I already wrote here, the maximum value of the angles for the set 42099.

Ranges are smaller than is asked of them here in the thread.

@TeamThrifty This thread is about CV joints that can be damage easily and is that the facts, not about any  conspiracy and do you know you what is the definition of the word  conspiracy??  please look it up..its about any being harmful or unlawful..  please keep the drama to yourself..  TLG had invested into sugarcane products since 2012 (fact) and since 2018 , and Lego determination into using plant based would benefit our planet earth from pollutions ..(fact ) how the heck is that a conspiracy and maybe shows you don't even know the proper use of the word.. im not going to teach english on this thread .. what i have shared is only to help the topic and to find reason why would TLG push out this product when even their own users have demanded and stress on having a better product.. that is the fact.... someone else mention that if you can return the item for a replacement and that I would like to see if that happens.. jezzz some people.. To be accused of braking the law is an insult to me or to anyone else !!

Edited by sirslayer

I do not like this tread anymore. It is hostile. Jim, can you please close it.

I know this is a critical subject, but ya'll need to chill. No user of this forum is at fault for this issue.

13 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I know this is a critical subject, but ya'll need to chill. No user of this forum is at fault for this issue.

I’ll accept all blame. Gotten used to it from the wife :laugh:

5 hours ago, Henkl said:

I do not like this tread anymore. It is hostile. Jim, can you please close it.

If you don't like it then ignore it - don't spoil it for everyone else.

Pls no lock. I still wanna contribute.

I'm not sure having four contacts on the CV is possible - the wide neck would get in the way.

The best solution probably would be to have metallic parts, but then I'm pretty sure they'd be prohibitively expensive.

Edited by Bartybum

Just now, Bartybum said:

The best solution probably would be to have metallic parts, but then I'm pretty sure they'd be prohibitively expensive.

Well, TLG just went ahead and made 42099 prohibitively expensive anyway.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Well, TLG just went ahead and made 42099 prohibitively expensive anyway.

I mean, that's really besides the point

I hope they cut the price of the new CV joints on B&P. The price on these and on the new planetary hubs is extortionate, but then again so was the price of the new transmission parts when the Chiron came out, and now it's been slashed.

Oh, I also hope they fix B&P. Just sayin'.

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I mean, that's really besides the point

Is it? At least with parts that could withstand serious wear and thus retain versatility, the set would be closer to value for money. And metallic elements would be part of that.

42 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Pls no lock. I still wanna contribute.

I'm not sure having four contacts on the CV is possible - the wide neck would get in the way.

I apologize if this is a silly question.  But wouldn't metal on ABS cause a lot more wear and tear than we are already complaining about?

Just now, nerdsforprez said:

I apologize if this is a silly question.  But wouldn't metal on ABS cause a lot more wear and tear than we are already complaining about?

Not if both CV joint sections were metal.

34 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Is it? At least with parts that could withstand serious wear and thus retain versatility, the set would be closer to value for money. And metallic elements would be part of that.

It's besides the point because it's irrelevant to the conversation about the effect metallic CVs would have on the current price.

Metallic CVs would make any set more expensive than plastic ones. That has nothing to do with the current price of the set, hence why I say it's besides the point.

4 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

I'm assuming the suggestion for metal CVs would be that both parts are metallic.

Edited by Bartybum

Yea, but eventually it would be metal on ABS.  I think it would be overkill.  You would have metal CV connected to some axle or connector-type attachment.  I won't repost any of my videos, but I have made several crawlers with SS parts.  As someone that has played extensively with stainless steel axles and Lego, it never really goes over well. there is always quite a bit of damage when connecting Lego and ABS. 

Also, as pointed out by others, this would drive up the price of a set that is already 26 cents per piece, or 12 cents per gram.  By far the most expensive Technic set to date (relatively speaking). 

15 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Why isn't technic lego made out of metal in the first place. It would make sense. Think about it.

20 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

1323060938632.jpg

@Jim Can you please split the topic to one about actual CV joints and other about manufactoring finesesses?

Now the thread is on an all-out free fall.  :laugh:  @Mechbuilds - You may have just made the most entertaining comment of the year.  :laugh::laugh_hard:

8 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Why isn't technic lego made out of metal in the first place. It would make sense. Think about it.

Well, price. Making metal parts actually cost money, so TLG would not make 80% profit anymore. 

And weight. A 3kg plasic  model made from steel would probably be like 8kg. Drop it once...and you are dead.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:14 PM, nerdsforprez said:

Only when on stress and on the wrong place. I use metal axles on my loader, 

This model is build to last. More than 100 hours of digging outside and a lot of stall in the drivetrain. I design and tested my model for this, to eliminate the weakest point. It's just the knowhow or if you want it to do as a Lego designer. 

That's the whole point, for this kind of model and price you can't say as an engineer,'no that's normal, wear on a 0.5km/crawler' If you put a brushless motor and drive at 50/km/h with 30000rpm spinning parts, yes that's overkill and NORMAL you wear out plastic after a while, but not on this one!

Edited by ben20

53 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

Lol I genuinely dunno if you're being sarcastic. You are, right?

Edited by Bartybum

2 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

Isn't that's Meccano?  I think even Meccano is using plastic now instead of metal. 

Here you have your REAL Lego metal as in a set

bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=70644&name=Technic%20Hook%20Large%20Metal&category=%5BTechnic%5D#T=C

They could have made it in plastic, but the builders at that time want that a crane can lift things., They want to make sure that the hook, where a crane stands for, was more than strong enough.

The topic is not about the need for metal, yes the expert builder would like that, but it's about a piece driven by hand and show wear is no Lego quality as it should be

Edited by ben20

28 minutes ago, ben20 said:

Here you have your REAL Lego metal as in a set

bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=70644&name=Technic%20Hook%20Large%20Metal&category=%5BTechnic%5D#T=C

They could have made it in plastic, but the builders at that time want that a crane can lift things., They want to make sure that the hook, where a crane stands for, was more than strong enough.

The topic is not about the need for metal, yes the expert builder would like that, but it's about a piece driven by hand and show wear is no Lego quality as it should be

Exactly the point. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

12 hours ago, sirslayer said:

im not going to teach english on this thread

Just as well, you missed the apostrophe in " I'm ", the capital E and it would be 'in' this thread... Anyway, the point was, that hammering lego parts with none-lego torque loadings is NOT a legitimate test and will obviously cause wear. Its a none issue. Sugercane is not the cause, out-of-scope torque loading is. Many users have reported that under normal use, wear is minimal... therefore, blurring the issue with other 'facts' adds nothing