Eoin Wallace

Mitgardian Tower House

This build was inspired by medieval tower houses, which were small castles built by many noble families in Scotland and Ireland. These castles are also very common in northern Mitgardia, for use as outposts and defending the borders, and Eoin had passed by many during his patrols.

Sorry I have not posted in a while, but this build has been in the making since November and I have been very busy. 

Mitgardian Tower HouseMitgardian Tower HouseMitgardian Tower HouseMitgardian Tower HouseMitgardian Tower House

Here is a peek at the inside of the tower:

Mitgardian Tower House

Mitgardian Tower House

I hope you like it!:dhappy:

Nice build.  I like the snow on the ground.  The tower is very nice, clean, and smooth with just enough texturing and detail to break it up.  The interiors are excellent.  I love that you have a fireplace on every level on the one side where the chimney is, such a great detail.  I also love that you have doors in each room and that they match another very nice detail.  My only criticism is that the snow on the trees seems a bit blocky.  But overall excellent job.   

Really nice work! Funnily enough, I just finished reading the Osprey book "Strongholds of the Border Reivers" and you've captured the austere exterior and compact interior very well. Good job making an interior too, especially on such a small footprint.

I think this style of tower suits Mitgardia very well!

Impressive work, fellow Mitgardian Wallace. 

A beautiful castle with an exquisite watchtower. The base looks phenomenal - your snow-work is improving fast! And I like the fading between tan and dark tan before reaching the white slopes for the snow. Great addition of the transparent plates as ice hanging from the trees. The roof technique is beautiful too, but that interior steals the show. I can see the @soccerkid6 Snyder inspiration, here. It's a joy to see so much effort put in the interior - color, movement and purpose on the whole build. 

Amazing work, Sire Wallace. Another proud construction standing in the cold mountains.

Only wished to have read a backstory for this mysterious lonely keep. 

Nice build with great snow and love that you made the trees smaller to make the tower house even bigger looking. And I agree with @Louis of Nutwood that a backstory would be nice especially when there is that wolf at the back.

Gorgeous work.  So many little details as zoth33 and others mentioned above. Those doors add such an important detail, I would have forgotten with this type of pivot-open build. I also love the attacker sneaking up the side!

@zoth33 @Basiliscus @(Luc)ky Luke @Jerry McGlade @Rockstaremcee Thank you all, I'm glad you like it!

On 3/19/2020 at 1:44 PM, Louis of Nutwood said:

Impressive work, fellow Mitgardian Wallace. 

A beautiful castle with an exquisite watchtower. The base looks phenomenal - your snow-work is improving fast! And I like the fading between tan and dark tan before reaching the white slopes for the snow. Great addition of the transparent plates as ice hanging from the trees. The roof technique is beautiful too, but that interior steals the show. I can see the @soccerkid6 Snyder inspiration, here. It's a joy to see so much effort put in the interior - color, movement and purpose on the whole build. 

Amazing work, Sire Wallace. Another proud construction standing in the cold mountains.

Only wished to have read a backstory for this mysterious lonely keep. 

Thank you very much! @soccerkid6has always been a great source of iinspriation for me, especially the snowy builds! My one regret with this build was not writing a backstory, although when I started it back in November I was going to give it a Holiday theme but then ran out of inspiration after I got very busy and did not finish it for a while. I hope to have a story with my next build.

Really beautiful tower.  It immediately brings to mind many of the keeps of Scotland to me.  I love the steep pitched round roof on the corner tower, especially with all the snow.  The snow is very well done, piled higher than the path and with bits of the trans clear for ice here and there.  Your use of the dark bley on the corners and interspersed throughout is really tasteful as well.  The interior of the keep is great!  I love seeing interiors when they are possible.  Great job, and way to go on the front page, especially during this lull in builds here on GoH.

What a nice building. Compact, and full of details. I specifically like your base, which is a nice combination of plates and slopes. As I'm just starting to moc medieval styles, I'm only at the baseplate stage currently :) I love how this forum helps me and other builders to improve skills. Keep on building. 

Awesome creation! The interior is very good and detailed! And the tower also is fabulous, well done. 

Edited by W Navarre

On 3/22/2020 at 12:42 PM, Grover said:

Really beautiful tower.  It immediately brings to mind many of the keeps of Scotland to me.  I love the steep pitched round roof on the corner tower, especially with all the snow.  The snow is very well done, piled higher than the path and with bits of the trans clear for ice here and there.  Your use of the dark bley on the corners and interspersed throughout is really tasteful as well.  The interior of the keep is great!  I love seeing interiors when they are possible.  Great job, and way to go on the front page, especially during this lull in builds here on GoH.

Thank you very much! The snow was my favourite part to build. 

@Fraunces @Svendp @W Navarre @LEGO Train 12 Volts Thank you all!:dhappy:

Really well done! You have captured the tower houses of Scotland very well, a pity a great deal now lie in ruin. I appreciate you adding an interior too. All very good work!