On behalf of many: huge Thank You Attika! :sweet:

I am amazed by the bedcover, holy beans, did not expect such a dynamic one!

1 hour ago, Attika said:

I think I've noticed the same, but it is more of a "stickyness". It is a sort of friction building up between the two parts particularly at the compressed state. Can be called that lack of smoothness.

I think that describes it best. :classic:

1 hour ago, Attika said:

I had it on both kind and I have both kind without the problem. I gave it a good wash as in the years it is unavoidable to buld up some dust sedimentation, that helped a lot. Me personally applied some minuscule amount of silicone grease too on the inner rod. All good as gold now. Probably you're right, the black seems to be less rigid than the gray counterpart btw.

Thanks for the hints, I'll give that a try. When I received them, I didn't take the black shocks apart, as I assumed there wouldn't be dust inside of them, so just used a paintbrush to de-dust the accessible parts. I now took them apart using the method described in:

...and indeed the black ones are full of dust. Time for a bath... :wink:

Thank you for sharing the file - it will be a great learning experience! Great renders as well!

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Lovely build!

On 9/28/2019 at 1:09 PM, Attika said:

I'll bring it in for you:

20190928_121840.png

Reaction: It is entirely irrelevant for a geometrical problem that occurs in my setup, not to mention it doesn't apply on the given width of the axle. For the future, upload the pics with original resolution. Bricksafe will reduce it to be suitable for this site.

Geometrical anomalies as it is, usually get solved by great thinkers like @Didumos69 :classic:. Need your help here, Lord of Triangles! :yoda:

I tinkered with this a little, but I don't see a simple solution. Triangles in Technic work best if you stick to the Pythagorean triples, which is not the case here. I did find an alternative setup though that does not require the old 6.5L suspension arm:

Edited by Didumos69

On 10/8/2019 at 9:35 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

Thank you for sharing the file - it will be a great learning experience! Great renders as well!

It is an overstatement, but you're very welcome. :classic: Forgot to mention that the file "hopefully kept the instruction settings too, so clicking on it in the sudio should provide you (and indeed anyone) an exportable BI.

On 10/13/2019 at 9:07 PM, Teo LEGO Technic said:

Love it!! :wink:

:thumbup::sweet:

On 10/8/2019 at 7:53 PM, johnnym said:

Time for a bath...

How are your shocks doing so far?

9 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Lovely build!

I tinkered with this a little, but I don't see a simple solution. Triangles in Technic work best if you stick to the Pythagorean triples, which is not the case here. 

Thank you, also for coming back on my invitation regarding the anomaly. :thumbup: If it was an easy problem, I wouldn't summon you. :grin:  I keep my beheaded axles then. 

9 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I did find an alternative setup though that does not require the old 6.5L suspension arm:

I'm a bit lost on this part. 

What 's wrong with the old suspension arm? :look:

Your solution geometrically a perfect counterpart, however to recreate the overall rigidity of the axle with this solution, would require even more parts... Wait a minute! Even more parts? That must be my friend, Diederik! :grin:

I'm kidding. :sweet: I guess the bottleneck on the concept remains to be that 1/4 stud for now. 

1 hour ago, Attika said:

What 's wrong with the old suspension arm?

I thought that old suspension arm would be rare. When it comes to cleanness and simplicity, I would also stick to your original setup.

1 hour ago, Attika said:

Wait a minute! Even more parts? That must be my friend, Diederik! :grin:

Haha, but I'm slowly improving. My latest buggy is only 831 parts :wink:

47 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Haha, but I'm slowly improving. My latest buggy is only 831 parts :wink:

" I ended up using 828 of the 958 parts."  

Let's not be hasty, she's growing by the day.:sweet:

But who am I to judge? This pickup has 2000 parts. Well over my comfort zone. :wink: 

5 minutes ago, Attika said:

Let's not be hasty, she's growing by the day.:sweet:

You mean 'they are growing' :classic:. In numbers that is.

960x540.jpg

Sorry for off-topic picture :wink:

Just now, Didumos69 said:

Sorry for off-topic picture :wink:

:grin: It was a subtopic to keep it in the green zone. 

On 10/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, Attika said:

How are your shocks doing so far?

Even cleaned, I have a feeling that the black ones are still not as well working as the old gray ones - even when using the spring from a gray one. I think they also have more slack than the gray ones. And one of the two I have doesn't work as good as the other - maybe I damaged something when taking them apart, I don't know. But still they're working better now than when they were dusty, so a success. Thanks for the advice. :classic:

Good afternoon. Tell me what tires are used off-road in this video, and if possible, a link to the store

On 10/26/2019 at 4:43 AM, Attika said:

:grin: It was a subtopic to keep it in the green zone. 

Sorry, that's not the point. Tell me what tires are used off-road in the first video (https://youtu.be/A4H_lEkPgTA), and if possible a link to the store

6 minutes ago, suPReme12FTr said:

Good afternoon. Tell me what tires are used off-road in this video, and if possible, a link to the store

It's the cheapest available on ebay. Here is a link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PC-96mm-Tyre-RC-1-10-Off-Road-Climbing-Car-Beach-Rock-Crawler-Tires-Wheels-Rim/233343043002?hash=item36545445ba:g:kngAAOSwWkFcj0Nl

I suppose you should check out the relevant videos from @rm8 as he has probably sources with easier accessibility, even maybe local in Russia.

48 minutes ago, Attika said:

It's the cheapest available on ebay. Here is a link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PC-96mm-Tyre-RC-1-10-Off-Road-Climbing-Car-Beach-Rock-Crawler-Tires-Wheels-Rim/233343043002?hash=item36545445ba:g:kngAAOSwWkFcj0Nl

I suppose you should check out the relevant videos from @rm8 as he has probably sources with easier accessibility, even maybe local in Russia.

Ok, thank you