34 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Because they would have to make yet another new wheel hub, even though they just made the Brake disc one for the Chiron. Even I think that would be unnecessary, the normal Wheel hubs work perfectly fine for manual models.

There will never be a official motorized 1:8 car, so the wheel hub you talk about will never exist.

I wouldn't say never. The larger CVs allow for greater steering angles, and it would be better and cheaper to be able to use one part for both motorised and non motorised applications. And the gearing on the new diff is fine for non motorised applications also. So we could get to a point where the drive line is built well enough to allow us to just whack a motor onto the engine and boom, it's motorised! 

18 minutes ago, Dylan M said:

MAybe the 1:8 scale Racing Car (license) don't have HOG steering! Like the old 3 F1 Racer?

Perhaps the licensor didn't want HOG. We may never know without access to the licensing agreement if LEGO was hog-tied by it. :pir-classic:

I don’t think a HOG is compatible with this series especially with the new 18+ tag.

if you look at the series so far it’s about the building experience to create a large display model. The build is even done to create the model with key stages (joining the engine to the cabin on the Chiron).

so I don’t think a HOG fits with this theme as it’s not meant to be “playable” it’s meant to be “representative” and if they did try to squeeze a removable HOG in I think you’d have to compromise somewhere to get it in.

8 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Perhaps the licensor didn't want HOG. We may never know without access to the licensing agreement if LEGO was hog-tied by it. :pir-classic:

I bet the dudes at VW in charge of licensing dont even know what a HoG is, and I dont blame them. There is no need for them to know.

Just to clarify, I meant HOG as in the cabin steering wheel like on  42056 and 42083 but a real dial on the outside that is removable like on the land rover would be cool but then people would also want a dial for shifting etc etc, which the pimp my bugatti has (it has a dial for steering, shifting, gear indicator, spoiler)

Edited by SNIPE

8 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Just to clarify, I meant HOG as in the cabin steering wheel like on  42056 and 42083 but a real dial on the outside that is removable like on the land rover would be cool but then people would also want a dial for shifting etc etc, which the pimp my bugatti has (it has a dial for steering, shifting, gear indicator, spoiler)

HoG is definatelly needed. The shifting in the cabin is fine imo (if it works), but no sh*t would I want a dial for the spoiler... But that "Speed key" ist the dumbest idea in existance. It wasn't even a good idea on the real car to begin with.

Just to clarify the clarification: steering wheel is steering wheel, once the control is displaced f.e. outside of the body, it is the HoG. Hand of God. It refers to, that the control is beyond it's supposed location. Usually it is the black gear or wheel (42082) in case of Technic. :wink:

Edited by agrof

Im really curious on how they made the back of the car. I saw the chinese one but that back-end was just ugly. 

Oh, I like it but that Pearl Green, I have a nasty feeling it's going to be Lime and it's just the lighting of the box art......Surely they have not made a special colour for just this set.

Obviously the biggest difference in functionality over the Porsche and Bugatti is the way the doors open. 

So at least that's one point of difference to look forward to. I'll be interested to see how they achieve this given the emphasis on the visuals 

okay, so we've all deduced, i guess, that this (single) photo is authentic.  however,  why would leaker stop at one photo? and of the bottom of box. if im a leaker, i start posting more content.  perhaps through fake accounts, but do it nonetheless. i happen to believe others think the same.  why havent we seen more content?

1 minute ago, nerdsforprez said:

okay, so we've all deduced, i guess, that this (single) photo is authentic.  however,  why would leaker stop at one photo? and of the bottom of box. if im a leaker, i start posting more content.  perhaps through fake accounts, but do it nonetheless. i happen to believe others think the same.  why havent we seen more content?

Hmm, maybe the leaker in question only had one unguarded moment for a quick shot? Maybe the rest of the box isnt all that interesting?

The leaker probably also doesn't know what else we'd want to see, like the parts list. It might also be that this is one that's going to go on the shelf so doesn't want to open it.

As it was described, the source was a czech  advertisement site. I guess one just wanted to sell it after getting it via uncertain conditions (khm... Lego factory... khm), and probably it is already gone, just like the ad. I would not be surprised, if the seller would be tracked down by now, and looking currently forward to a new job... So, I doubt it was the leaking the main motivation.

Edited by agrof
added source

Another question is, why this leaked image is allowed in this forum? In 2018, members were banned by posting a leaked image inside the Bugatti thread.

2 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

Another question is, why this leaked image is allowed in this forum? In 2018, members were banned by posting a leaked image inside the Bugatti thread.

I don't think it's ok.

And I haven't seen Jim in the thread since the image came up.

Technically it is not a regular leak with the CONFIDENTIAL LEGO watermark on it - which is not permitted to be shared here. It is the same situation as with the 42111, some shops put it accidentally on shelf, and lucky people could buy it before release. Only the circumstances are a bit different, but let this be the worry of that one, who put out the advert.

BTW, though I understand, I hate the absence of official leaks - which could generate tasty chit-chat here in the forum. Bread and circus for the masses!

Edited by agrof

My understanding is that it's ok due to there being no confidential stamp on it.

My guess for the design of the box is that the lid will be the bottom face this time. So what we're seeing is the actual front face of the box. But we need to flip it around to lift the lid-back face.

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

I'm new to the forum and not familiar with the rules regarding leaks and things like that, but wouldn't not allowing leaked images on a discussion forum about Lego be like a sports discussion forum not allowing its members to share leaked information about a player signing a contract with a new team - only official announcements by the player's agent or the team spokesperson?

Unless this forum is affiliated with Lego and it's part of Lego's official PR efforts. In that case it would make sense to have rules against posting anything not approved by Lego's marketing department.

Edit: Anyways back to the topic. I don't think it makes sense for Lego to motorize such a huge/heavy car. I'm really only interested in remote control for sets that do interesting things, like the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. There are plenty of remote controlled toy cars out there and I don't think that's Lego's niche - nor should it be. I don't want to pay more for motorized functions unless the model does something a lot more interesting than what a car can do.

Edited by boat2903

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Because there's no such thing as a LEAK Image/photo 

only a business strategy...

1 minute ago, Dylan M said:

only a business strategy...

:roflmao: I think you are correct!! I've often suspected some 'leaks' are designed to raise the hype!! :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, boat2903 said:

I'm new to the forum and not familiar with the rules regarding leaks and things like that...

See menu on the top, but I link here too: Guidelines FAQ

Just now, agrof said:

See menu on the top, but I link here too: Guidelines FAQ

Oh, I know where the general rules are that I need to be aware of. I just didn't look into the rules specifically about leaks, because I'm never going to post any anyways.

2 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Because the intention of the "leaker" was most probably not to leak a photo, he/she wanted to simply sell the set on the auction site. I'm not even sure the person was aware of the fact that box was not seen by anyone outside the factory.