kris kelvin

[MOC] Chateau Mokotoff

Elo everybody.

After almost a three-year dark age break, I finally built something. Well it`s a castle as you can see.
Enjoy or no :)

49897627187_daec77d840_c.jpg

Full Gallery

Edited by kris kelvin

The blue and white is eye catching!  It's really neat how you brought that bit of bright color - that and the horse trappings - into an otherwise earth-toned creation.  The slanting road looks great too, and I like the fence you built with hoses.  Hope you keep building! :wink: 

I really like the mix of stone work and stone, it makes it seem very realistic and looks good with the landscape and roads. The colours in the stone walls look good too and very natural. The trees look nice and the roof on the hall is great! I can't wait to see more!

I'll echo the others - that slanting road is ace! :thumbup:  The quarter-tile roof and the beams across the entrance to the stables are some great details as well, and the minifigs really add some nice action to the scene :classic:  Excellent layout to the tower as well; awesome way to pull out of your dark ages! 

As said above the blue and white really catches your eye.  I like all the little bits of color in the tower.  The wooden wall and wooden parts of the tower have some nice color variation.  The slanted road is such a great idea and really adds another layer to the build.  The pine trees look great, especially with the thin trunks.  The roofs with the vegetation on them is a nice touch.  The figs are great and all the action in the build is a really nice to see.  Great job.  

I agree with the previous reactions. 
Besides it's a great moc, the design itself, the coloring and stuff, there are a is a things wich realy 'pops-out' One ... the blue/white on the baywindow, with matching door. Other nice detail is indeed the 'green' roof. 

Dude very cool.  I personally love how you did the blue and white on the turret.  Wonderful use on colors!

Great job, very very cool

So once again thanks for nice comments.

It`s quite funny because in our LUG Zbudujmy.to this blue and white part is not considered successful :D

Well, the matter of taste.

Really beautiful!  There's so much going on here.  I like the muted color palette and how it works with the bright blue and white popping out against it.  The fence technique with the hoses looks superb, and the slightly askew roof tiles are outstanding.  The scale and setup of the scene are great, too.  If I had to offer suggestions, they would surround the wooden wall.  Usually crenelations were only facing outward on a wall particularly if they fenced in an inner higher area, unless there was a defensive reason, since if the wall was overrun, the inner defenders on higher ground wanted the enemy to be exposed and not have a defensive position to use against them.  However, if the wall does not enclose anything for some reason, this would make more sense.  Love the wood paneling on the wooden section of the castle: the plates it takes to do that become expensive, but the look is well worth it.  I also like your choice of colors to break up the grey of the wall.  It looks old but well cared for.  Really excellent work!

Which guild are you with?  We have had a lot of old guild members returning and I am curious who you are building for.

Great work! Inlike the overall feel of the build. Great colours on the ground and stone work. I like the knights that are more medieval joust type.

And welcome back!

On 5/22/2020 at 5:51 AM, Grover said:

Which guild are you with?  We have had a lot of old guild members returning and I am curious who you are building for.

Moved to History. That said, awesome castle!

On 5/22/2020 at 5:51 AM, Grover said:

If I had to offer suggestions, they would surround the wooden wall. 

Well, the plan is to bi much bigger and it would be surrounded :)
I`m planning this to be 5x6 baseplates. Maybe 5x7. So there will by small hill, castle on top and river.

Thanks for replay :)

On 5/23/2020 at 4:21 PM, Ecclesiastes said:

Moved to History. That said, awesome castle!

Good move. My bad I posted this in wrong place :)

Edited by kris kelvin

Overall, a beatiful creation.
If I had to pick a favorite part of it, I'd say the SNOT work on the wooden parts of the MOC (ramparts and the wood parts of the tower/house) are my favorite. You created neat details using this method.

Beautiful work, I like the roofs very much : the mosses ones render well, the quarter round tile one is gorgeous and the main one (with the 2x2 tiles) looks very natural. The texturing and color of the stone wall is great and realistic.
As said above : awesome way to pull out of your dark ages! 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:59 AM, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Looks very good and nice use of pieces 

On 6/4/2020 at 2:34 AM, LegoLegend said:

i really like what you did. Agree- Great use of pieces.

Thank you very much :)

On 5/18/2020 at 1:02 AM, kris kelvin said:

Elo everybody.

After almost a three-year dark age break, I finally built something. Well it`s a castle as you can see.
Enjoy or no :)

49897627187_daec77d840_c.jpg

Full Gallery

I LOVE your roof technique!

I love many things about the 'Chateau', but the chevron design used in the door and the wooden part of the tower look SO GOOD! :)