then again we had actual battle packs with two named characters and two army characters (ki adi mundi battlepack). So what the accessory pack could have is up in the air really

Edited by Bobbtom

On 11/15/2021 at 3:40 AM, TeddytheSpoon said:

In all honesty, I'm not sure either of Andor or Kenobi will get any sets. LEGO hasn't exactly been keen to make sets for series before they're proven to be popular, let alone for ones that only last one season. As much as people love Obi-Wan (myself included), I don't think he as a character has as much pull as Boba Fett or Ahsoka, so the series will have to be properly good to generate enough hype to warrant a set. The same goes for Andor.

The other thing is the amount of sets released in a normal wave... With the UCS sets, helmets and the 'adult display' system sets, we only seem to be getting 9 or 10 system scale playsets in a calendar year. Unless that allocation goes up I think TLG will focus on the franchises with a bigger guaranteed pull rather than taking a chance on the more minor series, for want of a better word.

To be honest, I feel the opposite. I feel like Obi-Wan has more pull than Boba or Ahsoka (even though I’m personally most excited for Ahsoka) because Kenobi seems to be the most anticipated Disney+ show in general, and not just from Star Wars either. I think at least one set is practically guaranteed and I can definitely see us getting even two to three sets based off of it. (That Inquisitor ship from the concept art looks like it would be a sick Lego set.)

While Andor doesn’t have quite as much of an appeal, it is a Rebellion-centric show which gives Lego an excuse to do new versions of Rebel and Empire ships, which we all know they love to make. I believe the concept art showed Cassian flying some sort of A or U-Wing, so that alone could be a set right there.

I think this past summer wave has proven that Lego is willing to give at least the Star Wars shows a chance again (besides that fantastic CMF series and two mediocre What If? sets, I can’t say the same for Marvel.) It was almost entirely Disney+ based. More Mandalorian sets was no surprise but I was surprised to see them go back and do more sets off TCW Season 7 over a year later, not to mention that one of the biggest sets in the wave was from a new show, The Bad Batch.

Quick idea of a hypothetical summer 2022 wave:

Geonosis Duel ($19.99): Geonosis hanger with crashing pillar and dooku speeder. Comes with Yoda and Dooku. Reasoning: It's one of the few remaining iconic duels that hasn't been done recently.

V-wing ($29.99): Bad Batch V-wing with 1x prototrooper, Omega, and Hunter. Reasoning: A smaller bad batch set with more general appeal that also includes omega, a desirable figure.

Boba Fett showdown ($29.99): Boba Fett location set with Boba Fett, 2x enemies, and 1x mob boss. Reasoning: We'll get one boba set at least, maybe multiple.

Rebel Defenses ($49.99): Ion cannon and shield generator with 2x rebel trooper, hoth han on a brick-built tauntaun, and 2x snowtrooper. Reasoning: We've been getting a lot of hoth sets recently and seeing as the others have been for the imps, a rebel one just makes sense.

TIE Outlander ($59.99): TIE Outlander (between 2018 and 2021 ties in size) with Moff Gideon, Beskar Mando, Cara Dune, and a Death Trooper. Reasoning: they'll want to keep capitalizing on mando's popularity, and the outlander is similar enough to the standard tie for wide appeal but different enough (and with a different enough figure selection) to not conflict with 2021 tie sales.

B-wing starfighter ($79.99): Resistance B-wing with Poe Dameron, Aftab Ackbar, General Leia, BB-8, and 2 sith troopers. Target exclusive. Reasoning: There've been wacky store exclusives these past few years and IDK why but I just have a feeling we'll see this sooner or later.

Inquisitor ship ($89.99): Inquisitor's ship with 1x primary inquisitor, Obi-wan, and 3-4 kenobi series figures. Reasoning: It's the one vehicle we've seen in kenobi so far.

AT-TE ($99.99): Geonosis AT-TE model with 4x p1 clone troopers, p1 clone captain, Padawan Anakin, and 2 b2 battle droids. Reasoning: We tend to get more prequel sets in 2hy, and the AT-TE is overdue for a remake. Gunship would also be considered but we just got the UCS of it which rules out system versions for a couple years.

Millenium Falcon ($159.99): ESB millenium falcon with quad turrets, hyperdrive, the whole shebang. Comes with ESB Han, Leia, Chewie, C-3PO, a hoth rebel trooper, 2x snowtroopers, and Darth Vader. Reasoning: it's been 3 years since the last falcon and we're getting a slew of hoth sets this year.

Also a small update on my wishlist MOC wave:

Edgyinquisitorqouterebels.png

I've moved on to system sets after finishing the microfighters and battle packs.

53 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

AT-TE ($99.99): Geonosis AT-TE model with 4x p1 clone troopers, p1 clone captain, Padawan Anakin, and 2 b2 battle droids. Reasoning: We tend to get more prequel sets in 2hy, and the AT-TE is overdue for a remake. Gunship would also be considered but we just got the UCS of it which rules out system versions for a couple years.

I think the AT TE should surface soon, we had on in 2003, 2008 and 2013 (with Rebels AT TE in 2016), so its now  at least two years overdue, and it is has now returned to current media with BB. I think we would be lucky to get more than two or even one P1 clones, the last only had one trooper (a commander) (and only one regular B1), while the 2008 set only had one P1 as well (in addition to Rex). It seems to be a recent trend, a reduction from generally two or three of each trooper, to just one (the Turbo tank being a good example).

Edited by Stuartn

I finished rewatching all of Mando again. Like I did with The Bad Batch and Rebels, I’m going to type out some set ideas that I would like to realistically see. I actually think Lego has covered the show pretty well so far so I don’t have too much to add.

Season One:

Offworld Sandcrawler Microfighter ($10): Comes with an Offworld Jawa minifigure (New!).

Blurrg vs Speeder Bike Microfighters ($20): Microfighter versions of Kuill’s Blurrg and a Scout Trooper bike. Idealy the Blurrg would be properly scaled outside of the Microfighter context. Minifigures would include Kuiil (New!) and a Scout Trooper.

Clash at the Nevarro Cantina ($40): Similar build and size to the 2018 Mos Eisley Cantina. Instead of an Ubrikkan speeder, we could get an E-Web Blaster Cannon. Maybe there could be an explosive feature with the E-Web Battery, like when Moff Gideon shot at it in Chapter 8. Minifigures would include Beskar Mando, The Client (New!), Incinerator Stormtrooper (New!) and IG-11.

Lego Star Wars 202? Visual Dictionary with Exclusive Death Watch Mandalorian ($20): We all know why we’d be getting this one and it sure ain’t because of the book itself.

Season 2:

Imperial Juggernaut Microfighter ($10): Miniature version of the transport from Chapter 15. Comes with Imperial Disguise Migs Mayfeld (New!)

The Mandalorian Accessory Set ($15): Comes with Beskar Mando, Bo Katan, Axe Woves with helmet and hair piece (New!) and Koska Reeves with helmet and hair piece (New!). The builds could be some of the crates Bo-Katan was after in Chapter 11.

Training Grogu ($30): A small playset recreating the Corvus forest. You could have the campfire where Ahsoka “talks” to Grogu and there could be a feature where the rock/shifter knob is levitated towards Grogu. This set would be a comparable size to Trouble on Tatooine and include Beskar Mando (with new 1x1 round tile Razor Crest shifter knob print!), Grogu and Mando Ahsoka (New!).

Cobb Vanth’s Speeder Bike ($30): A set recreating The Marshal’s cobb-led together speeder. Minifigures would include Cobb Vanth with helmet and hair piece (New!), Hermit Boba Fett (New!) and maybe a Tusken Raider.

General:

UCS Razor Crest ($400-500): Yeah, the ship got blown up but it was a super cool ship. The model would be super accurate to the ship in-universe. Minifigures could include Beskar Mando, Season 2 Greef Karga, Cara Dune, Grogu, Kuill, Season 1 Mayfeld (New!), Frog Lady (New! Could reuse the new head mold they give CMF Kermit) and The Mythrol (New!). Carbonite blocks like the 2020 version would be included here as well.

If we could also get a Dave Filoni/Trapper Wolf minifigure somewhere, I’d definitely be happy.

some accessory pack ideas, based off the concept of 3 figs with a split between ranked and army-builders, and mostly being the same side for all the figs.

Spoiler

Prequels:

Clone command staff ($14.99): a clone commander, captain, and lieutenant with a command center.

Galactic Marines ($14.99): 2 galactic marines and commander bacara (using first order snowtrooper helmet mold?) with a small tri-droid

Geonosians ($14.99): a non-winged geonosian with a sonic blaster, a geonosian with wings and a spear, and Sun Fac. Build is an orray.

Jedi Knights ($14.99): Plo Koon, Quinlin Vos, and Luminara Unduli with a small bit of temple training equipment.

Animated series:

Cid's hideout ($14.99): Omega, Cid, and Hunter. Build of a dejerek table and the bar countertop.

Project War Mantle ($14.99): Rampart, Scorch, and a prototrooper. Build is a computer console.

Jedi Training ($14.99): Ezra, Kanan, and Sabine with a build of that traning scene from season 1 where they shoot at him.

Originals:

Imperial Command ($14.99): a Royal Guard, Vader, and the Emperor with a build of the emperor's throne.

Rebel Command ($14.99): Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar, and Crix Madine with a build of the briefing room.

Bounty hunters ($14.99): Boba Fett, Bosssk, and Dengar (plus an IG-88 build) with a build of a bit of jabba's palace.

Cantina encounter ($14.99): Old Ben, Luke, and Ponda Baba with a build of the bartop.

Sequels:

Jakku Escape ($14.99): Poe, Lor San Tekka, and a first order flametrooper with a couple small terrain bits.

Palpatine Revealed ($14.99): Kylo, Palpatine, and a Soviergn protector with a build of the Omnic Harness

Rey's Training ($14.99): Old Luke, Rey, and Chewbacca (and a porg) with a build of that rock rey slices that was in every trailer.

Eternal Emperor ($14.99): Eternal Palpatine, Rey, and Ben Solo with a build of the Sith Throne

Live action shows:

Mudhorn fight ($14.99): muddy mando, Kuill, and Baby Yoda in the Pram with a mudhorn build.

Bandit attack ($14.99): Beskar Mando, a new Cara, and a new bandit with a build of some village fortifications.

Cobb Vanth ($14.99): S2 mando, Cobb, and a Tusken with a build of Cobb's Speeder.

Lord Boba ($14.99): Boba, Fennec, and a gamorrean with a build of Boba's Throne.

Also another update on my progress for that wishlist:

AZ-3.png

I took the idea of a motorcycle handlebar for the lower body from a MOC but every moc I found used it so I don't know who to credit.

20th Anniversary sets for 2022 predictions - I think these are realistic except for the Clone Pilot - maybe they didn’t have time to make the complex mould required for the UCS set…? 

75XXX Hailfire Droid + Dwarf Spider Droid £24.99: Geonosian Battle Droid Commander, Geonosian Battle Droid (x2) 

75XXX Homing Spider Droid £29.99: Super Battle Droid (x2), Shaak Ti, Clone Lieutenant 

75XXX Coruscant Airspeeder Chase £54.99: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Zam Wessell 

75XXX Republic AT-TE Walker £99.99: Mace Windu OR Luminara Unduli OR Plo Koon, Clone Sergeant, Padme Amidala, Clone Trooper (x2) 

75XXX Republic Gunship (w/Dooku’s Speeder) £139.99: Clone Pilot, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fisto, Clone Captain, Clone Trooper, Count Dooku 

The AT TE in particular could do with an upgrade, especially the interior, in similar fashion to the 2020 AT-AT. (seating areas etc) 

Edited by ArrowBricks

5 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

20th Anniversary sets for 2022 predictions - I think these are realistic except for the Clone Pilot - maybe they didn’t have time to make the complex mould required for the UCS set…? 

75XXX Hailfire Droid + Dwarf Spider Droid £24.99: Geonosian Battle Droid Commander, Geonosian Battle Droid (x2) 

75XXX Homing Spider Droid £29.99: Super Battle Droid (x2), Shaak Ti, Clone Lieutenant 

75XXX Coruscant Airspeeder Chase £54.99: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Zam Wessell 

75XXX Republic AT-TE Walker £99.99: Mace Windu OR Luminara Unduli OR Plo Koon, Clone Sergeant, Padme Amidala, Clone Trooper (x2) 

75XXX Republic Gunship (w/Dooku’s Speeder) £139.99: Clone Pilot, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Kit Fisto, Clone Captain, Clone Trooper, Count Dooku 

The AT TE in particular could do with an upgrade, especially the interior, in similar fashion to the 2020 AT-AT. (seating areas etc) 

Good list, and while I don't think the whole wave will be AOTC, I think there'll definately be some AOTC sets in the summer 2022 wave. A system gunship, while not likely to release anytime soon due to the UCS one existing, would certainly have a clone pilot. UCS sets, especially ones that aren't figure scale, play looser with figures, but system ships almost always come with pilots.

One of the bigger sets on the wishlist I'm working on is an AT-TE, I'll keep that interior in mind when I build it. I'm currently halfway through the A-wing in terms of how far I'm working my way down the list.

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Good list, and while I don't think the whole wave will be AOTC, I think there'll definately be some AOTC sets in the summer 2022 wave. A system gunship, while not likely to release anytime soon due to the UCS one existing, would certainly have a clone pilot. UCS sets, especially ones that aren't figure scale, play looser with figures, but system ships almost always come with pilots.

One of the bigger sets on the wishlist I'm working on is an AT-TE, I'll keep that interior in mind when I build it. I'm currently halfway through the A-wing in terms of how far I'm working my way down the list.

Yes the AT-TE for sure needs an improvement. Couple of good mocs online, as well as schematics too. It really does emphasis the interior, which previous Lego models have failed to capture imo. 

Taken from the other thread, here's my predictions/wishlist as to what these will be.  Since I have absolutely no way of knowing what D+ sets are planned, what properties are even getting sets, nor what could even come as a set from one of the shows, I'm just going to ignore TBoBF, Mando S3, Andor, and Kenobi.  This is just "if these are all based on existing content" and I assume that several of these set numbers will be replaced by models from upcoming shows.  

75331 ($530): MBS Endor, includes the shield bunker, 5-7 trees (maybe 3-4 resembling the Ewok Village set on a smaller scale), shield dish, 3-4 Ewok traps (catapults, log smasher thing, etc), AT-ST, 3 speeder bikes, and maybe part of the landing platform.  26 minifigures: Endor Han, Endor Leia, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, 2x AT-ST driver, 4x Scout Trooper, 4x Stormtrooper, 2x Imperial Trooper, Imperial Officer, Wicket, Paploo, Chief Chirpa, Logray, Teebo, Nik Sant, 2x Endor Rebel Troopers

75332 ($30): CIS Tank Droid, includes a small bit of Genosis terrain.  Includes 1x Geonosis Battle Droid, Luminara Unduli, and a Geonosian warrior

75333 ($30): Snowspeeder, includes a small radar dish or turret build.  Includes Luke Skywalker, Dak Ralter, and a Snowtrooper with E-Web

75334 ($50): Coruscant Speeder Chase: Includes Zam Wessel, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Jango Fett, and the assassin probes

75335 ($100): Echo Base: Very similar to the 2007 version, where it's based around the front facade/doors.  Includes a docking station for a snowspeeder (included), command area, and part of the medical bay.  Minifigures are Hoth Han Solo, General Riekann, K-3PO, 2x Rebel Pilot, 2x Hoth Rebel Trooper, Snowtrooper, Probe Droid, and Darth Vader.  I'm predicting either this one or the $140 set are the AT-TE.

75337 ($140): Either this is an AT-TE or Gunship (if this is the AT-TE, then the Gunship is $160).  Assuming this is the AT-TE, I'd say it includes the build, a Geonosian cannon, maybe a command post, and some terrain.  Minifigures include 4x P1 clones, P1 Clone commander, 2x Super Battle Droids, Geonosian Warrior, Mace Windu

75338 ($70): Republic Y-Wing: includes Captain Rex, R7-A7, Ahsoka Tano, and a 332nd Trooper

75323 ($160): Republic Gunship (includes a speeder bike in the back): Includes 2x P1 Clone Pilot, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Padme Amidala, 4x P1 Clone, 2x Super Battle Droid, 2x Geonosis Battle Droid 

75339 (price unknown): I'm going to say this is a $20 duel between Yoda and Count Dooku, including a falling pillar and Dooku's speeder. 

75340 ($45): Something based on Bad Batch.  Not really sure but I expect there to be one set, at least, which includes Omega and possibly Rex.

75342 ($40): Lars Homestead: Includes Luke, Owen, Beru, C-3PO, and R2-D2.  Similar in build to Obi-Wan's hut, but two structures.  One is the kitchen/dining area, the other is the workshop/garage area.

75343 ($60): Something based on the ST.  Again, not too sure what, but I think we'll get something.

Here are some of my shots in the dark.

75323 ? ($159.99): I honestly have no guesses as to what this could be. It’s probably too soon for a Gunship and I don’t really see them doing another Star Destroyer right now. I doubt it’s a Venator and it’s probably too big to be a set based on a new Disney+ show.

75331 Battle of Endor ($529.99): The builds are the bunker, a decent sized shield generator, an AT-ST, two speeder bikes, an Ewok glider and plenty of foliage. I’m going to go low and guess an amount of 20 figures. Minifigures include Endor Han Solo (New!), Endor Leia (New!), Chewbacca, C3PO, R2-D2, Captain Rex/Nik Sant (New!), Rebel Commandos (New!) [x2], Wicket, 2 other Ewoks (New!), Stormtrooper [x3], Scout Trooper [x2], AT-ST Driver, Imperial Officer and two Imperial Navy Troopers.

75332-75335, I’m going to guess these are related to Kenobi, Andor and maybe Bad Batch Season 2. One of them could be a Clone/TK/Stormtrooper Pack related to The Bad Batch like the 501st set. Depending on how big a role it plays in the show, I could see that concept art Inquisitor ship being made into 75335 for Kenobi.

75336 Crosshair’s Imperial Carrier ($100): Comes with Crosshair, two Elite Squad Troopers (New!), Admiral Rampart (New!) and Hunter.

75337 AT-TE ($130): Comes with Padawan Anakin Skywalker (New!), Padme Amidala (New!), two Clone Troopers and two Geonosis Battle Droids.

75338, I’m going to guess is another Disney+ based set. 

75340 Advent Calendar ($44.99): I think a $5 price hike is a bit much, but hey.

75242 Vader’s TIE Advanced ($40): I’m not sure if this ship will appear in Kenobi or not, but this ship is due for a standalone scaled remake anyway. Minifigures would include Darth Vader (ideally the ANH version but a reuse is fine), Admiral Piett (New!) and a Stormtrooper.

75243 Captain Rex’s Y-Wing ($60): I still want this set really bad lol and I’m sure Lego is itching to do a new Y-Wing. Minifigures would include the long awaited Phase Two Captain Rex (New!), Cad Bane with Todo 360 (New!) and Omega (New!).

Edited by The Stud

11 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

75343 ($60): Something based on the ST.  Again, not too sure what, but I think we'll get something.

This is rumoured to be the Dark Trooper helmet. 

11 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:
7 hours ago, The Stud said:

75337 AT-TE ($130): Comes with Padawan Anakin Skywalker (New!), Padme Amidala (New!), two Clone Troopers and two Geonosis Battle Droids.

75337 ($140): Either this is an AT-TE or Gunship (if this is the AT-TE, then the Gunship is $160).  Assuming this is the AT-TE, I'd say it includes the build, a Geonosian cannon, maybe a command post, and some terrain.  Minifigures include 4x P1 clones, P1 Clone commander, 2x Super Battle Droids, Geonosian Warrior, Mace Windu

There is no way an AT TE is $140. This would mean a piece increase of Atleast 350-450 pieces. Whilst it needs improving, not this much. It’s more likely to be one of the $100, and the $140 the Gunship. 

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

This is rumoured to be the Dark Trooper helmet. 

There is no way an AT TE is $140. This would mean a piece increase of Atleast 350-450 pieces. Whilst it needs improving, not this much. It’s more likely to be one of the $100, and the $140 the Gunship. 

The last AT-TE in 2016 was $120. A price hike of $20 doesn’t sound unlikely to me. The 2020 AT-AT jumped to $160 from the $110 or $120 AT-AT of 2014. They could throw in a couple of STAPs or yet another BARC speeder here.

Speaking of the 2020 AT-AT, that will probably be retiring by the end of 2022 so Lego is going to need something to fill that large walker void.

I do wonder if there’s a chance we get a new Count Dooku in a set next year though. It’s been almost ten years since we last got a new figure of him. 

I guess if there’s any chance the $160 set is a Gunship, he could be included in that with his speeder and AOTC Obi-Wan, Yoda or Mace Windu and a few clones.

Edited by The Stud

So I actually have a feeling that the $160 set is a playset-scale Millennium Falcon. Reason being, the new City space sets introduce a new cockpit piece which is if half cone and half cylinder. I think this would work quite well for the Falcon, might even allow for a third minifigure to sit in the cockpit though I'm not sure on that. Also wouldn't be shocked if it was Empire-based, to go with Lego's recent spree of Hoth sets. 

I agree that the new City space cockpit looks a lot like the old Millennium Falcon cockpit piece from set 7190 in the year 2000 (also from Solar Explorer, set 7315, year 2001), but I doubt there's a $160 Millennium Falcon coming in 2022.  Brickset doesn't list a retirement date for 75257 ($160, 2019, Rise of Skywalker version), so it's going to be sold until at least June of 2022.  Also, in keeping with the downscaled sets from 2021, I would expect the next Falcon to be $100-$120 and quite a bit smaller in build size.

1 hour ago, The Stud said:

I do wonder if there’s a chance we get a new Count Dooku in a set next year though. It’s been almost ten years since we last got a new figure of him. 

I guess if there’s any chance the $160 set is a Gunship, he could be included in that with his speeder and AOTC Obi-Wan, Yoda or Mace Windu and a few clones.

I just noticed that the other day, hopefully he shows up soon since I only have the CW version of him. I wonder if Lego would be willing to put him in a set he doesn't necessarily belong in, since I'm not sure he would really fit in much aside from a new version of his duel with Yoda (and obviously the arena, but we're never getting that).

The current Slave I was released right after the 20th version. A new Falcon is possible. It could be down scaled /and/ be the same price. Look @ Battle Packs. Perhaps the $140 slot, though, just for optics. 

IIRC the designers said no system-scale Gunship is in the works. That was around last summer in the “exclusive preview interview” for the UCS Gunship. It’s not happening in 2022.

Edit: I wasn’t there so maaaybe it was a mis-direct & there’s no /Republic/ Gunship coming. Door is slightly open for a Bad Batch Imperial-era version. The designers can’t keep Republic/Empire straight, though, so unless /that’s/ why they keep mixing up the eras on the Gunship… it seems unlikely.

Edited by Pedilego

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

The current Slave I was released right after the 20th version. A new Falcon is possible. It could be down scaled /and/ be the same price. Look @ Battle Packs. Perhaps the $140 slot, though, just for optics. 

IIRC the designers said no system-scale Gunship is in the works. That was around last summer in the “exclusive preview interview” for the UCS Gunship. It’s not happening in 2022.

Edit: I wasn’t there so maaaybe it was a mis-direct & there’s no /Republic/ Gunship coming. Door is slightly open for a Bad Batch Imperial-era version. The designers can’t keep Republic/Empire straight, though, so unless /that’s/ why they keep mixing up the eras on the Gunship… it seems unlikely.

They are not going to say a Gunship is in the works, regardless imo. People would just say, oh I will wait for that instead of buying the UCS version. IMO it is the perfect time to release it, but Lego and obvious isn't always synonymous. 

2 hours ago, The Stud said:

The last AT-TE in 2016 was $120. A price hike of $20 doesn’t sound unlikely to me. The 2020 AT-AT jumped to $160 from the $110 or $120 AT-AT of 2014. They could throw in a couple of STAPs or yet another BARC speeder here.

Speaking of the 2020 AT-AT, that will probably be retiring by the end of 2022 so Lego is going to need something to fill that large walker void.

I did not realise this, but Rex's AT-TE is a different animal to the standard Republic one. 

I am going to do my predictions soon, but if I was to guess I would have Dooku and his speeder in the Gunship. Even if Anakin etc are not included. 

1 minute ago, ArrowBricks said:

They are not going to say a Gunship is in the works, regardless imo. People would just say, oh I will wait for that instead of buying the UCS version. IMO it is the perfect time to release it, but Lego and obvious isn't always synonymous.

Agreed. I don’t recall Lego lying, though. Normally in those situations, they’d be coy e.g. “Not on the direct horizon, but you never know what could come in the future.”

Also, IMO this is different than 2 Luke’s X-Wings on shelves at the same time (e.g. ~$40 and $200) or Falcons ($160 and $800) where it’s 4-5x the price.

I would be delighted to be wrong, though.

6 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I agree, but I'm thinking more worst case scenario.  Given the pricing of recent sets, I think if we got both, it'd be a $140 Gunship and a $100 AT-TE, but there are some sets that seem very much overpriced still, to where I could see them going more expensive on it.  $120 is probably the max I could see an AT-TE costing, but if they priced it at $140 with the intention of it getting discounted down to $120...Unlikely, but possible?

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

I wonder if Lego would be willing to put him in a set he doesn't necessarily belong in, since I'm not sure he would really fit in much aside from a new version of his duel with Yoda (and obviously the arena, but we're never getting that).

I think if we get some Geonosis stuff, between him, Jango Fett, Mace Windu, some minor Jedi characters, and some Trade Federation characters, we're likely to get a couple even if they weren't technically in the exact scene.  They do that a decent amount in vehicle-based sets, especially ones where there's only one pilot seat (A-Wing with Ackbar and Han Solo, Y-Wing with Celebration Leia, X-Wing with Dodonna and Leia, TIE with the Death Star Droid, Tank Droid with Jango Fett, Droid Tri-Fighter with Palpatine, etc). 

Sorry I'm a little behind on the flood of discussions about the rumored prices, but is the 530$ set confirmed to be UCS or MBS? I see a lot of people betting on it possibly being an MBS Jabba's Palace, which would be pretty cool, but does Jabba's Palace have enough going for it to be made into a 530$ set? I mean, the MBS Cloud City was pretty big and encompassed everything that was shown of Cloud City in Episode V, and it was still "only" 350$. Maybe Jabba's Palace + a medium-scale Khetanna to be able to also recreate the Sarlacc Pit scene would make more sense for that price.

A 530$ minifigure-scale Sail Barge, though, now that would be the dream :drool: