1 minute ago, Technicallism said:

Temporary stop discussing about the color first as still unsure due to lighting, but I have the number of parts info which is confirmed.

3696 pieces

And 380 Euros according to Promobricks

The bigger the hype the bigger the disappointment. And i have a feeling it will be much less than what people expect.

Add in the amount of stud pieces MK used in their 3868 piece model (3868-3696=172) to make up for missing panels, and we may have ourselves a copy

Just now, AndroTech said:

So, is this passenger front wheel ?

lambo01.jpg

Correct !

5 minutes ago, D4Man said:

Add in the amount of stud pieces MK used in their 3868 piece model (3868-3696=172) to make up for missing panels, and we may have ourselves a copy

Most of 1:8 model's are around 3500pcs so it's say's nothing. And also you ignoring the wheels archs which are clearly difference

Just now, aniking said:

Most of 1:8 model's are around 3500pcs so it's say's nothing. And also you ignoring the wheels archs which are clearly difference

Not trying to challenge anything, just looking for speculation that could lead this topic to more information, as that is what this is for. Obviously I support lego over MK.

18 minutes ago, D4Man said:

Anyone else think the wheel arches look slightly different than the usual Porsche ones? The interior of it seems to jut in further, as well theres a very visible crease on the outside. Definitely similar to the already available panel but I have yet to take out the idea of a new design.

And I do think theres a difference that can't be ruled out.

15 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

380 euro? ahhh!!! usually im defending the price, but for these cars it just keeps rising, rising....

It gets hard to defend the pricing when you see the MK costs well under half, that's over 200€ back in your pocket.

For that it has the same piece count, plus a Bluetooth battery box with physical remote, 2* XL motors, 1* L motor and a (admittedly only 3 position) servo.

Those licensed rims are very nice, but they're not 200€ nice.

24 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

380 euro? ahhh!!! usually im defending the price, but for these cars it just keeps rising, rising....

It’s in line with the Chiron, €10 more for 97 pieces. It’s still a lot of money though...

strange to see a black flex at the bottom of the body (starting under from black panel).  

Edited by Toitoine

Just now, amorti said:

It gets hard to defend the pricing when you see the MK costs well under half, that's over 200€ back in your pocket.

For that it has the same piece count, plus a Bluetooth battery box with physical remote, 2* XL motors, 1* L motor and a (admittedly only 3 position) servo.

Those licensed rims are very nice, but they're not 200€ nice.

I think MK making an original competitor model instead of stealing LEGOs design is a step in the right direction. Now they only have to pay the MOCers, and everything is  nice :grin:

16 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I think MK making an original competitor model instead of stealing LEGOs design is a step in the right direction. Now they only have to pay the MOCers, and everything is  nice :grin:

I think they going i the steps of cada. They want to be a competitor in this market

I haven't seen anything that makes me think MK has created their own model. I think they either got a blueprint of an early TLG study model or they have info about loose parts and panels (including new ones) and filled in the missing gaps themselves with some system greebling. I personally don't believe MK went the legal way all of a sudden with a model this size to start it... just my opinion.

So it’ll be a busy day watching the internet on Thursday.

Shame I’ve already got people to buy me the A-Wing and SW Helmet collection for my birthday this year. Oh well it’ll just have to be a present to myself. :wink:

As I see it, it uses the same mould for the mudguard as we already got in previous sets (pitty) and the brake calipers are also build the same way as in the Chiron...

I do really hope for a new round wheel arch piece. The old piece just doesn't fit. If it uses the old piece, the curve will probably be recreated with either a flex axle or a curved 3x13 panel. Neither of that captures well the curve in the real car.

4 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Like was done with medium blue, medium azure and dark azure in 2017? :tongue:

I was actually thinking about that when I typed my response :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Jim said:

I was actually thinking about that when I typed my response :laugh:

Don't forget Dark Purple which was used in only 2 Technic sets... It would be perfect for the Porsche IMO.

2 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

I haven't seen anything that makes me think MK has created their own model. I think they either got a blueprint of an early TLG study model or they have info about loose parts and panels (including new ones) and filled in the missing gaps themselves with some system greebling. I personally don't believe MK went the legal way all of a sudden with a model this size to start it... just my opinion.

I guess we'll have an idea in a few weeks, but I don't see why they couldn't try something new. It's a fairly small investment from their side, and they can practically use for free the hype TLG generated and presell their stuff like crazy before the official set arrives. The link to their shop is still the stable no.1 when you search for "LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sian".

1 minute ago, kbalage said:

I guess we'll have an idea in a few weeks, but I don't see why they couldn't try something new. It's a fairly small investment from their side, and they can practically use for free the hype TLG generated and presell their stuff like crazy before the official set arrives. The link to their shop is still the stable no.1 when you search for "LEGO Technic Lamborghini Sian".

I think MK/L***n/WhateverGroup would be very capable of trying 'something new', I just don't have hopes on them doing it...

And I definately think that MK is riding the hype built up by TLG and Lambo, without a doubt. I just don't think they do it with a design of their own. I would not be surprised to see the MK models appearance change after TLG's official release. And I actually also do not think that there currently is any 'internals' (gearbox, suspension, drivetrain etc.) in that MK 3D mock-up drawing. Nor do I think that anything is in production yet from their end, 'cause they don't know what to produce until after TLG's release...

But I definately wouldn't mind to be proven wrong in the end and to see that MK is changing it's ways into a legal competition, it would certainly be an interesting thing to see TLG's response to such an open and direct market attack...

Anyway... we're drifting off topic a little here. Let's stick to TLG Lambo model info discussion and speculation...