Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

For some reason, I read fruit-vines.

If it is a wine monopoly bonus, and you are building something that produces a different wine, that could work.

If it's apple cider, I think you'll be infringing on a MAESTRO monopoly,  but a cherry wine or similar concept could probably work.

Hi! I’m looking forward to seeing your orchard and I think it can be built in association with the “real” vineyard. However, I think in the licensing form we have a specific class for builds about fermented and distilled beverages different from wine, rum, beer (not sure about it) and cider, so out of the RNTC monopoly. My rice wine factory, for instance, fell in that category.

3 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Under fruit-wines falls basically everything that isn't a wine made of grapes. And wine in and of itself isn't just grapes either. Especially since wine itself is basically as old as civilisation, and fruits were mostly used in places where there didn't have grapes, for example if the climate didn't allow for it. Although I do understand the confusion since in the modern day people tend to associate wine only with grapes. 
Only reason I personally know about them is because I dislike the taste of "normal" wines in real life, but tend to enjoy fruit wines, since they tend to be A LOT sweeter and I enjoy the fruit-like taste ^^. 

In short, it's literally just wine but made from anything that isn't the standard grape. I would suggest giving this page a read, whilst trying out a bottle of fruit-wine yourself ;). https://cherrywine.com/learn-about/fruit-wines/ 

But anyways, if that's the case, I'll happily replace all the trees with grapes. Just wanted to make the thing look a bit more varried rather than just rows of grapes :P.

When you said "Fruit-wine" I figured you meant sangria, but this whole new (to me) idea of fruit wine seems cool.

Anybody has some ideas/examples for building whales in a large-ish scale? I am working on a whaler and would like to have a large whale to go along, specifically a sperm whale, although I can draw inspiration from other species mocs too :pir-classic:

14 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Anybody has some ideas/examples for building whales in a large-ish scale? I am working on a whaler and would like to have a large whale to go along, specifically a sperm whale, although I can draw inspiration from other species mocs too :pir-classic:

Check these out:

1000x800.jpg?1617805605.2671776

From this link: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-52256/bricksmartworkshop/whales-31088-2-to-1-plus/#details

Here is another from Brothers Brick: 

白鯨 010

Edited by evancelt

Someone did a moc a while back for an AMRCA where they landed on a whale that they thought was an island. I think it was more comical than scientifically-accurate, but it was pretty funny. 

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Someone did a moc a while back for an AMRCA where they landed on a whale that they thought was an island. I think it was more comical than scientifically-accurate, but it was pretty funny. 

Yes, it was @Darnok’s AMRCA!

10 hours ago, evancelt said:

Check these out:

I found the same examples, and maybe I will regret this, but I was thinking of a slightly larger scale, so it could more or less fit with a vessel of class 4 or so.

6 hours ago, Bregir said:

I found the same examples, and maybe I will regret this, but I was thinking of a slightly larger scale, so it could more or less fit with a vessel of class 4 or so.

This might be big enough for a boat to rest upon?

whale island

4 minutes ago, evancelt said:

This

Interesting - I did just start with a few tablescraps yesterday with snotted plates for sides. Thanks!

A little update: Now there is some live prey for the whalers (still need the spout of water from the blowhole)

51127865646_39a7007ffc.jpg

She is coming alone quite nicely. Once she's done I intend to license her as a class 8, I think. This because of her size and capabilities. 
The ship is about 80cm long on the waterline. Which is 10 large hull-pieces plus a bow piece. A class 7 would be 6 hull sections, but I feel that with 10 I'm well above that :innocent:.

Anyhow, I'm starting ordering parts for the brick-built cannons next week and start designing the masts properly too.
44 guns total, 30x 24 pounder long gun on the gun deck, 14x 18 pounder long gun on the top deck, 2 of which are stern-chasers. The 18 pounders can be switched around for 32 pounder carronades if needed for the task! 

I hope to have her done by the end of may! Able to set sail and hunt for
those mystical artifacts! ^^

51133670073_b9b13b8a0f_b.jpg
L'Aurelie, finished hull

Edited by Thomas Waagenaar

On 4/20/2021 at 2:27 PM, Bregir said:

A little update: Now there is some live prey for the whalers (still need the spout of water from the blowhole)

51127865646_39a7007ffc.jpg

Very good! This has me looking forward to the final scene!

Responding to @Ross Fisher saying, "somebody get this man some bricks!" With a few real world updates:

1. No sign of my bricks, bed, most of my clothes, etc yet. Hopefully all on a boat on the ocean and not hijacked by pirates.

2. I do have a new home though... and it is 5 minutes (exactly, not "oh about 5 minutes") from a "Bricks and Minifigs" where today I bought all 5 pieces of the white Friends ship hull. So, a new keel has been laid in the yard..... awaiting materials.

3. Medieval Blacksmith was back in stock, so thats on the way!

Edited by CapOnBOBS

9 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Fellow BOBSers, we have been beaten! Argh!

We do have many colours covered by the player factions and the NPC nations... Or just blue, red, green and black for the player nations? :pir-grin:

6 hours ago, Bregir said:

We do have many colours covered by the player factions and the NPC nations... Or just blue, red, green and black for the player nations? :pir-grin:

Hm, good question... AI factions colours would be nice too. Else... let's make the main factions coloured lines thicker? :pir-grin:

Excellent whale tail by the way @Bregir!

Edited by blackdeathgr

8 hours ago, Bregir said:

Account for TCs and religious institutions, and we'd have plenty.

There's a new Brethren of the Brick Seas instagram account. Is it official? Because it just tagged me in a build I definitely did not do.

9 hours ago, KotZ said:

There's a new Brethren of the Brick Seas instagram account. Is it official? Because it just tagged me in a build I definitely did not do.

I'd imagine it would be announced then if it were official?

Anyhow, I tried looking for it but I couldn't find it whatsoever

Edit: this person now found me, I guess...?

Edited by Thomas Waagenaar

10 hours ago, KotZ said:

I got tagged in that post too. It credited @Kai NRG correctly though! By tagging us maybe they were just trying to get our attention so we like the post? Udo.king does that for me pretty often