Any experiences with recently bought Sians here? From what ive heard lego has publicly acknowledged the colour issues, and fixes are supposed to be implemented, which should at last fix panel colour consistency

If they manage to fix the panel/beam colour issues, i might be able to see past the pinhole w/axle thing and seriously consider getting one

6 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

Any experiences with recently bought Sians here? From what ive heard lego has publicly acknowledged the colour issues, and fixes are supposed to be implemented, which should at last fix panel colour consistency

If they manage to fix the panel/beam colour issues, i might be able to see past the pinhole w/axle thing and seriously consider getting one

I bought one last month. The color inconsistency between liftarms and most panels have been resolved. However, thses parts still have a slightly different shade of green:

- Pin hole with axle
- Flex axle
- Panel 5x11 #17 and #18
- Shell panel 3x11 with 2 holes (on doors)

On 10/8/2020 at 12:15 PM, vectormatic said:

From what ive heard lego has publicly acknowledged the colour issues,

Just finished watching those lego sian videocasts. It was "funny" to hear from Lambroghini designer about maintainig color consistency etc.

And then, I didn't found in this topic, have someone noticed on prototype model one unic panel, which didn't wen't in to production?

sian_panel.png

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

And then, I didn't found in this topic, have someone noticed on prototype model one unic panel, which didn't wen't in to production?

Yeah it seems it's too similar to the normal curved Technic panel

Hi all, just finished building the Sian FKP37. Unfortunately I have noticed something isn't working correctly. When rolling the car, the rear tyres are moving different (e.g. forwards) than the front tyres (e.g. backwards) do. This makes it impossible to drive with the car. Probably I have constructed something wrong (differential perhaps), but I don't know how to easily solve this problem?
Anybody any thoughts on this issue (what to do and how best to resolve)?

Thanks in advance for your reply!!

6 minutes ago, Reina92 said:

differential perhaps

differential for sure...
You reversed one of them.

Oh well, you liked to build it, you may do it again now:laugh:
Condiser it double fun.

Hello, guys.

Here to share my full RC Lamborghini Sian made by the original set and the motors plus one BuWizz.

The gear ratio is 1:1.56

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=690320408198178

Remote control the doors and the spoiler test video
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1479982322202274

Light kit video
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3162652330489486

4WD test video
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1102711356792423

Edited by WW Bricks Studio

Hello guys, do we have any update if the lime pieces have been corrected by Lego itself for the set sold directly from Lego.com?

If yes, which date these issues have been overcomed so we know if we buy the set from Amazon or eBay?

1 hour ago, vded said:

Hello guys, do we have any update if the lime pieces have been corrected by Lego itself for the set sold directly from Lego.com?

If yes, which date these issues have been overcomed so we know if we buy the set from Amazon or eBay? 

Read @Ngoc Nguyen s post a from october 8th, apparently recent sets are better, but still not flawless (which imho, isnt to be expected)

2 hours ago, vded said:

This is a great question and nobody should refrain from feedback at all about this here, all is appreciated whenever.  Anyone else so far have an observation they could share ?

I bought mine from my local toy shop, where it had to be ordered first. I guess, it was end of September 20. The colour of the said "Pin with Pinhole" in lime is better than what the first reviews showed, but the hole lime green coloured parts have very different shades. Even the liftarms are slightly different coloured. It's the same in 42105 (catamaran).

The blue pieces in 42112 (concrete mixer) are also slightly inconsistent, and the reds in 42107 (ducati) too.

Currently building my Sian, and I find that also the black 2L liftarms are inconsistent in color: some are matte, some are shiny. The variation occurs even within the same plastic bag. I compared those in my existing inventory, but they all seem shiny. 

85x85p.jpg

Guys, please report to Lego every colour inconsistency and demand replacement - maybe they will learn to invest more in quality.

As for the Pin hole with axle from Ducati, I did get a normal red replacement after two emails (at first they were claiming, that it is ok to have 3 red and 5 dark red). So everything is fine.

Did any of you who bought Sian requested a replacement from Lego for any of the parts? What was the answer?

22 minutes ago, blondasek said:

Guys, please report to Lego every colour inconsistency and demand replacement - maybe they will learn to invest more in quality.

As for the Pin hole with axle from Ducati, I did get a normal red replacement after two emails (at first they were claiming, that it is ok to have 3 red and 5 dark red). So everything is fine.

Did any of you who bought Sian requested a replacement from Lego for any of the parts? What was the answer?

Considering all Sians suffer from this to some extent, i doubt lego will want to acknowledge this as a valid reason for replacement parts

Another problem would be that given the various colour inconsistencies, there is no guarantee that a replacement part will match your build better then the original part you got, even if the new part 100% matches the colour spec lego set out to worj with, if your surrounding parts are off a little too, it might still cause a visible discrepancy.

At this point i think this is an "accept it for what it is" type deal, either you are fine paying this price for the Sian as it is, colour problems and all, or you are not and your options are waiting for a fix that might never happen, or be OK with not getting a Sian at all.

Given that earlier sets with lime green also showed some variation in parts colour before the Covid business happened, i wouldnt expect a 100% perfect set either way

3 hours ago, blondasek said:

I think it might be an issue of the pieces manufactured in different factories at different times, maybe even different moulds and materials... Having said that I worked in QA for quite a while and we had a calibrated chamber with a variety of lightning sources so we could check for such color inconsistencies and such massive variations wouldn't pass.

On 11/2/2020 at 4:58 PM, Zerobricks said:

I think it might be an issue of the pieces manufactured in different factories at different times, maybe even different moulds and materials... Having said that I worked in QA for quite a while and we had a calibrated chamber with a variety of lightning sources so we could check for such color inconsistencies and such massive variations wouldn't pass.

With the right measurement equipment it really shouldn't be too difficult to measure (and then control) the color of parts nearly perfectly. In the company I work for we control the color of white within a ΔE of 0.2, which the calibrated equipment can detect without any issue but really is about the limit of what even a trained observer can distinguish under the most optimum lighting conditions.

When I look at my Sian I can easily see that certain types of parts are more yellowish than others (even under the uncontrolled lighting conditions in my house). That type of deviation can relatively easily be prevented. If I remember well, I once saw a documentary of one of the TLG moulding plants where each color had it's own silo for storage of the plastic granulate and those were delivered ready to use from the blending plant (not part of TLG; external company). Those blending companies can control the color of the granulate they prepare very accurately (at a price of course; the tighter you put the specification, the more measuring and adjusting they have to do and you pay for that). The only thing you then have to do is make sure you don't f**k it up by contaminating the granulate with some other color or overheating it (which could change the color).

There is also no excuse for having visible color differences in granulates coming from different blending companies. As long as you make sure that all of them use exactly the same measurement equipment and calibration standards they can prepare the same color, within the margins of what any human can distinguish. And TLG is a big enough customer for those companies so that TLG can dictate how the measurements need to be performed.

The only exception is when different materials are used for certain parts. For example the flexible axles are made of some rubbery material i.s.o. ABS. As a result of that difference the color of the pigment/dye that is used can actually change (shift to either the blue-violet or the red side of the spectrum). Whether or not such effects take place depends on the interaction between the pigment/dye and the plastic. In principle it is then possible to mostly correct for that by mixing in small amounts of other pigments/dyes, however it is possible that it just isn't possible to correct it completely for 100 %, especially if the color shift is large.

On 5/17/2020 at 9:54 PM, allanp said:

I see the insides of machines and service/repair them most days of the week as part of my job. They are not multicoloured.

Having said that you can still fully colour code something without resorting to bright, ugly and garish colours like the Chiron or 42082. 

As for the age on the box being 18+, I do think it's cool for Lego to want to make these sets accessible to younger builders, I just think that you can go too far with the kiddie colours in such a premium set.

They always go nuts on multi colours for technic sets. I assume the theory is that the more colours a builder has, the better. I don't think it's done "for kids" however I must admit i'd probably prefer 90% of my lego was grey or white lol

So given the pieces are internal and not normally seen, they make them all sorts of colours so you CAN colour coordinate on your MOCs as you have a higher chance of some random piece in some random colour in the future...

@Ngoc Nguyen do you still have that never Sian? Are you able to make pictures to see the real differences?

Anyone bought recently Sian and sees a difference as well?

Also, does anyone contacted Lego for a parts replacement and get any reply?

I bought the Sian recently and the colour difference on some bricks is really striking. It is in particular visible on the front:

800x600.jpg

I contacted Lego because one brick was missing, but I have not contacted them because of the colour differences. 

Wow, that is pretty bad. I would absolutely contact them and tell them about it. For $350+ this is unacceptable. 

I am hesitant to purchase this set because of the color differences, and LEGO is seemingly okay with leaving it as is. They have denied others requests for replacement parts from what I hear.

8 hours ago, therealjustin said:

Wow, that is pretty bad. I would absolutely contact them and tell them about it. For $350+ this is unacceptable.  

I am hesitant to purchase this set because of the color differences, and LEGO is seemingly okay with leaving it as is. They have denied others requests for replacement parts from what I hear. 

yeah, every time i think "well, cant be that bad anymore, and it would look nice next to the GT3RS and Chiron", i see one of these pics and i nope the brick out....

I dont think the color issue will be fixed anytime soon. It seems like LEGO just cant get the colors right anymore since they started doing the plastic coloring process themselves, and for some colors it is worse than for others. The inconsistency showed on the new 2021 sets in this shade of green as well (30465 Helicopter).

10 hours ago, therealjustin said:

They have denied others requests for replacement parts from what I hear.

I dont think they have any other choice, they dont have the bricks in the right colors. Even if they were to ship out new bricks they can't match the green because the color is inconsistent even in the same type of brick. 

It would be fun to see if the chinese clones have better color consitency or if they copied this massive flaw as well :laugh: 

From what i understand corona threw a spanner in the works and they faced the choice of either not having sufficient amounts of lime green bricks (and thus having a super rare lambo), or lowering the colour consistency regulations to put the set out there.

That said, lime green was an issue long before, just not as bad, and other colours have been inconsistent too (white for instance)

I do like the look of that helicopter polybag by the way, i might see if i can build it out of spares, and will pick one up if i ever come across one.