I made a mish-mash of my clumsy models, threw in a li'l Liebherr livery for bad measure and came up with a rubbish terrain crane. It has functions and does stuff. Kitty's not impressed.

1920x1164.jpg

1920x1312.jpg

1920x1114.jpg

1920x982.jpg

1920x1638.jpg

1920x1781.jpg

1920x779.jpg

1920x3710.jpg

1920x3970.jpg

1920x3053.jpg

1920x2630.jpg

1920x2317.jpg

The boom is not horizontal at its lowest position, is it?

Edited by Parazels

Agree with @LEGO Train 12 Volts complete; cranes are not designed to win beauty contest, but are big bad and "ugly". I wish I had some time to build something in last 2 months :sad:

Do not worry about kitty, I have 2 new and my terrier is recovering from nasty surgery so it is the most important that kitty is fine :sweet:

I wish you have no trouble with covid-19 or how is it called.

Regards

5 hours ago, suffocation said:

mish-mash of my clumsy models

Huh?

What is clumsy here? This is brilliant. And mish-mash is what LEGO is all about!!! What else?

Very nice monster. And very cool functions.

[Cats ... we have two - a Queen and a King, they are siblings. And of the very proud "we are the top of the evolution" type. Got them because they were found in the trash - during the yearly public cleanup season - and nobody said: Yes, of course they can stay in the cardboard box for a couple of hours ... then my two girls (now 23 and 24 years old) saw them in the box - and later in the evening I saw them. About 4 weeks old, 10 cm long, deep blue eyes back then. What was it ... a tenth of a second? My wife said: And I will have to feed them ... we were maybe talking a couple of minutes. And now they are (apparently) not impressed by anything anymore. They are terrorizing the neighborhood, killing mice and some birds ... top of the evolution! BUT: Today was vaccination day. Phew. All that glory gone ... he just couldn't hold his ... whatever. It puts things into perspective though ... :head_back:]

Congratulations on your achievement!

Best
Thorsten

4 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like a futuristic tank! :laugh:

Seriously though, this is great! It has all the functions you'd need in a real RTC and looks cool. :thumbup:

I have to agree with you I does make me think of a tank instead of a crane

44 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Do not worry about kitty, I have 2 new and my terrier is recovering from nasty surgery so it is the most important that kitty is fi

@I_Igor Oh no - I sure hope your dog is recovering well? Our dog had to undergo a similar thing - she is doing well again, after two weeks (she is 16 years old now - a refugee from Korfu). And I hope it was the kind of surgery that really gives hope, when it was "successfully" done!

[Covid-19 ... is in part mass hysteria. And in part a deadly disease. I just hope that mankind will "stay reasonable" and "reflective"; it is serious - but it is not the end of Live on Earth. Just because markets go crazy, just because numbers pop up as mushrooms everywhere does not mean it is "real". People are dying by the thousands each day, every minute all over this planet - due to wars, hunger, and crazy people in charge. And nobody notices that. Don't get me wrong: Covid-19 is serious. But so are so many other diseases (and much more so: situations) on this planet. As of >now<. The difference is (I believe): "It" has reached "us". "Us" as in: We were living in peace and freedom and now that. And then folks living in the "Garden of Eden" (US, EU, etc) buy ... forget it, I don't want to go any further. I am in trouble anyways I guess ...]

But I will press submit.

Again: All the best for you, your family, and your pets - I like to call family members as well.

Thorsten

9 hours ago, Toastie said:

@I_Igor Oh no - I sure hope your dog is recovering well? Our dog had to undergo a similar thing - she is doing well again, after two weeks (she is 16 years old now - a refugee from Korfu). And I hope it was the kind of surgery that really gives hope, when it was "successfully" done!

[Covid-19 ... is in part mass hysteria. And in part a deadly disease. I just hope that mankind will "stay reasonable" and "reflective"; it is serious - but it is not the end of Live on Earth. Just because markets go crazy, just because numbers pop up as mushrooms everywhere does not mean it is "real". People are dying by the thousands each day, every minute all over this planet - due to wars, hunger, and crazy people in charge. And nobody notices that. Don't get me wrong: Covid-19 is serious. But so are so many other diseases (and much more so: situations) on this planet. As of >now<. The difference is (I believe): "It" has reached "us". "Us" as in: We were living in peace and freedom and now that. And then folks living in the "Garden of Eden" (US, EU, etc) buy ... forget it, I don't want to go any further. I am in trouble anyways I guess ...]

But I will press submit.

Again: All the best for you, your family, and your pets - I like to call family members as well.

Thorsten

My Bella had  closed type of pyometra and surgery on 22nd February, but now she is OK, still we have to make complete systematic test on her in about 2 months, to see if something else is wrong. 

About Covid-19, I have my own "idea" not theory; it started (interestingly) in Wuhan where is largest airport for goods transportation in China and hot-spot in Europe is in Italy; just two hints Marco Polo and Silk Road... about the rest you're completely right - it is kind of biological weapon, but no one care that every day 20.000 people die of hunger. My point is that there are to much horrible things happening that you can not ignore since media is making hysteria of everything.

For my wife and me as Roman Catholics we believe that  every life is precious and pets are also regular part of family. 

Thank you for your kind words Thorsten :classic:

@suffocation I hope that we did not "pollute" your topic.

14 hours ago, Parazels said:

The boom is not horizontal at its lowest position, is it?

the front end looks slightly lower, I think it should be this way. 

4 hours ago, n7zhang said:

No. He claims it's how it looks in real cranes, but I don't believe that.

In my opinion, the designer simply didn't calculate well a position of the boom and then didn't want to rebuild the superstructure.

3 hours ago, Parazels said:

In my opinion

Well, we're all waiting for your submission of the greatest mocs.
--
In the mean time @suffocation, don't mind the trolls, it's a beautyfull beast.
It's rough, it's ment as a machine that works in rough terrain and not a pampered friends set.

1 minute ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Well, we're all waiting for your submission of the greatest mocs.
--
In the mean time @suffocation, don't mind the trolls, it's a beautyfull beast.
It's rough, it's ment as a machine that works in rough terrain and not a pampered friends set.

The angle of the boom definitely doesn't look good. It should be horizontal or higher.

Now it hangs down like an elephant's trunk!

3 hours ago, Parazels said:

The angle of the boom definitely doesn't look good. It should be horizontal or higher.

Now it hangs down like an elephant's trunk!

s-l400.jpg

So does the boom on this Coles RTC.

On 3/9/2020 at 5:08 PM, Maaboo35 said:

Looks like a futuristic tank! :laugh:

Seriously though, this is great! It has all the functions you'd need in a real RTC and looks cool. :thumbup:

Ha ha, thanks! :laugh:

On 3/9/2020 at 9:02 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow what a huge telescopic arm! :wub:

There is always a cat with a great lego MOC :laugh:

Kitties rule! :wub:

On 3/9/2020 at 9:09 PM, I_Igor said:

Agree with @LEGO Train 12 Volts complete; cranes are not designed to win beauty contest, but are big bad and "ugly". I wish I had some time to build something in last 2 months :sad:

Do not worry about kitty, I have 2 new and my terrier is recovering from nasty surgery so it is the most important that kitty is fine :sweet:

I wish you have no trouble with covid-19 or how is it called.

Regards

Thank you, my friend :blush: We're all under lockdown here but at least I can work from home and don't have to put up with the hassle of commuting.

Best wishes to you and to all the furry friends :wub:

On 3/9/2020 at 9:54 PM, Toastie said:

Huh?

What is clumsy here? This is brilliant. And mish-mash is what LEGO is all about!!! What else?

Very nice monster. And very cool functions.

[Cats ... we have two - a Queen and a King, they are siblings. And of the very proud "we are the top of the evolution" type. Got them because they were found in the trash - during the yearly public cleanup season - and nobody said: Yes, of course they can stay in the cardboard box for a couple of hours ... then my two girls (now 23 and 24 years old) saw them in the box - and later in the evening I saw them. About 4 weeks old, 10 cm long, deep blue eyes back then. What was it ... a tenth of a second? My wife said: And I will have to feed them ... we were maybe talking a couple of minutes. And now they are (apparently) not impressed by anything anymore. They are terrorizing the neighborhood, killing mice and some birds ... top of the evolution! BUT: Today was vaccination day. Phew. All that glory gone ... he just couldn't hold his ... whatever. It puts things into perspective though ... :head_back:]

Congratulations on your achievement!

Best
Thorsten

Thanks! :blush: Everything I build looks pretty clumsy but it's fun and my nephews enjoy it, so it's all good.

11 hours ago, n7zhang said:

Indeed. Before lockdown, I used to drive past Manitowoc's Italian headquarters just outside Milan every week and saw a couple of RTCs first-hand. In my model, though, it was a lucky accident - the boom was meant to lean parallel to the ground because I was worried the actuators wouldn't be able to lift it otherwise, but I didn't account for the weight of the boom actually causing it to sag just beyond parallel. Luckily, it works fine all the same and my design screw-up actually ended up adding a dash of realism to the model, though through no merit of mine :roflmao:

3 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

it's a beautyfull beast.

Thank you! :blush:

Edited by suffocation

@suffocation thank you for all kindness, I really hope that that Covid-19 situation ends in Italy asap. Furry friend that is recovering is this one on my account photo and new furry friend image I can eMail you today (if my brother Alzheimer does not pay a visit :laugh:). I really like cranes that you build and even most of that I like the way you present your self as someone who is able to make imperfect design and accept every comment - that shows a real personality. I wish I could find some time to work on my project, since I have new motivation thanks to @jorgeopesi's minimalist approach, and you could end up a guilty one if I find a time in future to make one 4 axle crane based on Unimog tires (in 1:15 scale as my other MOCs) which is crossing my mind for longer period of time...

Kind regards my friend 

Brilliant this! Those outriggers might be my favourites. Its not 'pretty' but its a very handsome beast! And thats exactly what a crane should be. Really like this!

(i've had flu-like symptoms for 5 days.. very rough on the first day or so, improving now though... no idea if its just normal seasonal flu or covid-19. Average age of fatalities in italy is 81... if you have no under lying health conditions, and aren't elderly, chances are you'll be fine... i'm self isolating just in case)

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

Brilliant this! Those outriggers might be my favourites.

But can these outriggers lift the crane?

Or they are fake ones?

I don't crave perfection, or criticise the lack of it.. i love the geometery of the outriggers. If its not perfect, then great, there's more fun to be had tweaking and making a V2.0 - its a great moc in my eyes.

4 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

I don't crave perfection, or criticise the lack of it.. i love the geometery of the outriggers. If its not perfect, then great, there's more fun to be had tweaking and making a V2.0 - its a great moc in my eyes.

The bigger your MOC is - the more space you get.

And it's unforgivable to waste the space on fake outriggers when it's possible to build real ones! ???

Edited by Parazels

Strong words! :roflmao:

Be kinder..:thumbup::classic: I've never built the perfect moc, i've never seen the perfect moc.. perhaps if someone suggested an improved outrigger the OP would welcome the input! :classic:

there is also one more for Bigger MOC => Bigger MOC = bigger responsibility :laugh: 

@TeamThrifty glad to here that you are better :thumbup:

Just now, I_Igor said:

there is also one more for Bigger MOC => Bigger MOC = bigger responsibility :laugh: 

Exactly!

Just now, Parazels said:

Exactly!

that is why I'm constantly postponing development of my crane MOC with Unimog tires