1 hour ago, MrKite6 said:

How much do we trust Promobricks?

They are usually well-informed.

On 10/4/2021 at 2:35 PM, Bricstol74 said:

No amount of stretching alters the fact that shes 15% too tall against the correct  ratio of 176 studs long by 19 studs wide. The stud count doesnt change.

How are you counting the height? I can't make out the entirety of the build from the picture on Promobricks, so I'm impressed if you were able to verify height that way. But if you're working from the listed dimensions of the set, keep in mind that it's pictured with display stands, which would likely extend the listed height beyond the height of the ship on its own.

In either case, I'm not too fussy about dimensions being exact as long as something looks good. And this does look like quite a set as far as the level of detail is concerned!

Dumped a digital elevation model into sketchup, scaled 176 studs long, then stretched the hull in the leaked image into a true square on side view and overlaid. You can see the black hull is made of 3 decks of 1x1 headlight bricks with 2 rows of plates inbetween. Comes out 15% too tall compared to length and beam. From a Lego and titanic enthusiast since 1980.

Why did no one mention that Promobricks said, on their Instragram, "Expect the official reveal this week. 🙂"?

10 hours ago, Alpha Draconis said:

Welcome to the forum! I also signed up relatively recently and was in the exact same position as you for some time. And believe me, it's more fun to participate in discussion than to just be silent observer :classic: 

Thank you! I bet it is more fun, and I look forward to interacting with all of you! :classic:

10 hours ago, supertechnicman said:

This set will go perfectly with my 1:200 scale QM2. 

I’m really excited they made interior details & designed it in 1:200 scale. 

Wow!! That is awesome!! Those will definitely look awesome together, Maybe once you finish both ships, you would be willing to share some photos? :grin:

On a different note, I was thinking a bit about the possibility of a GWP that could come with this set, and did a few calculations. A scale model of the SS Traffic, one of Titanic's tenders would be around 11.16 inches long, and a model of the other tender, Nomadic, would be just around 13.2. Given the size of the Colosseum GWP, these seem a little too large unfortunately... But I would love to be wrong! What I think would be more likely is Alvin, the submarine that rediscovered Titanic. In scale with the Titanic a scale model of Alvin would be around 1.5 inches long, Which is obviously much closer, even smaller then the Colosseum GWP.

Edited by TheKingPorg

15 minutes ago, TheKingPorg said:

On a different note, I was thinking a bit about the possibility of a GWP that could come with this set, and did a few calculations. A scale model of the SS Traffic, one of Titanic's tenders would be around 11.16 inches long, and a model of the other tender, Nomadic, would be just over 13. Given the size of the Colosseum GWP, these seem a little too large unfortunately... But I would love to be wrong! What I think would be more likely is Alvin, the submarine that rediscovered Titanic. In scale with the Titanic a scale model of Alvin would be around 1.5 inches long, Which is obviously much closer, even smaller then the Colosseum GWP.

While I would prefer the Nomadic or Traffic, I'm sure that, for the general public, Alvin would be a better choice.

1 hour ago, MrKite6 said:

Why did no one mention that Promobricks said, on their Instragram, "Expect the official reveal this week. 🙂"?

Huh. Indeed, they have mentioned that. I don't know if TLG makes any reveals on Fridays - I remember most of them being on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. As much as I would love a reveal tomorrow, it would be strange to have the second-largest set of all time receive no teaser at all. Promobricks is very reliable when it comes to prices, piece counts and other set details, though they are not immune to error, particularly when it comes to announcement dates (it has been the case that a couple of announcements ended up being the following week or two). Nevertheless, fingers crossed they are correct.

2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Huh. Indeed, they have mentioned that. I don't know if TLG makes any reveals on Fridays - I remember most of them being on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays. As much as I would love a reveal tomorrow, it would be strange to have the second-largest set of all time receive no teaser at all. Promobricks is very reliable when it comes to prices, piece counts and other set details, though they are not immune to error, particularly when it comes to announcement dates (it has been the case that a couple of announcements ended up being the following week or two). Nevertheless, fingers crossed they are correct.

Don't think Friday reveals are often, but I would like to point out that the colosseum was officially revealed Friday, November 13th. That had a teaser a few days before. But TLG also often from my knowledge has done many teasers the day before the reveal like the Question Block which had a teaser on the 8th and then was revealed on the 9th. If promobricks is correct in saying it will be revealed this week, which I could believe, Id say today (Thursday) we may get a teaser if they do one at all then a Friday reveal.

this is it ladies and gentlemen! looks like most of the information we got over the last week was legit. I still cant get over the fact that this set has 14 kilos - what a dense build this must be

It’s beautiful!!! :pir-love: 
It’s everything I’ve been waiting for for so many long years!! I can’t believe it’s finally officially here!

Edited by TheKingPorg

I’m speechless. I’ve been waiting for this set since I was a kid, and now that it’s here it’s more than I ever imagined. I can’t wait to buy and build these behemoth - however long it takes 😁 @MrKite6 what a birthday for you it must be 😅

I'd call it the TileTanic if we had to use LEGO naming.

Edited by TeriXeri

12 minutes ago, TitanGuy1 said:

@MrKite6 what a birthday for you it must be

Indeed! Pretty much all of my birthday money is going towards this thing! :roflmao: my family all knows how fascinated I am with Titanic

I can’t get over all the incredible details!! From the working reciprocating engines and working rigging tightener, to little things such as the railings, staircases, and even a period correct American flag with 46 stars. Awesome! :excited:

I'll just get this out of the way first, this set looks incredible. 

That said, I'm in a very weird place with this model. I have wanted a Lego Titanic since I was a little kid, I built extremely poor ones with my basic bricks at 6 or so years old. This set is basically everything I could want from a Lego Titanic. Yet now, as a 35 year old, the reality of trying to find a home for a 4 foot long model in my house is a somewhat daunting prospect. I very badly want to get this, and I may, but the practicality of displaying it gives me a great deal of pause.

So, for those of you who are picky/crazy enough that they're concerned about the color of the funnels, I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I feel this part in this color would work almost perfectly! It makes a 4x4 cylinder and I feel it's pretty close

Bad news: The yellow part used in the funnels is 5 studs tall and they're stacks of two. The piece I presented being 1/4 of the cylinder, for a 10 stud tall yellow part of the funnel, means you'd need 40 of this piece per funnel, meaning you need 160 of this part... And both Bricklink and Brickowl combined don't sell enough...

Screenshot (775).png

Okay, sorry, I should've checked this before posting the other post, but I think I found a way to not only get the funnels the right color but also make them a bit thicker to make them hopefully look better (and Bricklink sells enough of these pieces to work)
https://imgur.com/a/8uYiKIM

Absolutely a day one buy for me, but I have a question about day one.  Before the official announcement, everyone said it would be released to VIPs on 20 Oct.  All I have been able to find is that it will be available for pre-order on 1 Nov and purchase on 8 Nov.  No info at all about a special VIP release.  Am I missing something?  Thanks!

Edited by gatorzip02

24 minutes ago, gatorzip02 said:

Absolutely a day one buy for me, but I have a question about day one.  Before the official announcement, everyone said it would be released to VIPs on 20 Oct.  All I have been able to find is that it will be available for pre-order on 1 Nov and purchase on 8 Nov.  No info at all about a special VIP release.  Am I missing something?  Thanks!

As far as I’m aware the VIP release was a rumour which has now been confirmed false. Whether that was the original release plan and they had to delay it or it was always going to be pre order on the 1st and available the 8th.